[Guide & Software] Complete Intel Bad Axe 2 Walkthrough with Software

weaksauce12

918 posts in this topic

I was about to say - sounds like a stick of flakey RAM to me, but you've already discovered that...

Patrick

could bew but if I swap the 2 sticks with the other 2 it works also.

but as sooon as I put in 4 sticks it goes nuts.

what was weird is that the mobo peeped after I put in the second pair the first time.

could bew but if I swap the 2 sticks with the other 2 it works also.

but as sooon as I put in 4 sticks it goes nuts.

what was weird is that the mobo peeped after I put in the second pair the first time.

I have had problems running Bad Axe 1 boards with 4 sticks of RAM too: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry245610

This problem was caused by using the 1333 strap, so you fight want to see if lowering your reference FSB speed solves the problem for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I;'ve noticed a few things my badaxe hackintosh doesnt like.

1) Image heavy PDF'ss. For some reason will bring the machine to its knees.

2) The ebay usb plug. Bought a microphone headset but this bridge sucks, the sound recording sounds terrible. Same mic on my macbook sounds perfect.

3) Shortcuts in firefox. No control-c or control v-

Any ideas?

I;'ve noticed a few things my badaxe hackintosh doesnt like.

1) Image heavy PDF'ss. For some reason will bring the machine to its knees.

2) The ebay usb plug. Bought a microphone headset but this bridge sucks, the sound recording sounds terrible. Same mic on my macbook sounds perfect.

3) Shortcuts in firefox. No control-c or control v-

Any ideas?

1) this is a problem of pdf itself! you will notice the same problem on every platform

3) try instead (if you don´t have a mac keyboard) windows-key+c or -v, else it´works with apple-key+c, -v

apoo

Has anyone tried the new Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD with their Badaxe2 board?

Hello,

I'm also interested in hearing others Bad Axe 2 user's results using this latest Kalyway package.

I just downloaded "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd".

Anyway, if you've used this, please let us know how it went.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Plese sone one can check if FSB and Porcessor speed is showed correct in BX2, a good way is use a x-infoaqua.py in x-chat (/macinfo).

I quest, becouse mine bomo all time show FSB=266 (now MY FSB is 300).

thx for help

Hi all

weaksauce12

Here a new installer for no vanilla kernel marvell, i try send 4 u im pm but i dont ADD files...

[]'s

Hi Guedes,

I got a new SATA drive and I tried installing both Vanilla and no Vanilla Versions with no luck.

I have Vanilla version installed now and it shows up as "Marvell 788SE61XX SATA/RAID controller AHCI Controller" in profiler -as long as the disk is unplugged.

When I plug in the disk, I get "There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices." in profiler.

Of course, the disk doesnt show up in disk utility.

I just tried pluging the disk in the main controller and the disk works fine.

My Install is: Kalyway 10.5.1 + EFI v8 + 10.5.2 combo update

Any hints on how to make it work???

Just popping my head in, I'm still alive :)

School lets out in a couple weeks for me. Currently I'm going to college full-time plus working weekends, so I have zero time for play at the moment. Once summer hits I'll rock the Hackintosh scene again :D My Bad Axe 2 has been exceptionally reliable for the past 6 months (!!!), I couldn't be happier. The next update will fix a lot of niggling little problems; the only thing I'm still really struggling with is onboard Audio, so I'd recommend still getting a good USB sound card for now (and for the foreseeable future). Again I got the $30 Griffin iMic and it works great, plus has Audio Input for a standard 3.5mm Mic.

Stay tuned!

Just popping my head in, I'm still alive :(

School lets out in a couple weeks for me. Currently I'm going to college full-time plus working weekends, so I have zero time for play at the moment. Once summer hits I'll rock the Hackintosh scene again :D My Bad Axe 2 has been exceptionally reliable for the past 6 months (!!!), I couldn't be happier. The next update will fix a lot of niggling little problems; the only thing I'm still really struggling with is onboard Audio, so I'd recommend still getting a good USB sound card for now (and for the foreseeable future). Again I got the $30 Griffin iMic and it works great, plus has Audio Input for a standard 3.5mm Mic.

Stay tuned!

Hey Weaksauce,

Are you going to release a new and improved install guide for Leopard 10.5.2 on the Bad Axe 2?

I'm just started to get time freed up to do my first Hackinstosh install and I'm stoked.

:)

Thanks again for yours (and everybody's) hard work!

Cheers,

Hi Guedes,

I got a new SATA drive and I tried installing both Vanilla and no Vanilla Versions with no luck.

I have Vanilla version installed now and it shows up as "Marvell 788SE61XX SATA/RAID controller AHCI Controller" in profiler -as long as the disk is unplugged.

When I plug in the disk, I get "There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices." in profiler.

Of course, the disk doesnt show up in disk utility.

I just tried pluging the disk in the main controller and the disk works fine.

My Install is: Kalyway 10.5.1 + EFI v8 + 10.5.2 combo update

Any hints on how to make it work???

Hi,

Well i not use hot-plug for test, only boot w Hd pluged, and all works fine, i will test hot plug and report here. But maybe difer BIos Vs. can meke diference or not...

my BIOS is BX97520J.86A.2813.2008.0114.2256 (Intel Corp.)

[]'s

Is any Bad Axe 2 users having problem using "KalywayIntelCombo10.5.2.zip"?

My original setting was Kalyway 10.5.1 without any other tweek except pc_efi and Audio. System was great and fast. But after I install "KalywayIntelCombo10.5.2.zip", it takes forever to boot up.

It stock when the white apple screen switch into the blue destop login screen. It was only a flash of second before I upgraded. And now, it take more than 5 minutes of "No signal to the Monitor"(Black) and then finally on. The Hard-drive Led didn't flash during the black out. I thought it was crash the first time I saw it. But it wasn't! After 5 mins waiting it finally turn it self back on.

Wired, hum? Anyone have the same problem?

I Also happen to be able to re-install the OsX anyway. I did it again(upgrade to 10.5.2), the problem happen again.

But it doesn't happen when I upgrade from iATKOS. But iATKOS crash all the time in my computer.

Any suggestion?

Hey Weaksauce,

Are you going to release a new and improved install guide for Leopard 10.5.2 on the Bad Axe 2?

I'm just started to get time freed up to do my first Hackinstosh install and I'm stoked.

:)

Thanks again for yours (and everybody's) hard work!

Cheers,

Absolutely! It will be my big summer project. Currently I am planning on a video tutorial, step-by-step, along with an easier software package. I will also be releasing a non-video guide for the DFI Lanparty board (applies to the BloodIron as well), for those who want Penryn support. Originally I had planned on releasing this stuff months ago, but the projects have taken much longer than expected and I've had a time shortage between my new job and school, so once college lets out for the summer I'll be hacking away :)

hey guys, can anyone recommend me a wireless network card for my badaxe2. I have been using asus-138g v2 until now but even if this card was working out of the box, after a certain time it starts to reduce my connection speed down until 2kb/s. I tried lots of things found temporary solutions but I think I am going to get rid of it for good. Anyone can tell me what network card they are using for their badaxe? I am going to need a wirelless card.

best,

oz

hey guys, can anyone recommend me a wireless network card for my badaxe2. I have been using asus-138g v2 until now but even if this card was working out of the box, after a certain time it starts to reduce my connection speed down until 2kb/s. I tried lots of things found temporary solutions but I think I am going to get rid of it for good. Anyone can tell me what network card they are using for their badaxe? I am going to need a wirelless card.

best,

oz

Hi ozhanlion,

I have the "DWA-547 Rangebooster N 650" and it rocks! :-)

Out of the box recognised as Airport Extreme. I've been using it for months now without a single problem.

The Router is upstairs and the desktop is downstairs, and I'm getting full strenght (all bars).

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi,

Well i not use hot-plug for test, only boot w Hd pluged, and all works fine, i will test hot plug and report here. But maybe difer BIos Vs. can meke diference or not...

my BIOS is BX97520J.86A.2813.2008.0114.2256 (Intel Corp.)

[]'s

Thanks Guedes,

I was not using hot-plug, what I meant was when I start the machine with the disk plugged in, in profiler shows ""There was an error while scanning for Serial-ATA devices."

I'll try installing everythign from scratch again...(with the latest BIOS)

thanks nano. I ordered one of those. Strangely enough, I printed something from the printer on the network and now I am back to having full speed of internet connection again. There's something wrong somewhere for sure. I hope the card you recommended solves things. By the way it was not cheap! :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

thanks nano. I ordered one of those. Strangely enough, I printed something from the printer on the network and now I am back to having full speed of internet connection again. There's something wrong somewhere for sure. I hope the card you recommended solves things. By the way it was not cheap! :)

thanks

yeh, it's not cheap! The cost of this one was the same as all the other problematic cheap USB solutions I bought altogether :D

I hope this solves all the problems for you. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Nano

Does anyone know how to do this without a Mac? It's kinda pointless to build a hackintosh which requires a real Mac. Or could someone just post an ISO of their patched BrazilMac install disc on The Bay of Pirates?