New MacBook Pros Soon?

Numberzz

60 posts in this topic

The black keys are gross.

Thanks for the amazing insight.

Can you repeat after me? "I am unique! I am my own person! I can think freely! I wont ever repeat what someone else has already said!"

Now, where's my iSaw...?

Or maybe there will be LCD screens on each key on the keyboard, so that keyboards with foreign languages now is software and not hardware (meaning that you can change your keyboard's language any time you want). Furthermore, this will allow the keys to display whatever colour you want, and naturally be backlit (because LCD screens glow... duh).

That's just wishful thinking, however.

Having the MacBook-like black keyboard on the MacBook Pro does make sense, since it is the only machine reamaining which has a non-standard keyboard. Apple started it with the MacBook, then they made an USB Keyboard with the same style for the iMac, then they added it to the Mac Pro line, then they put it on the MacBook Air - considering the Mac Mini doesnt come with a keyboard - The MBP should be updated anytime soon with this keyboard style.

The magnetic latch may also be an obvios feature, and I believe they will make 1920x200 the standard resolution in the 17" model.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple today introduced new models of the MacBook and MacBook Pro. MacBook Pro models feature the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors (running at up to 2.6GHz with 6MB of shared L2 cache), larger hard drives (up to 300GB), and 2GB of memory standard in most models. They also include the latest NVIDIA graphics processors — with up to 512MB of video memory — and an innovative Multi-Touch trackpad, first introduced in MacBook Air.

The three new models of the MacBook feature faster processors and hard drives: sleek white 2.1 GHz and 2.4 GHz models with 120GB or 160GB 5400 rpm hard drives and a stunning black 2.4 GHz model with a massive 250GB 5400 rpm hard drive. The 2.4 GHz MacBook ships with 2GB of memory standard, expandable up to 4GB across the line.

Available immediately, the new MacBook and MacBook Pro models start at just $1,099 and $1,999, respectively. [Feb 26, 2008]