Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

haxi: do you realize that the guys just joined the forum, and he is posting intel related question in a nforce topic?

Hi Mysticus, I did but I gather he has been using this thread's guide for iATKOS v1.0i R3......and so I offered some suggestions......not knowing what thread he should move his question to.....but am OK with you asking him to post in another thread as this is your thread..... :censored2: I will then delete my posts replying to his questions.....

Misticus I am sorry I caused so much disturbance in your thread.

I just didn't know where to start.I joined the forum in order to ask

for help but thats the reason you join a forum anyway,or one of the

reasons at least.

Haxi I thank you once again and feel sorry for the troubles I put you in.

Do you know what is the apropriate thread for my questions?

And why does the forum graphics not appear?I see only text.

Yesterday was ok.

reasons at least.

Yesterday was ok.

You can check via Google with InsanelyMac as one search term and your MOBO model as the other......I can still help you if I am able to in another thread you post to......

thank you for your concern......I am pretty sure that Mysticus C* and myself will not fall out over this.......if he requests it, we can simply just delete our correspondence from this thread to tidy it up...... :D

reasons at least.

Yesterday was ok.

I am not against being helped, and haxi giving you directions... in fact I encourage anyone to help each other, but if everyone discuss any issue in any random thread, it creates soo much mess... esp, for other newbie's joining the forum, and start reading... People usually tend to not read a lot, and when they see something, like in nforce topic, and although answers not relevant to their system (like your case) they want to try first... Not to mention, the amount of work given to this NFORCE thread and people start dicussions about How to install on say Ubununtu linux on a Sony vaio... How are we going to control the mess...

I specifically said this in the very first post

QUOTE 1

"Main purpose of the R3 project was to fix previous problems with the original release, so that people with nforce chipsets ...."

QUOTE 2

"ALSO THIS IS AN NFORCE CHIPSET WITH INTEL CPUS ON IT SUPPORT TOPIC. IF YOU DONT HAVE NFORCE CHIPSET WITH INTEL CPU ON IT, DO NOT ASK FOR HELP, RATHER PM ME or ANY OTHER PERSON YOU LIKE YOU THINK THAT MAY HELP YOU, SO THIS TOPIC KEEPS CLEAN... BUT DO NOT MAKE PM AS A HABIT AS I M NOT ANYONE'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT. IF YOU PM TOO MUCH IT MEANS YOU DONT READ MUCH, SO I WILL IGNORE YOUR PMs"

Well if you dont control the mess, topic goes out of focus, and becomes garbage... If topic stays clean, it gives better support, and more helpful. This is a big problem all over the forum... People create topics when they cant see an answer, or just post in random topics... USE GOOGLE! VERY EASY... in the search field just type "whatever your search subject insanelymac"

for example: "Gigabyte 965P-DS4 insanelymac"... but like any newbie... you start knowing nothing, and jump on board on any topic you pick up (people usually pick up the most active threads as they give quick response).... dont think of it as me being an a$$, but in 2-3 months time you will start to understand what i mean...

I have recently been trying to install osx86 iATKOS 4i on my gaming machine. But I have been running into the waiting for root device error. I got this error when I used to have an IDE DVD drive and unplugging my 2 SATA HDD's and trying to install on my IDE drive. So I decided I would try again since the new release came out. But I run into the same problem. But now I have a SATA DVD drive. I'm pretty new with osx86, but I did get a clean install on my acer laptop. I've tried all kinds of fixes but none work.

BIOS Setting is on IDE ! Because i have onl IDE and RAID :D

I choose Dual-Boot with "Acronis OS Selector 8"

Great Program for easy-switching ;)

Sounds great with Nvidia 8600GT ! We will buy a new extra HDD for OS X too :D

Then i will try it again :D

Edit Signatur for other Members :)

I have recently been trying to install osx86 iATKOS 4i on my gaming machine. But I have been running into the waiting for root device error. I got this error when I used to have an IDE DVD drive and unplugging my 2 SATA HDD's and trying to install on my IDE drive. So I decided I would try again since the new release came out. But I run into the same problem. But now I have a SATA DVD drive. I'm pretty new with osx86, but I did get a clean install on my acer laptop. I've tried all kinds of fixes but none work.

read post#1 carefully...

no soft-raid works!

no 2x nvidia gfx!

4 gb ram issue later!

if you are not running the system in raid config, than most likely your nforceata driver does not have device/vendor ids of your pata/sata controller... (most likely new??)

sata dvd drives has more trouble than pata dvds... that error also nothing to do with your dvd drive type either! it is for the hdds!

Is there no Chance to run 2 Graphic-Cards ?

This is my Problem on my second pc :P

From Post #1 in this thread

☻2 x NVIDIA GFX CARD (SLI OR SINGLE MODE DOESNT MATTER) DOES NOT WORK ON ANY CHIPSET AS OF YET... NO OFFICIAL OR PATCHED DRIVER SUPPORT AS OF YET!!! SO YOU HAVE ONE OPTION == TAKE ONE CARD OFF IF YOU WANNA RUN OSX ON THAT PC!!

OS X may possibly work with an ATI GFX card + nVIDIA GFX card combination and/or with 2 x ATI GFX cards.......

2x nvidia = NO (driver does not allow it...)

1X NVIDIA + 1X ATI = POSSIBLE ?

2 X ATI (single mode not sli) = POSSIBLE ?

possible means it doesnt give kernel panic but dont know how they would work?

2 x ati single mode works, but dont know about sli...

if you check apple's web site for Mac Pro section, if you go to buy now/configure section, it allows up to 4 ati cards, but no multiple nvidia option is available yet (only single nvidia card is available)...

for the ati part, it doesnt state crossfire either, so assuming all to be single cards? dont know the use of multiple single cards though (image/video editing?)...

read post#1 carefully...

no soft-raid works!

no 2x nvidia gfx!

4 gb ram issue later!

if you are not running the system in raid config, than most likely your nforceata driver does not have device/vendor ids of your pata/sata controller... (most likely new??)

sata dvd drives has more trouble than pata dvds... that error also nothing to do with your dvd drive type either! it is for the hdds!

Alright I took out 2gb of RAM took out my other video card took out my SATA HDD's and my SATA DVD drive and popped in an IDE drive, and I still get the still wating for root device.

Alright I took out 2gb of RAM took out my other video card took out my SATA HDD's and my SATA DVD drive and popped in an IDE drive, and I still get the still wating for root device.

Check that these are your BIOS settings......

EIST Function Auto

Thermal Control Enabled

Limit CPUID MaxVal Disabled

Execute Disable Bit Enabled

Virtualization Technology Enabled

IDE 1 Controller Enabled

IDE 2 Controller Enabled

IDE DMA Transfer Access Enabled

OnChip SATA Controller Enabled

RAID Function Enabled (and SATA 1-4 RAID enabled as required) but this is probably "soft" rather than "hard" RAID, in which case it should be disabled....

ACPI Suspend Type S3 (STR)

HPET Support Enabled

Just to clarify are you getting "still wating for root device" message when booting from the install DVD prior to installing OS X or after OS X installation and booting from OS X HDD?

Check that these are your BIOS settings......

EIST Function Auto

Thermal Control Enabled

Limit CPUID MaxVal Disabled

Execute Disable Bit Enabled

Virtualization Technology Enabled

IDE 1 Controller Enabled

IDE 2 Controller Enabled

IDE DMA Transfer Access Enabled

OnChip SATA Controller Enabled

RAID Function Enabled (and SATA 1-4 RAID enabled as required)

ACPI Suspend Type S3 (STR)

HPET Support Enabled

Just to clarify are you getting "still wating for root device" message when booting from the install DVD prior to installing OS X or after OS X installation and booting from OS X HDD?

Everything on the list is set as you said, and it is when booting into the install disc

Everything on the list is set as you said, and it is when booting into the install disc

Bear in mind the question as to the nature of the RAID setup.....so suggest RAID is disabled....and when booting from the install DVD, boot with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" (without quotes) at the Boot: prompt.....and move your mouse around slowly and smoothly every 3 to 4 minutes during installation from the DVD......this will forestall the DVDRW going to "sleep" which is a problem on some systems.....

Bear in mind the question as to the nature of the RAID setup.....so suggest RAID is disabled....and when booting from the install DVD, boot with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" (without quotes) at the Boot: prompt.....and move your mouse around slowly and smoothly every 3 to 4 minutes during installation from the DVD......this will forestall the DVDRW going to "sleep" which is a problem on some systems.....

Still getting it :P

Still getting it :D

Since you have just IDE HDD and IDE DVDRW installed then try with OnChip SATA Controller [Disabled] and RAID Function [Disabled].....and IDE HDD as Slave and IDE DVDRW as Master obviously......

Another question what setting options does BIOS give you for the OnChip SATA Controller?

Since you have just IDE HDD and IDE DVDRW installed then try with OnChip SATA Controller [Disabled] and RAID Function [Disabled].....

Still get it, except it says "USBF: @.442 AppleUSB0HCI[CI0Xc71000]::CheckSleepCapabillity - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep" instead of complaining about phys nforce stuff.

P1010074.jpg

i also have one question !

Which Updates can be installed without having a problem ?

Sure, 10.5.4. wont work ! But the others ??

upatesph3.jpg

sorry for the bad imagesquality :(

I have some Problems with my Logitech Mouse...

I have the Apple Keyboard with cable... with 2 USB-Ports onboard.

I also have the Logitech MX 1000.

When the MX1000 is plugged in the USB-Ports on my PC, it doesn´t work.

If its plugged in my apple keyboard-USB-Ports it works ?!

At the beginning it was plugged in the Mainboard-USB-Ports,

after a few minutes it sometimes get stucked... then it works for 2 secondes --> stuck.

Maybe problems with the Mainboard-USB-Ports ?

I'm wondering Reniro's question too. I've read that some people were able to use the regular 10.5.4 combo update from apple shown above without any problems. But does that also work for AMD? And how about the airpot update, since we do not have an airport device?

cowguy: what is your device/vendor ids for your sata/pata controllers?

in windows open device manager/ide/sata/raid/ controllers sections... check each of the ide controller/details --> it should show a drop down menu, where you should choose hardware ids... once you get each of the ide/sata/raid ids, let us know: bcoz it looks like you do not have your dev/ven ids in the nforce ata driver...

others asking about updates: have you tried my update package regarding 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 (link at the end of post #2 in page 1)?

+ modified update packages gets rid of fear of bricking in most cases (apart from bad bios issues, where you may need your old appleacpiplatform.kext)

+ updates regarding firmwares of your graphics card obviously not good idea...

+ if other options in update didnt show up as dangeraous in the front page of insanelymac, than they are usually safe...

Can I install iAtkos v1 r3 in my dell inspiron 1525 laptop?? The specifications are as below:

Dell INSPIRON 1525 R540511 Laptop 

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5750, 2.0 GHz 2-MB L2 Cache, 667Mhz FSB Mobile Intel Express 965PM/GM Chipset -or- ATI 690T/600SB Chipset Motherboard 2-GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 250-GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive, 2.5-inch, 5400 rpm 8X DVD Super Multi Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium OS 15.4 inch (39.1 cms) WXGA+ Widescreen TFT Anti-glare Display with TrueLife technology, 1280 x 800 pixels resolution Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 Graphics Chipset with upto 128 MB shared memory Dell Wireless 1390 802.11a/g/n Mini-Card Built-in 56 kbps Fax/Modem Internal 10/100 Ethernet LAN 8-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader Integrated 2.0 Megapixels Webcam Integrated Microphone High Definition Audio 2.0, Built-in stereo speakers 4 USB v2.0 Ports PCMCIA Slot 6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion Battery

Will iAtkos r3 work fine on my laptop??

I am a beginner to this kind of os installation, please help me!!! :(

I have started downloading iAtkos r3 torrent and now I saw someone saying that iAtkos r3 is a patch and not an iso!!! The torrent has finished downloading to 70%, should i cancel it and download iatkos r2 instead?? Please, I need urgent help!!

I need help!!!!

I try install leopard but is imposible. i have a old PC AMD with leopard Works OK. but with my NEW PC Acer M3640 INTEL QUAD 6600+NFORCE MOBO is imposible.

Iatkos no boot, kaleway no boot, leo4all no boot. I try with SATA HD and DVD drive, and with IDE HD and IDE DVD drive... but not boot.

With ACPI enable i got this: 05082008091rn4.th.jpg

Whith ACPI disable i got this: 21082008094ps9.th.jpg

This is my MO config, what i need change?

05082008079fl4.th.jpg 05082008080lw9.th.jpg

05082008081xg3.th.jpg05082008082nt1.th.jpg

05082008083zx7.th.jpg05082008084zu4.th.jpg

05082008085rg3.th.jpg05082008086jt2.th.jpg

05082008087dn0.th.jpg05082008088uw2.th.jpg05082008090tj8.th.jpg05082008090ra7.th.jpg

Thanks!