Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

hehe, but it don´t work :D:D

How do you get the S-ATA HDD to work ?

There are no jumpers.... that can´t be the problem ^^

Where is the "HDD S.M.A.R.T." Option ? i cant find it in my Bios ^^

hmm.... :(:)

More information is needed on just how the SATA HDD is not working!........is it picked up by Disk Utility........how is it partitioned and formatted.......and what are your SATA BIOS settings etc.....?

For your MOBO

CPU: Intel Quad 6600+

Mainboard: Abit IN9 32X-MAX WI-FI (Nforce 680i-Chipset)

Nvidia 8800GT

Realtek ALC888DD 7.1 HD Audio Codec

2x Realtek RTL88E1118 PHY LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s

I believe you have

nVidia MCP55PXE: 6 x SATA 3Gb/s supports nVidia MediaShield RAID with SATA RAID 0/1/0+1/5 and JBOD

Silicon Image Sil3132: Support 2 ports eSATA

What are your settings on these BIOS screens, are you saying you could not see SMART or S.M.A.R.T. on any of the screens in the BIOS.......I ask because this is not my MOBO but I have it as a BIOS option.....

post-200327-1218744752_thumb.jpg

post-200327-1218744776_thumb.jpg

I am using a Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 disc to try and install, i've got it to boot it goes and a bunch of stuff scrolling down and then bam it goes to a screen with some writing and i notice this:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF0: unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\."lm@ /volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-122s/iokit/kernel/IoPlatformExpert.ccp1376"

and it'll just stay on that screen, i've already tried boot with -v, cpus=1 -v, -f options

Right, this is my mainboard ! Exactly this bios :D

Silicon Image Sil3132

1. Put new HDD S-ATA in PC

2. BIOS - Start with DVD-Rom

3. All Options leave as always (last time - with IDE HDD - it works great !)

4. Install and Partition like fast time...

--> Partition by Disk Utility! as "Master Boot Device".

-->Partition formated as "Mac OS Extended Journaled"

at the moment i´m trying "GUID" :)

Settings like:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32274

Restart with this Problem :-(

Western Digital WD2500YS-01SHB1

Hard Disk is fully in the BIOS and MAC OS X Installer....

Right, this is my mainboard ! Exactly this bios :D

Silicon Image Sil3132

1. Put new HDD S-ATA in PC

2. BIOS - Start with DVD-Rom

3. All Options leave as always (last time - with IDE HDD - it works great !)

4. Install and Partition like fast time...

--> Partition by Disk Utility! as "Master Boot Device".

-->Partition formated as "Mac OS Extended Journaled"

at the moment i´m trying "GUID" :)

Settings like:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=32274

Restart with this Problem :-(

Western Digital WD2500YS-01SHB1

Hard Disk is fully in the BIOS and MAC OS X Installer....

BTW suggest you select to Remove Thermal kexts....AND have you checked that the BIOS settings that worked for IDE are still suitable for SATA too.....

I am using a Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 disc to try and install, i've got it to boot it goes and a bunch of stuff scrolling down and then bam it goes to a screen with some writing and i notice this:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF0: unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\."lm@ /volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-122s/iokit/kernel/IoPlatformExpert.ccp1376"

and it'll just stay on that screen, i've already tried boot with -v, cpus=1 -v, -f options

You have an AMD CPU.....this thread is focussed on Intel CPU + nForce chipset MOBOs....

yes, checked the bios-setup in bios.

Must be right, because the installation works and in bios i can see the HDD :)

Now i´m trying with removing Thermal kexts :P

Edit: Same again: "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

I will upload pics from the bios ...

bios1gs2.jpg

bios2iv8.jpg

bios3gp1.jpg

bios4gf3.jpg

Maybe something is total wrong ?

on board sata mode is set to ide... didnt we tell u to set it AHCI?

Hence my not replying......... :)

There is only IDE or RAID !!!

Waahh, im going crazy... I always have hardware problems :-(

stupid Abit Board :-(

Not all BIOSs on MOBOs are the same......perhaps obvious comment but worth noting..... so a MOBO SATA controller chipset/BIOS combo may have these three modes of operation (OR may not have all three):

IDE mode setting : no AHCI and no RAID function

SATA mode setting : no RAID function but AHCI function (so sometimes SATA mode may be called AHCI mode)

RAID mode : both AHCI function and RAID function

so I suggest you try setting the onboard SATA control mode to RAID and see what happens.....

i have the newest bios on my mainboard.

I managed it to install 10.5.1. with the guide on first page...

OS X works perfekt, without graphics.... restart after install mouse with logitech driver (works on 10.5.4 on my IDE HDD)

Restart ---> BOOT DISK FAILD... INSERT.... !

It sooo stupid :)

Now im trying once again iATKOS v4i ... noone knows what to do ;)

i have the newest bios on my mainboard.

I managed it to install 10.5.1. with the guide on first page...

OS X works perfekt, without graphics.... restart after install mouse with logitech driver (works on 10.5.4 on my IDE HDD)

Restart ---> BOOT DISK FAILD... INSERT.... !

It sooo stupid :)

Now im trying once again iATKOS v4i ... noone knows what to do ;)

first it is not people that have to know your issue... there are thousands of configs... and it requires particular experience on that same system, even in the same system, components are different, and causes unusual problems... sometimes, everything is ok, hdd doesnt like bootloader... sometimes another device have different firmware originaly than later versions of the same model... what we are trying to do is help... if you complain like noone knows what to do, people cant probably wont help you...

second, is that from one version to another version of osx, there are driver updates and when you update, your patched drivers being replaced with newer (non-patched) original apple drivers, which is one of the main cause of troubles! knowing you joined the forum very very recently (a week?) you just lacking the experience and knowledge to understand what is actually hapening in the background...

you and most other newbies, usually want an easy/quick answer to their problems, and when they dont get it as expected, they get frustrated... for example, I myself waited for months until a solution to arrive for cpus=1 issue and some other things like booting of from my ati 2900 card... i figured out some parts myself, trying efi, non efi, kernel versions, etc, and finaly after 2-3 months, a solution was found by accident, trial error by another member...

so with your one week experience, it is not hard to imagine your frustration, but dont talk like noone knows what to do.... noone has a duty to know what to do with your system anyway? we are here to help... I can suggest you that if you can install 10.5.1, try my update package for 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 after that... and you may still have 10.5.4... but warning you that some of the drivers may be replaced so, it is your duty to know which drivers are being used! which hardware and config you have... also know that, your working drivers (kexts) will be backed up twice! with 10.5.3 (combo update=means, you can update any previous version to 10.5.3!), under backupkext and 10.5.4 (delta=means only previous version can be updated, in this case 10.5.3) under backupkextsdelta...

Last but not least, do not blame anyone who is trying to help for anything even if it causes some unwanted results... because people are trying to help, and it is your duty to learn and understand what you are doing... if it sounds too hard, i would suggest to buy more compatible mobo, or buy an original mac...

good luck...

it works :)

with Kalyway 10.5.2 :) with your guide on page 1 !! Thats great :)

But i dont know why it works now... i changed nothing, just installed it around 15 times ^^

Graphics work too :)

Only the sound is my problem ! i forget to install it on the installation :)

Can i insert the Installation DVD again and select the driver for the Realtec AC97-Soundchip ?

its an Realtek ALC888DD.

hmm... big thanks for your help and great guide !!!

Sorry, i dont want to blame anyone :(

Its really nice here in this forum !

There are so much people who helped me and thats great !

Once again, thank you all und thanks for the people who wrote PNs !

it works :)

with Kalyway 10.5.2 :) with your guide on page 1 !! Thats great :)

But i dont know why it works now... i changed nothing, just installed it around 15 times ^^

Graphics work too :)

Only the sound is my problem ! i forget to install it on the installation :)

Can i insert the Installation DVD again and select the driver for the Realtec AC97-Soundchip ?

its an Realtek ALC888DD.

hmm... big thanks for your help and great guide !!!

Sorry, i dont want to blame anyone :rolleyes:

Its really nice here in this forum !

There are so much people who helped me and thats great !

Once again, thank you all und thanks for the people who wrote PNs !

You can insert any kext file using Kext Helper b7 or OSx86Tools.....and an ALC888 audio driver installer is available here.....as Tarug'a site is offline again.... :(

BTW have you installed OS X on your IDE hard drive or on your new SATA hard drive?..... :)

Hi!

I am new in the forum and Mac Os.

I tried to install the Mac osX in an IDE HDD I have.

The disk volume is 80Gb and it was formated.

I did as the instructions in this thread say but I

had a problem after the reboot.

The screen message said to press "enter" or "-v" or "?" but

regardless of my entries nothing happened.

What might be the problem?

It looks like the commands don't work.

@haxi

thanks for your tipps ! It works great with sound ;)

I installed it on my new S-ATA ;)

I tested it with XBench.... First HDD-Write-Bench says "93mb per Sec" :D

I think thats really great and fast for a non-RAID System ?! :)

Overall Score is around 170 Points. Leopard runs great !

Hope the ASUS Wi-Fi Card will come tomorrow :D

It should work out of box... i will hope :D

Dualboot with Windows XP works great too.

Now i try to install it on our second pc-system... with the nvidia 8600 GT Graphic-card...

Installed Leopard via kalyway 10.5.2. but the nvidia card isn´t so easy as on my system :blink:

At the Moment i´m spraying my chieftec tower in white and mod the frontpanel with a lighted "Apple" ^^

If it is finished, i will post some pics :D

@haxi

thanks for your tipps ! It works great with sound :)

I installed it on my new S-ATA :)

I tested it with XBench.... First HDD-Write-Bench says "93mb per Sec" :D

I think thats really great and fast for a non-RAID System ?! :)

Overall Score is around 170 Points. Leopard runs great !

Hope the ASUS Wi-Fi Card will come tomorrow ^_^

It should work out of box... i will hope :D

Dualboot with Windows XP works great too.

Now i try to install it on our second pc-system... with the nvidia 8600 GT Graphic-card...

Installed Leopard via kalyway 10.5.2. but the nvidia card isn´t so easy as on my system :(

At the Moment i´m spraying my chieftec tower in white and mod the frontpanel with a lighted "Apple" ^^

If it is finished, i will post some pics :D

Glad you are up and running on SATA HDD......so is your SATA BIOS setting on IDE or RAID....?

How are you dual booting with XP?

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT GFX card running with Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4......read how I installed driver for it in my blog...... :)

Hi!

I am new in the forum and Mac Os.

I tried to install the Mac osX in an IDE HDD I have.

The disk volume is 80Gb and it was formated.

I did as the instructions in this thread say but I

had a problem after the reboot.

The screen message said to press "enter" or "-v" or "?" but

regardless of my entries nothing happened.

What might be the problem?

It looks like the commands don't work.

@ mirrage

Your MOBO is Intel chipset based NOT nForce :

1. Northbridge: Intel® P965 Express Chipset
  2. Southbridge: Intel® ICH8R
  3. Marvel 8053 Gigabit LAN Controller
  4. Gigabyte SATA 3Gb/s Controller
  5. Realtek ALC883 8 Channel Audio Codec

so what are (i) your BIOS settings for IDE (ii) your Install DVD version; Kalyway or iATKOS and which OS X version (iii) your DVDRW.....is it SATA or PATA (iv) was your install DVD burned at ≤ x4 and does it have the correct MD5 checksum?.... and (v) your Installer DVD Customize selections?

Have look at some signatures to see what information you need to give for others (that includes me) in forum to be able to help you..... :)

i)I took 2 pictures of my settings for the disk I installed MacOsX.I hope they will cover you.

img12gj0.th.jpg

img129nl3.th.jpg

ii)I used iATKOS v1.0i R3

iii)My DVD drive is PATA

iv)I burned the disk at 8 or less speed.The checksum you say has anything to do with this file iATKOS_r3.md5?

If yes then I have to say that the file is not inside the dvd I burned.

How will I put it in?

v)And last..the customize selections were the same with the ones at the first page of this thread.

i)I took 2 pictures of my settings for the disk I installed MacOsX.I hope they will cover you.

img12gj0.th.jpg

img129nl3.th.jpg

ii)I used iATKOS v1.0i R3

iii)My DVD drive is PATA

iv)I burned the disk at 8 or less speed.The checksum you say has anything to do with this file iATKOS_r3.md5?

If yes then I have to say that the file is not inside the dvd I burned.

How will I put it in?

v)And last..the customize selections were the same with the ones at the first page of this thread.

OK....first, you do not need to insert the MD5 checksum, but on another computer you need to check that your .iso file for the iATKOS v1.0i R3 installer matches 3F3D063873469A5357F392D027843C10....

Second because you have an Intel chipset MOBO you would not choose an nForce kernel but the Stock Kernel and Stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext.....don't bother to select Useful Tools and don't make any selections under Kernels.....

Since you are running with 4GB RAM should boot from the DVD with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v"....

Also with 4GB of RAM you should enable AHCI mode in your BIOS.....check if you have these or similar options in your BIOS.....

Onboard SATA/IDE Device [Enabled]

Onboard SATA/IDE Crtl Mode [AHCI]

Woops....

I wrote 2 X 2GB but I have 2 X 1GB DDR2 333Mhz...

Sorry!

Does this change anything of what you suggested?

How will I check that the iso file for the iATKOS v1.0i R3

installer matches 3F3D063873469A5357F392D027843C10???

You are so helpfull my friend.

Thanks a lot!

Woops....

I wrote 2 X 2GB but I have 2 X 1GB DDR2 333Mhz...

Sorry!

Does this change anything of what you suggested?

How will I check that the iso file for the iATKOS v1.0i R3

installer matches 3F3D063873469A5357F392D027843C10???

You are so helpfull my friend.

Thanks a lot!

OK.....you still need to set AHCI mode if it is an option in your BIOS and when booting from the install DVD use "cpus=1 -v" (obviously without quotes) at the Boot: prompt......

Do you have access to another computer e.g. running Windows or OS X or Linux etc.....