kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

I have now installed iAtkos 1.0i r2 and updated my system with kalywayupdCombo10.5.2 and now I don't know which kernel to install. Can I install vanilla ?

edit: I chose modified kernel, and what I got was constantly rebooting system ... Is there a cure for this ?

CaptainNemo: From what I've seen the black screen is normal. It stays up for a few minutes then goes to the login screen.

patrykens: I see you have a Core processor, I believe that means you can use the vanilla kernel.

Anybody have any ideas on my problem?

yeah i have installed over 10.5.0, works fine, also have 9.2 kernel as well but not vanilla or modbin'si never got black screen but it made my pc reboot before it even got to the desktop, then it started fine.

I have now installed iAtkos 1.0i r2 and updated my system with kalywayupdCombo10.5.2 and now I don't know which kernel to install. Can I install vanilla ?edit: I chose modified kernel, and what I got was constantly rebooting system ... Is there a cure for this ?
mate both vanilla and modbins will not work for you, i have one that will go search for speedstep 9.2, there is 9.2 kernel file in that package, just replace mach_kernal its about 4.822mb then your OS will boot fine againit did the same to me

This worked perfectly on my system (specs in sig). After I installed the kalyway kernels mpkg the 2 minute boot delay was gone.

Everyone, the 2 minute boot delay goes away once you install the kalyway kernels mpkg. If you installed the kalyway combo update, DO NOT skip the kernels package even if you are using the netkas kernel because the kaly kernels package also installs some other important stuff too.

I just updated my iATKOS v1.0i 10.5.1

• Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 ComboUpdate
  • Rebooted
  • Repaired Permissions
  • Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 Vanilla Kernal Update
  • Rebooted
  • Repaired Permissions
  • Installed Apple Graphics Update
  • Rebooted

Everthing working 100%, Thank you Kalyway! :D

Everything except sleep. Monitors go blank and won't come back on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Gotta love this Kaly guy, we wouldn't be experiencing the leopard goodness right now on our generic PCs without him. :)

I did all the updates on my Kaly 10.5.1 install. I installed the combo, the kernel, and the graphics updates. Each time I did a repair permission in disk util before rebooting. On my GA-G33M-DS2R, it crashed on the first reboot after the combo update. But I let it boot up again and after a few minutes, it booted to the desktop. The kernel update reboot just fine. After the graphics update, it would not shut down completely, I had to manually press the power button on the case. I power it on and it booted to desktop just fine. So overall, great job once again Kaly!

i'm with 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 kaliway patch but i retrieve these errors and can't repair it :)

permissions for “Leopard”

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/mount_nfs" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SCHelper" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/scselect" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/umount" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/ping" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/ping6" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/route" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/netstat" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/traceroute" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "bin/rcp" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/setregion" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/login" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/lib/sa/sadc" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/chkpasswd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Group differs on "usr/bin/lppasswd", should be 0, group is 26.

Permissions differ on "usr/bin/lppasswd", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are -rwsr-xr-x .

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/lppasswd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/quota" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/traceroute6" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "usr/bin/rlogin", should be -rwsr-xr-x , they are -r-sr-xr-x .

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/rlogin" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/rsh" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/su" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/at" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/atq" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/atrm" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/batch" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chfn" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chpass" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chsh" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/newgrp" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/passwd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "usr/share/man/man1/atq.1.gz", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "usr/share/man/man1/atrm.1.gz", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "usr/share/man/man1/batch.1.gz", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "usr/share/man/man8/halt.8.gz", should be -r--r--r-- , they are lr--r--r-- .

Warning: SUID file "Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app/Contents/Resources/pmTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app/Contents/Resources/kcproxy" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.2.0.dylib", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Permissions repair complete

Before changes - pretty much ok

after combo update - 2 minute hang on booting

after kernel update - backup needed, because my system constantly reboots ...

2mins you are very lucky, mine is a bit over 5 minuten, but after booting everything works like breeze, so if anyone knows a way to caught the hang time down, please holla

2mins you are very lucky, mine is a bit over 5 minuten, but after booting everything works like breeze, so if anyone knows a way to caught the hang time down, please holla

applied the above gigabit stuff, i was able to shake a minute off

Anyone got one of these new kernels to work with a Pentium e2160?

I see the vanilla kernel is not compatible with Pentium D processors (which I believe includes my e2160) but the modbin kernel doesn't work for me either - just gives a kernel panic at boot.

Is it worth worrying about these kernels anyway? What benefits do they have over the standard kernel from Kalyway 10.5.1?

It worked great. Followed instruction on page 3. Everything was installed smoothly including vanilla kernel and graphics update. Sleep function works right too. I saw absolutely no problem during the update and after.

I have core 2 duo on intel D975XBX2 and XFX 7950GT.

Thanks Kalyway!

Hi all,

I'm a newbie of osx86.

Thanks to this topic and the replies,

I succeeded updating my 10.5 Leopard to 10.5.2 :(

Thanks Kalyway!

Here are my comp info :

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 oc@ 3G = 333*9

J&W IP35-Pro

RAM 1G*4 DDR2 667

Sapphire ATi 1950Pro 256MB

Seagate 160GB SATA

post-197788-1205951448_thumb.jpg

post-197788-1205951460_thumb.jpg

post-197788-1205951565_thumb.jpg

post-197788-1205951574_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I'm a newbie of osx86.

Thanks to this topic and the replies,

I succeeded updating my 10.5 Leopard to 10.5.2 :P

Thanks Kalyway!

Here are my comp info :

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 oc@ 3G = 333*9

J&W IP35-Pro

RAM 1G*4 DDR2 667

Sapphire ATi 1950Pro 256MB

Seagate 160GB SATA

Did you update the kernel too?

If so, which one?

Thanks

Did you update the kernel too?

If so, which one?

Thanks

I have tried to update the kernel too,

but it seems like fail, reboot repeatedly :(

I have no choice but to reinstall and update again ........

Now, I don't update the kernel and have my fun. :)

I have tried to update the kernel too,

but it seems like fail, reboot repeatedly :blink:

I have no choice but to reinstall and update again ........

Now, I don't update the kernel and have my fun. :)

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me, so it appears no kernel update works with the e2160.

Hello. I'm newbie and I have a problem. I installed Kalyway update, everything was all right and I decided to install new kernel. And now when I try to boot OSX it restarts when mac is booting (This white bootscreen with apple. It don't show any errors). I installed vanilla kernel and this second moded kernel and there was the same.

I have Hp Pavilion DV6654us with:

Intel GMA X3100

2GB DDR2 Ram

1x250GB WD HDD

Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1,5 GHz

Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC with chipset Intel Crestline-GM GM965

I installed in this computer Leopard iATKOS 1.0i R2. I have already installed in it windows Vista.

What am I to do?

When I install this patched version of Leopard I should install driver for my graphic and other patches or install it after installation of system?

And the last question: When I will connect to the Internet by hacked OSX my system will be locked when I will start to download updates?

Excuse me for my english but I hope You'll understand what i wanted to say.

Thanks for help.

EDIT:

If I want have Dual Boot whit windows Vista can I install Darwin EFI bootloader or I have to instal mbr bootloader?

Thanks for help

Ok I have just a few questions:

1. What is EFI

2. After I get the 10.5.2 Patch From Kalyway, Do I just Install The Graphics Update From Apple?

I'll be attempting to install the 10.5.2 update along with the kernel update. I shall return with the results later.

I have KayWay 10.5.1 running on a:

Dell Inspiron 8600

CPU is a Centrino 1.7G

Memory 1G

Disk 60gb 7200 ATA

NVidia GForce 5200

Broadcom 10/100 NIC

After installing the 1.5.2 ComboUpdate, Network interface wasn't working any more it kept saying no Link.

And the NVidia driver wasn't working anymore.

So I will go back to 10.5.1

GoodLuck to you all

iNeo

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of some help here. I am on 10.5.0 and installed using Kalyway 10.5.0 install. Everything works fine for me now. Now I need to make a move to 10.5.2 and when I try to install from this upgrade, on reaching the destination drive for this update, the installer says

"You cannot install Mac OS X Update Combined on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

I have tried to Repair the drive permissions and have rebooted several times but to no avail. Can anyone tell me anything that I might do to get this update ?

imageCapture.tiff

anyone with this 9.2.0 universal patched kernel had notice an insane adium X crashes?

Its impossible to make it running for more than one minute.

For people who having prob with the video signal after update to 10.5.2

I'd recommend to update for 9.2.0 vanilla or patched kernel (yes, one of those from package), by still in the 9.1.0 makes the long delay right? Here happened the same thing but more than damn 4 minutes and to make the system usable again I had to delete the nvinject.kext under -s bootup.

Otherside I will got the black screen of death forever...

Means? No gfx acceleration because I have to delete the kext, but usable 10.5.2 system

So, updating the kernel this delay goes out and the nvinject doesn't buggy anymore.

same here... adiumx crashes right after launch

did you solve this problem ?