GeForce 9600 GT

Cowboy Mike

257 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wrestling with Kalway for many hours... Everything is fine (except that it crashes when I shutdown) and when I try to install the nvidinject (or whatever it's called), installing only the 512mb version, I can't boot up (even in safe mode) and I get the screen that says to shutdown the computer. Any ideas? I really don't want to reinstall everything again.

go to the darwin bootloader, hit F8 to or return to enter some options.

enter -s hit return,

that takes you to single user mode

then follow the instructions:

I believe its: /sbin/mount -uw /

then go remove nvinject from command line, and remove your extensions caches.

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -r nvinject.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.*

reboot

now it'll boot back up in 1024x768 mode.

I just got a 9600gt in my new Q6600 machine...will have to try the above method. So far my NIC on my ASUS P5K-E works and sound I still have yet to get working, sata works sees my ram, and the EFI bootloader emulation works as well.

can you please try those kexts http://rapidshare.com/files/103256449/9d10.zip.html ? Don't bother with the OpenGL.Framework, it's corrupted but at least if it works you'll have resolution change / framebuffer working for sure.

If it works then we'll see for QE/CI. Make sure you added your product id/vendor id in the nvdanv50hal.kext as netkas says in his post.

can you please try those kexts http://rapidshare.com/files/103256449/9d10.zip.html ? Don't bother with the OpenGL.Framework, it's corrupted but at least if it works you'll have resolution change / framebuffer working for sure.

If it works then we'll see for QE/CI. Make sure you added your product id/vendor id in the nvdanv50hal.kext as netkas says in his post.

Hi,

I copied all the files in the zip into /System/Library/Extensions (minus OpenGL.Framework items).

I used xcode plist editor and added dev id to plist file for nvdanv50hal.kext. (my dev id is 0x0622)

The system boots alright.

But when I open up the system preferences to change the display resolution, it only has 1024x768 resolution option.

When I go to about this mac and click on the Graphic/Display, I get the "Please reset.." screen.

I have Vanilla kernel 9.2.2 and EFI v8 btw. I'm not 100% sure if EFI v8 installed properly because I don't know how to check.

FYI - I haven't installed the graphic update for leopard 10.5.2.

I can provide more details if needed.

I can try other things out if you like, with directions.

Cheers.

I bought the Sparkle 9600GT yesterday and din't get it working on my Kalyway 10.5.1 w/o Vanilla. So I installed it today again, this time with support for the Nvidia engine from Kalyways installer DVD (for the 5k, 6k and 7k series). But it won't work. Booting up until the process freeze and that't it.

So I change back to my x1600 pro everytime I need to use OSX. :)