Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

No, you wrong

I have a Nforce MOBO with intel Quad Core 6600.

AMD is my old PC and mac work great in this.

But in my new intel Quad Core+Nforce MOBO mac no boot. See the screens in the before post.

Need yours HELP.

Sorry my mistake I misread your post..... :P I believe your Acer MOBO is nForce 630i chipset based.....? Will be online later..... :)

No, you wrong

I have a Nforce MOBO with intel Quad Core 6600.

AMD is my old PC and mac work great in this.

But in my new intel Quad Core+Nforce MOBO mac no boot. See the screens in the before post.

Need yours HELP.

your issue is most likely (99% sure) bad bios issue: system stops loading after those buffer messages...

try the r3 bad bios patch... you should be able to find a link to bad bios patch around pages 4-8 by equate... your issue looks like the bad bios issue...

some additional stuffs in the bios causing AppleACPIPlatform.kext to not load correctly... the issue can be solved using an old version (10.4.7 or 10.4.8 not very sure) of AppleACPIPlatform.kext if you know how to inject a kext into boot, use that method instead, but you still need to get taht old acpiplatform driver into installation after dvd installation done... r3 have an option to install those driver, but pure r3 doesnt, taht s why u need the bad bios patch for the r3...

but i suggest using kalyway 10.5.2 bcoz it comes with inject command as well, so all you need is to inject old appleacpiplatform.kext to boot... it will allow u to boot and install... but remember, it will allow u to install but after installation is done, you will still need to get that acpi driver into the hdd again... which should not be very hard... if you already have another osx installation handy around... just move the hdd to that another pc, or use a program to copy that file back to system....

hope it is not complicated...

also this doesnt mean that your pata/sata controller will be recognized to let you install... bcoz first step is to be able to get pass that buffer message section.... (for more info on bad bios issue go to http://osrom.net/biosmod/)

good luck

Can you give me a link for r3 bad bios patch?

only found patch for r2.

Thanks

Hi there, glad to help.....here is EqUaTe's iATKOS Patch.zip.....it includes the Bad Bios patch and all else you need to patch r3......you need to read EqUaTe's posts in this thread to understand the sequence of versions...... :)

Thanks Haxi and Mysticus

In this link http://osrom.net/biosmod i found a modbios for my nforce.

Flash it and now not got bad bios iusse :)

Glad you got it sorted so neatly....... :)

I made a post in the kalyway thread, but this one seems more relevant so I am reposting here...

My hardware is in the sig, and here are screenshots of what Kalyway and iAtkos give me respectively...

Kalyway:

post-277152-1219514408_thumb.jpg

iAtkos:

post-277152-1219514515_thumb.jpg

I was originally trying to install to a sata hdd, but I swapped in the IDE for the install (with the intention of mirroring the drive back onto a sata drive later) because that seems to create less problems... still no luck.

I also tried pulling out one stick of ram as well as typing "cpus=1 maxmem=2048" at the boot prompt, but no luck as well..

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

I made a post in the kalyway thread, but this one seems more relevant so I am reposting here...

My hardware is in the sig, and here are screenshots of what Kalyway and iAtkos give me respectively...

Kalyway:

post-277152-1219514408_thumb.jpg

iAtkos:

post-277152-1219514515_thumb.jpg

I was originally trying to install to a sata hdd, but I swapped in the IDE for the install (with the intention of mirroring the drive back onto a sata drive later) because that seems to create less problems... still no luck.

I also tried pulling out one stick of ram as well as typing "cpus=1 maxmem=2048" at the boot prompt, but no luck as well..

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Hi there,

A number of things to ask:

1) Are you installing from a SATA or PATA DVDRW?

2) What are your SATA & PATA (IDE) BIOS options and settings?

3) Have you set

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

4) Are you able to find out your IDE /SATA / RAID controller device and vendor IDs via Windows, i.e. via the Device Manager IDE /SATA / RAID controller Properties/Hardware IDs....?

vsi1600: can you provide the device/vendor ids for us for your sata/pata controllers?

in windows check: device manager/ide/sata/raid/ controller's section, in each section when you double click on anycontroller sub category, you shall see a new window pop-up, where you will see some menus one of which will be details/ check hardware ids from drop down menu and copy paste full address so we can read and comfirn if your device ids missing or not in the nforce ata controller....

your problem is most likely missing ids, which can be fixed easy... but requires a bit of patience and a usb enclosure for your hdd for easy installing/editing without the need for driver injection... for driver injection, you will need a computer with osx running, so it will be a bit of hassle?

vendor id's incoming as soon as I am done throwing the windows boot drive back in...

as far as bios settings go, I am using all of the settings that you listed haxi... and yes, I am installing from a sata dvd-rw drive.

@mysticus C*: I have multiple USB hd enclosures for easy installing/editing, as well as patience... x86 osx specific skills? not so much, but with your guidance it should be ok.

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers names/vendor ID's in the order they appear:

NVIDIA nFORCE Serial ATA Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0266&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&70

NVIDIA nFORCE Serial ATA Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0267&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&78

Primary IDE Channel: PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&11A884B1&0&0

Secondary IDE Channel: PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&11A884B1&0&1

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0265&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&68

Let me know if you need anything else... I'm going to double check my bios settings...

Many thanks for the quick response!! :unsure:

vendor id's incoming as soon as I am done throwing the windows boot drive back in...

as far as bios settings go, I am using all of the settings that you listed haxi... and yes, I am installing from a sata dvd-rw drive.

@mysticus C*: I have multiple USB hd enclosures for easy installing/editing, as well as patience... x86 osx specific skills? not so much, but with your guidance it should be ok.

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers names/vendor ID's in the order they appear:

NVIDIA nFORCE Serial ATA Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0266&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&70

NVIDIA nFORCE Serial ATA Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0267&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&78

Primary IDE Channel: PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&11A884B1&0&0

Secondary IDE Channel: PCIIDE\IDECHANNEL\4&11A884B1&0&1

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0265&SUBSYS_10003842&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&68

Let me know if you need anything else... I'm going to double check my bios settings...

Many thanks for the quick response!! :)

I could be wrong......always willing to learn from the more knowledgeable.....but your SATA & PATA Device and Vendor IDs appear to be in the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD :

<key>NForce SATA Controller</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA</string>

<key>Hardware Name</key>

<string>NForce SATA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleNForceATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<string>1000</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Serial ATA</key>

<key>NForce PATA Controller</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA</string>

<key>Hardware Name</key>

<string>NForce PATA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleNForceATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de 0x044810de</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>1000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Serial ATA</key>

so it appears that the problem may be elsewhere rather than with your SATA/PATA Controllers.....

hmmm, well here are a bunch of bios settings.. relevant or not...

Yes ACPI Function = [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Type = [s3 (STR)]

Execute disable bit = [Enabled]

IDE settings:

OnChip IDE Channel0 = [Enabled]

Primary Master PI0 = [Auto]

Primary Slave PI0 = [Auto]

Primary Master UDMA = [Auto]

Primary Slave UMDA = [Auto]

IDE DMA transfer access = [Enabled]

Serial-ATA Controller = [All Enabled]

IDE Prefetch Mode = [Enabled]

Raid = [Disabled] ...

OnChip USB = [V1.1+V2.0]

IEEE1394 controller = [Auto]

IDE HDD Block Mode = [Enabled]

hmmm, well here are a bunch of bios settings.. relevant or not...

Yes ACPI Function = [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Type = [s3 (STR)]

Execute disable bit = [Enabled]

IDE settings:

OnChip IDE Channel0 = [Enabled]

Primary Master PI0 = [Auto]

Primary Slave PI0 = [Auto]

Primary Master UDMA = [Auto]

Primary Slave UMDA = [Auto]

IDE DMA transfer access = [Enabled]

Serial-ATA Controller = [All Enabled]

IDE Prefetch Mode = [Enabled]

Raid = [Disabled] ...

OnChip USB = [V1.1+V2.0]

IEEE1394 controller = [Auto]

IDE HDD Block Mode = [Enabled]

Since you are using SATA DVDRW and so no channel conflict with PATA HDD.... have you got your IDE (PATA) HDD set to Master.....or is it set as Slave....?

master, and it's plugged into the end of the cable.... if that makes a difference

As the IDE HDD jumper is set on Master rather than Slave or CS (Cable Select) positions, it should make no difference....

On the face of it I can see no issue with your BIOS settings.....I presume the error you get is when you are booting from the Kalyway DVD to do the install rather than when trying to boot a previously installed OS X on the IDE HDD....?

Can you try using a PATA (IDE) DVDRW.... and do you have the option of setting Serial-ATA Controller to IDE....? Or can you only set [All Enabled] or [All Disabled]....?

As the IDE HDD jumper is set on Master rather than Slave or CS (Cable Select) positions, it should make no difference....

On the face of it I can see no issue with your BIOS settings.....I presume the error you get is when you are booting from the Kalyway DVD to do the install rather than when trying to boot a previously installed OS X on the IDE HDD....?

Yeah... I haven't actually been able to get into the install yet... =/

Yeah... I haven't actually been able to get into the install yet... =/

Is your BIOS version the latest E175....?

Is your BIOS version the latest E175....?

That's a good question... I was actually looking for bios updates the other day on the EVGA website(didn't find any), so I guess I should have been checking at nvidia somewhere... Although even at nvidia all I am finding are windows drivers...

Anyways the release number for my bios I750SZ17... which seems old (the copywrite is -2007)... Any idea where I can find the bios updates that I need?

Thank you very much :censored2:

I found it on their forums... http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=496310

updating now... will post results

I updated to the bios I posted, which as far as I can tell is the newest.. and it's still doing the same thing..

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

FireWire (OHIC) TI ID 8023 PCI now active, GUID 808080050000044b; max speed s400.

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

USBF: 1. 91 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS

USBF: 1. 94 AppleUSBEHCI[0x3be7000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be

USBF: 1. 98 AppleUSBEHCI[0x3be7000]: UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 1. 103 AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

USBF: 5.697 AppleUSBOHCI[0x3a8e000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device....

=|

did you create an hfs partition in windows?

or better ask this way, do you have additional partitions? or do you have only vista/xp partition on the hdd?

the reason for the question is, if in initial boot, there is no partition to be able to boot or/better-say able to temp write files, it may give that error due to all partitions are non recognized???...

do you have an additional hdd at your disposal, as low as 10gb would do, just format it with fat32? it should be initialized i think...

Check in BIOS that your Seagate IDE HDD is connected on IDE Channel 0 Master and that your SATA DVDRW is connected on SATA 1 (A0).....

Check in BIOS that the Hard Disk Boot Priority is Pri. Master

Check in BIOS that your First Boot Device is CDROM and Second Boot Device is Hard Disk

Try in BIOS Serial-ATA Controller [sATA-0]

Try in BIOS IDE HDD Block Mode [Disabled]

did you create an hfs partition in windows?

or better ask this way, do you have additional partitions? or do you have only vista/xp partition on the hdd?

the reason for the question is, if in initial boot, there is no partition to be able to boot or/better-say able to temp write files, it may give that error due to all partitions are non recognized???...

do you have an additional hdd at your disposal, as low as 10gb would do, just format it with fat32? it should be initialized i think...

I'll try this with the IDE drive :)

Thanks for the help!

Check in BIOS that your Seagate IDE HDD is connected on IDE Channel 0 Master and that your SATA DVDRW is connected on SATA 1 (A0).....

Check in BIOS that the Hard Disk Boot Priority is Pri. Master

Check in BIOS that your First Boot Device is CDROM and Second Boot Device is Hard Disk

Try in BIOS Serial-ATA Controller [sATA-0]

Try in BIOS IDE HDD Block Mode [Disabled]

I just went through all of this... no luck unfortunately :D

I'm going to try formatting that IDE drive to HFS now, as per Mysticus' suggestion...

I just tried with the IDE drive formatted to HFS, and still no luck...

I'm in the process of getting iAtkos r2 to try out with the bad bios patch, 4i, to see if I have any luck with either of those, but I doubt it will make any difference... hmmmm, very strange...