Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

u didnt read my note in first post i guess?

☻2 x NVIDIA GFX CARD (SLI OR SINGLE MODE DOESNT MATTER) DOES NOT WORK ON ANY CHIPSET AS OF YET... NO OFFICIAL OR PATCHED DRIVER SUPPORT AS OF YET!!! SO YOU HAVE ONE OPTION == TAKE ONE CARD OFF IF YOU WANNA RUN OSX ON THAT PC!!

it doesnt say you can put it back after installation... it says if you wanna run osx, you have to sacrifise one of the nvidia cards... 2x nvidia in sli or single mode doesnt matter, causes kernel panic!

also stick with kalyway!, iatkos will cause trouble later in updates... bcoz of non-standard package name usage...

for the updates check this topic

can i also ask that when i try to run final cut pro. it asks me for a AGP graphics card and a processor with a minimum of 433 GHZ (something like that) but i allreday installed my GFX card and i updated it with the right memory

can i also ask that when i try to run final cut pro. it asks me for a AGP graphics card and a processor with a minimum of 433 GHZ (something like that) but i allreday installed my GFX card and i updated it with the right memory

fcp issue may be related to smbios... try the netkas version and if it doesnt work try the mac.nub version... else i dont know, bcoz i dont use that program...

>>Progress Report<<

NIC: <WORKING> (Posting from the hackintosh right now, using a Realtek 8169 NIC :) )

USB: <WORKING> (It was indeed caused by a kernel mismatch... Fixed by installing the IOUSBFamily kext from a few days back as per Mysticus' instructions...)

As a side note... I have an IOGEAR PCI usb card installed with an internal USB port that I plugged a FDD-bay mount USB2.0 reader into that was working pre-fix, for memory cards, although not for the USB HDD hard drive, and now it doesn't work at all... It never worked with the USB hard drive, but my USB 2.0 card reader showed up in system profiler and it worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. If I plug my keyboard or mouse into it I get nothing. If I plug the USB HDD into it the light comes on but nothing happens. It's not the end of the world because I would rather have USB hdds working, but it's something I hope to fix eventually.

I still haven't had time to play with the ram speed(1066), but I did get my processor displaying right...

post-277152-1220426905_thumb.png

As you can see it's still only clocked to 2.4, but I think I am going to follow your example haxi and bump it up to 3.0... I have a 110mm zalman heatsink on it, and the airflow in my case is good so cooling shouldn't be an issue...

Haven't had time to try MeDevil's sata fix, but that comes next. I want to get this thing reading and writing cds/dvds without getting a pata drive if I can help it...

Other notes: It doesn't restart when I try to restart it and it takes a while (approx. 30 seconds) to finally turn off after I select shut-down, confirm, and the screen goes black. I'm guessing that there is nothing that can be done about the restart thing... which isn't a big deal.

All in all it's running great. Thanks again for all the help :)

>>Progress Report<<

NIC: <WORKING> (Posting from the hackintosh right now, using a Realtek 8169 NIC :D )

USB: <WORKING> (It was indeed caused by a kernel mismatch... Fixed by installing the IOUSBFamily kext from a few days back as per Mysticus' instructions...)

As a side note... I have an IOGEAR PCI usb card installed with an internal USB port that I plugged a FDD-bay mount USB2.0 reader into that was working pre-fix, for memory cards, although not for the USB HDD hard drive, and now it doesn't work at all... It never worked with the USB hard drive, but my USB 2.0 card reader showed up in system profiler and it worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. If I plug my keyboard or mouse into it I get nothing. If I plug the USB HDD into it the light comes on but nothing happens. It's not the end of the world because I would rather have USB hdds working, but it's something I hope to fix eventually.

I still haven't had time to play with the ram speed(1066), but I did get my processor displaying right...

post-277152-1220426905_thumb.png

As you can see it's still only clocked to 2.4, but I think I am going to follow your example haxi and bump it up to 3.0... I have a 110mm zalman heatsink on it, and the airflow in my case is good so cooling shouldn't be an issue...

Haven't had time to try MeDevil's sata fix, but that comes next. I want to get this thing reading and writing cds/dvds without getting a pata drive if I can help it...

Other notes: It doesn't restart when I try to restart it and it takes a while (approx. 30 seconds) to finally turn off after I select shut-down, confirm, and the screen goes black. I'm guessing that there is nothing that can be done about the restart thing... which isn't a big deal.

All in all it's running great. Thanks again for all the help :)

You needed some reward for your hassles with it.......enjoy........ :)

Some have had problems with USB flash memory card readers.....

Re startup/shutdown issues, are you using the 9.2.0 Sleep kernel or another kernel?......

vsi: your usb issue description is wrong... I guess many people keep getting confused...

OK here is the situation!

Issue 1: USB 2.0 Controller is not recognized... (To confirm the issue check System Profiler's USB section, High Speed Bus should be missing!)

Cause 1: This is a bios issue and the way apple reads usb controller from bios... As a result, USB2.0 Controller ownership cannot be taken from bios

Fix 1: Fixing this involves installing a pcgenusb patch force-take ownership from bios...

How the fix is Done: This is done through patching the source in IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext... by adding force lines into it... Currently there are two fixes for this for Leo. a-) Earlier version of AppleUSBEHCI.kext is patched and name is replaced with PGENUSBEHCI.kext (meaning you should see PCGENUSBEHCI instead of AppleUSBEHCI, inside plugins folder of IOUSBFamily) b-) Latest ?? version of AppleUSBEHCI is patched but name is unchanged! So it should look as original... If you have Both PCGENUSBEHCI and AppleUSBEHCI in the plugins, it means you are doing something wrong... One must go depending on which patched you are using... My suggestion is that if both there, remove appleusbehci, or completely replace iousbfamily with the one i ve given to you in a link before...

Issue 2: USB Devices Do not mount... (To confirm the issue, you have to check both kernel version, and system.kext versions, if they are not same, you have the issue)

Cause 2: This issue is related to system files compatibility with eachother for security, performance and stability reasons.. As said, mistmatched kernel and system.kext is the cause.

Fix 2: Fixing this is very easy, use either my usb mount fix in the second post (check kernel/system.kext version correctly, and unselect iousbfamily in your case bcoz you already have usb controller issue... or you can use the 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 updaters, and use only kernel section and unselect everything else!

How the fix is Done: Fix is done very simply replacing the kernel or system.kext to correct version... my suggestion is to match system.kext to kernel version.

Both of these issues are always being confused for eachother... Very simple 2 step check is key to finding answer...

Check system profiler's USB section, if High Speed Bus is missing, your main issue is Bios related, if you are lucky, pcgenusb patch or the iousbfamily totaly patched, from the link i gave u, should fix the first step of the problem... Understand that fixing USB 2.0 Controller recognition doesnt mean you fixed the mount issue... Mount issue is not LUCK related :unsure: , second step is by checking the version of the kernel and system.kext version and replacing correct versions of files. Thats it...

I hope it is clear this time...

hey guys, I made a ppf for Jas 10.5.4 to support nforce chipsets... currently, it looks like it doesnt support it... can anyone volunteer to test and help for feedback? bcoz i dont have nforce anymore to test it...

here is the link for anyone whoever interested in helping...

note that you may waste your dvd, so no complains :)

cheers :D

EDIT: it appears that ppf worked fine for haxi :) it allows boot process to recognize nforce chipset :) (install process already has nforce install option, but boot process does not, therefore nforce owners needs this patch to be able to boot and recognize their drives) ppf patch and ppf-o-matic for mac and windows is included... nforce drivers has 64 bit problem, therefore driver will cause trouble in mac, better to use windows to apply the ppf... cheers...)

Hi Mysticus C i finaly manged to fix that problem with final cut pro. i just needed to install the newer version of the software. becuse the older version was relased before Apple made the transition to Inter Chips.

Also What kind of HD would you recomned to get that works fine with IKATOS R3 becuse my previous MAxtor IDE HD allways failed to boot after instalation.

P.S i got OSX running perfect on a small USB HD

Sorry for the incredibly slow reply, but I am still swamped with work stuff, so I haven't had nearly enough time to trouble-shoot.

In any event, I did a couple clean installs with different options selected (including PCGEN2USB on), and came to the conclusion that, I have both the usb-mount issue, AND the usb2.0 issue...

No matter what packages I install with and how I patch, my onboard usb doesn't show up as high speed usb, it just shows up as three USB buses. My PCI USB card does however showup as a high-speed bus, but all of the on-board stuff doesn't.

I also had the kernel mismatch problem.. My system.kext plist was showing 9.2.2 but typing uname -a in kernel was showing 9.2.0. I didn't actually update because to 10.5.3/4 because I am not sure exactly which ones I should be running, but I was able to fix the kernel mismatch by changing the IOUSBFamily.kext to the one which you linked a page or two back. It now mounts my USB hdd...even though my USB bus still doesn't show up as being high-speed, it copies files at blazing fast speeds, so it must be going at usb2.0... The memory card reader doesn't show up, but it works in windows so I don't really care...

The one thing which I really need to fix is that: if I allow the display to go to sleep, the computer hangs on a solid blue screen afer I wake it up... If I press certain buttons I can hear it making that "bonk" noise, so I know it isn't completely frozen, but I can't get the display to return to normal... And yeah, I can't restart it. (I am using the sleep 9.2.0 kernel.)

If you think it would help fix those problems, I will upgrade to 10.5.4. (I'll also do it just to help you test it, in return for all of your help here... it's the least I can do :P ) If someone can PM me links for jas stuff that I need to put Mysticus patch on I will much appreciate it :unsure:

vsi: i will make an installer for you to test couple of things at once... tonight hopefully...

which will include, a all in one installer for:

+ kernel+system.kext (which actually will assure to fix the usb not mount issue)...

+ usb patched iousbfamily.kext with new and older versions...

+ restart and sleep is a known issue on some non-intel systems and some intel systems as well... But on my mobo, i was able to successfully sleep and wake w/o any issues before (asus p5n32e-sli)

note: that you are using wrong terms again saying fixed the kernel mismatch with iousbfamily... iousbfamily with patched ehci driver is for usb controller issue! not the mounting fix... kernel mismatch with system.kext is fixed with correct versions of kernel or system.kext not related to iousbfamily.kext!!!

Once i make the installer tonight, I will post it here with instructions... and test steps... so you can eliminate one or both issues at the same time if you are lucky... i say lucky, bcoz USB ownership is a trouble on certain mobos and if patched ehci driver doesnt fix the problem, sorry outta luck on on board... you will neeed to use pci usb card...

cheers...

vsi: i will make an installer for you to test couple of things at once... tonight hopefully...

which will include, a all in one installer for:

+ kernel+system.kext (which actually will assure to fix the usb not mount issue)...

+ usb patched iousbfamily.kext with new and older versions...

+ restart and sleep is a known issue on some non-intel systems and some intel systems as well... But on my mobo, i was able to successfully sleep and wake w/o any issues before (asus p5n32e-sli)

note: that you are using wrong terms again saying fixed the kernel mismatch with iousbfamily... iousbfamily with patched ehci driver is for usb controller issue! not the mounting fix... kernel mismatch with system.kext is fixed with correct versions of kernel or system.kext not related to iousbfamily.kext!!!

Once i make the installer tonight, I will post it here with instructions... and test steps... so you can eliminate one or both issues at the same time if you are lucky... i say lucky, bcoz USB ownership is a trouble on certain mobos and if patched ehci driver doesnt fix the problem, sorry outta luck on on board... you will neeed to use pci usb card...

cheers...

Many thanks  Mysticus C*. If there is anything other generic nforce stuff you want me to help you test, feel free to send it my way ;)

Here is the link

if you are on 10.5.2 now?

1)

try with 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily old

if not worked?

2)

try with 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily latest

see if it works...

after every step, restart and use -v -f at boot...

check the system profiler/usb section for USB High-Speed Bus before and after the restart... to be able to compare...

also check the kernel/system.kext versions

for kernel, in terminal, type: uname -a or check system profiler/software title for kernel

for system.kext, right click on the system.kext file and show contents, double click on info.plist check for a line saying 9.2.0? or 9.2.2 or 9.4.0 make sure they match after the installations...!

Good Luck

Here is the link

if you are on 10.5.2 now?

1)

try with 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily old

if not worked?

2)

try with 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily latest

see if it works...

after every step, restart and use -v -f at boot...

check the system profiler/usb section for USB High-Speed Bus before and after the restart... to be able to compare...

also check the kernel/system.kext versions

for kernel, in terminal, type: uname -a or check system profiler/software title for kernel

for system.kext, right click on the system.kext file and show contents, double click on info.plist check for a line saying 9.2.0? or 9.2.2 or 9.4.0 make sure they match after the installations...!

Good Luck

With with 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily old:

nforce USB does not show up as high speed

systemkext plist kernel #=9.2.2 terminal kernel showing as: 9.2.0

With 9.2.0 kernel and IOUSBFamily new:

nforce USB does show up as high speed

systemkext plist kernel # and terminal kernel showing as : 9.2.0

USB=<FULLY WORKING> ;)

and this is the weird part... Restart=<WORKING>

many thanks :D

although the screen does stay blue after the display is woken up from sleep...

I will try the jas update as soon as I get it somewhere..

glad it worked finally ;) what jas update are you talking about? to update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4? you can already try my update packages if you like... i m in office rite now, but i think haxi can send u the links to my update site... :)

PM'd vis1600..... :)

vsi: make sure you understand that you need to re-apply the same patch procedure after updating to a major release... for example, 10.5.3 is major and iousbfamily will be ovewritten by the update, therefor you patch will be gone... if you update to 10.5.4 afterwards, make sure you use 9.4.0 kernel instead of 9.2.0 although nothing wrong using older version...

Thanks Mysticus/Haxi ;)

someone probably posted this for you already Mysticus, but just so you know:

2495708286_b61e59bbae.jpg

No time to update to 10.5.4 for now, but USB is working, so that's all that really matters for now... As soon as I figure out why my screen stays blue after it goes to sleep I'll put the side of the case back on and stop swapping the IDE drive in every 20 minutes... (I ordered a PATA DVD drive btw... for $20 there is really no reason not to... besides, I can copy stuff on the fly now..in windoze at least)

If you don't know what I mean when I say my display stays blue after sleep... here is a video of it... sorry for 40mbs size. It also does it if I use the button to power the display off and back on again.... If you don't know what this is, no problem, I will post in the appropriate graphics card thread. I have taken enough of your time =P

I could really use some help guys. I am trying to install OSX Kalyway on the machine spec'd below and I can't past the loading screen. Using the -v switch it reveals that it hangs at "using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers". I have searched and read everything on this that I can find and have tried everything suggested. The noacpi switch, disabling acpi in bios, ensured bios set to S3, cpus=1 is selected on the install but I tried that as well. Should I be using a different distro or am I missing something on the kexts thing? Thanks in advance for any assistance with this!

that is a bad bios problem... you need to ask kabyl about a patch or check his website to see if your mobo already has one patched firmware for bios?

this is the site:

http://osrom.net/biosmod/

the only way to install it without patching bios is using old acpi and apic... which is supplied in iatkos r3...

where do you find drivers for the Neatgear WG111v3. i ooked of thiere site and they olny have em for windows. no mac support?????????

WG111v3. uses the RTL8187B chipset, so you need to install the RTL8187 driver kext if it does not work out of the box..... :(