[Guide & Software] Complete Intel Bad Axe 2 Walkthrough with Software

weaksauce12

918 posts in this topic

Hi,

Well i not use hot-plug for test, only boot w Hd pluged, and all works fine, i will test hot plug and report here. But maybe difer BIos Vs. can meke diference or not...

my BIOS is BX97520J.86A.2813.2008.0114.2256 (Intel Corp.)

[]'s

Woohoo!!! Thanks a lot for your tip. Before re-installing everything, I went for the BIOS update (using the latest one available from Intel) and.... voila!! All the SATA ports in the Marvell controller work now!!!

Thanks a lot for your help Guedes!!! :-)

Hi all,

good news nano07, in this weekkend i install 5.3 for test, and loose marvell ports, but is easy restore, only put back appleahci.kext for my install.

after apple released final update i will make ono new instaler.

[]'s

Hi all,

good news nano07, in this weekkend i install 5.3 for test, and loose marvell ports, but is easy restore, only put back appleahci.kext for my install.

after apple released final update i will make ono new instaler.

[]'s

Hi Guedes Jr, I tried your fix on getting the Marvell Ports working on my Badaxe2 and is did not work. I was hoping you maybe could help me in getting these ports working for me?

Thanks,

Hello All,

I've never really posted in here yet and wanted to thank all for your dedication in getting the badaxe2 up and running. Thanks to this forum I have been running 10.5.2 with only stereo out of course with the patcher. Everything has been running flawlessly. Everything!

However I tried getting the Marvell ports running via the info in this forum. I managed to get them running with the updated AppleahicPort.kext but things just do not work the same. For instance when I shut down it does not shut down all the way and then hangs. Also things seem to freeze now and then. I went back to my original Kext and things are running great again, sleep shutdown everything. I'm even booting in a software Raid Stripped which gave me a 30% higher mark in Xbench for what ever it's worth. Things process much quicker running the raid.

Any help in getting the Marvell Ports running would be much appreciated. I have 4 150 WD Raptors I would like to Raid and have other drives I would like to use in Marvell Ports.

Thanks again all and keep up the great work and soon we will have everything running even 5.1 sound.

Jerry

Hello All,

I've never really posted in here yet and wanted to thank all for your dedication in getting the badaxe2 up and running. Thanks to this forum I have been running 10.5.2 with only stereo out of course with the patcher. Everything has been running flawlessly. Everything!

However I tried getting the Marvell ports running via the info in this forum. I managed to get them running with the updated AppleahicPort.kext but things just do not work the same. For instance when I shut down it does not shut down all the way and then hangs. Also things seem to freeze now and then. I went back to my original Kext and things are running great again, sleep shutdown everything. I'm even booting in a software Raid Stripped which gave me a 30% higher mark in Xbench for what ever it's worth. Things process much quicker running the raid.

Any help in getting the Marvell Ports running would be much appreciated. I have 4 150 WD Raptors I would like to Raid and have other drives I would like to use in Marvell Ports.

Thanks again all and keep up the great work and soon we will have everything running even 5.1 sound.

Jerry

Hi Xwing61,

for me it worked with Guedes installer and updating the BIOS to the latest available. Have you done that?

Hi Xwing61,

for me it worked with Guedes installer and updating the BIOS to the latest available. Have you done that?

Hi Nano07,

I used Guedes Installer and it did work but my things did not respond correctly. Thing would hang, shut down did not work etc. I do have the lastes bios installed to.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hello,

I'm also interested in hearing others Bad Axe 2 user's results using this latest Kalyway package.

I just downloaded "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd".

Anyway, if you've used this, please let us know how it went.

Cheers.

I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 on my BadAxe2 (updated to the latest BIOS) and the installation went flawlessly. I have a GeForce 6800 GS video card installed in the PCIE slot. I installed the OS (Vanilla Kernel) on a 160GB SATA2 drive. I have a second SATA2 drive for my data and a 3rd SATA2 drive for VMWare Fusion virtual machines. The onboard sound output is connected to my 5.1 speakers and works well. I can't speak about using a microphone as I don't have one. My Logitech Quickcam worked as soon as I plugged it in. I connected an external USB drive which was automatically set up for Time Machine backups. I did purchase a retail copy of Leopard which allowed my to extract drivers (via Pacifist) for my Brother multi-function printer. The machine occasionally locks up when ejecting .dmg files or disk from the DVD drive, but from what I've read this may be a general Leopard issue and not a hackintosh specific issue. Overall I'm very pleased, so please that, other than running Quicken under a VMWare Fusion Vista instance, I've eliminated Windows from my life.

Hope this helps

I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 on my BadAxe2 (updated to the latest BIOS) and the installation went flawlessly. I have a GeForce 6800 GS video card installed in the PCIE slot. I installed the OS (Vanilla Kernel) on a 160GB SATA2 drive. I have a second SATA2 drive for my data and a 3rd SATA2 drive for VMWare Fusion virtual machines. The onboard sound output is connected to my 5.1 speakers and works well. I can't speak about using a microphone as I don't have one. My Logitech Quickcam worked as soon as I plugged it in. I connected an external USB drive which was automatically set up for Time Machine backups. I did purchase a retail copy of Leopard which allowed my to extract drivers (via Pacifist) for my Brother multi-function printer. The machine occasionally locks up when ejecting .dmg files or disk from the DVD drive, but from what I've read this may be a general Leopard issue and not a hackintosh specific issue. Overall I'm very pleased, so please that, other than running Quicken under a VMWare Fusion Vista instance, I've eliminated Windows from my life.

Hope this helps

Very cool!

I can't wait!

As soon as my renovations are done I am going to do this.

J

Cheers!

Very cool!

I can't wait!

As soon as my renovations are done I am going to do this.

J

Cheers!

Hello I also have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 installer and it's a dream. Only thing is of course the updates if Partition is GUID. The onlything I cannot figure out is getting the Marvell Ports working. I installed the installer on this thread and thing seemed to work and the Ports and drives show up but then things start locking up and shutdown does not work. When I went back to the AppleahciPort.kext in Kaly's install my system comes back to being perfect again. I hope soon there is a fix to the Marvell ports.

P.S. I have my system setup as a software raid and booting in it for now over a month running great Flawlessly.

Jerry

!

Can somebody to confirm, that all Firewire IEEE1394 ports on Bad Axe2 are working with Leopard? If yes, what kind of equipment you used to test Firewire? External drive or DV deck / camcoder?

I tried the last Kalyway, iATKOS & Brazilmac and always had not working de-facto Firewire. Since I'm interested in the Mac OS X only for videoediting, this issue is fatal. So I would understand, this is my problem or general problem.

Actually I don't need Leopard, Tiger 10.4.11 (only this version of Tiger) could be pretty enough for me, but I can't find it on a torrent.

My experience was with Bad Axe and Big Arm (975x - similar to 975xbx2) PC.

!

Can somebody to confirm, that all Firewire IEEE1394 ports on Bad Axe2 are working with Leopard? If yes, what kind of equipment you used to test Firewire? External drive or DV deck / camcoder?

I tried the last Kalyway, iATKOS & Brazilmac and always had not working de-facto Firewire. Since I'm interested in the Mac OS X only for videoediting, this issue is fatal. So I would understand, this is my problem or general problem.

Actually I don't need Leopard, Tiger 10.4.11 (only this version of Tiger) could be pretty enough for me, but I can't find it on a torrent.

My experience was with Bad Axe and Big Arm (975x - similar to 975xbx2) PC.

I get a Firewire security error message on boot.

My m-audio Firewire Audiophile appears to work with the leopard drivers from m-audio but it causes kernel_task to take almost 100% of one of my two cores. Not sure if it is firewire problem or m-audio/driver problem.

Thanks for reply.

I have downloaded yesterday the torrent "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2". Then I have installed it on the older PC with 975x Big Arm. As I said I tried before the different versions LeoHack with this PC (Gateway FX-530) and always had not working Firewire (and also not working IDT sound on 975x, everything else seemed OK, but I didn't test carefully).

"XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" was successful (EFI kernel).

FW works. This always was the main issue.

I captured a DVCAM footage with Final Cut 6.02, little edited it and printed on tape.

Sound chip still not recognized (only see HD Audio output, but didn't test).

Processor Q6600 2.4 Ghz shown as 4Ghz, but all 4 kernels does works.

Bus and RAM shown correctly.

Video (GeForce 7500LE 256MB) works with NVinject 0.21, but no advanced testing performed.

Network, USB OK (as always, though).

Marvel RAID I have disabled in a BIOS.

I want to specify that I did test FCP only during one hour. So I definitely can't say it's working, I only say it SEEMS working. Very big difference, when you make setup not for fun, but to work.

My PC with Bad Axe ( finally I need Mac on this one ) now busy, so I will install "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" on a next weekend. Then I can post my final result.

I believe LeoHacks are still too fresh. Maybe Leopard itself is less compatible with 975 chip. Differently hard to explain why many users has problem with Leo on PC. I found a topic on this forum where people advise use older FW kext with new version of Tiger and with Leo:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

But this trick didn't help me with Leo. Maybe it helps to you, gordo?

BTW Leopard had many issues on a real MacPro with editing equipment, only last months they was fixed.

Brief, I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and IATKOS 10.5.2 on 975xbx2, also tried these plus Mac4All and Brazilmac (latest) on 975x and always had not working FW.

I have installed "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" on the same setup with 975x and the problem disappeared.

Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to Guedes Installer? I hear everyone talk about it and how it helped them finally gain access to their sata ports for the marvell sata, but I can't locate it..

Last time I installed the mac (10.5.1) the audio worked with the stac9274d.txt file but this time i loaded it and rebooted it and still had no sound.. Someone else posted the appleahciport.kext file and for me it said "Detected Unsupported Codec" when I ran it in applehdapatcher v1.16

I'm totally dying to get ALL my drives because I use EVERY sata port in the machine and run like 7 Hard drives.. LoL No lie.. I store a lot.. Probably too much..

Anyway... Anyone know what I should do?

I don't have a badaxe.. I use a 975xbx2 ... Maybe that is a 'badaxe?' :)

Ok well.. I fixed the audio thing.. It was an idiot error.. I was running off the digital port and not the analog ports.. :) .. Yeah that'll definitely make it not work.. So audio works now..

But everything I've still tried for the freakin Marvell sata ports doesn't.. I really want those things to work..

Final CutPro works perfectly for me with the built in firewire ports. From XL2 Camera and XHA1 HDV camera. I've spent Many hours/days/weeks with it. Everything is flawless.

I've also added a PCI card with 4 more Firewire ports and that works perfectly too.

Chris

Hey everyone.

I had a flawless vanilla install from retail disk with efi v8 and 10.5.3 broke restart and shutdown! My CPU usage is around 70% and console is giving me some kernel related error :(

Has anyone else tried updating?

Hey everyone.

I had a flawless vanilla install from retail disk with efi v8 and 10.5.3 broke restart and shutdown! My CPU usage is around 70% and console is giving me some kernel related error :D

Has anyone else tried updating?

You know what they say "if it aint broken....."

I'm still at efi 5 and 10.5.1 and its flawless. I'm not attempting anything yet.

It's easy for me to fix since I have an emergency partition w/ leo install disk image on it. Add bootefi, dsmos, and natit.I think it may be the 10.5.3 kernel which is sad because efi emulation was supposed to help us run vanilla kernel.Cheers

Hey everyone.I had a flawless vanilla install from retail disk with efi v8 and 10.5.3 broke restart and shutdown! My CPU usage is around 70% and console is giving me some kernel related error :) Has anyone else tried updating?
So I unplugged my second hard drive and all the problems dissapeared :D Was not the update directly or maybe not at all!

I just updated my system to 10.5.3 and everything is ok. After the update my bootrom is now BX97520J.2813.2008 and before it was that hackintosh. I have no idea why it changed. Only thing was that I lost my gpu qe and so had to run nvinstaller 4.1.

This dot three version feels better. Now my system even sleeps automatically after selected time.

Hi all,

does your sleep modus work after upgrading to 10.5.3? In my installation it fails after upgrading to 10.5.3; it doesn´t wake up. I´ve installed from the Leopard DVD..

any ideas? i´ve installed my 7900GS graphic card without nvinject or any driver, just added a string in the plist

apoo