Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

Please, help !

Installed 10.5.2 on D630.

Wifi, Sound are ok.

But still can't get full resolution with Nvidia Quadro NVS 135m.

Now things run with 1024x768x32.

Tried some kexts, nvinstallers. No luck.

By the way, while in BIOS, Dell says that the only video adapter is a Intel Crestline...

Should Quadro NVS 135m be seen in BIOS ?

God bless this forum.

Run software update, and see if leopard graphics update is listed. If so, install it, and then install nvkush (found earlier in this thread) and reboot. Things should work (according to others) after that.

None worked (((

Suspicious is that when in BIOS, there's no GMA or NV card recognized...

All that mentioned in BIOS ( A12 ) regarding video controllers is a Intel Crestline...

While booting, I see GM965 / PM965 / 8 Mb / VESA

Does it mean, that GFX accelerator is not installed ?

Leopard Graphics Update gives blue screen after boot, then Black Screen...

Please, help !

God bless this forum !

None worked (((

Suspicious is that when in BIOS, there's no GMA or NV card recognized...

All that mentioned in BIOS ( A12 ) regarding video controllers is a Intel Crestline...

While booting, I see GM965 / PM965 / 8 Mb / VESA

Does it mean, that GFX accelerator is not installed ?

Leopard Graphics Update gives blue screen after boot, then Black Screen...

Please, help !

God bless this forum !

When you ran windows with your laptop, did it recognize that you had a discrete graphics card installed? If not, then you may have a hardware issue.

weird issue just popped up. I can not seem to get disk utility to run. When ever I start it I notice an icon start to show up on the dockbar but then it vanishes. I have run a repairpermissions from the command line and rebooted and disk utility just will not start.

Has anyone seen this before?

weird issue just popped up. I can not seem to get disk utility to run. When ever I start it I notice an icon start to show up on the dockbar but then it vanishes. I have run a repairpermissions from the command line and rebooted and disk utility just will not start.

Has anyone seen this before?

I've never seen it happen before, probably a corruption in some data. The easiest way to fix it would be to reinstall os x.

D830 nvidia 140 graphics works with iatkos v4 10.5.4 without switching NV*.kext to pre 10.5.3. NVInject doesn't give accelleration but brings up the right resolution, however NVKUSH works as expected. Sound, PCMCIA and so forth seems to work like before after applying the patches and kexts.

First, I must give my thanks to roneil4.

And, please forgive me for my poor English.

I have a Dell D630

2GHz Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7250

1 GB ram

NV Quadro NVS 135

Dell Wireless 1390 Card (Broadcom 4311 Chipset based)

Broadcom NetXtreme 5755M Gigabit Ethernet

Sigmatel 9205 Sound Card

well, I installed my Leopard with iATKOS 4i(10.5.4).

the driver of NV card, i using NVinstaller v.52. Just install it and reboot. the driver of this card is OK.

the driver of 9205, i using the version of roneil4. and then i heard the sound comes from speakers. It's cool.

but, the shutdown and sleep bugs still exist.

i tried roneil4's sleep patch, but after I replace those files and reboot, I can not look the login screen. it freeze before login window, and i just get a blank blue background.

Some posts say, both intel speedstep and NV card can led to these bugs.

maybe I need try install the iATKOS r2(10.5.2), and upgrade to 10.5.4 follow this post.

D830 nvidia 140 graphics works with iatkos v4 10.5.4 without switching NV*.kext to pre 10.5.3. NVInject doesn't give accelleration but brings up the right resolution, however NVKUSH works as expected. Sound, PCMCIA and so forth seems to work like before after applying the patches and kexts.

People seem to get mixed results with the new kexts, but it sounds like nvkush works well and NVInject doesn't work so well.

First, I must give my thanks to roneil4.

And, please forgive me for my poor English.

I have a Dell D630

2GHz Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7250

1 GB ram

NV Quadro NVS 135

Dell Wireless 1390 Card (Broadcom 4311 Chipset based)

Broadcom NetXtreme 5755M Gigabit Ethernet

Sigmatel 9205 Sound Card

well, I installed my Leopard with iATKOS 4i(10.5.4).

the driver of NV card, i using NVinstaller v.52. Just install it and reboot. the driver of this card is OK.

the driver of 9205, i using the version of roneil4. and then i heard the sound comes from speakers. It's cool.

but, the shutdown and sleep bugs still exist.

i tried roneil4's sleep patch, but after I replace those files and reboot, I can not look the login screen. it freeze before login window, and i just get a blank blue background.

Some posts say, both intel speedstep and NV card can led to these bugs.

maybe I need try install the iATKOS r2(10.5.2), and upgrade to 10.5.4 follow this post.

All I can tell you is that you really can't use speedstep with this system. The speedstep kernel doesn't work with sleep, so you will never get that working. And it also causes problems with other things. You need to select vanilla kernel in the installer.After that things should be fine.

Thanks for this awesome guide!!!

I've successfully installed iATKOS v4 using this guide. I did not have to change anything besides ignoring the bit about updating to 10.5.4. Oh yes, and I also switched the included AppleHDA kext with the "Number 2" version from this post.

Because it made my internal microphone work.

But no external speakers. Line in, headphones, volume +/- buttons, mute button all work fine.

The other note I want to make is that I tried to get two-finger scrolling working... eventually I did, but it was glitchy. AND it broke sleep and made login take a very long time. So I will live without that for now.

I hope we get this audio working soon!

Thanks for this awesome guide!!!

I've successfully installed iATKOS v4 using this guide. I did not have to change anything besides ignoring the bit about updating to 10.5.4. Oh yes, and I also switched the included AppleHDA kext with the "Number 2" version from this post.

Because it made my internal microphone work.

But no external speakers. Line in, headphones, volume +/- buttons, mute button all work fine.

The other note I want to make is that I tried to get two-finger scrolling working... eventually I did, but it was glitchy. AND it broke sleep and made login take a very long time. So I will live without that for now.

I hope we get this audio working soon!

By external speakers, do you mean internal speakers? Because the headphone jack is where external speakers would have to hook up. Also, I think your link may be broken, but I assume you were trying to link to post 129. That kext has been around for a while, and the kext I have posted here is one that I modified myself, but it is based on one of paulo's earlier kexts. I chose this kext because I find internal speakers to be more important than mute or the internal mic, and everything but mute and the internal mic work w/ my modified kext. I guess I should include both in the guide and give the user a choice though. I could probably get everything working, but I don't have the time to do it, and I don't feel that these two (mute and mic) matter very much. If u need the mic, you can buy a headset off of newegg for 2-3 dollars, and use it w/ the line in port. I use this for skype calling and it works very well. If a lot of people want mute and the internal mic working I'll do it, so if you really want these two things, try to get other people to post here saying they want mute/mic.

Also, I had the same problem as you with 2 finger scrolling, I don't thing its worth it to use.

And lastly, its always great to hear that another osx86 setup is (mostly) successful!

Just to give the D830 users out there a heads up I got the 140m Quadro working with Full CI/QE support...made a post in the Video Card Driver section.

I think many other users here have had that working for a while, but I haven't gotten around to adding it to the guide. I probably can this weekend tho....

Hi All, Yes the iATKOS 4, installs beautifully.

I have tried to install this on a Dell D830 with the GM965 / PM965 / 8 Mb / VESA, it is not a hard ware error. Intel was so kind as to write drivers for windows, that enables it to use any size from 8mb to 300+ for graphics mem, as the OS requires it. I havent been able to find drivers for this in Mac OS X, i think mac requires its memmory to be set and not updates as the system requires it.

Is there any one with more information on this?

Can anyone please help?

Thanks for the guide, I am up and running with 10.5.4 here. My only issue is the horrible performance from the NVS 135 video card. I know there is no real driver written for the 8400m-gs line of cards, but this is barely passable. Here's hoping for a better driver soon.

Can confirm that the iAtkos 4.0i release (10.5.4) installs perfectly on the D630. You have to do a little work like always to get things such as sound and accelerated video. Wifi works out of the box.

Tip..before you reboot after installing go into Terminal (or if you miss it single user mode) and delete the AppleIntelGMA kexts. This will allow you to complete installation without using an external monitor. Once you have installation completed and you have got your preferred method of sleep setup THEN use kext helper to reinstall those kexts.

my D630 with nvidia Quadro 135M

i have tryed (downloaded iso and burn)

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

and

iATKOS_4i

both are not working.

with kalyway i getting stuck at begin. (black like dos screen)

with iATKOS_4i I come to the installation but at some point the installation progress bar stops, and my D630 restarts.

and now i m booting from hard drive but it boots forever.

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/i110201_034.jpg

what to set for drivers and how to install

please help.

By external speakers, do you mean internal speakers?

If a lot of people want mute and the internal mic working I'll do it, so if you really want these two things, try to get other people to post here saying they want mute/mic.

Also, I had the same problem as you with 2 finger scrolling, I don't thing its worth it to use.

YES YES YES! I would love to have a new kext for mic AND speakers. And yes, by external speakers, I meant the internal speakers of the laptop. I just said the wrong thing (thinking about headphones).

Right now, I made two folders, one called "activateMicrophone" and one called "activateSpeakers". When I want to switch, I just pop open kext helper, drag one to it, and reboot. Tedious, but at least it works.

And yes, I meant post #129.

One other thing: sleep only works if I hold my finger over the light sensor on the panel before I choose sleep from the apple menu. Otherwise, it pretends to sleep, but wakes right back up.

Question: is there a reason why the interface seems sluggish, even with hardware acceleration? I also have low xbench / geekbench scores compared to a real macbook (which seems to have very similar hardware).

and

iATKOS_4i

both are not working.

with iATKOS_4i I come to the installation but at some point the installation progress bar stops, and my D630 restarts.

please help.

I would use iATKOS and use no video option to install.

Is anyone have flaky sleep support? Sometimes my laptop will sleep, sometimes it just wakes right back up. Could this be a particular program causing this?

and

iATKOS_4i

both are not working.

please help.

If you have iATKOS installed (I can't tell from your post if you do or not), try booting with "rd=disk0s2" if using EFI, and "rd=disk0s1" if not. With mine, I think I may have had to type in the first one the FIRST TIME I rebooted after the initial install.... also, us the "-v" switch when you boot to actually get some diagnostic errors.

Hello, I was able to get the WiFi working!!!!!!! I try my PCMCIA WiFi card from my other old laptop. It is a "DYNEX Notebook Card Enhanced Wireless G. Model i Think... P11827. It is working out of the box no extra drivers. Just insert it and config your Airport. It works for me with my Latitude D630 and iAtkos 4i 10.5.4. You can buy this at bestbuy store for about 35 to 45 $. You have to install the PCMCIA driver from this post first.

I hope this can help you to.

Tinokizis.

Del D630

Core 2 Duo 2.0

2GB memory

DVD-RW

80GB HDD

Mac os X86 iAtkos 4i

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitiude 630 but I think its the variant with the built in Intel graphics adapter (Intel GM965)

I am trying to install using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD but it gets stuck at the following error right at the start.

"Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Nabeel

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitiude 630 but I think its the variant with the built in Intel graphics adapter (Intel GM965)

I am trying to install using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD but it gets stuck at the following error right at the start.

"Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Nabeel

I have that laptop and video card and I was not able to get the 10.5.2 Cd to work for me. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 CD and then followed the instructions for updating to 10.5.4 and things work great.

I have that laptop and video card and I was not able to get the 10.5.2 Cd to work for me. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 CD and then followed the instructions for updating to 10.5.4 and things work great.

Hey Phil,

Thanks for sharing that... now I won't waste any more time trying to figure out how to make it work :wacko:

btw, do you have the ethernet/WiFi and vga working with 10.5.1 (and later the 10.5.4 update)?

(I dont have ethernet working on my NC 6400 - which renders it more or less unusable :S)

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Nabeel

Try to use the 10.5.1 dvd if you can. 10.5.3 (and 10.5.2 with leopard graphics update) causes many problems for the gma x3100 (same as GM965). After installing 10.5.1 you can upgrade to 10.5.4.

Hey Phil,

Thanks for sharing that... now I won't waste any more time trying to figure out how to make it work :P

btw, do you have the ethernet/WiFi and vga working with 10.5.1 (and later the 10.5.4 update)?

(I dont have ethernet working on my NC 6400 - which renders it more or less unusable :S)

Sorry, but this thread can't help you much with that laptop model. Every laptop model is slightly different (different hardware configurations, etc.), but the d630 and d830 use the exact same chipset and hardware, so they are basically identical (besides screen size). I don't have any experience with an HP NC 6400, but here probably is a thread somewhere on this site about this particular laptop.