GeForce 9600 GT

Cowboy Mike

257 posts in this topic

Got a 9600 Gt to i'm still waiting for the drivers for over 4 month now :) hope they come out soon... :D

Rest of my hardware works fine. (used leo4all).

my comp

Case: cooler master 690

Mbord: Asus p5ne-sli

Cpu: Intel E6550

Gpu: Nvidia 9600 gt (second one is comming soon) :)

Hd: Maxtor sata2 250Gb

Hd: WD extern (usb) 250 Gb

Dvd: LG sata dvd burner

Well, it partially works but you cannot use any graphical programs because Quartz Extreme is missing. Basically, with the way it works now it does not allow you to do many things. Simply you have to wait till Snow Leopard comes out so it supports the G94 nvidia build.

• 2 weeks later...
hi ogawa...and all the others out there who want to change the resolution...

You have to add the following key and string to "Boot.plist":

-Open a "Terminal" window and type :

sudo -s

than type "your admin password" hit enter

-Type:

vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Press "i" and add:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x1200x32</string>

Press "Escape"

-Type:

:wq

-Type:

reboot

--------------

ok now it should work....

thanks to helios :(

You mate are a star, im now playing with leopard at 1680x1050 instead of 1024x768, all we need now is some hardware Acceleration and im good to go.

Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I waited and waited and decided to take advantage of my evga "90 step-up program" as the final days were approaching. I decided to step my 9600GT up to the 9800 GX2. Wicked card, and even more so that it's going to work with my Leopard osx86 install :rolleyes:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110366

Just for clarification my current iDeneb 10.5.4 install was working no problem with 'generic' drivers obviously, as some seem to think that if you have this card (9600GT) that you won't get video working at all with Leopard. Not true, you just don't get the tailored drivers so you can take advantage of more graphic hungry processes and better resolutions.

Hope the turn around is quick, can't wait to see how the machine runs a 9800 GX2. On a side note, just found out from evga they don't ship the card until they receive mine first, another problem I have to solve now as I have no alternative card!?!? I've RMA'd with other companies before and most will accomodate you getting the merchandise first as long as they charge you the FULL amount for the product and then refund it once they get yours.

way to go evga ^_^

Wish that were an option for me. I bought mine a few months ago, with no intentions of ever making it a hack (I owned a Macbook, which was my portable, and the powerful desktop was fine as Vista). But now that I've traded the Macbook for a Dell Studio 15 (which, also lacks graphics, sound and wifi drivers for OSX), leaving with me with no mac, and I'm having withdrawals. I need to find a help group or something.

Wish that were an option for me. I bought mine a few months ago, with no intentions of ever making it a hack (I owned a Macbook, which was my portable, and the powerful desktop was fine as Vista). But now that I've traded the Macbook for a Dell Studio 15 (which, also lacks graphics, sound and wifi drivers for OSX), leaving with me with no mac, and I'm having withdrawals. I need to find a help group or something.

Not sure how long ago you bought your 9600 GT, but I had surpassed my 90 day step up, but to my surprise, when I logged into my evga profile on their site, they were offering a promotional 120 step up availability to a 9800 GX2 only, so I hopped on it. If you're still within 120 days, log on and check if that is an option for you.

As for me, still trying to find a damn temporary card for my machine so I can send this one off to them. ;)