619 posts in this topic

so I installed iAtkos v1.0i:

iAtkos v1.0i Main System

Darwin EFI Bootloader

Remove Thermal kexts

Intel

SATA

Broadcom 440x

and then I installed Kalyway comboupdate 10.5.3 then the 10.5.3 vanilla kext clicked restart and then f8 and update -v at boot prompt and I got eternal restart

so I installed iAtkos v1.0i:

iAtkos v1.0i Main System

Darwin EFI Bootloader

Remove Thermal kexts

Intel

SATA

Broadcom 440x

and then I installed Kalyway comboupdate 10.5.3 then the 10.5.3 vanilla kext clicked restart and then f8 and update -v at boot prompt and I got eternal restart

Did everything work in iAtkos v1.0i ?

and you did mean vanilla kernel not kext, right?

okay I finally got iATKOS v4i to work for me and it's all thanks to KennyP. I got these instructions in an e-mail from him yesterday, installed today and it worked perfectly. I'm about to install Vanilla's "a" kexts and the networking kext provided by Chris Liphart earlier in the thread. But these are the instructions:

Compaq C712NR and iATKOS v4i

BIOS settings: SATA Native System <Disabled>

First boot device should be HD, second CD/DVD

Boot into iATKOS v4i DVD by pressing f10 at boot (you only have a few seconds)

At welcome screen, go to Utilities – Disk Utilities

Select drive and future OSX partition

Select Erase

Volume Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Name: whatever you want, but must be one word…no spaces

Press the Erase button

Exit Disk Utilities

At Welcome screen, select "Continue"

At the next screen, select "Agree"

Select the partition you prepared in Disk Utilities, and press "Continue"

On the install Summary screen, select "Customize"

Under the Package Name check the following, only:

iATKOS v4i Main System

Darwin Bootloader

Stock Files

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Kernel 9.4.0

Additional Patches

SMBIOS drivers

AppleSMBIOS netkas

Drivers

VGA

Intel

GMA X3100

System

SATA

"Space Required" should show 5.1 GB "Press "Done"

On the Install Summary press "Install"

It is ok to skip the "Checking Installation DVD" if the disk has worked before. If not I would do it.

Let installer do it's thing……..about 20 min.

When finished "Reboot"

System should boot into the Darwin Bootloader (if blinking curser see appendix A)

There should be no need to press any key, system should boot into "Song & show"

Enter personal info (after show) and you should have "Sound, WiFi, USB, QE/CI"

APPENDIX A.

If you suffer from the dreaded blinking curser, follow these steps:

Boot any OSX86 Leopard DVD (f10), when prompted, press f8

At boot prompt press –s (single user mode) enter

Much text will load, then you will come to a that looks like –sh-3.2#

At this prompt type the following: (each line, pressing enter for each line)

fdisk –e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

update

write

exit

reboot

On reboot….system should work.

I didn't have to use the Appendix A section and hopefully you won't either :)

PS I'm running on a stock Compaq Presario c714NR not a c712NR and it worked fine.

Thanks again KennyP

Thanks a pile KennyP & JYouth..... appreciate my dirt cheap MacBook. The above instructs worked flawlessly... broadcomm wireless seemed to take a few restarts but perhaps it was my lack of familiarity with Mac... last used system 8 on an LC575 a long time ago. Add a Cirago BTA 3210 micro bluetooth adapter for Bluetooth capabilities and after a bit it discovered my mouse . ( A great little Bluetooth add on that you can just leave in a USB port it is so small.)

VM Fusionware has given me a better option than dual boot I feel, with a fine virtual XP. It seems to run a bit hotter than with Vista but it boots in half the time and launches apps super fast... wow, why didn't I do this 8 months ago? Get the odd 7 when I type too fast but will get around to fixing that.. no battery meter yet but don't know where it is anyway on a mac.... time on task.

Biggest problem is I cant' use the VGA out port with a projector... both mirror but scrabble like crazy.... any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers for this thread and your posts.

Biggest problem is I cant' use the VGA out port with a projector... both mirror but scrabble like crazy.... any thoughts appreciated.

i think if you hit command(alt) + F1 it will un mirror them and then let you set them up from there. had the same problem when maccin' a friends c751nr. maybe itll work.

Get the odd 7 when I type too fast but will get around to fixing that.. no battery meter yet but don't know where it is anyway on a mac.... time on task.

Cheers for this thread and your posts.

Oh happy days...... good to have you macin' on a C700.

For your temp and the 777777 thing, Vanilla came up with a package that helps. a.zip There are instructions in the zip. The easy way is Google "Kext helper" and use it......

I am trying to remember what I did to get the battery meter back.....I'll get back to you.

As for your VGA out, I found that I had to boot with the projector installed......strange but it worked.

Kenny

Edit: I think this is it AppleACPIBatteryManager_b13.zip not sure, but it looks right.

Hey JYouth (or anyone else using iatkos4):

Do any of the following work:

- Headphone jack

- Mic Jack

- Sleep mode

Let me know please, thanks a bunch...

Headphone jack = no

Mic Jack = No

Sleep = 50%....sleeps fine, wakes fine, but fan will not return to active cooling (running at low speed all the time) it will only come on when the temps get ??165 f (somewhere close to that) runs on high then shuts back off........so yes and no

Lagerman100:

The Vanilla "a" kext is what fixed my batery meter and you can bring it up in battery management. Also I installed the IO80211Family.kext that Chris Liphart supplied from his 10.5.3 in post number 384 on page 20 of this forum.

gr8one626:

No Headphone

No Jack

and I just took everyone's word for sleep mode :)

Kenny P & JYouth,

Thanks yet again for your help and the kexts. No 777 anymore and battery meter working. I also figured out what I did with the dual display.... it worked partially at first and I must have changed the arrangement when I could... and it freaked and gave me a strange image of distortion.... and now that setting is applied every time I plug a second monitor in... Will keep at it Alt F1 didn't call it up when I had a second display... Think I will get it with time on task. The touchpad is just as crappy as it was in Vista! I guess Leopard can't cure all our woes..... Time machine seems to be working but i have yet to backup... need to find an external I can erase. Getting a lot of double takes when people notice Leopard on a Compaq... that alone is worth the price of admission.

Been working on the mirroring of the dual display.... seems the mirror displays check box screws things up. Worse yet it remembers the second display you hooked up so the next time you boot it with a second display the OS enables mirroring and the displays then become unreadable. I hooked up a different display and it went in to extended desktop fine and gave me the arrangement tab. I made the two displays the same size then clicked on the mirror images checkbox and she scrambled right away. Guess it is extend Desktop on a new projector unless I can find the preferences and delete them. Anyone else have this issue?

Been working on the mirroring of the dual display.... seems the mirror displays check box screws things up. Worse yet it remembers the second display you hooked up so the next time you boot it with a second display the OS enables mirroring and the displays then become unreadable. I hooked up a different display and it went in to extended desktop fine and gave me the arrangement tab. I made the two displays the same size then clicked on the mirror images checkbox and she scrambled right away. Guess it is extend Desktop on a new projector unless I can find the preferences and delete them. Anyone else have this issue?

I have only been able to do extended display......anything else and it goes nuts.....

Kenny

Looks like another problem for the list.... anyone else have Airport sometimes shuts off and won't turn on issues? I had a similar problem in Vista and it pushed me over to the Hackintosh. Hoping to not need a usb network adapter... not the bucks... the fugliness of them.

Looks like another problem for the list.... anyone else have Airport sometimes shuts off and won't turn on issues? I had a similar problem in Vista and it pushed me over to the Hackintosh. Hoping to not need a usb network adapter... not the bucks... the fugliness of them.

As far as I know, it has never shut off on me...hmmmm....Vista and OSX, might be hard ware....though I hope not.

As far as I know, it has never shut off on me...hmmmm....Vista and OSX, might be hard ware....though I hope not.

I was thinking the same thing... but it did work in Leopard after Vista so I am hopeful..... hardware usually tends to be all or naught. Perhaps a fugly USB network adapter is the ticket... if only for test purposes.

Guess it is extend Desktop on a new projector unless I can find the preferences and delete them.

to delete display prefs:

boot -s
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*
rm -f /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*
rm -f /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*
shutdown -r now

that should get rid of all display prefs and allow you to use the projector as an extended desktop.

Hey Guys, Great work you ppl have done here. I have a c776ca and i used the guides in here to make it work with iatkos v4i using the kennyp method, thanks kennyp. I am loving this lappy but as i am still quite new to mac (1 day and counting) i wanted to have a vista safty net ... now when i start my pc, it shows me the counter and asks to select partition or go ahead with osx so when i select the vista partition it says vista cannot boot. bootloader problem, however when i try to use my vista disk for startup repair purposes, it fails to repair and doesnt even detect a vista partition :S . so now i can only boot into osx and i tired hitting f8 and typing th usual fdisk -e/.../... code but when i press enter it does nothing :S. So i can not get back to vista, if anyone can help i will greatly appreciate it.

use the vista disk and set the vista partition active. choose whatever option gets you to a terminal on the boot disc and do these steps, where n is the disk and partition of vista.

diskpart
list disk
select disk n
list partition
select partition n
active
exit
reboot to disc again, let it repair vista bootloader

hope that works.

Hi,

I have a Compaq C725BR, and Iatkos V4 run perfectly, off course, without phone/mic jack... :P

But, i remove mac and returns win2008 because i´m a skype voice heavy user, and when try starts the skype voice, it´s calling and crash before complete the call. The chat function runs perfectly. If anybody have a solution, please, help me.

I want try use the skype voice with a bluetooth headset, to resolve the phone/mic jack problem... It´s works??

Did you do a straight install from Software Update?

Yep, straight from Software Update this morning. I'm not at the lappy to check (in a Windows XP lab at school - ick!).

It was a fresh 1.0i install (ir2?) + Kalyway 5.3 and 5.4 combo updates, then the stock 5.5.

Should work just fine!