Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

I have a laptop, which i am guessing will not work, but thought i would ask.

It's got Intel 855gm chipset. Intergrated graphics. 512mb ram. Intel Mobile cpu 1.4

I got leo4all working on pc, just want it on laptop now.

eddie11c

Hi I am using 2 Samsung SATA optical drives in Leopard.

I have 2 drives, one DVD/RW and one DVD-ROM.

I have no burning support with any application (iTunes, Disk Utility)

It DOES see the one drive as a burner just fails when I attempt to burn a disk.

Using nForce Test kext. LeoV2

Drives not recognized on old nForce kext.

Only the burner shows as ejectable on the menu bar on top of screen.

Any Ideas?

Device Info:

DVD-R/RW DL

TSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L
IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02\4&11E19986&0&0.0.0
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
IDE\TSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________
TSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
GenCdRom

DVD-ROM

TSSTCORP_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A
IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00\4&11E19986&0&1.0.0
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
IDE\TSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________
TSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
GenCdRom

Thats all the info that Windows device manager gives me :)

It doesnt have any device or vendor IDs that I can find :( unless it is 411E199860

Any idea why they say IDE when they are drives that are SATA from the factory (no adapters)?

Thanks!

Currently SATA DVD writers do not work on Nforce chipsets. IDE will but SATA will get you read only. Until Medevil releases an updated version add this you are out of luck.

It will be released once I have time to test a few more things out on my AMD machine. I will then contact some people via pm to see if they can download and give it a try. I will not be updating it again until I have enough of a reason to do so.

Here is a list for this release:

New AHCI kexts for support of more than 2 AHCI drives, this works during install also. Should help people that can't disable AHCI in the BIOS.

Updated chipset drivers, fixed an issue with Silicon Image chipsets. Added support for SAS, improved support(maybe) for ATI SBXXX chipsets.

Added an auto detect feature for AMD systems(Hopefully it works for everyone) no longer need to remember to check this off during install.

Added options for ACPIPlatform(1.0.3 & 1.2.1) default install will be 1.1.0

Added option for various AppleSMBIOS with speed hardcoded, default install is Netkas improved version.

Rebuilt the filesystem from scratch, less packages to install = faster install. Almost all updates are included.

Fixed an issue with translate for PPC emulation on AMD machines, now PPC applications should work again.

Added my About this Mac to install options, will set your CPU info in the About this mac window during install.

Updated all Nvidia drivers to latest MacPro kext's, added all Device ID's I could find, no trailing part(0xffffffff) to cause issues on Nforce chipsets.

Added NVinject choices for version 1.0.3, 0.2.0 and 0.2.1.

Added lots of LAN/WLAN drivers by request. Kydas-USB WLAN, RTL8187(updated so hopefully works), Forcedeth-V(Recommended for Nforce users), RT2500(for WMP54G v4.0), Broadcom, and Tiger version of IO80211(needed for some WLAN cards)

Added option for power management bundle for laptops(It is not 100%, very much Beta)

Added some ATI drivers - ATI 2600PRO AGP, ATI 2600XT AGP, ATI 2600 PRO PCI-E, ATI X1400 Mobility

Updated GMA950 drivers to older AppleIntegratedFramebuffer - you should get QE/CI and resolution change with some artifacts.

Added a couple more sound drivers(don't remember which off the top of my head)

Fixed some issues with PS2 support, mostly with ACPIPlatform version 1.0.3(Should not see any more errors during install)

Added option to Remove Firewire kext's during install. Will move them to a /FireWire in case you want to replace them later(This speeds up boot time a little so if you don't use FireWire I recommend removing them during install)

Added optional 9.2.2 modified AMD kernel(Currently does not work on all AMD CPU's)

Plenty of other various tweaks and changes that I can't remember.

Could you try to make it work with inspiron 1520?

My Dell Inspiron 1520 gets stuck trying to boot the install DVD.

This is the last thing I see with every kernel option (Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv2 10.5.2)

-------------------------

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

[]

---------------------------------------------

uses GM 965, nVidia 8600M, Core2Duo, 4GB RAM.

iATKOSv2 10.5.1 boots up but it's only 10.5.1

Entrar the chipset is ICH7, so the drives should be seen. What problems do you have when you try to install?

mobo= http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...333-D667%20R2.0 .

Have tried with Leo4All v2.

-First, it only starts the instalation with cpus=1. If not, it continusly reboots before loading. Those this mean that it will only run with one core at the instalation and after been instaled? (kind of frustrating).

- The it calls my atention a yellow line saying "Failed to load extension org.tgwdb.driver.ACPIPS"Nun."

-Then after it finishes install, it reboots and the second atached screen stays for ever (no HD light activity)

Similar problems were find at Iatkos and Kalyway.

Sorry my writen english

Entrar

post-213568-1208132468_thumb.jpg

post-213568-1208132581_thumb.jpg

mobo= http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...333-D667%20R2.0 .

Have tried with Leo4All v2.

-First, it only starts the instalation with cpus=1. If not, it continusly reboots before loading. Those this mean that it will only run with one core at the instalation and after been instaled? (kind of frustrating).

- The it calls my atention a yellow line saying "Failed to load extension org.tgwdb.driver.ACPIPS"Nun."

-Then after it finishes install, it reboots and the second atached screen stays for ever (no HD light activity)

Similar problems were find at Iatkos and Kalyway.

Sorry my writen english

Entrar

As far as I know you will have to boot with cpus=1 all the time, unless you modify your BIOS.

It will be released once I have time to test a few more things out on my AMD machine. I will then contact some people via pm to see if they can download and give it a try. I will not be updating it again until I have enough of a reason to do so.

Here is a list for this release:

(....)

Added some ATI drivers - ATI 2600PRO AGP, ATI 2600XT AGP, ATI 2600 PRO PCI-E, ATI X1400 Mobility

(....)

Plenty of other various tweaks and changes that I can't remember.

Please could you revise what happened to x1600? This is the first time in OSX since I got this card (specially to use MACOS) I can't get CI & QE OOB. I usualy got those without any kexts installed.

Thanks in advance.

damn so far ive had more luck with this release then any!

but still... i was able to install it 100% and then when i reboot, i go to select the drive to boot from, it loads darwin and whatnot. and at the end says wating for root device.

i usually get waiting for root device while loading up the DVD now i get it after its 100% installed.

any ideas what i should do?

Hi Eddie, thanks for your great work on the v2 release and I have got it installed on my ASUS P5K-E/wifi with E6850. I have got everything works fine (i.e. video ATI HD3850, onboard sound AD1988B onboard wireless lan Realtek8187, onboard lan Marvell Yukon 88E8056 (after modifaction of Yukon driver). However, I have got one thing that doesn't work good: I have another lan card (Intel Pro1000 MT, 8254x) on my PCI slot, the network reports that the cable of the ethernet is not plugged in, but I have it plugged and can even got the ip address correctly, what's the problem with this?

As far as I know you will have to boot with cpus=1 all the time, unless you modify your BIOS.

Well, I can get use to it. But even that way it thosen´t work.

Is there a solution for this other two things?

Posted 2 screenshot off this 2 issues.

Thanks in advance

Hi! Eddie, first of all i want to thank you for this fantastic release. i do have a few questions about

this release. ive successfully installed this to my AMD Machine, however all my devices dont have

kext support. can you give me some advice on how to get them working.

my issues are

Graphic - Nvdia FX5500 AGP

Audio - Viachipset

Network - Viachipset

Sata - Via8237 - this one is detected during installation but after install is done, it wont initialize anymore.

Thanks

Eddie11c: Could you paste all the information about the release, when you release it? Just like Kalyway did. Or even more detail. Then People would know whats in it, wont having to read all the forum. All drivers, kexts, kernels, and third party stuff listings would be nice.

Thank You!

P.S. Put me in testers list ;-) I worked with computers for living..

I am trying to run through a couple more installs to test the last few things. I will post up a a complete list of options as well as instructions this go around to clear some confusion. Hopefully it will be ready for testing very soon.

After many requests i have setup a Donation, if you want to donate feel free to. I do this for fun, but do spend alot of time/effort and countless amounts of DVD's!

Version 2 is what you can currently download. Once I finish testing on the latest release it will be available. I will be contacting people for testing hopefully some time this week. Testing it myself on all my computers now to be sure everything "I can test" is working properly.

in the screen that says DO you already own a mac ? i click on no do not transfer my information now .. and it stays there for about a minute and then it goes again to the welcome screen and same screen again and doesnt move from that screen it restarts itself to the same Welcome Message and music .. image001qp7.jpg