Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Yes...they are acer recovery and vista volume...

This information is from when i installed successfully leopard and reboot for the 1st time...

During that time this 4 options were available..i chose MacOSX and it booted to leopard and i saw the video and everything..

Hi Mysticus C*, hi Forumers,

First off, thanks for the awesome guide! However, I'm currently experiencing some difficulties with getting OS X working.

I installed OS X and closely followed your guide. However, since you seemingly used iAtkos 1.0 R3 (I used 2.0i), the menus looked a bit different. I installed the nforce_core kernel, which they claim is specially made for Intel Core processors. I also installed all Nvinject drivers (which was probably wrong, now that I come to think of it...) and the nForce ATA drivers that were included on the DVD.

After the installation, I inserted the Windows Vista Disk and then ran the following commands in the repair console:

BootRec /ScanOs
  BootRec /FixMbr
  BootRec /FixBoot
  BootRec /RebuildBcd

Afterwards, I was able to boot to Windows Vista again.

I then went on and customized the Vista bootloader using EasyBCD 1.7.2. You can see my BCD cofiguration in this screenshot:

post-252922-1215278762_thumb.gif

The Problem:

If I try to boot Mac OS X from the windows bootloader, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then I'm back where I was before.

I researched on the NeoSmart Website and found this:

http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Mac+...Troubleshooting

(Troubleshooting, point two).

However, pressing F8 during the "black screen" period does not work for me, I end up in the startup options screen of Windows Vista. Since this is a known problem to NeoSmart, I suspect this to be a problem with EasyBCD - of course I don't know for sure.

Have you got any ideas about what I could have done wrong?

@ rernkent

@ CrazyC

If you do thus

BootRec /ScanOs

BootRec /FixMbr

BootRec /FixBoot

BootRec /RebuildBcd

you would just have the Vista Boot Loader in its pre-EasyBCD dual boot OS modified form....

Did you then go back into EasyBCD to add the Mac OS back again....? In the \NST folder you would still have the previous .mbr files....Go into the \NST folder and see what .mbr files are present and their modification dates.....

Here is my Detailed (Debug Mode) EasyBCD entry:

post-200327-1215289604_thumb.jpg

as you see it is essentially no different from your entry...yet EasyBCD does not work for you but does for me....?

Sorry I cannot be more help but I cannot reproduce your EasyBCD dual boot problems on my setup at present as I am running on separate drives rather than a single hard drive, and so cannot try to sort out things.....but this thread may help

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=39253

Re iATKOS v2.0i....check out my install guide in my blog....others have successfully used it to install OS X....

Haih..i don't know what to do already..

I just reinstalled kalyway and my windows corrupted again..

Now i have to restore again...

I've read all the forums i can...I do like they do it and yet i can't..

There's even ppl that has the same laptop and got it to work perfectly..

FIXED!

post-200327-1215289604_thumb.jpg

as you see it is essentially no different from your entry...yet EasyBCD does not work for you but does for me....?

I found this on the NeoSmart forums: http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1599

Thanks, that thread got me pointed in the right direction. Since this is essentially a problem with EasyBCD and not with this install guide, I will post a writeup of what I did to solve the problem in its own thread right now. Link will follow here as soon as I publish the thread. See below for the link to my writeup.

Re iATKOS v2.0i....check out my install guide in my blog....others have successfully used it to install OS X....

Thanks, but I installed from the Kalyway DVD now and it worked seamlessly. I just have to figure out how to get my network chip working.

CrazyC..

I'm so jealous...i've been trying to for weeks until i post more than 30 post already...Still can't..

I think i have a similar problem as you...the problem with dual booting..

I have the chain boot error msg and based on the neo smart forums that you gave its my partiton numbering..

I'll be happy if you can post here what you did to dual boot Vista and MacOSX

@rernkent: you seem to have a different problem than I have... I did not get any error message, I just had a few seconds of black screen.

HERE IS THE WRITEUP:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114250

Glad I was able to help in some way..... :(

If you already have the download but in .rar format, step by step, how would you change it into .iso and burn it onto a dvd-R. I am not very good at computers so please, if you can, make it with easy instructions.

Thank you

Lopi

If you already have the download but in .rar format, step by step, how would you change it into .iso and burn it onto a dvd-R. I am not very good at computers so please, if you can, make it with easy instructions.

Thank you

Lopi

The .iso is inside of the .rar, you just need a program like winrar (if your on windows) to extract the .iso out of the .rar archive. Then you can burn it

Thank you

Lopi

you just joined and not good with computers? and wanna install osx? you wont go far w your current knowledge level... better to get a real mac...

I think my main problem of not being able to boot into leopard after installing successfully is my many partitions etc...

But its not like i made those partitions..it came with my laptop and i don't know how to just make it into 2 plain partitions without corrupting my vista...

My disk management is like this..

1) A drive called eisa configuration...

2) ACER(C drive) where my vista is installed

3) DATA (D drive) where i plan to install leopard

4) And unallocated 3GB drive...(I don't know what is this...cant extend etc..)

So what should i do??

I been trying so long and can't get it to work...pls help someone...Anyone with good pc knowledge pls help...

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Asus A7N266VM

> Chipset : nVidia nForce

> Processor : AMD Athlon XP @ 2000 MHz

> Physical Memory : 1024 MB

> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6200

> Hard Disk : Maxtor (123 GB)

> Hard Disk : FUJITSU (60 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : DVDRW IDE1108 ATA Device

> Network Card : Nvidia Corp nForce Networking Adapter

> Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM4306(??) 802.11g Wireless NIC

I'm Using iAtkos v1.0i r3

dvd boots to press f8 then i do -v

starts loading then it does nothing

i tried the same dvd on my friends laptop and it go to the point of actually installing so dvd is good!!!

any help would be appreciated thanks

<<< System Summary >>>

I'm Using iAtkos v1.0i r3

dvd boots to press f8 then i do -v

starts loading then it does nothing

i tried the same dvd on my friends laptop and it go to the point of actually installing so dvd is good!!!

any help would be appreciated thanks

this guide is mainly for intel cpus only... iatkos will not work on amd cpu, you can try kalyway dvd (check post#2 for where to get files...) that will work on your system. But dont expect a propar guide from me as I dont have an AMD cpu... good luck... There are other topics and dvds for amd cpus such as Zephyroth AMD dvd search for it instead...

@|Mysticus C*

your Help Needed,

System Confg : -Intel C2D 6400

ASUS P5n32E-SLI

2GB Dualchannel 667Mhz DDRII RAM

XFX 7600GT Fatal1ty edition

Seagate 250Gb SATAII HD (6partitions=5NTFS+1FAT32)

WinXP SP2

Trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on the FAT32 partition

I have burnt the DVD at 4X speed,But when i boot i get the error 'Still waiting for Root Device'

Going through your nforce guide I came to know that this problem to be due to SATA HD.But how to convert the SATA to AHCI mode in my mobo.There is no such option in the bios.

You have said you successfully installed leopard using this mobo.Can you please provide the details?

@|Mysticus C*

your Help Needed,

System Confg : -Intel C2D 6400

ASUS P5n32E-SLI

2GB Dualchannel 667Mhz DDRII RAM

XFX 7600GT Fatal1ty edition

Seagate 250Gb SATAII HD (6partitions=5NTFS+1FAT32)

WinXP SP2

Trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on the FAT32 partition

I have burnt the DVD at 4X speed,But when i boot i get the error 'Still waiting for Root Device'

Going through your nforce guide I came to know that this problem to be due to SATA HD.But how to convert the SATA to AHCI mode in my mobo.There is no such option in the bios.

You have said you successfully installed leopard using this mobo.Can you please provide the details?

You have XP in system so I assume you are using MBR scheme... Which Can have max 4 primary partitions (you can exchange pri with secondaries as well, but total cannot exceed 4 in MBR) but when you have secondary partition, you can create as many logical partitions in it as you want...

when you created the partitions, you should be having 3 primary partition + 1 Extended (Secondary) Partition and that secondary partition should be devided into 3 additional partitions, that i understand from your explanations...

now the question is not ahci at the moment... the questions is which OS did you create the partitions? if within XP you created the above scheme, than what I think is like above, you have the 3+1(3 additional)=6 partitions or 1+1(5 additional) scheme you have...

Now first rule you need to know that OSX cant boot from the secondary partition (only from Primary) if there is no bootloader from a primary partition... what does it mean? OK check my example,

Scheme: 1st = Pri 2nd = Pri 3rd = Pri +++ 1 Secondary (1st logical 2nd logical 3rd logical== note that secondary partition can only create logical partitions)

Now as above if OSX is any of the first 3 partitions in Pri, doesnt matter the order (1st osx 2nd xp 3rd vista, or 1st vista 2nd osx 3rd linux, or whatever mixture u can think of) it will find the root and it will boot!

Now second rule you need to know is that OSX cant boot from a Primary partition if the primary partition is coming after a Secondary partition... what does it mean? confusing eh? lol it is not, when you read it carefully

Lets say, you made, 1st Pri 2nd Secondary 3rd Primary 4th Primary

in this example, you can make OSX be bootable only if it is installed in 1st partition... 2nd cant boot bcoz it is logical, 3rd and 4th cant boot bcoz they come after secondary...

if you got this one as well... you may by now, know why your OS cannot be booted?

@ Mysticus C

Partitioning scheme

2 Primary (1-xp 2- OS-X)

4 Logical

I understood your explanation and successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 (with all the default settings (except adium and vlc))

But the problem now is i get the apple bootscreen but can't get into the desktop.

i boot using "-v -x" command. and get the following errors (at last lines)

1>mdnsresponder couldn't read user specified computer name

2>applenforce ATA found 0 units         :angel:

3>"timed out waiting to write kernel symbols"

"Boot Cache avoidance timed out"   :hysterical:

it gets stuck at this point and i have to hardreset it.Please help me since the installation is over.

@ Mysticus C

Partitioning scheme

2 Primary (1-xp 2- OS-X)

4 Logical

I understood your explanation and successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 (with all the default settings (except adium and vlc))

But the problem now is i get the apple bootscreen but can't get into the desktop.

i boot using "-v -x" command. and get the following errors (at last lines)

1>mdnsresponder couldn't read user specified computer name

2>applenforce ATA found 0 units :rolleyes:

3>"timed out waiting to write kernel symbols"

"Boot Cache avoidance timed out" :wacko:

it gets stuck at this point and i have to hardreset it.Please help me since the installation is over.

before you install the kalyway, did you go into the disk utility to format the drive (partition) as OSX Journaled? or did you continue to install directly?

Has anyone found a solution to the network drivers giving out after extensive use....

I have tried a realtek 8139, and 8169 using 3 different drivers, and all give out eventually. It doesn't really seem use related, as sometimes I will have no traffic when they die, while other times I am transferring at 1.2mbps and they'll work fine.

I noticed this post confirms the problem that I am talking about. I noticed that Mysticus C* stated that the kernel was not the cause of the Ethernet lockups, but then I am wondering what else it could possibly be, two different dedicated NICs, using diff drivers...

Thanks for any help you guys can give... This is the LAST issue I have to be resolved before I have a completely working hackintosh.

before you install the kalyway, did you go into the disk utility to format the drive (partition) as OSX Journaled? or did you continue to install directly?

I used the disk utility and formatted the 2nd Primary Partition to Mac OSx Extended (Journaled)

i did each and every step exactly as mentioned in 

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

Is the drive letters responsible for this? Cause the one i formatted in disk utility was D:\ (primary)and back in windows i have an extended partition as D:\ (this i  created after Kalyway was installed )

I used the disk utility and formatted the 2nd Primary Partition to Mac OSx Extended (Journaled)

i did each and every step exactly as mentioned in

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

Is the drive letters responsible for this? Cause the one i formatted in disk utility was D:\ (primary)and back in windows i have an extended partition as D:\ (this i created after Kalyway was installed )

it is not the drive letters, but can be either your on board lan (if you choosed any driver for it like forcedeth?), or wrong driver choice for vga? I cant say for sure, unless you can provide pics of the boot process by booting with -v... also did you install with the settings I provided in the post#2? bcoz there are things over there to be unchecked as well...

pls give details to what you choosed during install?

also pics of boot process from start to where it gets stuck...

it is not the drive letters, but can be either your on board lan (if you choosed any driver for it like forcedeth?), or wrong driver choice for vga? I cant say for sure, unless you can provide pics of the boot process by booting with -v... also did you install with the settings I provided in the post#2? bcoz there are things over there to be unchecked as well...

pls give details to what you choosed during install?

also pics of boot process from start to where it gets stuck...

Mysticus C,

I installed the sleep kernel,with no graphic,audio selected in the kalyway customisation screen

The boot screen:   Bootscreen

Hope its sufficient for your analysis.If i need to install graphic/LAN drivers please provide the steps (or link)

post-248591-1216663863_thumb.jpg