Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Thanks, I searched the wiki found this...

<h2 id="toc2">I am stuck at waiting for root device…</h2> Your SATA and/or IDE chipset is most likely not currently supported in Leopard.

How can this be, the DVD installing Leopard recognises the drive, I'm able to erase the drive in drive utilities, the dvd installs successfully without any error messages, but it stalls on reboot "waiting for root device"

I've moved the ide drive up the startup list, it is now sitting 2nd (after CD rom).

Can't get my PS2 Keyboard to work. Any idea?

I've tried to move ACPIPS2Nub from /System/Libraries/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform/Contents/Plugins to /System/Libraries/Extensions

Rebuild the cache.

I've tried some variations of Nub from the forum, but nothing to work. I've installed Stock-ACPIPlatform from DVD too.

Someone can help me?

Thanks!

just tried to install the v3 on my laptop ACER Aspire 3103WLMI, and at the boot of the dvd, before getting to the screen menu, i get a "still waiting for root device".

it seems the ata driver (and/or ACPI driver) is not the same from v2 to v3, so it doesn't work for me.

i'm gonna reinstall the v2 until next release.

I have a question here that I hope someone can answer. My system is set up in raid0/2 WD150/ and a WD150 that has Leo 4 on it. I have to go into the BIOS each time to use Vista. Leo doesn't see the raid volume. Would I have to format Vista and use boot camp for me to be able to select which HD to boot from. Another problem I have been having is when I boot to Leo I have to hit the F1 key,then select the OS,then it boots....would like to just press the button and it load Leo by itself...Mike

hi!

i need help, i would like to do some things that required to me an administrator account (and mine doesn't work, have insufficient privilege). How i can create an account with administrator privilege?

i search on google but i didn't found nothing... ;)

thk

Do you have my same problem or my same mobo? Because I have tested that before with no good result.

Im so desapointed with Asrock Wolfdale 1333 d667 that i will get an Intel DG31PR to replace it.

I got it to work with leo4all v3, encountered constant restart everytime it starts to load the installation, but when disabled hyper-threading in my bios and installation continues...

Awesome install...

Everything worked pretty much out the box for me, Only thing I had to do was Install without no graphics driver, and then Install NVinject after installation..

I Do have a couple little issues though..

I cant seem to see my Windows Shares anymore...They were working fine, but not any more...But I can see the mac shares from a windows PC.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I did try installing Sharefix patch, but didnt do anything...

Other issue I have, is sometime Usb Devices, like my NI Audio Kontrol, or my USB keyboard, dont work straight away, I have to unplug and plug them back in for them to work...

Just wondering if anyone else has these problems and knows how to fix....

Cheers

Nico

Hello to everyone. I downloaded Leo4All v3 and i would like to know if it would run on this system:

ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2181 MHz (11 x 198), Alias Merom, IS: x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3

Chipset: North Bridge - Intel Crestline-PM PM965 (Santa Rosa)

South Bridge - Intel 82801HBM ICH8-DO (Santa Rosa)

BIOS: Phoenix v2.30

RAM: 3072 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Audio: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI Radeon HD 2600 - High Definition Audio Controller (PCI)

Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller (PCI)

Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600, 512 RAM (PCI)

Disk: Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (SMART), Intel® 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller, Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

Network: Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter (PCI)

Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Network Adapter (PCI)

This configuration is on Satellite P200 notebook.

So if anyone (with similar configuration or experience) can help me choose (PM or on this thread) the right options during installation if installation is possible. I am currently running Windows Vista and i would like to create dual boot with Mac OS X/Leo4Allv3.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------

Edit:

Ok, this is what i did:

I shrinked my NTFS partition and made shrinked part unallocated. I made it active and booted from Leo4All v3 disk. Darwin started, listed startup volumes like this:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

3070 MB memory

VESA v3.0 16 MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

Use keys to select startup volume

hd (0,1) - part where my recovery for Vista is (came when i purchased laptop)

hd (0,2) Vista

hd (0,3) Data

hd (0,4) Apple HFS

Then, when i choose "Apple HFS" this error shows: System config file '/library/preferences/systemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

Can somebody give me some guidelines what did i do wrong. Did i make wrong partition, is it something concerning my BIOS, did i burned faulty disk or there is something else cousing this message to show?

hey eddie, i got leo4all v3 yesterday and its not working right.. i've pased every boot option that i possably can and still the same out come \\

my specs:

Custom Built

P4 478 3.06Ghz SSE2

1GB DDR

Intel 848P Chipsets (ICH5)

2 SATA HD's in enchanced mode (i think, they act as extra IDE drives)

1 IDE HD (this is my stroage/backup drive)

ATI HD 2600PRO AGP (mines by sapphire)

i boot up with the V3 DVD i get the Darwin/X86 Boot bla bla bla press f8 (though i get almost exact results when i let it boot by default) it will load the kernel extensions.mketext a couple times then reboot endless cycle no matter what boot option i pass to it i get the same results verbose dose nothing -s for single user does nothing diffrent -f reloads all the ktexts but still reboots afterwards -x loads alot of ketexts but still reboots afterwards im at a loss here im no stranger to BSD and OSX im not sure what the deal here is all of my hardware should be compatible

please reply as soon as you can

thanks

Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes

This is a release I created for my own use. I have an AMD and an Intel computer

and wanted to simplify the install. I have made it with max compatability in

mind, but your mileage may vary. All original Languages are included.

Install Notes

The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.

During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" I am sorry your hardware is probably not supported. You can try changing some options in your BIOS, maybe you get lucky.

If you get error com.apple.boot.plist not found your DVD is most likely bad, burn it again at a lower speed.

If you have an AMD system please check the box for AMD-System-Fix to aplly the patches needed for Leopard to work!!

AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.

If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked. This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.

Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.

The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.

Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)

Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.

If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card.

If you installed Video drivers during install(not recommended) and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.

If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application I included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

There is no way to support everyone as the drivers are just not available. If this does not work for you I am sorry. I will give what support I can and I am sure others with knowledge will too.

Please read the above comments before asking questions as many of the common issues are covered here.

UPDATE-- Wiki information is slowly going up HERE

UPDATE-2 PPFv1 is now available for you enjoyment.

Feel free to Donate here

why doesn't it support X800GTO still...i have try many ways listed on the internet ...i can change to 1280*1024, but i can't open QE/CI...and i can't find ATIraedon9700.kext in this DVD...please add it ok?

I have question regarding Time Machine.

I have Ethernet card(en0) that gets detected and Time machine works great.

But i have wireless card(en1) i need to connect to Internet. I need to edit IO80211....Kext and get it to work but at that time my ethernet card disappears and Time machine started giving error and never works after that. So basically network card is causing Time machine issue.

Is their anyway i can keep my both cards detected at same time, because 1 need to connect to internet and other for time machine because i do not have wired network.

I have tried both Leo4AllV1 and V2.

Please help.....

Probably the only way around this is if you can force your wlan card to en0 and just disable the wired card altogether.

Great, I just reinstalled Leo4All V2 last night and even modifying kext for Wlan my ethernet is still detected and time is working too,

Now i have full configuration working.

You guyz rockssssss

Hi Eddie, I just try out the Leo4allv3. I am using the Dell Xps m1330, everything works fine, other than i can't find my Optical drive when i boot into OSX.

Do you have any idea what could have went wrong?

Anyway thanx for the amazing effort :gun:

Hi i encounter another problem, I followed your how-to on dual booting Vista and Leo. I was at the last stage of your instructions, which is this

19). Instead of Booting in the DVD, press F8 and boot with -s.

20). To use the Darwin bootloader, you will have to write a new MBR. Follow the commands below-

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0flag 1writeyesquitreboot21). Now after reboot, you should see the Darwin bootloader active again, and when you press enter, Windows NTFS will be the foreign O/S installed on your system in addition to Mac OS X. By default, after 8 seconds, Darwin should boot off the Mac OS X partition. However, you can always select the Windows Vista partition anytime you have to access that O/S.

However after doing this step. My Leo did not part. There was an error

HFS+ Partition error.

Anyway to fix this?

OK here i'am with Eddie's super Leo4allv3. First thanks Eddie for this Working version of Mac. I works good on my Asus A6J laptop.

And soi have many questions:

==> Video questions:

- I still try tu put the max. resolution with my bloody ATI X1600 (Dionesos,sheby,lord uffa,...'s methods). I won't give up and continue cominaisons B) . You're Welcome for any advise, especially with the DVI output working...!

- Do we need the "Graphic's Update" from apple site support (for Leo4allv3) ?

- What is the associated zip file "Leo4Allv3-OldNforce-PPF.ppf" for?? And how to install this pakage under Mac ??

==> Audio questions:

- Did any one succed in having sound on a ASUS laptop?

==> Drives questions:

- My intern dvd player, intern wireless card and intern webcam don't work (only ethernet is working!)

So thanks to you all for all

And GOD Save INGRID....

Eddie,

Something to bear in mind for the next release... (a patch must be on the cards for the impending 10.5.3 -_- )

I managed to get your power management bundle working with stock ACPI Platform 1.2.1 following macgirls instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...80425&st=40

This has been working happily for over a week. I've attached the modified files I used for laptop users who aren't confident editing these files and a screen as proof.

Now onto the sporadic ghosting of the curs-ed GMA950!

Power_Management_Working_ACPI_1.2.1.zip

post-207028-1210462963_thumb.png

Can anybody make a fast screenshots for this HexEditor, caus' it don't wanna Find anything...:

=========

Chapter 3: HexEditing ATIRadeonX1000 binary file so QE/CI can be enabled

1. Open the program 0xED

2. Click File, Open...

3. Navigate to Users/Username/Desktop/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000

4. Now go to Edit, Find, Find...

5. Find: c071 | Replace: type in your device id, but reverse the pair... so if your device id is 71c3, thus you type, c371 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)

6. Then again do the same as above, but with this information instead, Find: 71c0 | Replace: your device id as you normally see it | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 6 incidences)

7. Click File, Save, then exit the program.

=========

Hi There!

I just attempted to install Leo4Allv2 on Gateway GM5420 Desktop PC. Install went well and at end it said something like that "It was successfull and it needs to be restarted.." I clicked OK. After it my PC restarted and displayed this following message:

"No Bootable device -- Insert Boot disk and press any key".

What I should do in this situation to my PC to work finally????

I examined hard drive and it shows that it was populated with system files during install, looks like install did not do bootable part to make hard drive bootable?

Any help will be appreciated a lot!

Thanks

i have install leo4all v3 in my amd system

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16

Memory: 896 MB

Bus Speed: 100 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.88Z.005C.B08.0707251237 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.0

Boot Volume: Leopard

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: arya

User Name: Tablin Arya Juanda (arya)

Time since boot: 2:39

the problem is:

1. i allways get this msg in my system log

May 11 11:08:35 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=195[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 11:55:47 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=203[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 11:55:47 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=204[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 11:56:01 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=208[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 12:08:25 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=215[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:02:33 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=219[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:02:33 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=220[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:41:11 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=245[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:43:41 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=248[Console] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:43:41 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=250[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

2. i cant open "About This Mac" it caused all my aplication terminated.

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.loginwindow[37]) Exited abnormally: Bus error

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x9009].com.apple.finder[133]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-Aqua[130]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.pbs[126]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.ServerScanner[128]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0xd00d].com.skoobysoft.surplusmeteragent[147]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.pboard[137]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0xe00e].com.apple.systemevents[148]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.Spotlight[129]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x6006].com.apple.dock[131]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.quicklook[142]) Exited: Terminated

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x8008].com.apple.systemuiserver[132]) Exited: Terminated

any suggestion?