GeForce 9600 GT

Cowboy Mike

257 posts in this topic

My understanding is you'll need 10.5.5 as a minimum.

Will this work on 10.4.11?

I can extract the files from the NVidia 9000 package with pacifist, but have no idea where to install them. Then I don't know if the NVdarwin will even work. But I have hope.

I can hereby confirm that it's possible to use the 9600GT in a SLI setup (though OSX isn't ready for sli I do get 3d acceleration) so it's possible to reboot to vista to use sli and to boot to OSX without having to unplug the other GPU!

I used the method described earlier in this thread (see my profile).

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1dm3.png

Thanks goes out to this community!

Cheers, dafart

• 4 weeks later...
Yay!! Finally got mine working with QE/CI.

1. fresh install iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (custom checked appropriate options for my hardware. but no graphics driver selected.)

2. reboot -x (as in Safe Mode)

3. install aqua-mac's package

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

4. reboot

5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3 and CHOOSE Custom Install. Check the box with the correct memory size for your card. Example mine is 512MB, so I checked that one. (Thanks nz_mitch)

http://www.mediafire.com/?iltt3ezn1uh

6. reboot

I wasted 2 days trying to do this originally using my old 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 upgrade and doing MBP kext tranfer, the Boot.plist modifying using gfxutil & osx86 tools, etc. Oh well, but at least it works now.

Many thanks goes out to iDeneb people, aqua-mac for the 9000 series package, NVDarwin people, and those of you who posted the steps above.

Cheers!

NOTE: iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 users. You will get this error when installing certain software down the line. "<Stand><Stand><CarbonLib><>" Go here for the simple and easy fix.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132410

Man, i love you! Thanks to you, i have fully working 10.5.5 now! :* :*

idenebhm9.th.png

The only thing is that i've used NVDarwin 1.2.4 and didn't get any VRAM choise if using "CUSTOM" from the list, and now it's saying my VRAM is 320, and not 512 :/ (But i can live with that ;p)

I got it working on mine using Kalyway - working on getting the 10.5.5 working (can only boot in safe mode right now)

Dual screen works. Unsure about QE/CI because of being in Safe boot.

<edit> Completely works w/ Kalyway and in fact installing the drivers for the 9600GT fixed the problems I was having booting 10.5.5 </edit>

I got it working on mine using Kalyway - working on getting the 10.5.5 working (can only boot in safe mode right now)

Dual screen works. Unsure about QE/CI because of being in Safe boot.

<edit> Completely works w/ Kalyway and in fact installing the drivers for the 9600GT fixed the problems I was having booting 10.5.5 </edit>

And is dual screen still possible after installing the drivers and not booting in safe mode ?

Does anyone know in what file the PCI latency for the 9600GT is set?

Mine is working perfectly, except that I think its hogging the bus, I'm getting glitches in the firewire audio.

I'm asking here in the hope that someone who understands the 9600 drivers will see it and answer...

is there somewhere to set PCI latency overall for each device on the bus?

I have a 9600GT (eVGA) and a GA-EP35C-DS3R (Q6600 & 4 gigs of RAM) that I am trying to install on, it seems to kernel panic with the 9600 installed. I have tried "-x" and "-s" at boot prompt to try to get in and try some of these solutions. Am i missing something besides changing out the card before a fresh install? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

P.S. - tying with the new iATKOS 5i 10.5.5

I have a 9600GT (eVGA) and a GA-EP35C-DS3R (Q6600 & 4 gigs of RAM) that I am trying to install on, it seems to kernel panic with the 9600 installed. I have tried "-x" and "-s" at boot prompt to try to get in and try some of these solutions. Am i missing something besides changing out the card before a fresh install? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

P.S. - tying with the new iATKOS 5i 10.5.5

• Try reinstalling osx with iDeneb 1.3 ( my method works only on a frsh install )

• Dont chose any graphical drivers while installing

• Boot with -x ( or there will be panic)

• reboot

• use nvdarwin to set up your gfx card size

• reboot

• change resolution & ejoy QE & Ci ;)

You don't need 1.2.3, others tried successfully with 1.2.4 and I myself can confirm that 1.2.5 is working. Here is how i did:

1. Since I was inserting this card to an already functional pc i booted up in single user mode (-s) and deleted Natit.kext and Extensions.mkext

2. Booted up in fail safe graphics mode (-x)

3. Installed aqua-mac's package from here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

4. Reboot (no special i.e. not -x or -s)

5. Installed NVdarwin 1.2.5

6. Normal reboot and now full qe/ci works :)

This was on a iATKOS_5i Leopard 10.5.5 computer and with a ASUS EN9600GT SILENT graphics-card.

//Lusse (sorry for bad English)

did the 10.5.6 update do anything as far as adding native 9600GT support (G94)?

Everything seems to work well after the update, EXCEPT resolution switching... it's wierd, I go into display preferences, and change to a different resolution, then the screen goes black, then blue, but nothing after that. If I force the machine to restart, it comes back with the new resolution... Any ideas what's going on here?

So...I'm planning on buying the MSI 9600 GT for my Hackintosh. I also am using a modified boot 132 for my mobo then doing a retail 10.5.4 9E25 install. Will the card even work when I start it up? I plan on going straight to 10.5.6 once I get things going smoothly. Does this sound like a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...