Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble getting this to work on my computer, I have been trying to install Mac on my PC for at least 2 years now, and the closest I have ever come is with a tiger install that will only work if I have the DVD in. I attempted to install via this method, and I thought I had chosen the correct customization for the install, but when I rebooted the computer I got a message saying: "Missing Operating System".

Please help me, my computer specs are listed in my signature as was specified in the instructions.

Thank you in advance!

I'm having some trouble getting this to work on my computer, I have been trying to install Mac on my PC for at least 2 years now, and the closest I have ever come is with a tiger install that will only work if I have the DVD in. I attempted to install via this method, and I thought I had chosen the correct customization for the install, but when I rebooted the computer I got a message saying: "Missing Operating System".

Please help me, my computer specs are listed in my signature as was specified in the instructions.

Thank you in advance!

It will assist forum users to help you if you also give more details to your signature here.....

What are your motherboard model number/type and chipset specs.....?

BIOS settings options/chosen....?

How is your HDD partitioned/formatted for both Vista and OS X.....?

What Install DVD version(s) do you have/tried......?

Install options tried.....? etc.

Hy guys, please, I need your help to install Leopard in this mobo, Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H:

Chipset nforce 630i / Nvidia 7100 (DVI-I + VGA + HDMI)

Audio Realtek 8.1 Analog / Optical SPDIF ALC885

Accepts DDR2 533/667/800

3 internal SATAII + 1 e-Sata + 1 IDE

Lan Onboard Nvidia

My hardware components: Pentium D 915 2.8GHz + Kingston DDR2 667 2GB + 1 DDR2 667 1GB, DVD R/RW LG SATA GH20NS10 and GSA 4160B (IDE), 2 Seagate x 250GB SATA II and 1 Seagate 120GB IDE. (Note: IDE devices only external but I tested it, and removed the SATA too but do not work)...

The release that I tried was iATKOS 2.0.

Do you know other releases that works so as well with my hardware?

Thanks for attention.

thanks haxi for a great guide on your blog...

finally got iATKOS v2.0i to work on my rig

1 last question... how do i get my internet drivers, i cant connect to the internet and i selected realtek drivers when i installed?

@Enio

You need iATKOSv2.0i with patch (equate)

or u could try Kalyway 10.5.2

@sQuadron

your mb's lan won't work , unless u use other pci/usb ethernet adapter.

some drivers are already provided , post up util you know what you're using.

@rernkent

you don't really need easybsd.

instead, just simply use chain0 or tboot and add a entry in boot.ini

@laser

you should more information than that to let the others help you.

thanks haxi for a great guide on your blog...

finally got iATKOS v2.0i to work on my rig

1 last question... how do i get my internet drivers, i cant connect to the internet and i selected realtek drivers when i installed?

Really pleased my iATKOS v2.01 Install Guide in my blog was able to help you..... :D

As muitommy says the onboard LAN does not work (onboard LAN on a MOBO may or may not work - it all depends on the MOBO specs; e.g. the onboard LAN on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO does not work under OS X)....hence the Netgear GA311 Gigabit LAN PCI card (RealTek 8169S chipset) card I have installed as stated in my signature and iATKOS blog entry.

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/ for the R1000, which is an opensource driver for network controllers RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 and some others modification for Mac OSX. It is based on Realtek's driver for Linux but is supported by Realtek.

Also see http://www.psystar.com/realtek_r1000_driver.html

Psystar have released a modded driver based on R1000 claimed by them to enhance the interrupt handling and link detection for these NICS: RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101.

So get hold of a Realtek chipset based PCI Netwok Card i.e. RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 chipset card....check card specs before buying....depending on the card used it may just work out of the box with the already installed drivers in OS X.... :)

If not the required network chipset driver kext when obtained can be post-installed using for example...Kext Helper (http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=54098&st=0) if you are not comfortable using the Terminal.....

hi

i am getting usb mounting problems. if i insert usb hd before booting os x it mounts it. it also mounts if i uninsert and reinsert the usb hdd. but when i boot os x then used os x for a while then mount usb hdd my usb does not get mounted.

can anyone help me?

@EnioYou need iATKOSv2.0i with patch (equate)or u could try Kalyway 10.5.2@sQuadronyour mb's lan won't work , unless u use other pci/usb ethernet adapter.some drivers are already provided , post up util you know what you're using.@rernkentyou don't really need easybsd.instead, just simply use chain0 or tboot and add a entry in boot.ini@laseryou should more information than that to let the others help you.
@rernkent The only reason i did not suggest that you use chain0 or Trusted Boot (tboot) and add an entry to boot.ini is that I was worried about you corrupting your Windows system....as from your posts it appears that you are at present having some difficulties using command line stuff....... :)
hii am getting usb mounting problems. if i insert usb hd before booting os x it mounts it. it also mounts if i uninsert and reinsert the usb hdd. but when i boot os x then used os x for a while then mount usb hdd my usb does not get mounted.can anyone help me?
Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789 for USB_Fix_v1.3 by Mysticus *C.... :D

Re cpus=1 problem, have a go at booting with maxmem=2048 0r even maxmem=3072 -v and see what happens......as I have had no problems with running 4 cores but did experience periodic lockups and mouse pointer freezes etc. until I set maxem=3072....on my 10.5.2 boot volume for maximum safe guaranteed functioning with volume cloning using CCC 3.1, I have set cpus=1 and maxmem=2048 in com.apple.Boot.plist in between the strings beneath Kernel Flags....

hey haxi..

I've installed kalyway 10.5.2 and now actually after it reboot i enter into leopard!!

But the problem is after that...when i restart..something about my vista corrupted so i insert my recovery dvd and repair..

After vista was normal i restart and try to boot leopard but now i can't...

I installed easy BCD already also...when i select leopard during reboot they say chain boot error..

So then i boot from the leopard dvd again an mark my leopard partition as active..den when i reboot...got 4 choices for me..

My 1st eisa configuration partiton,my vista,my data and my leopard partition...

When i select the leopard it will enter perfectly...Then i restart and i can't enter vista again...They ask me to put my recovery disk again??

hey haxi..

I've installed kalyway 10.5.2 and now actually after it reboot i enter into leopard!!

But the problem is after that...when i restart..something about my vista corrupted so i insert my recovery dvd and repair..

After vista was normal i restart and try to boot leopard but now i can't...

I installed easy BCD already also...when i select leopard during reboot they say chain boot error..

When you ran recovery DVD on Vista it re-wrote the Master Boot Record (MBR) with the Windows Vista bootloader..... but since you clearly now have a bootable OS X system....clear the Mac OS entry you previously put into "Manage Existing Entries" in EasyBCD, and add the Mac OS again as I described to you in my earlier posts to you......

When i recover my Vista the 1st thing i did was download the EasyBCD again and do all the steps you told me...

Then when i reboot and select leopard..the same chain boot error appear..

Then i boot the kalyway DVD again and put the command -s and make my leopard partition active and reboot...

Then the 4 choices appear again...something like this

hd 0,1

hd 0,2

hd 0,3 DATA

hd 0,4 MACOSX

when i select MACOSX it enters perfectly...

Then i restart...and then choose hd 0,2 (that my vista partition) it just restarts back to the same place...

Then i thought to choose the 1st one (hd 0,1) and it went into acer erecovery management...

So i quit and restart..

Now it goes to the dual boot system from EasyBCD..and the top one just disappears...

When i select vista it just restarts...

When i recover my Vista the 1st thing i did was download the EasyBCD again and do all the steps you told me...

Then when i reboot and select leopard..the same chain boot error appear..

Then i boot the kalyway DVD again and put the command -s and make my leopard partition active and reboot...

Then the 4 choices appear again...something like this

hd 0,1

hd 0,2

hd 0,3 DATA

hd 0,4 MACOSX

when i select MACOSX it enters perfectly...

Then i restart...and then choose hd 0,2 (that my vista partition) it just restarts back to the same place...

Then i thought to choose the 1st one (hd 0,1) and it went into acer erecovery management...

So i quit and restart..

Now it goes to the dual boot system from EasyBCD..and the top one just disappears...

When i select vista it just restarts...

So, are you saying it works from EasyBCD or not.....?

No it doesn't...to get into leopard i have to run the installation DVD again and mark my leopard partiton as active...

But when i do that..my vista gets corrupted...

I just recovered vista again...now have to go through the setup..

No it doesn't...to get into leopard i have to run the installation DVD again and mark my leopard partiton as active...

But when i do that..my vista gets corrupted...

I just recovered vista again...now have to go through the setup..

If you have recovered Vista, re-install EasyBCD to give you new Vista entry in EasyBCD, add OS X.... if you have problems run Try HFS+ Partition recovery....

Within the Diagnostics Center select the "Repair OS X HFS+ Partition Error" repair button, and hit the Attempt Recovery button, select your OS X drive and partition numbers from the list (drives start counting from 0, partitions start at 1), i.e. Drive 0 Partition 4, then press OK.....

ok..i'll try after i finish the vista setup..

I was so happy when it entered leopard and now another problem...oh well..

Thx for your help..

But at least you now know that Leopard can run on your PC setup.... :tomato: so all you have to sort out is the bootloader sequence....hopefully via EasyBCD....:D

I just installed EasyBCD..with all the settings you told me and also did the HFS partition recovery..

But when i select Mac OSX it came out with a Chain Boot Error again..

What should i do now...

You may have to modify BCD manually.....check out http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true

to understand BCD first.... as Vista does not use boot.ini itself....

Wow... ;) Such a long and complicated page...My PC blurness is not gonna help...I'll check it out soon...Going to sleep now..Its 4am here...been trying so long i'm tired.. :hysterical:

Here is a "pill" that may help with your tiredness..... :)

http://www.vistabootpro.org/

Don't forget to make a backup copy of the BCD Store using the BCD backup option in VistaBootPro 3.3..... :gun:

But I have been thinking about your problem some more - it may be related to your drive numbering.....

See for example http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Driv...ers+and+Numbers

So, before taking your medicine go to EasyBCD and in the "Add an Entry" window, click on the Linux tab, and then click on the Drive entry box - it should show you all the partitions on your hard drive i.e. under Linux drive numbering scheme :

Drive 0 Partition 0 (HPFS/NTFS? - volume size in GB) for the Acer Recovery Management

Drive 0 Partition 1 (Win95 FAT32? - volume size in GB) for your Vista system

Drive 0 Partition 2 (Win95 FAT32? - volume size in GB) for your DATA Partition

Drive 0 Partition 3 (???? - volume size in GB) for your MACOSX system

The red text may be different depending on how the partitions were formatted by you.....

The ???? indicates HFS+ format in EasyBCD since Windows does not recognise the format.....

Do the partition sizes reported here correspond with those you have for the Acer Recovery Management paritition, Vista partition, DATA partition, and MACOSX partition...?

Please report what the Drive entry box shows in full detail.....we can then compare it with what you reported earlier for consistency.....which is the Windows drive numbering scheme (hd 0,0 is the MBR of your hard drive) :

hd 0,1

hd 0,2

hd 0,3 DATA

hd 0,4 MACOSX

You see my acer has actually 4 partitions now...There is my C drive...Primary drive that my vista is installed into..There is also this hidden partition names eisa configuration in the disk management...I can't seem to wipe it out...

Then there's my normal D drive named DATA...I shrink it and make another just for Leopard and i named it MacOSX..

hd 0,1 and hd 0,2 has ???? marks in the box and the description says a foreign OS...

My C drive is actually a FAT32 format...DATA drive is NTFS and MacOSX is the apple format...specially for leopard..

Ok for the linux part u asked me to do...this is what is says..

Drive 0

Partition 0(????- 11gb) ------ this is my eisa cnfiguration drive

Partition 1(BIGDOS Fat 16 - 69gb) ------ this is my C drive where vista is installed

Partition 2(HPFS/NTFS - 33gb) ------ this is my D drive(DATA) for data,etc..

Partition 3(???? - 33gb) ------ this is my MacOSX drive..

And yeah...the sizes do match to the actual size...

I give up, I will no more try never.
Why....? :) Type in Google "your motherboard name insanelymac x86".... for more specific information and mobo forum threads than this nForce thread..... or also try following my iATKOS v2.0i Install Guide in my blog....it has helped others....just remembering to choose the "best" options e.g. Intel chipsets and Intel CPU for your MOBO as my own options selection was based on nForce chipsets and Intel CPU....or Kalyway 10.5.2.... :)
You see my acer has actually 4 partitions now...There is my C drive...Primary drive that my vista is installed into..There is also this hidden partition names eisa configuration in the disk management...I can't seem to wipe it out...Then there's my normal D drive named DATA...I shrink it and make another just for Leopard and i named it MacOSX..hd 0,1 and hd 0,2 has ???? marks in the box and the description says a foreign OS...My C drive is actually a FAT32 format...DATA drive is NTFS and MacOSX is the apple format...specially for leopard..Ok for the linux part u asked me to do...this is what is says..Drive 0 Partition 0(????- 11gb) ------ this is my eisa cnfiguration drive Partition 1(BIGDOS Fat 16 - 69gb) ------ this is my C drive where vista is installed Partition 2(HPFS/NTFS - 33gb) ------ this is my D drive(DATA) for data,etc.. Partition 3(???? - 33gb) ------ this is my MacOSX drive..And yeah...the sizes do match to the actual size...
EasyBCD is reporting your C: drive as a BIGDOS Fat 16 partition - I am primarily a real Mac, hack Mac and Ubuntu user, so not a Windows guru but are not BIGDOS FAT 16 (a FAT 16 Partition > 32MB? ) and FAT 32 somewhat different formats.....perhaps Windows gurus can comment.....

So what should i do now...What should i do in the VistaBootPRO?

Regarding "hd 0,1 and hd 0,2 has ???? marks in the box and the description says a foreign OS..." where was this information from....please clarify....as they are your Acer Recovery volume and Vista volume....right?....