Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Hi!

Yesturday was the day I managed to install Leo succesfully. It was a long time I tried. I had this problem too. I dunno what enet card u have, but the solution for me was getin the driver, install it properly (as it seems the -f attribute doesnt worked here, i used -R) and delete the original Apple driver, and it was ready to go.

by the way i have a pci RTL8139. what type of card do u have? oh and my integrated card screwed everithin up....

hope i could be any help!

Á

Hum, my Network adapter is an " NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller " .. And i don't know how to do that -R thing, can you help me out with it? Like .. step by step ? Thanks a lot.

I just found the same problem. I am surprised that more people haven't noticed this or maybe they are all installing on their one & only computer & have no server to connect to:-)

There is an error in a symbolic link /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs You can check this from Terminal with this command:-

ls -l /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

If it shows something like this then there is a problem as the link should be to /System not just System:-

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 49 Mar 25 12:22 /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs -> System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext

To fix this in Terminal enter these commands

sudo rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.f

Before each command executes you will be prompted for your password.

I had a look inside the packages on the Leo4ALLV2 disk & the error is present there so I guess that it's something for Eddie to fix for V3 plus add to the Known Issues http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/known-issues

Hi nigelbb

Many thanks! This worked for me too :) on my nForce chipset MOBO with Kalyway 10.5.2 Install + Mysticus 10.5.3 Combo Updater v1.3 Installer package.

Cheers haxi :P

Okay, let me sound stupid here before I just end up failing again...

This is what I have:

Board: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ "Venice" 400FSB

Video: eVGA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB

RAM: 2*Crucial 2GB kit (1GBx2), 184-pin DIMM, DDR PC3200

Chipset: nVIDIA nForce4 Ultra (CK8-04)

Sound: Realtek AC97 Audio

Network: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2 & 10.5.1, neither of which work. Both freeze during installation. So, I decided I'd give this one a try... I don't particularly know too much about computers, soo... Yeah.

I'm downloading this: Leo4Allv2 Universal 10.5.2 AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

And this: 10.5.2 update for AMD

Oh and my keyboard is a PS/2 not USB, but my mouse is USB. Oh and I want to dual boot with my XP install, oh and I failed at reinstalling Ubuntu (lol) so I want to install this over the partition that has that.

I know I need to add the kext to the DVD but other than that is there anything special I need to do? You know, other than check md5sum, burn at slowest speed, then just run the installer?

I assume the GRUB boot loader from Ubuntu might mess things up somehow? Or will the MBR option when installing just overwrite the GRUB?

Hi Again,

I didn't receive any response last time but I hope I have better luck this time.

I had Leo4allv3 installed on my D620 and had eeverything running except for the:

Dual Core Support

Wired networking

Wireless networking

Awake from sleep

Some video issues

I have a little knowlage with computers but am no pro by any means. If anyone has any ideas that will assist my install, please let me know!

Thanks!

Update:

I was able to get the osx to boot last night. YahoOOOoooo!

I had to disable Speedstep, dual core, and my nic card but it worked :)

Everything seems to work well except for my wireless network adaptor. I can't seem to get any network adaptors installed. For some reason, even though I disabled the modem in the bios, the modem is the only device that shows up in the network applet/shell.

Other than that, things seem great! I just need to get my dual boot to default to the XP boot as XP is still my primary OS for the moment.

If anyone has any information to share that'll help me with my last few bugs, that'd be GREAT!!

Thanks again for the great wealth of info provided by your site!

Marko

Mark

Hello,

I've installed Leo4All v2 on my test partition in hope of getting this build to run.

Installation went ok, no boot errors (it boots default in verbose mode).

However it doesn't get past the grey screen with (movable) mouse arrow. (waited up to 10 minutes, there is sometimes hd-activity though it stops after 5 mins).

I installed with default selections in the customize window (though with NVidia 9.9.2 driver checked).

Tried several bootflag options (-x, -f) even tried to remove videodriver in single user mode but got errors saying read-only issue.

Any ideas what's going wrong or what causes Leo4All not to start?

See my system specs in my sig.

Thanks!

@all that have Leo4All v2 / v3 working,

I isntalled leo4all v2 again, after erasing partition.

Default install selection, no drivers but Intel chipset checked.

Still having the same problem, Leopard won't boot into account creation screens. Only thing I get is grey screen with mouse arrow (arrow responds to mouse movements). No errors during boot. Kernel is 9.2.0 ToH (build 1228), at least that is what verbose mode displays.

System.log doesn't show errors, there's no activity after mouting other 'drivers' (partitions)...

Please, any ideas?

I've installed Leo4All v2 on my test partition in hope of getting this build to run.

Installation went ok, no boot errors (it boots default in verbose mode).

However it doesn't get past the grey screen with (movable) mouse arrow. (waited up to 10 minutes, there is sometimes hd-activity though it stops after 5 mins).

I installed with default selections in the customize window (though with NVidia 9.9.2 driver checked).

Tried several bootflag options (-x, -f) even tried to remove videodriver in single user mode but got errors saying read-only issue.

Any ideas what's going wrong or what causes Leo4All not to start?

Thanks a lot!

how do I compile my Atheros AR5007EG Wireless drivers or my marvel yukon drivers ?

besides this theres no issues installing it on my toshiba M205, with vanila kernel, all went fine, got audio, video and touchpad working.. the only issue now is the network conection..

cheers

@all that have Leo4All v2 / v3 working,

I isntalled leo4all v2 again, after erasing partition.

Default install selection, no drivers but Intel chipset checked.

Still having the same problem, Leopard won't boot into account creation screens. Only thing I get is grey screen with mouse arrow (arrow responds to mouse movements). No errors during boot. Kernel is 9.2.0 ToH (build 1228), at least that is what verbose mode displays.

System.log doesn't show errors, there's no activity after mouting other 'drivers' (partitions)...

Please, any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

+1 , I'm having the exact same issue. Removing the video drivers didn't help.

Sorry if this has been covered.

I got into the installer and selected the custom options for my computer setup. Clicked install and it checked the disc. Everything went find.

But the instant it goes to install it comes up with the attached error.

I burnt the disc at its lowest speed for my drive (4x) but the error still remains.

Any thoughts and theories?

So far, leo4all is the only distro which will get me to the installer without whinging about waiting for root device etc. So close!

Edit: Fixed it to a point.

By not selecting any extra drivers etc it installed, but now when it boots it states "waiting for root device" but didnt whinge about it when it was installing.

Im running out of options, only one left is butchering my 250G IDE external HD to try to make this work.

Any pointers? PLEASEE

post-188883-1215348108_thumb.jpg

Please can someone tell me where I can get a copy of leo4all?  I am new to the hackintosh scene but am very interested in getting a system up with it running.  I have a problem though in that torrent download is not an option to me at the moment.  From my research at the moment it seems that Gigabyte mboards are a stable and good option to go for in building such a system but there are is so much information on the hcl. can someone please recommend a good config?

what installation dvd you guys are using ?

PM

I've been out in the clouds since March last time I tried.. nothing really worked

Hello All!

I seem to be having a spot of trouble with the installer. When it asks me where to install, I go into Disk Utilities. It seems that Disk Utilities is not recognizing my hard drive. I was told to try the 'fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0' command followed by 'p, f 1, u, w' which gave me a nice little permission denied error.

Any help will be much appreciated, keep in mind I am new to Mac.

Installed Memory:  	2000
 	Screen Size: 	15.4
 	Processor Type: 	AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile
 	Operating System: 	Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
 	Aspect Ratio: 	16:10
 	Included Network Card: 	Ethernet (10/100 Mbps),
Wireless Ethernet - 11 Mbps IEEE802.11b,
Wireless Ethernet - 54 Mbps IEEE802.11g
 	Video Chipset: 	NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
 	Interface Type: 	Audio - Line In (1/8" Mini),
Audio - Line Out (1/8" Mini),
Ethernet - RJ45 Twisted-Pair (XBaseT),
Serial - RJ11 Modular (Phone/Telco),
USB - Universal Serial Bus 2.0,
Video - S-Video,
Video - 15 pin High-Density D-shell (VGA)
 	Included Drives: 	DVD+-RW DL
 	Processor Speed: 	1900
 	Hard Drive Size: 	160000
 	Weight: 	91.2
Processor 	 
 	Processor Speed: 	1.9 GHz
 	AMD Model: 	TL-58
 	Processor Class: 	AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile
Memory 	 
 	Memory Technology: 	DDR2
 	Maximum Memory: 	4 GB
 	Installed Memory: 	2 GB
System 	 
 	Slots: 	Memory Stick PRO,
MultiMedia Card (MMC),
SD Card,
Sony Memory Stick,
xD-Picture Card
 	Interface Connection: 	Audio - Line In (1/8" Mini),
Audio - Line Out (1/8" Mini),
Ethernet - RJ45 Twisted-Pair (XBaseT),
Serial - RJ11 Modular (Phone/Telco),
USB - Universal Serial Bus 2.0,
Video - S-Video,
Video - 15 pin High-Density D-shell (VGA)
 	Drive Controllers: 	Serial ATA
 	Cache Size: 	1 MB
 	Bus Speed: 	800 MHz
Display 	 
 	Max Resolution: 	1280 x 800
 	Display Type: 	LCD Display w/ BrightView Technology
 	Aspect Ratio: 	16:10
 	Display Size: 	15.4 in
Multimedia 	 
 	Video Bus: 	PCI Express x16
 	Video Chipset: 	NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
 	Video Integration: 	Motherboard
Storage 	 
 	Number of Hard Drives Included: 	1
 	Hard Drive Capacity: 	160 GB
 	Included Drives: 	DVD+-RW DL
Features 	 
 	Included Devices: 	Modem
 	Included Network Card: 	Ethernet (10/100 Mbps),
Wireless Ethernet - 11 Mbps IEEE802.11b,
Wireless Ethernet - 54 Mbps IEEE802.11g
 	Input Devices: 	Keyboard,
Touchpad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Is it possible to update Leo4Allv3 to 10.5.4 after install?

After a lot of problems with Kalyway 10.5.2 , iAtkos v4 I finally made it to install mac on my asus f3jc but with netkas kernel. I would like to update it now to 10.5.4. Is it possible to do it with backup in case of something going wrong and possibility that osx won't boot anymore? If not, is there a possibility to just change kernel to vanilla?

How to install my sound card on it?

Hey guys want to report that Leo4Allv4 worked terrific almost on my Core 2 Duo Laptop and AMD Opteron Desktop

Leo4Allv4 installed, then used Kalyway 10.5.3 combo on Intel laptop and then upgraded to 10.5.4

Leo4allv4 installed on AMD desktop, used AMD Software updater to upgrade to 10.5.4

Hello!

I have a very massive problem booting up leo4allv3 and install. I have tried another relase before, but it says waiting for root device. Ok, trying leo4all. I have 4gig Ram so I used -maxmem=2048. So now my problems: Any other flags do not work. Sometimes the bootloader lets me in the installation screen with maxmem, sometimes not. It seems that this has something to do with FAT and NTFS. I create a partition in windows with FAT32, the install screen can appear. When I want to go on, sometimes my screen freezes at preparing install, or it freezes right after beginning the installation process. If I have formatted the partition with this apple standart and its stops installation and I reboot, it freezes before installation screen. It only works when I have this partition formated with FAT32 and then with the utility to the apple standart. But it freezes every time at installation, sometimes after the dvd inspection, sometimes at this process. I have to add my primary SATA is on Vista and the harddrive for OSX is a second, it also happens when I try to install on same drive as vista. My PC specs are:

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Code Name Kentsfield

Package Socket 775 LGA

Core Stepping G0

Instruction sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

Chipset & Memory:

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI SPP rev. A2

Graphic Interface PCI-Express

PCI-E Link Width x16

PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 4096 MBytes

Memory Frequency 400.1 MHz (2:3)

System:

Mainboard Vendor ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Mainboard Model P5N-E SLI

BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD

BIOS Version ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1101

BIOS Date 06/11/2008

Memory SPD

Module 1 DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 2048 MBytes, GEIL

Module 2 DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 2048 MBytes, GEIL

I hope you can understand my problem(my english is very very bad) and can help me!

bye

Hey eddie! Beautiful work here on this release. I know I look like a newbie, but I've been surfing the forums for quite awhile now, and have resolved all of my issues but 1. I'm using your v1 release, and have had tons of success getting stuff to work. Sata/Pata Sound Output, Graphics all are working great. I'm having a problem with my networking preferences pane in system preferences. I can open it, but if I try to make any changes, it freezes and I have to force quit. (The reason it's a problem... I suspect the problem with the Networking Pane is related to the issues I'm having getting my OS X supported Sierra Wireless Aircard 881U to work. I won't bother you with asking for help about it, except to tell you that OSX recognizes the card and the FixNetworkConfig process crashes with a sigbus error.) I'm not sure what's causing the crash, but if you have any ideas, or have already addressed the issue, I would be very grateful if you would point me in the right direction. Muchas gracias por todos!

Oh, btw, Marvin's AMD utility refuses to run... says it's not supported on this architecture, but that seems a bit retarded, as it was designed to patch files for this architecture. Thanks!

ok i have read this hole thread and have not see an answer to this. i have completed the install of V3 leo4all no prob. but at when it try's to boot it gives me the "waiting for root device".

and be for you smack me upside the head i did read the first post. but for me this is happening after install so what could be wrong?

plz disreguard all set

i had not selected the chipset driver. but after a reformat of the drive and proper setup it is now working with a 2 lcd setup

MB asus a8n premium

cpu amd x2 4400

video pny 8400 gs 256mb

hd sata raptorX 150gig

usb working

sound is not working (yet..lol)

• 3 weeks later...
This is the only release I've been able to get working straight away. I'm using the version 2 release. About my machine - a HP Laptop nx9420.

Here's what worked for me - I used the disk utility to partition the hard disk into 3 partitions. The second partition I formatted for the Leo4All install. I didn't install any additional drivers, just used the standard kernel. I have to use boot options to do a cpus=1 on boot (I have practically no options in the bios and couldn't see how to fix this that way), it booted fine. Then I added the graphics drivers for my ATI X1600 mobility card - I did a search on this forum and found that there was an installer package. It worked straight out of the installer for me. Rebooted, I now have native resolution. Then I added sound drivers - searched for my device again on this forum and found the appropriate kext. Next problem was getting the ethernet drivers to work - I had the old black screen of death issue on diskutility repair permissions - that was repaired by booting from the Leo4All disc and running repair in diskutility there. That seemed to fix the detection of my ethernet port - except it does not detect the correct MAC address (the old zero address problem) so my router wouldn't issue an IP address - got round this by manually adding the zero MAC address into my router config to assign a fixed IP address to the card.

So to sum up, I have a working Leopard with video, sound and ethernet LAN on my nx9420 laptop. Next I installed MS Vista onto the first partition of the disk and then installed EasyBCD - it recognised the MAC OS partition straight away, so I now have dual boot Vista/Leopard.

Really pleased with it so far. Thanks for a great install :D

Hello,

Great to know your experience.

Mainly I want to know the name of the graphic card installer you used for the nx9420. It has a x1600 mobility. I find others but not for that card. Ialso have a nx9420 with leo4all 10.5.2 installed successfully and working but no native resoltion (1680x1050).

Any help from others?

Thanks

Hi there

A short question...@robnyc: did you do the x.5.3 --> x.5.4 with the Apple Updater? Or did you have another Combo Update?

I'm going to try the update from leo4All V3 to 10.5.3 with the kalyway update.

KlyX

Hi i Need your help to solve my problem below.

I burn a image and boot up with the DVD burned(i did not formated my current Vista).

After that it prompted will Erase my HD if need to proceed with installation, then i click yes. After that, a window prompted and saying that MAC OS X could not installed in your PC,The installer could not create the folder"volumes/untittled/Basesystem.pkg.129cApKg6.

what is the problem?

thanks