HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

I found the Battery Indicator stuff in another post, it's the PowerManagement.bundle. I've attached below. You just need to replace /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle. Then reboot!

If you want the meter to show up the way I have it, you will need to Right-Click on the plug icon and change the settings.

And yes, your assumption is correct. Since there is no QE or Hardware Acceleration built in to the driver, no real goodies. For now we will all have to settle for the proper resolution.

PowerManagement.bundle.zip

i can play quicktime video's fine here guys. have you got the right codecs installed??

perian is what i've been using.

I thought the Quicktime codecs are built-in. My two other notebooks (Asus A8JS and G1) work fine with Quicktime but they have full hardware support for their Nvidia GO 7700 w/512MB VRAM.

Alex

hello everyone!

i have a toshiba Tablet R25

but i can't get any tablet functionallity!

could some one suggest a version of Mac (iatkos, kalliway or somethin!!) that would help me in the direction?

thanks!

Wow! You guys are quick with fixing issues. I wanted to be the one to fix everything. :( Anywayz, good job guys. All thats left is QE/CI support so I guess I get to working on that. ;)

Ubuntu is the best. I've been using it for 3 years. Can't wait for Hardy Heron to come out in 4 days. They fix a lot of issues that HP laptop had with Ubuntu, though I always manage to work around them. So it's gonna rock!!

Hello, fairly new here, but able to find my way around the mac enough to figure things out.

I just installed the leo4all 10.5.2 (dont know which version) on my tx1000 (and I feel stupid as hell abou there... I cant figure out WHICH one it is)

as far as I can figure out, it has no bluetooth devices. so scratch that. I have installed the leo4all atleast 17 times today alone...

I have givin up on ubuntu, opensuse, mandrivia, and gentoo as every time I try to install either... I have major issues, such as will install but wont boot to a UI at all... fails to install (gentoo) no matter what I do...and I just dont even want to think of open suse anymore... I have installed that one atleast 30 times... nothing... so here I am with leo.

I have leo working fine on my hp dv9000. no wifi tho, thats the only issue but I am okay with that :)

I downloaded the tx1000.zip, powermanagment.bundle and nForceethernetdriver just not, not gunna install them till morning tho. but I am reading that alot of you have gotten the wifi to work right off the bat, How? :D I feel kinda stupid for asking... It sees it, but wont find a wifi or connect even in manual settings.. anyone happen to have files they can upload for those of us that still cant seem to get it working? Thanks :)

~the very tired and confused at the moment... Kasa :)

Oh and WHERE do I find the macvidia files? or will that tx1000.zip file be the only thing I need? I will wait to install all this till I ge a reply just incase xD

Hello, fairly new here, but able to find my way around the mac enough to figure things out.

I just installed the leo4all 10.5.2 (dont know which version) on my tx1000 (and I feel stupid as hell abou there... I cant figure out WHICH one it is)

as far as I can figure out, it has no bluetooth devices. so scratch that. I have installed the leo4all atleast 17 times today alone...

I have givin up on ubuntu, opensuse, mandrivia, and gentoo as every time I try to install either... I have major issues, such as will install but wont boot to a UI at all... fails to install (gentoo) no matter what I do...and I just dont even want to think of open suse anymore... I have installed that one atleast 30 times... nothing... so here I am with leo.

I have leo working fine on my hp dv9000. no wifi tho, thats the only issue but I am okay with that :)

I downloaded the tx1000.zip, powermanagment.bundle and nForceethernetdriver just not, not gunna install them till morning tho. but I am reading that alot of you have gotten the wifi to work right off the bat, How? :D I feel kinda stupid for asking... It sees it, but wont find a wifi or connect even in manual settings.. anyone happen to have files they can upload for those of us that still cant seem to get it working? Thanks :)

~the very tired and confused at the moment... Kasa :)

Oh and WHERE do I find the macvidia files? or will that tx1000.zip file be the only thing I need? I will wait to install all this till I ge a reply just incase xD

Your hardware may be different so not everything we use/do may for you. On the first page of this post I have upload a set of instruction for installing leopard on a tx1000. Give it a shot and see if you can get a working wifi. Everything needed for from the macvidia is in the tx1000.zip. This may or may not work for you depending on your hardware.

Lastly, Ubuntu rocks! Don't give up on it or linux in general. I've been using it for years and it has been so so good to me. :) If you need help with Ubuntu, message me at Ubuntuforums. I have the same name.

Hope you get Leopard running and everything works for you. Let us know how it goes!

Well on the install screen there is always "Leo4All" on the bottom of the Apple Installer dialogs!

In the v2 version, there is a red V2 near Leo4All!

So my suggestion is, that you have the wrong version (v1) where just "Leo4All" is under the dialogs.

Edit: i made a package and a little howto with all the drivers posted in this thread!

http://rapidshare.com/files/109234954/tx1000Pack.zip

Have fun with it :rolleyes:

PS.: Maybe this will help us too with the QE/CI problem: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.p...=quartz+extreme

Other guide: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.p...fxdriver+bundle

And we should keep the NVDANV30Hal.kext and not the 40, because the 30 is for our card series!

the_29, just out of interest, are you dual booting? i decided to get my laptop set up with vista and leopard and since then have had no working sound. the files are in the extensions folder, the just wont load. it was never a problem when leo was the only OS on there. and nice work everyone, we've made a lot of progress. i think maybe our next step is to play around with NVDANV30Hal, does anyone know where to get this? it's not in my extensions folder. i want to look into speedstepping too to improve battery life and eventually screen rotation to get a similar thing going to vista when you fold the screen down. and could someone possibly PM me their copy of touchkit please? i've been using the one from the link and it really doesn't work for me. any luck with the booting from power? i've searched the forums, i remember seeing stuff about it a long while back with other laptops but can find nothing now!!

cheers guys and keep up the good work.

regards,

Marc

Dl the 1000pack.zip! There is a copy of the TouchKit installer and a link for other touch sw and other OS!

I found some video kexts here: http://rapidshare.com/files/109210885/leo_vid_kexts.zip there is also the NVDANV30Hal.kext in the zip file! (and many others)

And, yes i have a dual boot! Windows Vista on first primary partition and Leo4Allv2 on the second primary partition! I boot via the Vista Bootloader! Do you really think that the sound problem is a result of dual boot?! But why? And when you install the codec.dump via AppleHDAInstaller can you make a screenshot? I have NO pathmap Ids!!

In this screenshot you see IDs detected in pathmap section: http://www.777kb.com/vimg/Bild_13.png

But when i use my codec dump and the installer 1.20 i have NO ids in pathmap! Nothing! "Just speaker:"

So i think he cannot detect the correct id´s with my codec dump! Dunno why!

But when YOU make a dual boot and the installer is also not able to detect the correct id´s but the installer detected the right IDs on just Mac OS Single boot, it is maybe a dual boot bug?!

So can you please test it? (installing with appleHDAPatcher 1.20 and your codec dump file?)

For faster response my ICQ#: 83043730

i'm not sure. i was using the files i posted in the tx1000.zip file. they worked fine giving me built in speaker and mic up until i installed vista. i'm thinking maybe vista initiates something in the hardware or turns something on or off? i used to have a different laptop where something (i can't remember what) didn't work unless you did something in XP first. just thinking this might be a possibility. and we have the exact same dual boot setup. sounds a little too weird to be coincidence.

Marc

OH dont get me wrong, I have been useing linux for years myself, I am just no guru at it. for some reaso nevery amd build I use with linux doesnt work on the tx1000, and as far as OSs go I have ben around the block xD I had an old computer that was tripple boot XP, Ubuntu and suse. my ps3 has ran ydl, and gentoo, I just dont mess with it, I got a really really old computer where the CPU is in the mhz :/ that one runs xubu. this laptop (HP dv9000) runs kalaway 10.5.2 and ubuntu studio on an external harddrive.

and I may have not been clearn I did get leo working on the xt1000, its just certain things you guys get runing out of the box, I cant seem to get running. I wish I could figure out what hardware I have. any way to do that in leo? I bought it off a guy in the barracks for $200, he had vista and downloaded to many file share programs and more or less killed it, wouldnt even boot anymore, I had five minutes with it and had vistax64 on it, and been working on it sense to get other OSs on it, I want to give it to my fiance before I ship out in a few months. then she tells me she wants to use mac ... so that was a pain after all that work xD andways I will use the kext helper to install the tx1000 files. thank you :D I will let you guys know if it works.

as long as the ethernet works.. or the wifi I am happy, either one is good with me :D

~Kasa

installed the kext for the first xt1000.zip rebooting now hopeing it works, but as far as the wifi goes, I just thought of this, is it possible for someone to pull the drivers ir what ever files needed to get it to work off the iso and package them for others? I am off to work now x.x; gunna be a long day. makeing a quick glance at it booting... its hanging for along time now

its hanging on... Keyboardviewer, systemUIsever.app ... saying something about how they should no longer be depricated. no clue what that means :rolleyes:

Well!

But even when i boot up Feora Core Linux 8 CD and play sound with it, i have no sound on vista!

I´ll make a TRIPPLE boot with Windows XP Tablet PC! (hopefully not destroing anything) and test the sound card after booting XP!

And i read sth, about that windows leaves the sound card in a strange state! I could also try taking out the battery and wait some time :)

@TsukasaTiger: Use Leo4AllV2! KalyWay detects the network cards, but you are not able to find any WLAN! I think the most of us here use Leo4AllV2! So the best way is, to install this Mac OS distribution and not kalyway or zephyroth!