Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

hey i flashed my bios already..all the settings is ok...But i don't understand the EFI part...Kalyway don't come with a darwin bootloader?All my installation is successful..only i can't boot...I tried to install iatkos also...All the same problem...its not the dual booting..Its after i install i cant even enter OSX once...you know the part where they ask you whether you want to transfer files from your old mac...I can't even reach there...

Did you read the entire posting in the link I gave you?...... :rolleyes: If you did you would have seen: (I have put text in red for you):

2.- Installing Iatkos 1.0 R2

2.1.- Now you have the chance to install into a GUID or MBR partition scheme. I've got sucess in both but you have to use a few additional steps or you'll end with a not booting installation. Detailed steps and neccesary files are here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73952.

There is a problem tough, the keyboard is not working, so you'll have to either previously create a script on the pendrive, or perform those steps by booting from the dvd in single user mode.

In order to boot from the installation DVD in single user mode take note on which disk (X) and partition (Y) you installed, boot from DVD, push F8 and type:

rd=diskXsY -s

2.2 You should have a booting partition now.

ENDQUOTE

Did you carry out these operations?

Also in the same thread, some people seem to have success with iATKOS than Kalyway on your machine....

well..i don't understand the method at all..I can't use method 1 because i don't have leopard installed yet..But method 2 i don't really understand...

What did he mean by format your usb drive...what usb drive??

And i've downloaded the efi pack...so what do i do with it?It's just a pack of files..

And this is to install leopard 1st..and then vista later...I already have vista installed in my 1st partiton..

All i want is to install leopard into my 2nd partition and just get in running...

I've even followed this guys step and still i can't even make it to the mac os after i reboot..http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97660

The member mimminito even put a step by step guide also can't...just can't reboot into leopard..

well..i don't understand the method at all..I can't use method 1 because i don't have leopard installed yet..But method 2 i don't really understand...

What did he mean by format your usb drive...what usb drive??

And i've downloaded the efi pack...so what do i do with it?It's just a pack of files..

And this is to install leopard 1st..and then vista later...I already have vista installed in my 1st partiton..

All i want is to install leopard into my 2nd partition and just get in running...

I've even followed this guys step and still i can't even make it to the mac os after i reboot..http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97660

The member mimminito even put a step by step guide also can't...just can't reboot into leopard..

He means a USB memory stick.

EasyBCD should work from Vista BUT only once you have a bootable OS X system in your 2nd partition.....

Have you tried using iATKOS v.2.0i following the procedure in my blog but ToH and intel rather than nforce choices......

i basicly follow the same thing..And i actually got the older version of iatkos..Mine is 10.5.1..

Anyway..after the installation is done and reboot..i always take out the dvd..i'm suppose to take it out right?

Let me tell you what i do..

1. Format my D drive

2. Check my BIOS settings and change to the required settings..(SAT-AHCI)

3. Insert leopard installation DVD and boot from it..

4. In leopard installation..go to disk utilities and erase my D drive as Mac OSX Extended(Journaled)

5. Continue to customize of installation

6. Choose settings from mysticus guides..and many others..

7. Installation complete

8. Reboot

9. Remove the leopard DVD

Then my pc just boots up all the way to vista without asking anything,etc..

i basicly follow the same thing..And i actually got the older version of iatkos..Mine is 10.5.1..

Anyway..after the installation is done and reboot..i always take out the dvd..i'm suppose to take it out right?

Let me tell you what i do..

1. Format my D drive

Are you formatting from Vista or from OS X Install DVD Disk Utility?

What are you formatting it as? FAT32 or NTFS via Vista? or MBR or GUID (GPT) via OS X?

2. Check my BIOS settings and change to the required settings..(SAT-AHCI)

3. Insert leopard installation DVD and boot from it..

4. In leopard installation..go to disk utilities and erase my D drive as Mac OSX Extended(Journaled)

5. Continue to customize of installation

6. Choose settings from mysticus guides..and many others..

7. Installation complete

8. Reboot

9. Remove the leopard DVD

Then my pc just boots up all the way to vista without asking anything,etc..

ive been having problems for two days now...im trying to get osx on my pc and everything goes smooth till after it starts installing and then my system freezes randomly. so far i have tried pulling a video card out and ive tried leo4allv3 and iatkos v2.0i

the furthest i have gotten is with leo4all...it got to about 2 minutes left in the install and then froze.

please help me if you can...

i let the disk validate and i burned them with nero 7 at 2x

i format in vista as NTFS...den later i will erase it again in OSX installation as Mac OS Extended Journaled..
@ rernkent
When you have booted from the iATKOS DVD, run OS X Disk Utility on Install DVD
and then when you highlight your 160GB HDD icon in left column, the main window at bottom should show
Partition Map Scheme:
Master Boot Record

(This is the MBR talked about in the forums)

Then when you highlight the Volume C: icon in left column, the main window at bottom should show

Format:
NT File System (NTFS)

And when you highlight the Volume D: icon in left column, the main window at bottom should show

Format:
Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

If it does, then the problem lies with your installation choices.....see

Initially select from iATKOS v1.0ir3 10.5.1 Install DVD as follows:

iATKOS v1.0i Main System Y

Bootloader -

Darwin X86 bootloader N

Darwin EFI -
Darwin EFI bootloader Y

StockAppleACIPPlatfrom.kext Y
(If you have problems select N)

Stock Kernel Y
(If you have problems select N)

Patches/Kernels -

SSE2 SSE3 kernel Y

Remove CPUPowerManagement driver N
(If you have problems then select Y)

Remove Thermal kexts Y

Drivers -

VGA N

System -
SATA Y

ACPI/APIC Fix N
(If you have problems then select Y)

PCMCIA (Cardbus) N

AppleSMBIOS.kext netkas Y

Intel Speedstep N

Ext2fs N

Network Y

Useful Tools N

Only change selections (See red text) one selection at a time to help isolate cause of any problems.....For setting up VGA via NVinject for your graphics chip (nVidia GeForce 8600M GT) follow the procedure in my iATKOS v2.0i blog if you get boot screen errors similar to the ones shown in my blog....Hope this helps you.... Recommend you go MBR rather than GUID.... :D

ive been having problems for two days now...im trying to get osx on my pc and everything goes smooth till after it starts installing and then my system freezes randomly. so far i have tried pulling a video card out and ive tried leo4allv3 and iatkos v2.0i the furthest i have gotten is with leo4all...it got to about 2 minutes left in the install and then froze.please help me if you can...i let the disk validate and i burned them with nero 7 at 2x
@ sQuadron Have you tried iATKOS v2.0i following my blog.....it may help as the Striker Extreme is 680i nForce chipset based and my P5N32E SLI Plus is a hybrid 650i system.....so relatively similar..... :(

Thread hijack

Any ideas on how to fix my problem on page 80?

/Thread Hijack

@foxelement MSI MOBOs tend to have problems often requiring modded BIOSs.... see

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=90505&hl=

hey...ive tried iAtkos v2.0i and i type in -v ...

when it gets to validating or begining installing it just freezes...just like leo4allv3

most of my setup is like 3 months old, i dont understand why it keeps freezing

i took one of my graphics cards out and i took 2 gigs of ram out, i have a usb g5 mouse and a usb mac keyboard.....what is causing my lockups?

the furthest ive gotten is 2 minutes left in the install but that was with leo4allv3

hey...ive tried iAtkos v2.0i and i type in -v ...

when it gets to validating or begining installing it just freezes...just like leo4allv3

most of my setup is like 3 months old, i dont understand why it keeps freezing

i took one of my graphics cards out and i took 2 gigs of ram out, i have a usb g5 mouse and a usb mac keyboard.....what is causing my lockups?

the furthest ive gotten is 2 minutes left in the install but that was with leo4allv3

What are the error messages you see on the "frozen" boot screen and what are your BIOS settings?

Have you booted the iATKOS v2.0i DVD with cpus=1 -v prior to running the install and not selecting any VGA options initially......

What are the error messages you see on the "frozen" boot screen and what are your BIOS settings?

Have you booted the iATKOS v2.0i DVD with cpus=1 -v prior to running the install and not selecting any VGA options initially......

im trying now, ill let you know..

usually i dont see any error messages, the frozen screen doesnt come untill its installing leo on the external hard drive...ive gotten as far as 2 minutes left with leo4allv3

hey...u mean i should select darwin x86 bootlooder and efi?Anyway,i should select all the N choices?Like under system i should choose PCMIA,Speedstep,ext2fs and useful tools?Then if it doesn't work only choose all the y's?

hey...u mean i should select darwin x86 bootlooder and efi?Anyway,i should select all the N choices?Like under system i should choose PCMIA,Speedstep,ext2fs and useful tools?Then if it doesn't work only choose all the y's?

N means you DO NOT SELECT option that is N means NO

Y means you SELECT option that is Y means YES

Any option not shown in my previous post to you should be NOT SELECTED, that is the box next to the option must be left empty/blank

........ :) Do not choose the nForce kernels under Patches/Kernels....you do not have an nforce chipset mobo....you have Intel chipsets..... ;)

If you have problems, then change option selection from Y to N and N to Y where and as shown by red text...... ;) one selection at a time to try isolate the problem area..... :)

Ok.

I just updated to 10.5.4 (from 10.5.3) but I'm still using the 9.2.0 kernel as the new 10.5.4 kernel (9.4.0) prevented me from booting. Couldn't even get to the Apple logo.

I have a test partition, which is an image of my main partition. So as I couldn't boot on my Test partition after the update, I just rebooted on my main and replaced the new Kernel with the old one I had backed up.

Rebooted on the Test partition and here we are.

This update seems pretty safe. Just do a backup of your current mach_kernel and install the 10.5.4 update. Then, instead of of restarting, replace the new mach_kernel with your backup one. Then Restart.

Everything is working great so far. Firefox, Final Cut Pro, iTunes, etc.. are all working fine.

post-117699-1215080912_thumb.png

So after installation i should remove the dvd or let it reboot with the dvd inside?

Remove the DVD after all processes are killed but before PC reboots.....

Has anyone been able to get any of the newer kernels (modbin, specifically) to work on an nforce board? I've tried my best to get them to work unsuccessfully. Still having to use the 9.2.0 T0h kernel that came with Kalyway 10.5.2, which I think may be causing slight problems under 10.5.3/4.

I've been considering a reload with Chameleon to see if that mitigated any of the issues with the kernels, but I haven't really been able to find any information out about nforce boards...

i did exactly as you say and when i reboot it just went straight to vista again... :pirate2:

Anyway,my c drive is formatted as fat32 not as ntfs..

Assuming you now have a bootable OS X installation.....you now need to set up EasyBCD 1.7.2 in Vista.....See http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Mac+OS+X and do the following and report what happens....

Stage A.

1. Run EasyBCD, and navigate to the "Add/Remove Entries" button and click.
  2. In the "Add an Entry" window, Select the "Mac OS X" tab from the tabs at the top of the window.
  3. Click on "Type" box and in the drop-down list, select "Generic x86 Hardware"
  4. If you wish to change the name from the default "NST Mac OS X," to say "iATKOS Leopard" or whatever name you choose, then do so now.
  5. Click on "Add Entry".

Stage B.

1. Navigate to the "Advanced Options" button and click.

2. Under Advanced Options: select Run in SOS mode and click "Apply Settings" button.

3. Close EasyBCD 1.7.2 window.

Now reboot your PC, and select "iATKOS Leopard" (or whatever name you chose) from the Vista bootloader.

OS X should begin to boot immediately.

What if:

The screen turns black and a few seconds later I'm at the Vista boot menu once again.

Press F8 once during the black-screen period. The Mac OS X menu should pop-up and give you the option of booting into OS X.

I get a "HFS+ Partition Error" when I select OS X from the Vista bootloader... HELP!

Within the Diagnostics Center select the "Repair OS X HFS+ Partition Error" repair button, and hit the Attempt Recovery button, select your OS X drive and partition numbers from the list (drives start counting from 0, partitions start at 1), i.e. Drive 0 Partition 2, then press OK.

In EasyBCD i'm suppose to go change settings and change the drive into the drive i install mac os x into right?But the drive i installed isn't listed there...Only the drives that i can access in vista appear there...

So i left it at default c drive and reboot...when i select to boot Mac OS X after awhile they said chain boot error...

In EasyBCD i'm suppose to go change settings and change the drive into the drive i install mac os x into right?But the drive i installed isn't listed there...Only the drives that i can access in vista appear there...

So i left it at default c drive and reboot...when i select to boot Mac OS X after awhile they said chain boot error...

Not sure what you are trying to say.....you do not have to choose a drive.... see my screen shots below:

post-200327-1215103277_thumb.jpg

post-200327-1215103287_thumb.jpg

Do you see something like these....or not.... (Not Ubuntu entry obviously)

Try HFS+ Partition recovery....

Within the Diagnostics Center select the "Repair OS X HFS+ Partition Error" repair button, and hit the Attempt Recovery button, select your OS X drive and partition numbers from the list (drives start counting from 0, partitions start at 1), i.e. Drive 0 Partition 2, then press OK.

If this fails, without erasing your previous OS X install, just re-run the iATKOX Install DVD again, choosing no options except for Darwin

bootloader only....

Bootloader -

Darwin X86 bootloader N

Darwin EFI -

Darwin EFI bootloader Y

every other option should be deselected!.....

yeah..i do see something like that in EasyBCD...same like mine...

Anyway...now when i run my iatkos dvd without erasing my OSX i'm at a white screen with an apple logo...But it just gets stuck there loading..

When rebooting from the DVD, when the Darwin Bootloader starts, press F8 and at the boot: prompt type -v before pressing Enter key....

This way you will see what is happening....

Then when the Installer customize window is chosen, ONLY choose the Darwin EFI bootloader NOTHING ELSE....