Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Guest SkipLicks

Hi Eddie,

I succeed to install Leopard with Leo4All v2 on my Shuttle AMD 64, and all is working perfectly!

To skip the kernel panic on boot with AppleNForceATA I just disabled SATA controler in the BIOS (my hard drives are on IDE).

For those who has this panic, and have IDE hard drives of course, you can try this.

Thanks again :(

I have a quick question. What drivers should i use for network?

MOBO - ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

Network port on motherboard - Marvell 88E8053

Asus P5W DH Deluxe no Network LAN Driver

For any reason my Network card didn'T work with Leo4all.

After Night'S of researching I found a way to fix this:

That's the way I fixed the problem :

1. Put invisible files to visible, go to the System/Library/Extension folder and search for the IONetworkFam...kext

2. rightclick and open content...

3. got to ...kext/Contens/Plugin/ and search for the ApppleYukon.kext again rightclick to open the content

4. go to ...kext/Content/Info.plist and open it in an Texteditor

5. replace the 4364 to 4362 and the 88E8056 to 88E8053

6. save it

7. drag the appleYukon.kext and put it on the application Kext Helper b7 (shipped with leo4all in the application folder otherwise google:))

8. enter your passwort and Easy Install.

THAT'S IT !

after some seconds my Networkcard was found.

Maybe you Have to restart

Best wishes

Mike

well, best release since JAS 10.4.8 no problem, installed right away. Still needed to patch network and sound but hey im an expert at that now. I installed Vanilla....sweet!

mobo:D945GCL

gfx:7600GT Pilat

oh, wait, i installed Leo4Allv2

Ok spent some time researching PPC emulation on AMD and may have figured out a fix for the next release so programs running through translate will hopefully work again. I only have one program by default that uses it(Gumby) and now it works on my AMD(yay!). If you know another program that uses translate(PPC emulation) please let me know what it is so that I can try and test with it.

Ok just finished final install on my Intel, just need to run a few more tests with my AMD. Here is a pic from a fresh install(ignore wallpaper thats not included!). You can see from the pic the extra applications I included. All of which I do use regularly.

post-170453-1208032789_thumb.jpg

Hey eddie,

I truly appreciate your work on this, and you should be commended! Silly question for you... I have leo4allv2 running on my Intel desktop and it runs perfect w/ everything working. Question is, I have a laptop that has a ATI x600 Mobility in it and I have searched the forum, but is there a way to get the video working w/ QE & CI? Maybe like an older modified kext or something? I would like to see it work (to be portable), but if not, no problem. Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Willy

Hey Eddie11c. I love your work so much man. When are you going to release Leo4allv3? anytime soon?Also, can you integrate wifi drivers in the package as well? You see, I'm having trouble setting it up and if you can integrate it within your release, that'd be AWESOME. Thank again.

Hi, eddie and All, trying to set up time machine, I made a new partition in my Sata HD where Leo's boots, so the HD ended with these partitions:

Leopard

Media

Time Machine Back Up

I don't know why but when Leo tries to boot, it goes to Time Machine, so to make it boot properly I have to press F8 and select Leopard Partition.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

hi eddie could you also add this PCMCIA Drivers by Chun-Nan Drivers

and this x1000 kext file for x1400 mobility support ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip thanks!!!

EDIT:

sorry and this Generic USB 2.0 Drivers Drivers

appreciate it thanks!!!

Ok not sure these USB 2.0 works normally with latest kernel. I will probably hold off on them. I will ad the PCMCIA drivers.

Does the x1400 only require the one kext? no natit?

Hi eddie11c !

I had very bad luke with all my atempts to install osx86 on a pc specialy bought for this. Is an asrock Wolfdale 1333-D667 R2.0 http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...333-D667%20R2.0 .

Is the replacement of the asrock conroe 1333-d667 that used to be very compatible.

Do you think your next release will suport this mobo?

Thanks for the graet work in advance !!!!

Entrar

Did you use a GUID partition scheme? It defaults to one partition all the time, but I do believe there is a way of changing it. I don't know off hand though.

I have dual boot using TBoot, and installed first XP, checked Disk Utility and I have a Master Boot Record partition scheme.

I think the problem is that TBoot is seeing two OS X like formated partitions and chooses one...

Please give me a tip to start searching...

Thanks & Keep Going!

Ok not sure these USB 2.0 works normally with latest kernel. I will probably hold off on them. I will ad the PCMCIA drivers.

Does the x1400 only require the one kext? no natit?

yep only one kext, doesnt work with natit cuz its a mobility chip so no support for laptop LCDS!!, x1000 kext enables QE/CI Support, No Resolution Change with mouse tearing. i was only requesting to add usb drivers cuz kalyway new dvd has that and it works great!!!

eddie11c

Hi I am using 2 Samsung SATA optical drives in Leopard.

I have 2 drives, one DVD/RW and one DVD-ROM.

I have no burning support with any application (iTunes, Disk Utility)

It DOES see the one drive as a burner just fails when I attempt to burn a disk.

Using nForce Test kext. LeoV2

Drives not recognized on old nForce kext.

Only the burner shows as ejectable on the menu bar on top of screen.

Any Ideas?

Device Info:

DVD-R/RW DL

TSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L
IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02\4&11E19986&0&0.0.0
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
IDE\TSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________
TSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S183L_______________SB02
GenCdRom

DVD-ROM

TSSTCORP_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A
IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00\4&11E19986&0&1.0.0
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
IDE\TSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________
TSSTcorp_DVD-ROM_SH-D163A_______________SB00
GenCdRom

Thats all the info that Windows device manager gives me :P

It doesnt have any device or vendor IDs that I can find :( unless it is 411E199860

Any idea why they say IDE when they are drives that are SATA from the factory (no adapters)?

Thanks!

fdisk the Leopard partition active again, perhaps something messed it up. The active partition of the drive should be the default to boot with MBR.

Thanks eddie!! That was the problem.

Now it'll be wonderful if you can help me solving the booting issues like:

Calibration Failed

We're going backwards

Are they related to booting from JMicrom, because I connected the HD to the other SATA with the same results...

Thanks in advance & Best Regards

Hi eddie,

I tried NForceTest but still it is stuck with the still waiting for root device.

exactly what i get is ,

AppleNForce ATA : phy connection failed status = 0xe7229f83

AppleNForce ATA : phy connection failed status = 0x00000000

still waiting for root device......

I even get the above error when installing but still i get to the install page and installs successfully..

Any suggestions

I know mine wouldn't boot when the usb 2.0 legacy and usb controller where enabled in the bios. I unenabled and it works.

Asus A8n-e mobo.

nforce 4