IOPCMIAFamily

Finder 10.5.5 + Keyboard.prefPane

UUID Error Fix

CarbonLib Fix

PS/2 Keyboard Fix

Patch DSDT

SMBIOS Resolver

MSR Tools

After that I updated to 10.5.7 from Apple Updater and everything works great. I even have the time remaining option in my battery meter :blink: The only thing wrong so far is the orange HDD. I haven't checked Sleep but I know I have no Audio in, I'm going to try the VoodooHDA.kext and see if that helps

:dance_24:

Update: after turning off and on my computer I now have the correct HDD image.

Just reinstalled iPC 10.5.6 on my Compaq Presario c714nr with the following:

Legacy Time Machine Fix

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers

Conexant HiDef Audio

Patched USB Drivers

The whole Power Management group

IOUSBMassStorage Fix

SATA Drive Icon Fix (New)

IOPCIFamily.kext patched

IOPCMIAFamily

Finder 10.5.5 + Keyboard.prefPane

UUID Error Fix

CarbonLib Fix

PS/2 Keyboard Fix

Patch DSDT

SMBIOS Resolver

MSR Tools

After that I updated to 10.5.7 from Apple Updater and everything works great. I even have the time remaining option in my battery meter :thumbsup_anim: The only thing wrong so far is the orange HDD. I haven't checked Sleep but I know I have no Audio in, I'm going to try the VoodooHDA.kext and see if that helps

:dance_24:

Update: after turning off and on my computer I now have the correct HDD image.

I can't get my sleep to work. Sucks! :censored2:

I can't get my sleep to work. Sucks! :rolleyes:

i just did a C769US and had sleep working once.(steps are here) then rebooted and now it wont work. i suspect its wireless. or usb.

(its a friends. so i have access to it but limited.. hes giving it some love for now then i can play with it more)

I have the update and my battery is working fine, but now my wireless light is always orange. It works fine but i was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back to the purple when wifi is on, or at least the blue color.

PS:sorry i know that is ridiculous but if it is a quick fix, the orange bothers me.

I have the update and my battery is working fine, but now my wireless light is always orange. It works fine but i was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back to the purple when wifi is on, or at least the blue color.

PS:sorry i know that is ridiculous but if it is a quick fix, the orange bothers me.

What "update" did you to to turn your wifi orange. What color was it before? Mine was always pink. It just turned orange. I don't think this is something that is fixable. There were some posts about this issue some time ago. I'd like to find a solution to this also. My sleep is not working too. Anyone have success on sleep with the vanilla kernel?

• 2 weeks later...
What "update" did you to to turn your wifi orange. What color was it before? Mine was always pink. It just turned orange. I don't think this is something that is fixable. There were some posts about this issue some time ago. I'd like to find a solution to this also. My sleep is not working too. Anyone have success on sleep with the vanilla kernel?

the update was from 5.6 to 5.7

the light used to be purple or pink when i first installed osx

it was blue when i was running windows.

now its orange and i hate it.

and my sleep works,but when it wakes up the battery meter does not work

• 2 months later...

Wow this is an amazingly long thread about the C714NR.. I just purchased this lappy for $125 used and want to make it into a hackintosh.

So since mine is pretty much stock with Vista, been that there is many releases since the OP open this post, what is the best version I can use right now for me?? I don't mind the input jacks not working, but mainly the main functions Yes.

I know I can search this huge thread, but if someone can help me out with a direct version for me to load will be appreciated very much.

Thank you guys.

hehe, wow so many replies to help out someone new here.. please no more messages LOL

This forum seems dead.

GOOD BYE

This thread is pretty much dead. Most the C714NR folks already have this installed. They are pretty much now either stratified with 10.5.8, or are moving on to install Snow Leopard. This laptop works very well with Snow Leopard which I highly recommend. The best way to install is at this time, since there are no disto dvd's at this time is by using an external hard drive to install. You need to download the DMG for Snow Leopard Build 10A432 The final, and find a guide that fit's your needs here.

A good place to start is here...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=178

Sorry, but at this time since there is no good reliable Distro dvd for Snow Leopard, it's going to take a bit more time and effort on your part. But in the end it will be worth it, and you will learn a lot.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is pretty much dead. Most the C714NR folks already have this installed. They are pretty much now either stratified with 10.5.8, or are moving on to install Snow Leopard. This laptop works very well with Snow Leopard which I highly recommend. The best way to install is at this time, since there are no disto dvd's at this time is by using an external hard drive to install. You need to download the DMG for Snow Leopard Build 10A432 The final, and find a guide that fit's your needs here.

A good place to start is here...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=178

Sorry, but at this time since there is no good reliable Distro dvd for Snow Leopard, it's going to take a bit more time and effort on your part. But in the end it will be worth it, and you will learn a lot.

Good luck!

yup, got 10.5.8 going for the last 2 weeks. Working good and all..

So who has updated to 10.6 SL?? any steps for the C714NR?

Thank

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I was hoping to revive this thread. I've had a c712nr for a couple of years now, finally decided to try OSX on it. I was able to successfully install using iAtkos v4 using by following Jyouth's guide on post #402, but then went to update, totally hosed my system. Reading on, I realized I couldn't just do Apple Software Update. But what I'm wondering is, what are the things I need to check in customize for iATKOS v7? Then will that update to 10.5.8?

Really appreciate the help!

Hey guys, I was hoping to revive this thread. I've had a c712nr for a couple of years now, finally decided to try OSX on it. I was able to successfully install using iAtkos v4 using by following Jyouth's guide on post #402, but then went to update, totally hosed my system. Reading on, I realized I couldn't just do Apple Software Update. But what I'm wondering is, what are the things I need to check in customize for iATKOS v7? Then will that update to 10.5.8?

Really appreciate the help!

Hey iJack I'm glad to hear that my install guide helped someone out. As for me I run a c714nr so anything I do can only work so well for you. Have you tried my guide at the top of this page using iPC 10.5.6? I was able to upgrade using Apple Updater straight from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 in my most recent install. Since then I actually tested Windows 7 and after that started to brick on me I went back to plain ol Vista Home Premium. Surprisingly it hasn't crashed on me :( As for how iATKOS v7 I didn't even know it was out T_T Maybe I'll download and try it some time.

Hey iJack I'm glad to hear that my install guide helped someone out. As for me I run a c714nr so anything I do can only work so well for you. Have you tried my guide at the top of this page using iPC 10.5.6? I was able to upgrade using Apple Updater straight from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 in my most recent install. Since then I actually tested Windows 7 and after that started to brick on me I went back to plain ol Vista Home Premium. Surprisingly it hasn't crashed on me :( As for how iATKOS v7 I didn't even know it was out T_T Maybe I'll download and try it some time.

Yeah, thanks for that guide! No problems booting up, wireless works like a charm. I think they're still are sleep issues, but that's to be expected right? And didnt try out the front audio jacks. Yep v7 is out, many more selections, I'm probably selecting too much stuff! But yeah, was gonna give that iPC a shot, actually in the process of downloading it now, we shall see! That's awesome it was able to update to 10.5.8! Hopefully it'll work for me!

Yeah, thanks for that guide! No problems booting up, wireless works like a charm. I think they're still are sleep issues, but that's to be expected right? And didnt try out the front audio jacks. Yep v7 is out, many more selections, I'm probably selecting too much stuff! But yeah, was gonna give that iPC a shot, actually in the process of downloading it now, we shall see! That's awesome it was able to update to 10.5.8! Hopefully it'll work for me!

Yeah come to think of it now though I remember the reason why I switched over to Windows 7 was because I wasn't able to use certain features correctly (i.e. widgets on iWeb weren't showing up). But for the most part, it's hard to really select too much for the loaders. Just make sure there aren't any conflicting installers and try to go with things you're familiar with from previous installations. I'm downloading iATKOS v7 right now but I'm not sure if I'll give it a go yet. I'm planning on buying one of the new 27" iMac's but I'm also planning on waiting until next spring/summer when they quietly update them and fix some of the problems they're having now (Apple ALWAYS does it).

Well I was successful in getting iAtkos v7 the other night! Everything thats supposed to work, works! Even the front headphone jack, I thought I read somewhere that that was a problem. Sleep doesn't work of course. But I'm happy with it, pretty freakin awesome! I like MAC OSX, but I also like windows 7 too, I've become attached to it.

Well I was successful in getting iAtkos v7 the other night! Everything thats supposed to work, works! Even the front headphone jack, I thought I read somewhere that that was a problem. Sleep doesn't work of course. But I'm happy with it, pretty freakin awesome! I like MAC OSX, but I also like windows 7 too, I've become attached to it.

could you leave a list of the things you checked to get it all to work? I'm excited to hear the headphone jack works. Any word on the microphone jack? Or sleep?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm such an idiot, I didn't take note of what all I checked. I pretty much just sticked with your guide for v4. Then when it came to network adapters, I didn't check anything, even though my wireless adapter in my c712nr was listed. Sorry! Yes, headphone jack works, haven't tried the microphone jack. And sleep definitely doesn't work. It goes to sleep just fine, just won't wake up!