hi all

I have a problem with installation.

this is my notebook's spec:

amd Turionx2

nforce

nvidia go 7600 256Mb

dual hd 120Gb sata

wireless broadcom a/b/g

I try to install Leopard and everything seems to go well, but when I reboot, darwin starts and says me: " system config file apple.com.boot.plist not found"

I don't know how to fix this

I see on a forum that I have to delete 2 files, but I have only a pc with windows xp running on it and MacDrive doesn't work, so I cannot try this.

I hope someone can help me.

Excuse my english.

Thanks

bye

hi all

I have a problem with installation.

this is my notebook's spec:

amd Turionx2

nforce

nvidia go 7600 256Mb

dual hd 120Gb sata

wireless broadcom a/b/g

I try to install and everything seems to go well, but when I reboot darwin starts and say me: " system config file apple.com.boot.plist not found"

I don't know how to fix this

I see on a forum that I have to delete 2 files, but I have only a pc with windows xp running on it and MacDrive doesn't work, so I cannot try this.

I hope someone can help me.

Excuse my english.

Thanks

bye

i have quick question!

would this mac4all help me get the tablet funtionallity back that i long for! :P

i have a Toshiba Tablet R25

Mobile Intel 945GM Express

thanks!

p.s. and how about the wireless lan ?

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG ???

I am trying to install Leo4Allv2 on my Sony SZ220. The laptop has two video cards, Intel GMA 950 and Nvidia Go 7400. I have heard lots of successful stories with GMA 950. But here is the weird thing with mine.

In the BIOS, the LCD is set to expand to Full screen.

With GMA 950, I can not get pass the initial installation screen. The LCD went white, then faded to grey when the Apple installation screen is starting, kind of thing you see when refresh rate of the video card is too high for the monitor.

With GeForce Go 7400, I can finish the installation. But I only get 1024x768, no acceleration. Tried with NVInject, the LCD could not take it.

Anyone had successful installation on SZ220? I am interested in your story.

Thanks,

Below is the spec

Intel Core Duo T2400, 1.83Ghz

2GB

120GB SATA

1280x800 LCD

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 and Intel GMA 950

chipset: Intel 945GM

i have quick question!

would this mac4all help me get the tablet funtionallity back that i long for! :(

i have a Toshiba Tablet R25

Mobile Intel 945GM Express

thanks!

p.s. and how about the wireless lan ?

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG ???

3945ABG is much anticipated and good progress is being made here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...072&st=1140

I am trying to install Leo4Allv2 on my Sony SZ220. The laptop has two video cards, Intel GMA 950 and Nvidia Go 7400. I have heard lots of successful stories with GMA 950. But here is the weird thing with mine.

In the BIOS, the LCD is set to expand to Full screen.

With GMA 950, I can not get pass the initial installation screen. The LCD went white, then faded to grey when the Apple installation screen is starting, kind of thing you see when refresh rate of the video card is too high for the monitor.

With GeForce Go 7400, I can finish the installation. But I only get 1024x768, no acceleration. Tried with NVInject, the LCD could not take it.

Anyone had successful installation on SZ220? I am interested in your story.

Thanks,

Below is the spec

Intel Core Duo T2400, 1.83Ghz

2GB

120GB SATA

1280x800 LCD

NVidia GeForce Go 7400 and Intel GMA 950

chipset: Intel 945GM

I am note sure what the problem is, I have had others have no issue installing with GMA950. Must be something specific to your configuration.

wattleferdz Nobody is going to be able to assist you unless you post more specifics on your hardware.

You can certainly inject whatever kext you want in the extensions folder. AppleNforceATA.kext will need to be placed inside of IOATAFamily.kext replacing the old one. It was split on which version to use, only reason I inlcluded the newer one was alot of peoples SATA DVD's would not work at all with the older one. I will do some testing tonight if I have a chance. Maybe I can make a small patch that would allow people to revert to the older version without having to use transmac. Which version worked for you?

i also own an old nf3 chipset , and an amd sepron, but i can't boot the dvd,m it writes 4 lines and it loops in this state restarting. tried all bios settings. i couldn't install any of the lropard version, but the tiger works fully compatible q

/ci enabled on my gef 7600 gs agp

I also have a nforce3 chipset and Sempron 2600+ with SSE2.

Tiger 10.4.8 JaS works great on it.

Every single release of Leopard (10.5.1 or 10.5.2) I tried (except ToH x86 RC2-AMD patched), it was impossible to boot from DVD

and got loop reboot right at the beggining.

Any ideas what is the problem? It's something about EFI?

Are there any chances for succes with your new Leo2All v3? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I was able to finally do good with a hackintosh. the prob is that my hackintosh has no sound, no ethernet, no wifi, rendering the whole thing alost useless. Im using an acer aspire 4520; amd64x2, 2G memory. Please help. thanx!

hi wattleferdz.

did u installed leo using Leo4All on your acer 4520?

i'm still downloading that stuff? could u give a hint anyting problem during the installation.

my specs same with u.

thanks in advance

Hi Eddie,

I am downloading original Leopard 10.5. Can you please let me know what in all packages you haven't included in Leo4allV2 DVD, because everything is working great on my PC except printer. So i want to install everything else you were not able to include on one DVD. Can i install printers separately from Leopard DVD, Please reply because my download will finish maybe sometime later today.

Hi Eddie,

i just came across this at the Wiki : http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/latest-release-information

So V3 is released ? Where can i find it ? I just checked the usual place (look at the pirates) but its not there.

Maybe we have to w8 till the upload is finished :gathering:

P.S.: I successfully installed V2 on my spare AMD machine. I got everything to work fine. The only thing that bugs me is that every PPC App crashes immediately if launch it (Gumby 50c for example). Also if i switch in the "get info" field of an application the box "Open with Rosetta" all Apps crash immediately if i start them. Looks like if Rosetta is not working in v2 ? Or is something wrong with my installation ? Any suggestions ? Would bee nice to get this last bug sorted out on my installation.

My Specs are :

AMD Athlon X2 4800+

Nforce 4 Mainboard

NVidia 7300 GT GFX

Realtek RTL 8139 LAN

ALC 850 Sound

Greetz

nabel0

Hi Eddie,

I am downloading original Leopard 10.5. Can you please let me know what in all packages you haven't included in Leo4allV2 DVD, because everything is working great on my PC except printer. So i want to install everything else you were not able to include on one DVD. Can i install printers separately from Leopard DVD, Please reply because my download will finish maybe sometime later today.

You can install the printer drivers from the original Leopard DVD.

Select optional installs once inserted.

Can someone answer me?

What causes that loop reboot instead of normal boot from DVD?

It happened with all discs I tried to boot from.

I used different drives for burning with Nero8 in windows and burn utility in Tiger.

My specs:

AMD Sempron 2600+ 64 bit in overclock,

Gigabyte NForce3 K8NS, latest Bios version (F19),

Video FX 5500 AGP8 128 Mbx128 bit

1 GB RAM (512+256+256) DDR1 400 MHz,

1 HDD 80 GB IDE, Master

1 HDD 160 GB SATA2 (Sata 0)

1 DVD Drive IDE, Slave

1 DVD Drive SATA2 (Sata 1)

Ethernet,Sound on-board.

I tried ACPI_Suspend_type both S1(POS) and S3(STR) in Bios.

There's no references about AHCI in my BIOS options.

What could be the problem???

You can install the printer drivers from the original Leopard DVD.

Select optional installs once inserted.

Thanks

Do you know which other packages he didn't included in Leo4AllV2 release

Hi!, I'm using Leo4All v3 and (like with v2) I can install perfectly, I see my SATA disk on a nForce controller, but when I reboot the laptop the system doesn't boot. How can I solve this, it's a bit frustrating because the installation CD sees all my hardware (even the wireless adapter)

Cheers

Yesterday, after many many tries, I made my HP DV2171cl AMD Turion 64x2 to boot into Leo4Allv2. I used sleepkernel -v, and it passed the "still waiting for root device" and started seeing an endless gray screen that alternates between the mouse pointer and the disk spinning.

After the HDisk stopped at all, no activity, waited for 10 min approx, I manually restarted and then try to boot as sleepkernel -s to set passwd and flag the account creation. When it was done I tried many times to boot but AGAIN started to give me the infamous messgage: "still waiting for root device"

I'm seeing that sometimes I get a msg: AppleNforce ATA ... found 0

and then AppleNforce IDE....found 1

Is it realted to the chipset?

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here so please be gentle.

I've been working on installing leo4all 10.5.2v3 on my dell d620 and can't wait to get things running.

I have gone through the install process a few times so far but have not been able to boot in to the OS yet. I have the dual boot working fine but when the OS loads, I receive a "IOPCCardbridge: start failed" then the dreaded "waiting for root device" message and it hangs.

I have been trying to make things work with options in the setup, and looking around the forums for information. I have disabled NIC,PCMCIA,wireless etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your hard work on this project. I have eagerly awaited the ability to install osx on my PC platform.

Mark

I'm trying to install Leo4allv3 on my computer, but I can't even get to the installation. Everytime I boot from leo4all dvd, computer restarts. It asks boot options and after that few lines appear and reboot(no error message). I'd appreciate some help. ;)

Specs

AMD Phenom 9600

MSI K9N Neo V3

4GiB Ram

ATI Radeon HD3870

SATA DVD-RW Drive

SATA 160GiB HD

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here so please be gentle.

I've been working on installing leo4all 10.5.2 on my dell d620 and can't wait to get things running.

I have gone through the install process a few times so far but have not been able to boot in to the OS yet. I have the dual boot working fine but when the OS loads, I receive a "IOPCCardbridge: start failed" then the dreaded "waiting for root device" message and it hangs.

I have been trying to make things work with options in the setup, and looking around the forums for information. I have disabled NIC,PCMCIA,wireless etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your hard work on this project. I have eagerly awaited the ability to install osx on my PC platform.

Mark

Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz <LI>1GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM (2 x 512MB config) <LI>80GB 7200RPM SATA HD <LI>14.1-inch WXGA screen <LI>Integrated graphics (Intel Media Accelerator 950) <LI>24X CDRW / DVDRW Combo <LI>Windows XP Pro <LI>Dell Wireless 1490 802.11 a/g and built-in Bluetooth

Update:

I was able to get the osx to boot last night. YahoOOOoooo!

I had to disable Speedstep, dual core, and my nic card but it worked :(

Everything seems to work well except for my wireless network adaptor. I can't seem to get any network adaptors installed. For some reason, even though I disabled the modem in the bios, the modem is the only device that shows up in the network applet/shell.

Other than that, things seem great! I just need to get my dual boot to default to the XP boot as XP is still my primary OS for the moment.

If anyone has any information to share that'll help me with my last few bugs, that'd be GREAT!!

Thanks again for the great wealth of info provided by your site!

Marko

I'm trying to install Leo4allv3 on my computer, but I can't even get to the installation. Everytime I boot from leo4all dvd, computer restarts. It asks boot options and after that few lines appear and reboot(no error message). I'd appreciate some help. :P

Specs

AMD Phenom 9600

MSI K9N Neo V3

4GiB Ram

ATI Radeon HD3870

SATA DVD-RW Drive

SATA 160GiB HD

Ok....I gave -x boot parameter and that got me a bit further. Now it loaded a lot .kext -files, but after that reboot again(I think just before installation gui). :)

Maybe this is video card related, anyone got this work with hd3870?