[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I bought a Toneport UX1 (USB Audio interface) and really don't work very well. Every 20 seconds the sound goes away. I can not record or play live because the sound is cut again and again.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. I do not know how to fix this. I tried everything (the version of BIOS, operating system, disable wifi, bluetooth, changing video drivers) without success.

Does anybody have experience in this issue? And a solution?

Thanks for your reply

Hi,

I've got a Line6 TonePort UX2 and as you, i had some problems that i was able to solve.

I found 2 issues :

- First, quite the same as you, the sound went away every 5 seconds : fixed by tweaking the toneport latency (in Guitar Rig Preferences for example). Lowering too much the latency gave me this issue. I was able to play correctly with a latency set to 150ms.

- Second, when my system had gone to sleep before using it, all Usb port were unstable. What happened was that i've got much noises in the sound output : fixed by rebooting the system. I guess that this is done by the Usb Fix from Superhai but as i really want to keep sleep working on my Hack, i prefer restarting it.

Julien.

I am no fan of writing directly to device memory bypassing the driver, even when it is partially working. But if you know what to write then go ahead. I haven't spent much time for HDA stuff because I have waited for the final VHDA kext (with a "return to start" history, now with new devs after the original one went underground) which currently have mic working but have other issues.

Thanks, I'm also waiting for the VHDA, just want to know if a temp solution is possible, I did not use the Mic much, but like to test things...

Hi everyone

I've managed to customize a bootloader "XOSL" (one of the best bootloaders) so I can choose which OS I want to boot with the MediaDirect button, using a checkbox in its GUI :)

With this, you can boot whatever partition you want, even logical ones, unlike the "rmbr" alternative. Still, MacOSX needs to be on a primary partition to boot.

If it interests someone, I will post a complete guide with a link to download the customized XOSL.

If you don't know this bootloader, check thoses screenshots : http://www2.arnes.si/~fkomar/xosl.org/shots.html

A strange problem occured to day:

I use a custom keylayout, a german pc keylayout, to match the keyboard of my XPS 1530 with the mapping. Today it suddenly stopped working. I tried several things, including various keylayouts, reboots, copying it in different locations (Library/..., System/Library/...), but it does not work anymore. I can still activate it in the list of language settings, but if I type, nothing happens. After playing around a bit, I found out, that standard AppleLayouts still work, while any custom layout does not.

Please help, I really need the layout!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Solved, repaired Permissions, cleared Applications Cache, etc. via OSX86Tools. Now working again :(

Hey guys, I have found this, and wanted to share with you..

I was reading about the DSDT implementation and it´s effect on the power consumption etc..

Anyways, i was having issues with my system beeing "perfectly" setup and still having crappy batterylife, the solution was rather weird, but it worked (finally)!! and is also worth it and simple to do!

So if you also have problems with the high powercomsumption when you are on batterypower try this:

1) install a "retail" with wingurn21´s guide + 132boot,

2) after you system is good and running, get the voodoo kernel 9.5.0 and superhai´s voodopower (not vooodoopowermini) and also fixes for the seatbelt, system.kext etc

The actual part with fixing your battery-life:

3) make sure your computer is at normal room temperature (been off for 2 hours or more) then enter bios by pressing F2

and type Fn+Z to reset your cpu´s enviroment temperature (if you have issues with fan running all the time, and also beeing very loud

4) RESET you bios completely (factory reset), this because if you like me have upgraded your bios then the "new" changes haven´t been applyed before you do the factory reset! i know this is not logical in any way, but the fact is that it worked..

I´m almost {censored}ting my pants writing on my "never ending" battery-life xps m1330.

This "guide" will only work if you have upgraded your bios to the B15, and should also work with other setups and distroes, but it does require that you have acpi enabled & dsdt.aml loaded :)

feedback would be nice, to see if more people also got their batterylife back :)

The voodoo team has released a new PS2 kext called VoodooPS2Controller. It works VERY well. It supports two-finger scrolling without FFScroll and also supports the scroll zones on synaptics touchpads. The two-finger scrolling is smooth and clean just like on a Macbook. It is VERY nice. You need to remove all of the following if you have them installed: ApplePS2Controller.kext, ACPIPS2Nub.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. During installation make sure you check the Trackpad option so you can control the kexts options from System Preferences.

http://chameleon dot osx86 dot hu

There is also a new kext out called VoodooHDA. At the time being this kext does not work properly on M1330s or M1530s. Version 0.2.1 supports sound on the headphone ports and both microphones. Internal speakers do not work. Version 0.2.2 breaks everything. On M1530s version 0.2.1 supports all but internal mic. I do not know about 0.2.2.

Right now I am not recommending the use of VoodooHDA. In the next few versions I'm sure a large amount of bugs will be fixed and I will post updates.

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

My guide has been updated appropriately.

VoodooHDA needs pin config to make Internal Speakers and Internal Mic to work, right now without pin cofig override there is no sound on Internal Speakers (only on 2 output jacks) also only external Mic works.

VoodooPS2 has some differences on layouts, on Latin American Spanish layout the are swapped with | and °, but I made a diff to change the source and correct the keymap, look at the voodoo projects forum.

Is it ok that my CPU is 70°C hot when I converting a Film from divx to h.264,

in normal use (e.g. Surfing, using iPhoto to Brows Photos) the CPU is still between 43°C and 60°C.

Are this normal Temperatures ?

Thx in Advanced

luggi

Are this normal Temperatures ?

Mine hardly ever crosses 55 even when gaming. Yes yours is abnormal.

as for the VoodooPS2, do you have scrolling working on Alps(M1530/M1330)?? My pref pane crashes every time I try to make any changes.

I removed the three kexts and installed VodooPS2 with the trackpad option. I also removed all traces off FFScroll....

VoodooPS2 doesn't work good in M1530, because it uses Alps touchpad (M1330 uses Synaptics). Went back to ffscroll which works great with 2 finger scrolling.

VooodooHDA 0.2.2 broke external mic (it might be because of low mic volume, since it doesn't have recording level in output in 0.2.2), internal speakers still work. Went back to AppleHDA.

@talisman

How can I fix it ?

I need to know your setup, both hardware and OS. But try this first: Reset you BIOS to factory defaults. The fan might not be kicking on at the right time. Are you having the same problems with other OS??

In Vista the Temps are Normale I have used iAtkos v5i

M1530 with NVkush and OE/CI Working.

I try to make a Bios reset.

Luggi

[Edit]

BIOS Reset did't changed anything the Fan starts to Run at 55°C and cool down the CPU to 42°C

How are you reading CPU temp? I wouldn't worry about temps if you have an intel cpu, unless it a) is very physically uncomforting or :) it causes your computer to freeze. The sensors are not calibrated except for temps close to CPU shutdown (which still is lower than failure temp), so if you read 60 C on one computer that may be read as 50 C on another and actually be same on both.

Hi everyone

I've managed to customize a bootloader "XOSL" (one of the best bootloaders) so I can choose which OS I want to boot with the MediaDirect button, using a checkbox in its GUI :D

With this, you can boot whatever partition you want, even logical ones, unlike the "rmbr" alternative. Still, MacOSX needs to be on a primary partition to boot.

If it interests someone, I will post a complete guide with a link to download the customized XOSL.

If you don't know this bootloader, check thoses screenshots : http://www2.arnes.si/~fkomar/xosl.org/shots.html

sounds nice....

When I test my XPS 1530 with Opengl Extensions Viewer, I get around 800 points after sleeping the Display. Most of the other users get around 1600 points, which is more 8600m GT like. Anyone knows why i get less points? I use Nvinject with NVcap by Urthwyte.

Another interesting thing: I helped someone I came to know on the internet setting up OSX on his 1530. He claims to use NVkush from iAtkos v5i. He gets around 1600 point, and he does not need to sleep the display! He sent me a system profiler screenshot, but nvkush does not show up in ROM-Version. Maybe this is somekind of "the key"? Could his 8600mGT match the macbook pro ones and work OOTB? H didn't try it without having nvkush installed.

Benchmark: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/5319/Bild%202.PNG

System Profiler: http://www.abload.de/img/bild1iyuo.png

Edit: Installed NVkush from iAtkos v5i: Same performence as NVinject, still have to do Sleep Display Trick, NVkush does not show up as ROM-Version for me too. Still wondering about why I only get 800p and why he doesn't have to sleep the display.

Edit: Installed NVkush from iAtkos v5i: Same performence as NVinject, still have to do Sleep Display Trick, NVkush does not show up as ROM-Version for me too. Still wondering about why I only get 800p and why he doesn't have to sleep the display.

The Sleep Display trick is no longer required. I updated my post to reflect that quite some time back: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=930144

What display are you using?? You will get 1600 fps on a 1440 X 900. You might not get the same on displays with higher resolution.

Well, that's the point. I still have to sleep the display even with the kext from wingrunr21's guide, and - after sleeping the display - i get only around 800 points (1440x900, Fullscreen, Framebuffer:Standard) no matter which injector I use.

As far as I understand it the injector enables the original driver, so I really don't understand why I have a lower performence compared to the other users.

As far as I understand it the injector enables the original driver, so I really don't understand why I have a lower performence compared to the other users.

Well... try this kext. If I remember correctly you did a Iatkos v5i upgraded to 10.5.6, or did you do a vanilla? I suspect one of the upgrades did not work. What is your kernel version??

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=48866

Just baught my self a Broadcom DELL DW 1390 of ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350191364819) thats the one, it will work wont it?,

then ill be reinstalling OSX back onto my XPS & trying to work out the sound to work, and then i will wipe vista, and use my laptop soley as a Hackintosh, i cant wait :happymac:

Just one more question, should the HDMI, DVI & S-video out work OTB? or do i need to install some thing?

Also will the new 10.5.6 run on the XPS?

Just baught my self a Broadcom DELL DW 1390 of ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350191364819) thats the one, it will work wont it?,

Sorry to disappoint you.. this is not a 1390. It is a third party card with a Broadcom Chip. The seller says it works with mac. I guess you have to wait and see.

10.5.6 works in an XPS. For the video read the post linked in my previous post. The kext is attached to that guide and you will find it in wingrunr21's guide too.

Hi Everybody !

After hours searching on this topic, I didn't find any working solution for my issue. I'm running Iatkos V4 on my XPS 1330, everything works fine except sleep.

Actually, it seems to work when I close the lid (the display turns off, but the fan is still running) but the computer doesn't wake up ! Obviously, it seems to be a well-known issue, maybe people could help me with their skills.

I have installed Superhai's voodooUSBEHCI kext, I've edited the correct info.plist, I've also installed AppleSmbios (macbook version) and Smbiosresolver from Sonotone's installer (now the system info shows 4,5 ghz for CPU speed, weird... :rolleyes: )

Is there something more I should know about this ? I also use intelenhancedspeedstep, wich improves battery life. Do I have to remove this kext ?

Thx very much folks !