GeForce 9600 GT

Cowboy Mike

257 posts in this topic

My Asus EN9600GT works in 10.5.6 with nothing but an EFI string.

I installed iDeneb 1.3, used the upgrader to hit 10.5.6, added a custom EFI string and it's brilliant. Working at all resolutions with dual monitors, QE, CI, etc.

I installed iDeneb 1.3, used the upgrader to hit 10.5.6, added a custom EFI string and it's brilliant. Working at all resolutions with dual monitors, QE, CI, etc.

how do you added custom EFI ??

• 1 month later...
Yay!! Finally got mine working with QE/CI.

1. fresh install iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (custom checked appropriate options for my hardware. but no graphics driver selected.)

2. reboot -x (as in Safe Mode)

3. install aqua-mac's package

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

4. reboot

5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3 and CHOOSE Custom Install. Check the box with the correct memory size for your card. Example mine is 512MB, so I checked that one. (Thanks nz_mitch)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125106

(Link is to NVDarwin posting. It's got new 1.2.4 release. I haven't used it, but people have reported that it works in place of NVDarwin 1.2.3 using the steps here minus the memory size choosing.)

6. reboot

I wasted 2 days trying to do this originally using my old 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 upgrade and doing MBP kext tranfer, the Boot.plist modifying using gfxutil & osx86 tools, etc. Oh well, but at least it works now.

Many thanks goes out to iDeneb people, aqua-mac for the 9000 series package, NVDarwin people, and those of you who posted the steps above.

Cheers!

NOTE: iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 users. You will get this error when installing certain software down the line. "<Stand><Stand><CarbonLib><>" Go here for the simple and easy fix.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132410

Thank you! Your steps worked like a charm!

• 1 month later...

hey guys i need some help.

I'm using a XFX 9600 gt 512 mb.

It should work using vanilla 10.5.6 kexts along with GFX EFI strings.

I've inserted the strings, but still get no hardware acceleration in core image, or QE support.

Any thoughts on what may be causing the problem?

I've tried editing the info.plist in the NV... kexts but it still wouldn't enable CI/QE

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well no one answered me but I took a chance with that card and sure enough, it works fine! CI/QE fully supported. I love this card! Fanless kicks ass!

I might write up a guide on it later on when I have some spare time. One thing though is that I'm experiencing what the guy in post #172 is experiencing...a blue screen on resolution change but a reboot will resolve it. Also my machine, after cold boot, has a blue screen as well but once again, if I reboot the machine, its fine. Weird but it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've managed to run Gainward Nvidia GeForce 9600 gt 512M

9600gt.jpg

There is hardware acceleration (przyspieszenie sprzetowe), "obslugiwany" means "supported". But even with hardware acceleration it works wery slowly. Even expose chokes, growl kills my cpu. GF 7600GS was working better. Also I can't change resolution just like that. When I do it screen goes blue and have to restart to get new resolution.

So basicly it sucks :-)

Oh! This is ideneb 1.3 (10.5.5) upgraded to 10.5.7, default drivers with EFI string does the job

help mac 10.5.7

9600M GT:

Chipset Model: 9600M GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0649

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 9600M GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need some help from you guys, I did my install with a Retail DVD and Chameleon RC1 Installed, spent a day and got everything working even Time Machine! But I have this problem here, I got my 9600GT up and running with the XDarwin nVidia Install pkg it recognized the card with QE and CI supported!!! (Cool!!) But the bad news is, it recognized my 1GB 9600GT with 512MB only, How can I get over this? I have been searching the and found some articles recommended to use efi string to edit it, but I have no idea how it works! Is that the only way? Can someone help out??

Well no one answered me but I took a chance with that card and sure enough, it works fine! CI/QE fully supported. I love this card! Fanless kicks ass!

I might write up a guide on it later on when I have some spare time. One thing though is that I'm experiencing what the guy in post #172 is experiencing...a blue screen on resolution change but a reboot will resolve it. Also my machine, after cold boot, has a blue screen as well but once again, if I reboot the machine, its fine. Weird but it works.

GV-N96TSL-512I

hi, i want to buy this card too for an osx install.

I need dual screen (one DVI, one HDMI), and i need sleep

Do you have this features ????

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i need help.

I`m using Mac OSX 10.5.6 Lepard Retail 9G66, and just installed 10.5.7 update.

My graphic card is Gainward Bliss 9600 GT

I have 2 monitors, and both are working fine (Full resolutions 1920x1080)

System is working very nice, but here is the problem:

My graphc card do not working properly, here are the screens:

123%20copy.jpg

and after adding efi stings with osx86 tools.

grafika%20copy.jpg

As you can see my chipset is not recognized, and quartz extreme is not suported....

Does anyone know what i need to do more?

I`ve used test from OpenGL extensions Viewer, and passed all of them.

Thx in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you share that string with us???