New MacBook Pros Soon?

Numberzz

60 posts in this topic

I love the new black keyboard though. I'm not so sure what everyone likes about the old aluminum keys though.

It doesn't have to be black, per se... but I like the new Apple keyboard layout. Period.

I find I do less typos on it than any other keyboard.

don't worry the drive stays, and if it changes- it will be a blu-ray.

mba drive was removed for weight and thinness, which a pro machine does not need to worry about as much.

yes this photo is a speculation/mockup, that's why there is a question sign behind it.

also since everything these days needs to be environmental, that is probably one big thing they'll be focusing on, like with mba.

probably that genius touchpad also because, why not. and the new keyboard, in black yes !

by the way i'd love to see the white plastic go !!

fun speculating some more but lets wait till the event. they say its on the 26th.

Frankly spoken, how often do you use your optical drives of your laptops (Macbooks/MBPs) when you're not using it at home? I guess you don't need it very often! So, if it's not about saving weight or battery power (because an optical drive which isn't used doesn't need much energy, right?) it is about the place you gain in the device, so you could easily install a second hard drive in it or make place fpr a second battery. Of course, as I said before, I don't think this will happen, but I'd rather have a drive bay for another HDD than an internal optical drive. And I don't think it is very likely the new MBP will have BluRay as long as the displays don't have Full HD (1080p) resolution such as the 17" models already do. I always wanted the 15" model to do the same resolution, but as Apple disappointed me in the past I don't think they will introduce it now (I already thought of buying a LCD panel which does have this resolution and then mount it in my MBP, but I don't want to void the warranty!).

As for the keyboard: at first I thought that the black keyboard doesn't fit in the rest of the product line, since the MacBooks and the external aluminium keyboards both have white keys. But then I thought maybe it's just looking more noble than white keys together with the aluminium case (well, that doesn't seem to make sense you might say, actually I can't explain it differently). I wish Apple would use a titanium case like back in the days with the G4 Titanium Powerbook. That adds some value to it!

the macbook is a low end machine, it isnt marketed as a high end beast, its marketed as a machine for students and people who dont need the power, i know, i have one. its {censored} performance even cpu wise to the mbp, mbp has better displays. where did removing an optical drive from a laptop come into play? i have disassembled my mbp completey several times so i am no stranger to the parts used inside. the slot loading drives are much lighter than the normal "pop-out" drives as well

Yes and is fcuking over priced...

Their are already quad core laptops, and as for the macbook being overpriced, thats a big lol yea. my 400 dollar hackbook gets 5 less points in xbench =|

Those laptops are meant for gaming and are a little thicker than a MBP...

LOL, looks like someone photoshoped a picture of a G4 TiBook. I hope they do bring back the black keyboard, the titanium powerbooks were gorgeous. I always thought that the silver keyboards were one more bit of grey too much.

To all the ppl complaining about the macbook price: go find me a windows laptop that has no air vents at the bottom (yes I CAN place the laptop on the duvet without starting a fire/ melting the cpu down), or "magsafe" style connectors etc etc.. You pay extra for good design and engineering...

with current technologies, a quad core in a laptop would probably give it 10 minutes of battery

This is definitely exaggerated. The new 45nm Penryn Mobile CPUs have a TDP varying from 25W over 35W to 44W for the QuadCore Extreme model. The CPU of my MBP (C2D, model 2,2) also has a TDP of around 35W, so normally there wouldn't be much difference in terms of battery life. The best way would be to switch off two of the cores when operating in mobile mode and using the full power when being used connected to a power plug. Or downclocking the cores depending on the use.

Anyway I don't think Apple will release a QuadCore MBP now, although I think they should broaden the MBP range/lineup.

A MBP Extreme qith QC, different versions with different expansion ports with or without optical drive - all depending on the needs of the user!

But we all know this will not happen!

This is definitely exaggerated. The new 45nm Penryn Mobile CPUs have a TDP varying from 25W over 35W to 44W for the QuadCore Extreme model. The CPU of my MBP (C2D, model 2,2) also has a TDP of around 35W, so normally there wouldn't be much difference in terms of battery life. The best way would be to switch off two of the cores when operating in mobile mode and using the full power when being used connected to a power plug. Or downclocking the cores depending on the use.

Anyway I don't think Apple will release a QuadCore MBP now, although I think they should broaden the MBP range/lineup.

A MBP Extreme qith QC, different versions with different expansion ports with or without optical drive - all depending on the needs of the user!

But we all know this will not happen!

According to wikipedia, the quad core Core 2 Extreme mobile chip will be released in May, so Apple will probably not be able to release any kind of quad core Macbook Pro until then. Of course, there is always the possibility that Intel is hiding a secret quad core laptop processor from us.

Hope this is good news that there will be new MBPs. Quad-core Penryns would be fine but I'm hoping for 1680x1050 resolutions for the 15" model, rather than the crappy 1400x900 on the current 15" model. And I hope they give options for nVidia graphics card instead of the crappy ATIs only, a Geforce 8800 mobile series would be awesome. If they upgraded these two things, I'm definitely getting a 15" MBP.

According to wikipedia, the quad core Core 2 Extreme mobile chip will be released in May, so Apple will probably not be able to release any kind of quad core Macbook Pro until then. Of course, there is always the possibility that Intel is hiding a secret quad core laptop processor from us.

Apple more than likely has first dibs on everything I mean look at the MBA that processor isnt out yet

I don't know why so many people hate the kb on the mbp i adjusted to it quickly and find it very comfortable. I think that black keyboard looks {censored} poor, i dig the silver keys currently on the mbp model. Only time can tell but i hope they decide to mock up in the summer giving me sometime to ebay the current model, depending :wacko:.

I don't know why so many people hate the kb on the mbp i adjusted to it quickly and find it very comfortable. I think that black keyboard looks {censored} poor, i dig the silver keys currently on the mbp model. Only time can tell but i hope they decide to mock up in the summer giving me sometime to ebay the current model, depending :) .

I love the current MBP keyboard so much it was the deciding factor pushing me over the edge to switch to mac. It is soooo nice... like typing on soft little clouds. Bar-none the best laptop keyboard I've ever used- even better than thinkpads which are known for their great keyboards. It will be sorely missed if they really are discontinued.