kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have updated Kalaway 10.5.2 update without a hitch. I also went brave to install a ATI video update and now I'm sorry. I cannot get Quartz back online. I've tried to modify the original ATIX1000 file without success. Everything else is working except no acceleration.

Any Ideas?

post-87831-1203301746_thumb.png

post-87831-1203301775_thumb.png

Hello.

I just successfully update my OSX to 10.5.2 and installed original vanilla kernel on my Vaio

but my mouse tearing issue has still not been resolved.

Most likely won't install the graphics update as I heard it doesn't work well

with the Intel GMA 950 graphics card.

Ugh, same problem here. Have a Intel 3.2ghz single core, accoring to CPU-Z in Vista, supports SSE2 and SSE3, on a MSI PT880 board. I can get it to run with old Kernel but, it takes forever(5+ min, vs. old 1-2 min) to boot to the desktop, when it's there it works great (accept "About this Mac" logs me out, anyone ?). I did install the iAtkos 1.0ir2 when I first installed it, and used the Darwin X86 bootloader.

Any idea if there is a fix or hack for this ?

Anyone with the 5 minute boot lag should update to the new 9.2 Universal Speedstep Kernel located at netkas.org, and afterward replace the system.kext with the one in the Kalyway Combo update package- worked for me on a SSE2 - I'm sure it would work for you!

Hi all,

I have updated Kalaway 10.5.2 update without a hitch. I also went brave to install a ATI video update and now I'm sorry. I cannot get Quartz back online. I've tried to modify the original ATIX1000 file without success. Everything else is working except no acceleration.

Any Ideas?

Same here, I tried to replace OpenGL.framework from 10.5.1 but my computer not start more :(

After I started with -s (superuser) and returned to copy original OpenGL.framework.

When I restarted, miracle, core image and quartz extreme activated.

I not understand, but well, it work ;)

Currently running Kalyway 10.5.1, ran kaly's combo update, reboot, ran the kernel update, reboot, and ran the standalone graphics update linked somewhere a few pages back. Nearly everything working awesome, QE/CI on my 8800GT, shutdown/restart is fine, the only problems left are that:

(1) I can wake from sleep with the power button, but sometimes the system is frozen after doing so. Not a huge deal, I rarely use sleep.

(2) Leopard no longer sees my SATA drives at all, which is kind of important. It's installed on an external USB drive, so it sees it's own drive fine, but I assume there's a simple replace-this-one-kext-with-a-backup fix for that.

Use the patched kernel (NOT the vanilla kernel). The vanilla kernel will work only with C2D processor, and you are running a Pentium D. BTW, the P5LD2-VM is one of the best and easiest boards for Hack Mac.

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded to a Gigabyte P35-DS3L, an E6550 Core2Duo cpu with 2gb Corsair 800mhz ram. I sold my buddy the Pentium D and P5LD2-VM. He was a little worried about the update not working on that system. I knew it would, but he wanted some reassurance.

Chevy

my update via kalyway worked too, but now i get a graphics update on the apple update, do i download this ?

The online graphics update from Apple killed my video resolution setting capability.

My resolution is now stuck at 1024x768 on Intel D945GNTLKR mobo with GMA950

Hey there, just thought you might wanna know that "The Bay" is actually a huge chain-retail store in Canada :)

www.thebay.com

Hi there,

As I was browsing for info on the 10.5.2 update I stumbled upon a torrent on "The Bay"

The torrent is called "kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate" but there is not much info about it. Since I only have one Hackintosh at the moment testing this is not an option for me.

Can anyone confirm if it's good or not!?

Thanx in advance ;)

Hi all!

Here's my problem.

I had Leopard installed with iAtkos r3 for nforce mobo.

For my 8800GTS I had used the Geforce patch and the specific NvInject for my card (320Mb)

I've updated Leopard with kalyway update and I've applied the 9.2 kernel by Netkas.

All was fine.

So I've decided to install the graphic update from apple, and now I get a Kernel Panic.

I've not the log of the error here, however it refers to Geforce and Resman kext.

I've deleted my NNinject.kext, cleared the cache and I've installed new kext with the NvInstaller v.33 (link).

Same result.

I've read that someone has deleted Geforce and Resman kext to pass kernel panic.

Is this the solution for me?

What involve deleting those file?

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

I installed the update on a sse2 machine with the TOH 10.5.0. disk Installed.

I still had to run the video driver (fx5200 Nvidia), "about this Mac", and profiler patch from "XxX OSx86 10.4.11 Install Disc Rev 1.0 PPF1" So far runs pretty good, some programs like iCal crash, but still working on it.

Is the "natit 2.0" the best driver for that card?? :rolleyes:

I am a little disappointed, I could would have to spend $600 on a PC to run this perfect, or $220 on a processor upgrade for the G4 I bought off Ebay for $100.00 :P

Extremely quick question....

I updated to 10.5.2, everything went great. I rebooted and tried to update the kernel, now I'm stuck in an endless reboot. Is there a way to revert the kernel changes? I have the disc. Can I run something from terminal to fix this? Please help!

I had the same prob. I had updated using the software update option the first time around and had to rebuild the system. I did the Combo update and things were fine but then I did the kernel update and I got into the endless reboot. This time around I wanted not to rebuild the system - I do a dual quad boot and its a pain in the butt.

I had read somewhere that I should copy the mach_kernel from my CD to the hard drive. But being a noob I did not know how to list the devices, dirs etc.

What I did to eventually get things working:

Boot using the CD - I did not do anything like -s or whatever.

Once the install screen came up (after continue) I opened a Terminal from the menu.

Run:

diskutil list

This will list devices - for me my hard drive was disk0s3

Check that you can see files/dirs etc:

ls /Volumes/disk0s3/ to list files on my drive to make sure I could see the files

I use the iAtkos CD so the CD drive:

ls /Volumes/iAtkos... (what you can do is is type ls /Volumes/iA (Tab) case sensitive and the CD volume will get filled.

I copied mach_kernel using:

cp /Volumes/iAtkos.../mach_kernel /Volumes/disk0s3/mach_kernel (change disk0s3 to your drive)

Run repair permissions

diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/disk0s3/ (change drive disk0s3)

Reboot - It took a little while to reboot but everything ran fine after that.

Hope this helps

Hi all!

Here's my problem.

I had Leopard installed with iAtkos r3 for nforce mobo.

For my 8800GTS I had used the Geforce patch and the specific NvInject for my card (320Mb)

I've updated Leopard with kalyway update and I've applied the 9.2 kernel by Netkas.

All was fine.

So I've decided to install the graphic update from apple, and now I get a Kernel Panic.

Hi

Very similar here - iAtkos r3 for nforce mobo - clean install, updated to 10.5.2 used 9.2.0 speedstep_kernel. all fine.

Install the apple graphics update and get a KP - Although i can get in with -v -r -x cpus=1

I've not the log of the error here, however it refers to Geforce and Resman kext.

I'm more familar with win at the mo =/ Can you give me a pointer as to where I might find my KP logs and find out why mine is playing up?

Spotta

Did the same with my Dell D620. Works like a champ! Only question I have is with the kernel update, I noticed a folder with the original .KEXT files, do I need to apply those as well? Or are they just there as a curiosity?

I did not notice that folder in the kernel update. I did notice a folder like that in the combo update. I am not sure what they are though. Is everything working on your d620.

Installed the Graphic update and now i boot to nothing but a black screen. Reinstalling again. Since that update does not work is there any solution to the graphic tearing with a dell d620.

Does this update from Kalyway 10.5.1 -> 10.5.2 also update the EFI from v5 (10.5.1 package) to EFI v8?
Kalyway 10.5.1 iso should already include EFI v8. If you're referring to the bootloader, however, then no it does not. Sadly you still must keep your startup disk to one word unless you find a way to manually install a better version.

I've installed 10.5.1 on a Pentium D (no vanilla) and it works for the most part. I attempted to apply the new 10.5.2 update and I get through all the stuff mentioned like the few minutes of black until I get to the login screen. I enter my password and press login and the screen fades to the blue screen then after a few moments fades back to login. I've repaired the permissions of my Leopard partition through the install DVD and tried to boot from -v -s -x -f -legacy to no avail but sometimes -v or -s hang on the console. Either way I never made it past the login screen. Ideas?