Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

were you able to boot at all? or you cant get to the account creation screen which comes in first boot after install?

also are you able to boot using -v -x ?

i do not get the account creation screen itself. the same thing with -v -x.

my kalyway installation took about 40 minutes.Is that Normal? Also i got the confirmation screen that OSX was successfully installed.

I am using the tboot.dll to multiboot. :queen:

i do not get the account creation screen itself. the same thing with -v -x.

my kalyway installation took about 40 minutes.Is that Normal? Also i got the confirmation screen that OSX was successfully installed.

I am using the tboot.dll to multiboot. :(

never heard of tboot.dll?

from xp or vista, all you need is chain0 file which is at the root of installation dvd of any kind... in windows, open the dvd rom say kalyway, you should see teh chain0 file... that is responsible from multiboot...

tboot? never heard of it...

never heard of tboot.dll?

from xp or vista, all you need is chain0 file which is at the root of installation dvd of any kind... in windows, open the dvd rom say kalyway, you should see teh chain0 file... that is responsible from multiboot...

tboot? never heard of it...

tboot is the revised chain0 loader suggested in OSX86wiki guide.Anyway replaced it with chain0 file for multiboot,but the same problem persists.

What else could be the problem Mysticus C? 

post-248591-1216737860_thumb.jpg

tboot is the revised chain0 loader suggested in OSX86wiki guide.Anyway replaced it with chain0 file for multiboot,but the same problem persists.

What else could be the problem Mysticus C?

the screen shot is suggestiing network interface... but i dont know what you are using right now?

the screen shot is suggestiing network interface... but i dont know what you are using right now?

is there any method of installing the network drivers using terminal or any other utility?Or upgrading the current installation to 10.5.3 package provided by you will solve the problem?

Or should i reinstall kalyway.If so could you please suggest what are the drivers to be selected forIntel C2D e6400 ; ASUS P5N32E-sLI (nforce 680i)chipset ; Seagate 250GB SATA II Hd ; 2GB 667Mhz RAM in dual channel ;

is there any method of installing the network drivers using terminal or any other utility?Or upgrading the current installation to 10.5.3 package provided by you will solve the problem?

Or should i reinstall kalyway.If so could you please suggest what are the drivers to be selected forIntel C2D e6400 ; ASUS P5N32E-sLI (nforce 680i)chipset ; Seagate 250GB SATA II Hd ; 2GB 667Mhz RAM in dual channel ;

first put your hardware specs on your signature... it is the most important part, everytime i want to answer someone i dont memorize what you have on yur system... i said this maybe million times, people still dont put their hardware specs in their signature...

check bios settings for:

execute disable bit: enabled

acpi suspend mode: s3 or s1 or both

disable on board lan!

start kalyway installation again, go to disk utility, and erase the partition u installed osx, than close disk utility and go to installation, and read the post#2 carefully, and correctly!!!! for what to choose in kalyway, there is a pic showing what to choose in the window, and what to uncheck... apart from video and audio drivers... correct video driver is a MUST! and audio is not necessary until you learn how to install and run osx!

first put your hardware specs on your signature... it is the most important part, everytime i want to answer someone i dont memorize what you have on yur system... i said this maybe million times, people still dont put their hardware specs in their signature...

check bios settings for:

execute disable bit: enabled

acpi suspend mode: s3 or s1 or both

disable on board lan!

start kalyway installation again, go to disk utility, and erase the partition u installed osx, than close disk utility and go to installation, and read the post#2 carefully, and correctly!!!! for what to choose in kalyway, there is a pic showing what to choose in the window, and what to uncheck... apart from video and audio drivers... correct video driver is a MUST! and audio is not necessary until you learn how to install and run osx!

Hi there,

Mysticus C*'s guides followed carefully should get you going OK...his guides and updater packages have got me up to running 10.5.4... :)

But if you need further clarification on each step read the install guide in my blog......other forum readers and members have posted saying that it helped them install OS X successfully.... :)

Has anyone found a solution to the network drivers giving out after extensive use....

I have tried a realtek 8139, and 8169 using 3 different drivers, and all give out eventually. It doesn't really seem use related, as sometimes I will have no traffic when they die, while other times I am transferring at 1.2mbps and they'll work fine.

I noticed this post confirms the problem that I am talking about. I noticed that Mysticus C* stated that the kernel was not the cause of the Ethernet lockups, but then I am wondering what else it could possibly be, two different dedicated NICs, using diff drivers...

Thanks for any help you guys can give... This is the LAST issue I have to be resolved before I have a completely working hackintosh.

Anyone have a response for this? It's horrendously annoying when it does this. Thanks again!

@mwufasa: 4gb ram problem is not just a small problem to be fixed with small patches... it has to do with the 64 bit mode of the nforce ata drivers and chipset compatibility... the driver has to be rewritten or patched by MeDevil who is the original creater of the driver...

network issue is told million times with 8169/8139 series cards already... both wifi cards work and dont drop network connection... apple usb lan card is also working... there have been couple more cards reported working but I cant confirm the authenticity of the information posted by other members... just search this topic u will find it...

on the other hand, your network problem is unique! that is a specific problem with rt2500 chips old vesions... those cards have problems from the original devices! that is why i specified certain versions of wifi cards that are using newest chips in them with those drop outs removed! those problematic RALINK chips are older and not working proparly in leo already...

last but not least... dont PM me, unless told you so!

@mwufasa: 4gb ram problem is not just a small problem to be fixed with small patches... it has to do with the 64 bit mode of the nforce ata drivers and chipset compatibility... the driver has to be rewritten or patched by MeDevil who is the original creater of the driver...

network issue is told million times with 8169/8139 series cards already... both wifi cards work and dont drop network connection... apple usb lan card is also working... there have been couple more cards reported working but I cant confirm the authenticity of the information posted by other members... just search this topic u will find it...

on the other hand, your network problem is unique! that is a specific problem with rt2500 chips old vesions... those cards have problems from the original devices! that is why i specified certain versions of wifi cards that are using newest chips in them with those drop outs removed! those problematic RALINK chips are older and not working proparly in leo already...

last but not least... dont PM me, unless told you so!

Thanks for the answer. Guess I'll continue with maxmem and get that linksys card then.

Sorry for PM btw.

Thanks for the answer. Guess I'll continue with maxmem and get that linksys card then.

Sorry for PM btw.

Hi there, if you would prefer a wired Ethernet PCI card then consider a Realtek RTL8169S chipset based one e.g. Netgear GA311 10/100/1000 Gigabit PCI adapter...... :) it worked out of the box for me with Leopard.....but not surprising as seen from here and the fact that Sonnet Technology appear to use the RTL8169 chipset too.... ;)

I got 10.5.2 kalyway installed how do i update to 10.5.4?

do i need to update to 10.5.3 then update it to 10.5.4?

or can i simply update it to 10.5.4?

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD then Mysticus C* 10.5.3 Combo Updater v1.4b then Mysticus C* 10.5.4 Delta Updater worked for me...... :D

yes, haxi is right...instead of reinventing the wheel again, i did 10.5.3 combo (5.0, 5.1, 5.2 all can be updated) and 10.5.4 delta (only 5.3 can be updated) the link to right topic is on the bottom of post#2 but u can simply click here

i hope you read evertg in the post#2 for kalyway install, esp the USB part... :) (because initially you will have usb storage devices dont work error (not mounting) ) but no worries... with small patch or by installing updates it will be fixed... read the part about usb not mounting issue and know how to solve it in future as well...

Installed iAKTOS1.01 R3 as per instructions, on re-boot (not asked for) just get a flashing cursor top left of screen

Help please - Andy

Fixed that with a complete power off.

Next problem - no keyboard input from a Micro$oft USB keyboard, so can't fill in the registration details - yet the F8 & -v worked at boot!!

Fixed that with a complete power off.

Next problem - no keyboard input from a Micro$oft USB keyboard, so can't fill in the registration details - yet the F8 & -v worked at boot!!

thats is called ps/2 keyboard problem, however you say it is usb, it is strange... is your usb kb/mouse is enabled from bios? along with usb2 controller?

thats is called ps/2 keyboard problem, however you say it is usb, it is strange... is your usb kb/mouse is enabled from bios? along with usb2 controller?

You know those sayings "before posting, double-check ..." .... ooops, the KB is on the PS2 port NOT the USB! Shows how good my memory is .. sorrry for the error in posting, but the problem remains??

You know those sayings "before posting, double-check ..." .... ooops, the KB is on the PS2 port NOT the USB! Shows how good my memory is .. sorrry for the error in posting, but the problem remains??

explain it a bit, you are giving conflicting answers... is it still in ps/2 port? or u started using ps2 to usb converter and problem still there? or you wanna know the solution to ps/2 kb?

my guess is you are using ps/2 kb on ps/2 port (no converter) so problem remains until you grab yourself some patched/tweaked files... search around and you will find them...

my suggestion: get yourself a ps/2 to usb converter, or better buy a usb mouse/keyboard... much better solution bcoz, you will have that problem going all the time major updates comes around... so save yourself some headache

Hey, I'm trying to install iAktos v1.0 r3 on the system listed below in my sig, as a sort of fun project.

Had most of the parts including a usable case and only had to spend money on a CPU. Installed Windows XP earlier and used the system to mod my 360 with no problems then erased the windows partition and re partitioned it in DOS FAT format using OS X on my Macbook Pro by hooking the drive up with my USB adapter.

So currently no OS installed on the drive itself.

I load from the DVD fine, but I do not get very far.

I've tried all kinds of flag combinations as well, but no go, same problem keeps on persisting.

Basically I hit F8 at the promp to start installation.

Go with -v and it'll start to boot with all the text going by and then seems to freeze at the bottom after a couple of seconds where it says Kernal version ect ect.

Among the myriad of text I see thins like SAM Read or Write fail, but no messages about the harddrive or disc drive.

As well as some sort of CPU panic error.

I have also tried the -v cpus=1 flag with no go.

Starting the system with NO Flags just brings up the nice GUI but then it'll dim out and tell me I have to restart my system.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Do I have any hope of getting this to work?

Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say it's my CPU and that it may not be compatible with this release?

I am in the process of downloading the Kalyway installation JUSt in case..

Sucks about it is I have a pretty slow internet connection @ 1.5MB/s(150KB/s MAX DL) which I get through a local wireless internet tower.

Hopefully I can get this working eventually.

Hey, I'm trying to install iAktos v1.0 r3 on the system listed below in my sig, as a sort of fun project.

Among the myriad of text I see thins like SAM Read or Write fail, but no messages about the harddrive or disc drive.

As well as some sort of CPU panic error.

I have also tried the -v cpus=1 flag with no go.

Starting the system with NO Flags just brings up the nice GUI but then it'll dim out and tell me I have to restart my system.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

hate people like you... you just jump on board, didnt bother reading post#2 at all... and straight to last page and post problems... sam read write error has been explained million times, it is either dvd burned more than 4x speed, or damaged media, or most likely you are using sata dvd which is not fully compatible yet!...

bugger off if you are not gonna read any $hit around... dont like people who just jump on the bus and start posting on the last page b4 reading a single line of information...

@lazer451: u noob stupid, how many times do i have to write here not to PM me personal problems in fact your question of on board nforce lan has been answered right in the post#2... learn to read or bugger off...

YOU NEW GUYS WHO JUST DOWNLOAD SOME $HIT AND JUMP ON BOARD, PLS DAMN LEARN TO READ BEFORE POSTING ANY $HIT!!!!! HOW DUMBER PEOPLE CAN GET???

IT LOOKS LIKE I M GONNA EDIT POST#1 ABIT TO NOTE SOME MESSAGES SO PEOPLE WHO ARE SO STUPID CANNOT BYPASS BUT I M AFRAID PEOPLE STILL BYPASS... DONT READ AND PM THEIR $HITTY PERSONAL PROBLEMS AGAIN AND AGAIN... JEEEZZZZ