Inside Windows 7 -- what we know so far

Alessandro17

21 posts in this topic

I wish Windows 7 would obsolete all old software ala MacOS 9 to X

That would seem what they want to do:

There have also been indications that Windows 7 will use virtualisation to run any software that hasn’t been specifically written for Windows 7

Or maybe they could use a compatibility layer, similar to Wine.

I wish Windows 7 would obsolete all old software ala MacOS 9 to X, and put in some seriously hard-ass driver and application quality control enforcement measures. Would solve 99.9% of the "problems" with Windows today.

I wish that too, but the problem is that 95% of MS clients are Big Companies that are not willing to update unless their proprietary software will run without a hitch .

Other than the compatibility issues with Vista and some programs I kinda liked it at first, but then got to be about as bad as WindowsME was. Which was more or less one big bug. I bought a PC that had ME on it, and after about a week I ditched that and went with Windows2000 cause it was a million times more stable. I liked WindowsXP, but I went out and got a used iMac running Leopard, and now I don't even use my Windows Vista Ultimate laptop. It sits beside my computer desk on my chaise lounge and doesn't get moved unless there is a file I need off of it, and then I just use my network to pull it over to my iMac.

now I don't even use my Windows Vista Ultimate laptop. It sits beside my computer desk on my chaise lounge and doesn't get moved unless there is a file I need off of it, and then I just use my network to pull it over to my iMac.

Put a Linux distribution on it!

No I have had the laptop for awhile. Got it after Vista came out. I have been dying to get back into a Mac so I took a look at the local Mac Authorized Dealer's website and noticed that they had a great deal on a used iMac, but the one they had online was sold and the one I bought was cheaper and was speced out better. The only difference was the one on the website also had about a year and a half of the Apple Care Protection left on it, but had half the RAM as the one I bought, and alot smaller HD. So I bought it instead, and now my laptop just sits there not being used because I have loved the stability and speed of my iMac and Leopard. I still have some files on the laptop that I drag over using my network, but for the most part it's not being used. Gonna clean it out, and reinstall Vista and give it to the fiance I think. She needs a laptop.

It seems to me that any of those "Preview" shots could have easily been made with Object Dock and Object Bar from Stardock.

I dunno...Vista is starting to grow on me. Especially as Leo trashes my MBP, and I have to constantly fall back on my Gateway.

Thanks for the link though. After Office 2007, the team on Win7 has me a bit more reassured.

After Office 2007, the team on Win7 has me a bit more reassured.

Office 07 is amazing. It's better than Office 03, OpenOffice and iWork 08. I'm really hoping MS does well with Windows 7; Vista can be saved but they cannot afford to make anything less than a stellar OS the next time around.