979 posts in this topic

Played about some more...

Seems my wifi won't wake up when probed by forcedeth:(

Is drunk posting allowed on this forum?

Heh:

"..Is drunk posting allowed on this forum?.."

Sure why not. As long as you are not hallucinationg about QE/CI support

;):D

Yes indeed heat seems to be a problem...

Alex

Hey all, I'm new here.

First wanted to say thanks for everyone's work on this project. I have my tx1000 running vista and leopard. Following all your instructions I have most of it working, including sound with volume control.

@the_29

You said awhile back that after getting audio working, your webcam didn't work anymore in skype. did you get that fixed? because the webcam still works in skype for me actually. Didn't test mic yet.

Also, the only main issue I'm having right now is not being able to play movies or video. I installed the kext's from the_29's tx1000pack AND removed the IONDRVSupport.kext, but VLC, quicktime, and DVD player all crash still when I try to play movies (I tried an actual DVD and an avi file.) Any ideas??

Thanks again guys. All we really need now is for the ACPI battery boot issue to be resolved! =P

-mbliu

P.S. @ SlickBond,

I got that HFS+ partition error before too. The first time I thought I had screwed up the entire partition table so I reinstalled Vista (which was fine because I had been planing on doing so anyway). But I got the same error upon installing Leopard again. I found this and it worked: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33216 . You may need to download an .iso for a Vista recovery disc. The hp recovery discs don't have the necessary utilities...

@mbliu: I think i damaged my webcam with some corrupt kexts! So i reinstalled Leov2 new and since then i have webcam and mic (but no sound control).

I have collected some files for a new package (include 2 different sound kexts, one with no mic but working sound control and one with mic but not working sound control).

I hope i have time today, to load it up!

But it is strange that you cannot play moveis after remove the IONDRVSupport.kext! You installed the graphics driver from the package and changed the screen resolution?

Next week i will get my USB to DVI Adapter: http://www.displaylink.com/technology_applications.html

Maybe it can enable QE/CI for the other screen (i think not, but currently there are mac drivers http://www.displaylink.com/mac_beta_drivers.html and i hope HDCP is working on DVI, because i bought a x360 HD DVD drive (for 10€) but i have no DVI output for my HDTV)

Hey all, I'm new here.

First wanted to say thanks for everyone's work on this project. I have my tx1000 running vista and leopard. Following all your instructions I have most of it working, including sound with volume control.

@the_29

You said awhile back that after getting audio working, your webcam didn't work anymore in skype. did you get that fixed? because the webcam still works in skype for me actually. Didn't test mic yet.

Also, the only main issue I'm having right now is not being able to play movies or video. I installed the kext's from the_29's tx1000pack AND removed the IONDRVSupport.kext, but VLC, quicktime, and DVD player all crash still when I try to play movies (I tried an actual DVD and an avi file.) Any ideas??

Thanks again guys. All we really need now is for the ACPI battery boot issue to be resolved! =P

-mbliu

P.S. @ SlickBond,

I got that HFS+ partition error before too. The first time I thought I had screwed up the entire partition table so I reinstalled Vista (which was fine because I had been planing on doing so anyway). But I got the same error upon installing Leopard again. I found this and it worked: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33216 . You may need to download an .iso for a Vista recovery disc. The hp recovery discs don't have the necessary utilities...

And QE/CI support along with the ACPI battery issue.

Alex

@the_29

Yeah I don't know why movies won't play. I installed the three kext's from the package and removed (as in moved out of the Extensions folder into a backup folder?) the IODRMSupport.kext. All video players still crash =(. Actually, to be more specific, VLC and Quicktime crash "unexpectedly," but DVD player instead gives an error message:

"There was an initialization error:

A valid video device could not be found for playback [-70017]"

Shrug.

:edit: Oh also, did anyone get bluetooth working? I can't detect any bluetooth hardware in Leo.

Well as i said, everything works fine except QE/CI and the battery boot issue!

Bluetooth is working (i have connected a MS mouse via bluetooth), sound (i tested the mic with skype some minutes ago), lan and the card reader is also working. (webcam and touchscreen too)

The finger print reader is the only thing which doenst work at all..

Hrm. The only differences I see between where I'm at and where you're at are:

-My mic doesn't work but I have volume control (understandable, using different kext's)

-I cannot play movies (weird...)

-I can't detect my bluetooth (maybe a hardware difference? I bought my custom so it doesn't fit any particular model number)

Maybe I'll do a reinstall sometime next week...

Hrm. The only differences I see between where I'm at and where you're at are:

-My mic doesn't work but I have volume control (understandable, using different kext's)

-I cannot play movies (weird...)

-I can't detect my bluetooth (maybe a hardware difference? I bought my custom so it doesn't fit any particular model number)

Maybe I'll do a reinstall sometime next week...

No DVD playing until QE/CI works. You can play movies ripped to divx or mp4.

Alex

OK I installed leo4allv2 and I was using my Sprint EVDO USB modem today to get to the Internet at work. Everything was nice and stable all day long. I even ran neoffice for about 6 hours editing my resume, no problems at all. Then I come home and use my 802.11 network and after about 2 hours Firefox starts crashing and timing. I am very sure it's the 802.11 kext or the ACPI kext that is causing my wireless card to stop working after a certain byte count. Any ideas?ThanksAlexAlswo I am getting a kernel panic on shutdown. Seems to be the bluetooth driver.

@Alex

Well, I finally got some instability as well. I installed VMWare Fusion and was running XP inside of Leopard in a VM. I started downloading SP3 to update the XP install, and let it sit over my lunch break. When I came back Leopard was frozen and the SP3 download was only about 3/4 of the way done. I think it's a Byte Count issue with the WiFi kext. And I second the motion of a Sticky!

Good News!

I convinced an old friend of mine to develop and compile a completely new driver specifically for the Nvidia GO 6150. He just completed an Open source Nvidia driver for linux so he knows what he's doing. Expected date of completion is late July to early August (if all goes well and he has time; seeing that is he doing the work a whole team should be working on).

We also need a name the project. Any suggestions are welcome. The only name w have come up with is NVidHack Go 6150

Also, this doesn't mean that we should stop trying to resolve the QE/CI. I honestly cant wait till August and if he fails... :)

How do u dual boot, with vista and leopard. i partioned the hard drive installed leopard but when it restarts it only gives me option of Vista to load.

If you want to dual boot with XP/2003/2000. You will need to download tboot from here.

If you want to Dual Boot with Vista try this (I assume you have OSX installed as well as Vista, and you can currently boot in to Vista)

Download EasyBCD 1.51 it lets you add multiple Operating Systems to your boot loader.

Add-Remove%20Entries.png

Run Easy BCD and add OSX to the Bootloader

You will need to go in to Diagnose (Should be in Advanced Options), and choose the Disk Location I have mine installed on Disk0 Partition2, If you have Vista installed on your first partition that should be fine. Otherwise, change the partition to match your particular setup.

I hope this helps out...

Good News!

I convinced an old friend of mine to develop and compile a completely new driver specifically for the Nvidia GO 6150. He just completed an Open source Nvidia driver for linux so he knows what he's doing. Expected date of completion is late July to early August (if all goes well and he has time; seeing that is he doing the work a whole team should be working on).

We also need a name the project. Any suggestions are welcome. The only name w have come up with is NVidHack Go 6150

Also, this doesn't mean that we should stop trying to resolve the QE/CI. I honestly can wait till August and if he fails... :angel:

Wow good news.

Well my TX1410 has become completely unstable with everything crashing. So I went and installed Arch Linux 64bit and it has problems booting past the USB or UDEV devices after installing.....I give up. When I boot of the live cd all is fine..

*sigh*

Alex

BTW I am on 1.D of the BIOS

Hey Guys.

Thanks for all your help! i have a compaq presario v6340eu, i had the wireless and sound working when i first installed kalaway 10.5.2 intel/amd and didnt select any drivers on the install and i had everything going execpt USB and resolution. but after reading though your posts i have manage to get my nvidia go 6150 going but i have to now boot with -v, also when i play videos now at full screen 1440x900 i get it going all jolty and i have also tryed it in the other resolutions and it does the same... also is there anyway i can make it boot with -v automatically so i dont have to keep puttin it in?

Thanks agen all!

also just to add when i installed with kalaway 10.5.2 i had to use -f -v to boot the cd to install and then just dont select any drivers as everything works without just not usb, ehernet and wireless. hope that helps.

Well I was able to get Arch Linux x86_64 to become bootable and stable with the folowing kernel options on the GRUB boot line:

noapic nolapic

Seems to have stopped the boot problems.

Alex

@American Yellow

Great News!!! If there is anything I can do to help please let me know, I'm not a developer but will do anything I can. Also, the name sounds good to me!!!

@Alex Green

To make your install boot automatically with -v you need to edit your com.apple.boot.plist file. It is located here: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. There will be a section that looks like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

Edit it so it looks like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string>

and you should be good to go. You may also want to try to add the -legacy flag when you boot to see if that get's you anywhere, if it helps out you can edit your put it right next to the -v flag (-v -legacy) and add that to your boot as well. There is more info on the Darwin Bootloader here.

P.S. The "going all jolty" is because we don't have QE/CI support, eventually we should have it fixed but it is going to be a challenge.

@All tx2000 Users

Wacom released a new driver/software package for their Penabled Tablets on OSX, but it doesn't work on the tx2000. Sorry, no calibration as of yet, but I'm still working on finding a solution.

I recently got a tx1000z(specs at the bottom of post) and here are my experiences with the hardware compatibility under Leopard AMD 10.5.1 dvd floating around.

Right now i am dualbooting Windows XP(Tablet + Media Center) and Leopard with 2 partitions of equal size.

I plan to continually update this thread with new information as it comes available. Please post if you have a peice of hardware working i will update this post. I will also continue to test and try to get what i can working. Thanks in adavance for any help or guidance anyone can offer. If i left out any hardware devices working or not please let me know. Thanks

I beleive the Touchscreen TouchKit driver below hasn't been posted before because i had to find it on my own. it makes our touchscreen 100% accurate with a calbiration utility. it is very nice

My main priorities are 1280x800 resolution, working audio, and wireless(almost there i think)

also there is a bug on statup when it displayed "ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)" i have to hit my power button or else it will just sit there on bootup. if i hit the power button it will continue to startup and work normally

Working:

NForce MCP51 SATA - Works using new AppleNForceATA.kext Guide to inserting AppleNForceATA.kext into DVD

HardDisk - works with the nforce sata driver

DVD drive - works with the nforce ata driver

5 in 1 media card reader - Works Immediately (only tested SD card)

USB 2 - Works Immediately

Remote Controll - The volume ajustment keys are recognized by the system but no audio. The directional keys and ok button are received by the system seem to work like the directionals on the keyboard

Broadcom Bluetooth - Works Immediately

Webcam - Works Immediatelty

Touchscreen - Works Immediately but couldn't calibrate - Fully working with Calibration using touchkit driver HERE INFO Just install the package the then run touchkit to calibrate the screen

Touchpad - Works after installing ApplePS2 kexts from Install DVD

Keyboard - Works Immediately

Battery Meter - Works with this the attachment from this thread

Partially Working:

Broadcom 802.11 - Recognized after install but can't detect or connect to any wireless ap

Realtek ALC861VD(ALC862) - Got it working using TarugaALC862Installer1.zip or TarugaALC862Installer2.zip from AppleHDA thread HERE. The install packages didn't work so i had to manually install as described HERE. Internal speakers and built in mic work. head phones ports don't work. haven't tested microphone input. Volume keys up and down don't adjust volume but are recognized by the system. mute/unmute button works but stays red like it muted even when its not.

Ethernet - got it working shortly with forcedeth-nock.kext but then when i tried to download a file it crashed and now its not functional again. trying to troubleshoot the problem but i beleive the driver itself is fairly unstable.

Not Working:

Geforce 6150 - I had to remove all Ge* kexts out of my extensions or else i would get a panic on boot. tried macvidia Version 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.0.81 and couldn't get any to work. i read only 1.0.7 is the only one that works with 6150 but couldn't get it working. a 1024x768 on some basic driver is all i can get working.

HP QuickLaunch Buttons - Nothing seems to be working.

Fingerprint Scanner - Recognized by system(might just need software)

56k Modem - Not recognized

Untested:

External Monitor + S-Video Output

My Specs:

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-60 (2.0GHz / 1MB)

12.1" 1280x800 w/Integrated Touch-screen

2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support

NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6150

802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth - Broadcom chipset

6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

HP Imprint Finish + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam

Hi! have a TX 1140 ea (european z) Leo4all v.3, and I can't get my touchpad coming up on boot..sometimes it does , sometimes it doesn't, and if it doesn't it won't boot into Leopard!! Can you tell me what you did to get it 100% on boot please? Can't find the applePS2 kext fron install dvd so if you could tell me exactly where they are ........

My ethernet is working well (forcedeth-v)but even though wifi says it's on it does not find any networks so I use a usb dongle there and it works fine :P . Battery meter and power management working well and sound using Azalia is good.

Have a nice Sunday!