[Guide & Software] Complete Intel Bad Axe 2 Walkthrough with Software

weaksauce12

918 posts in this topic

I'm tinkering with Chameleon, some new boot code; hopefully a future version will work for us. Keep an eye out and if you have some time download it, install it, and let me know what your results are. This whole Boot Code thing has me extremely frustrated. Right now I am still recommending Team Scream's great Kalyway guide for the BA2 if you want the newer software and features:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;p=653520&

If any of you are skilled with Boot Code, please shoot me a PM!

weaksauce,

What do you mean by boot code? Have you tried the latest version of Chameleon (1.0.11)? I don't have a BA2 but I think I might be able to help with Chameleon.

Yes, I've tested all the way up to .11. The BA2 handles boot code in an odd manner that I haven't been able to figure out yet. It should be blindingly simple, but the "normal" way just doesn't work.

I still don't get what you mean by "boot code". Are you talking about the Chameleon boot, BIOS, what?

Yeah, the boot files. boot0, boot1, etc. It doesn't do partition stuff the same way that other systems do...normally I'd just load up the boot files and flag the partition and such, but it doesn't work that way on this board. It's incredibly annoying and non-standard. With my patched Leopard disc in the DVD drive, it boots just fine. Without the disc present, it just gives me a blinking cursor.

Hey all,

I've decided to halt work on the Bad Axe 2 thread here, pending further development in the boot code arena. So unless something new comes out that magically fixes the boot code, my support on this thread is officially discontinued. The good news is that Team Scream has written up a wonderful guide using Kalyway, which allows you to use both EFIv8 as well as newer releases of Leopard such as 10.5.2+. This should actually yield better results than mine, so if you're planning on doing a fresh install, I would highly recommend going that route. If I encounter any new developments for the Bad Axe 2, I will revive the thread and post a new tutorial, otherwise use Team Scream's great tutorial! Here is the link:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your input, progress, and willingness to try new things, I couldn't have done it without you! It's been a great few months and I've had a blast learning about OSx86! Good luck in the future! :o

Future Plans: I am staying in the Hackintosh scene, but I am moving on to other projects. There may be more tutorials in the future on different hardware, if any of my other projects are as successful as this one was. Cheers!

Hey Sauce!

Good to see you in here.

I have been so busy doing work on my house that I have all but abandoned this place.

It is tough to keep up with things in here unless I visit every day several times a day which I just dont have time for right now with my 14-16 hours a day on my regular job and then every spare minute I have spent on my house project it is tough.

I would just like to say that I still use my BadAxe2 hackintosh every single day with zero issues.

I also have been having a lot of problems with the Asus Maximus board which I am trying to figure out.

I have had to wipe the OSX drive out and as I sit right now, my Maximus has Vista SP2 on it and seem to be running just fine.

I think my problems stemmed from too much over clocking on this (maximus) board which eventually broke the OSX install somehow.

Right now I am running the board at stock speeds and it seems pretty darn stable so I will go back to a 10.5.2 install on a seperate drive and see if I can get stability back.

What are your plans Sauce? have you acquired a new board? care to share some details?

P.M. me if you want to chat about it, I dont have iChat going on a system here at home right now unless I fire up the 8 core machine which I dont do unless I am editing video which is not happening right now.

I am really interested in hearing which direction you are going with Hackintosh right now, and I could be persuaded to buy similar components to help you test if you are excited about something so keep me posted bro.

My thought is that with Apple moving toward dual socket systems exclusively that eventually we will all have to have Xeon systems eventually to keep up and that single chip systems will be obsolete sooner rather than later.

So far to date the system that has been absolutely bullet proof for me has been my Tyan based Octa in my signature.

Followed closely, and I mean very closely by my BadAxe2.

Scream

Hey all,

I've decided to halt work on the Bad Axe 2 thread here, pending further development in the boot code arena. So unless something new comes out that magically fixes the boot code, my support on this thread is officially discontinued. The good news is that Team Scream has written up a wonderful guide using Kalyway, which allows you to use both EFIv8 as well as newer releases of Leopard such as 10.5.2+. This should actually yield better results than mine, so if you're planning on doing a fresh install, I would highly recommend going that route. If I encounter any new developments for the Bad Axe 2, I will revive the thread and post a new tutorial, otherwise use Team Scream's great tutorial! Here is the link:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your input, progress, and willingness to try new things, I couldn't have done it without you! It's been a great few months and I've had a blast learning about OSx86! Good luck in the future! :P

Future Plans: I am staying in the Hackintosh scene, but I am moving on to other projects. There may be more tutorials in the future on different hardware, if any of my other projects are as successful as this one was. Cheers!

I would just like to say that I still use my BadAxe2 hackintosh every single day with zero issues.

I also have been having a lot of problems with the Asus Maximus board which I am trying to figure out.

I have had to wipe the OSX drive out and as I sit right now, my Maximus has Vista SP2 on it and seem to be running just fine.

I think my problems stemmed from too much over clocking on this (maximus) board which eventually broke the OSX install somehow.

Right now I am running the board at stock speeds and it seems pretty darn stable so I will go back to a 10.5.2 install on a seperate drive and see if I can get stability back.

What are your plans Sauce? have you acquired a new board? care to share some details?

P.M. me if you want to chat about it, I dont have iChat going on a system here at home right now unless I fire up the 8 core machine which I dont do unless I am editing video which is not happening right now.

I am really interested in hearing which direction you are going with Hackintosh right now, and I could be persuaded to buy similar components to help you test if you are excited about something so keep me posted bro.

My thought is that with Apple moving toward dual socket systems exclusively that eventually we will all have to have Xeon systems eventually to keep up and that single chip systems will be obsolete sooner rather than later.

So far to date the system that has been absolutely bullet proof for me has been my Tyan based Octa in my signature.

Followed closely, and I mean very closely by my BadAxe2.

Scream

Hey good to hear from you! Yes, I do have a new board in the works - the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. It is rumored to be 100% compatible; it is very similar to our beloved Intel Bad Axe 2, but it doesn't have the oddball boot code issue, it has solid capacitors, and it supports 45nm processors (for future upgradability). Additionally, it has 100% working audio, which includes sleep. I have one in the mail right now! The DFI LanParty was the closest thing before, but audio sometimes broke when woken from Sleep, so it wasn't perfect. To top it all off - $109 on Newegg! You can get them NIB on eBay for about $80 if you search around though. It's actually for my wife's new mega-system (Q6600/8GB/Dual 1TB/8800GTS). So if that works, I am probably going to sell my Intel Bad Axe 2 (sniff) and snag one.

Other than that, I am working on fixing the dual-booting issue using Grub, which is a Linux bootloader. I don't know if it will go anywhere, but all of the dual-booting solutions currently stink and we are in desperate need of a better one, especially one that can support multiple OS's on the same drive as well as OS's on different physical drives. So that's my summer project, getting my hands dirty with the OS bootstrapping voodoo from the Linux world. I've actually been considering picking up the Tyan; I love my current Q6600 hack, but this HD Video Editing thing really demands some serious horsepower. Having a pair of Quads for FCP's SmoothCam feature would be very, very helpful. My hesitation is that if I went with a Tyan, I'd want that 32-gig RAM kit from OWC, and then I'd want a hefty RAID array for my video stuff (like a pair of 10TB RAID 5 or 6 sets). I'm not quite ready to invest in that amount of storage yet, although I have seen 1TB drives as low as $157. My next purchase for my current system is actually one of the new 10k-rpm 300gb Velicoraptor drives; I'm pretty excited about it. My system will now comprise of the following:

-2.4ghz Q6600

-8GB DDR2-800

-300GB 10K-RPM SATA Drive

-768mb Quadro FX 5600 (modded from an 8800GTX)

The Quadro card is an absolute beast, I love it! It's one of my favorite parts of my system. Along with the 300gb Raptor, it will be a pretty speedy machine! I still need to perfect my overclocking techniques, so if I can go back to 3ghz OC'd, that will just be the icing on the cake. I do wish this board supported 16gb of RAM though, I run a couple VMs on a separate drive and it'd be nice to have a *tad* bit more headroom for running those. All in all, I'm amazed at what this system lets me do. Rock on! :D

Yeah, I live by SuperDuper so I'm truly relieved to see it released for Leopard! And super excited to learn that it works on Hackintosh! Here is my progress tonight:

UUID Error:

I have been attempting to get Software RAID sets to act as boot drives. The first problem I ran into is that I got UUID Error 35 when SuperDuper tried to erase my OS X RAID set before cloning to it. Stella hooked me up with a custom plist to get rid of the UUID error (also fixes Time Machine/Ethernet but only for EFI 8 users!); here's a Zip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/89780723/UUIDfixer.zip.html

That file is for EFI 8.0 users ONLY! Do NOT use it on EFI 5.2! My EFI 8.0 guide is not ready for release yet for various reasons including bugs, so go with BJMoose's guide if you need EFI 8.0 for now.

Software RAID:

With the UUID problem solved, now I could get to work copying. The cloning worked perfectly; however, it would not boot. The drives were not even recognized. Next I tried SoftRAID, a third-party OS X software RAID driver:

http://www.softraid.com/

That gave me an error on boot about not finding the boot plist. So - my initial report is that Software RAID sets configured as Boot Drives do NOT work. This report is based on a couple quick test runs, that's all. I'm not saying it can't be done, in fact K.I.S.S. has his own thread on this and seems to have gotten it working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85943

I'd like to know for sure whether or not it works but I'm not sure how deep I want to dig with all the other projects on my plate right now. I'm not sure how Software RAID disk management would work when a hard drive dies either. So there's my preliminary report and I'm leaving it at that right now - if anyone else wants to run with it, they're more than welcome to.

Hardware RAID:

So what we now for sure right now is:

(1) SuperDuper works flawlessly for cloning Hackintosh installations on the BA2

(2) It IS possible to clone to a Hardware RAID set and boot from that RAID set. Many thanks to theotherone for his guide (posted here and separately) and for laying the ground work on this! I am using a sub-$30 2-port PCIe SATA RAID card from Newegg (Rosewill with SI3132 chip from Silicon Image) and it works flawlessly in my BA2 Hackintosh both as a secondary RAID drive set and as a boot RAID drive set. I haven't gotten RAID 0 working yet (only RAID 1 so far) so I'll report back with some Xbench scores on the RAID 0 if/when I get it working. I need to update my firmware and drivers first.

Back to finalizing Rev. 2 documentation :blink:

This UUID fix doesn't work for me when I add the string to my com.apple.Boot.plist (with 8800gt string already), this is my file;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <string>mach_kernel</string>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string></string>
<key>device-properties</key>
       <string>UUIDfixerstring</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>8800GTstring<string>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm using the wrong syntax, should I use </dict> in between?

FYI: My Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L arrived today. Works perfectly with Kalyway 10.5.2. Just install your video card driver plus the ALC888 driver and voila, you're golden. I'll probably make a new mini-thread on it tonight or tomorrow once I'm done testing it. Audio works. All 4 SATA ports work. Boot without Leopard DVD works. GUID works. Partition resizing works. Flawless. Around $100 anywhere.

:)

FYI: My Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L arrived today. Works perfectly with Kalyway 10.5.2. Just install your video card driver plus the ALC888 driver and voila, you're golden. I'll probably make a new mini-thread on it tonight or tomorrow once I'm done testing it. Audio works. All 4 SATA ports work. Boot without Leopard DVD works. GUID works. Partition resizing works. Flawless. Around $100 anywhere.

Hey Weaksauce,

When will your tutorial for that mobo be ready (just in case my Bad Axe 2 project doesn't work out)?

Cheers!

Hey Weaksauce,

When will your tutorial for that mobo be ready (just in case my Bad Axe 2 project doesn't work out)?

:dev:

Cheers!

I'll see if I can put it up today after work. It's really simple...just setup the BIOS, install Kalyway 10.5.2 (no audio, no graphics, no wifi, yes time machine patch), install the Kalyway 10.5.3 update, install the audio and video drivers, and run system updates. There are a couple minor bugs I'm working on (getting AHCI drives not to be orange etc.) but so far it's looking great. This board definitely doesn't have the boot code issue that the Bad Axe 2 does. Also, it's an excellent overclocking board and does so very easily with the built-in OC utility in the BIOS - I got my $69 2.0ghz Allendale up to 2.8ghz stable on the stock cooler and my $209 2.4ghz Q6600 up to 3.0ghz on the stock cooler. Installation from start to finish, including downloading all updates, takes less than an hour and is mostly automatic (i.e. waiting for Leopard to install for 20 minutes, waiting for 10.5.3 to install for 10 minutes, download updates for 10 minutes, etc.).

The Bad Axe 2 is a very stable board and you can get the newer Leopard features by following Team Scream's tutorial. The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L takes that stability and adds 45nm processor support, 100% working onboard audio (I've tested stereo output, line input, and mic input successfully so far), and no boot code issues. Also, it's about $100 cheaper than the Bad Axe 2. eWiz has it on sale this week for only $85.50:

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-P35DS3...ada80d7912a6914

I am replacing all of the Hackintoshes in my fleet with this wonderful board. I still have a few tweaks left to do, but I think this is going to be the new super-board. So now we have a Single-Processor board (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L) and a Dual-Processor board (Tyan S2696 via Team Scream) that seem to be working 100%. Woot! I am running 10.5.3 on the DS3L right now with the latest updates and everything is working just fine - Aperture 2.1, iLife 08, etc.

Oh, and you don't have to touch Terminal with the Gigabyte guide ;)

Xbench @ 186.03

Geekbench @ 4835

Update: I have one some little niggling quirk related to the Ethernet on the DS3L I am trying to get ironed out (Networking works, just has a minor bug that is annoying me). Once that is finished, or I find that the quirk is the best I can get, then I'll post the tutorial. Aside from that, it's working absolutely beautifully! :D

Update 2: No luck, ordered a PCI network card. Should show up by Wednesday, if it works I'll post the tutorial then, unless I find a 100% working driver sooner...

Update: I have one some little niggling quirk related to the Ethernet on the DS3L I am trying to get ironed out (Networking works, just has a minor bug that is annoying me). Once that is finished, or I find that the quirk is the best I can get, then I'll post the tutorial. Aside from that, it's working absolutely beautifully! :D

Update 2: No luck, ordered a PCI network card. Should show up by Wednesday, if it works I'll post the tutorial then, unless I find a 100% working driver sooner...

Sauce is there a possibility that you may need to change device ID in AppleYukon.kext and manually load this extension (Marvell Yukon Fast Ethernet 8036) ??

Just a thought after poking around in the wiki.

One thing I noticed about the Gigabyte board that I dont like right off the bat is that it appears to only have 4 SATA (3) ports ? this is extremely limiting if for example you have a SATA DVD drive like I do now. I hate the idea of using an add in card for more hard drives.

Also what about eSATA ? there does not appear to be any onboard support for eSATA which is also a bit troubling.

I am sure that this board will be a solid performer on Leopard and ease of installation and use is going to be nice but it is a little to barebones for me.

I really like this board:Gigabyte P-45 Based Mobo

This bad boy has 10 SATA 3 ports, supports RAID 0-1-5 and 10 (obviously not on a Hack most likely) but since no matter what I build I will always make it dual boot with the exception of the Tyan system it seems like it would be a monster.

It also has 8 USB ports on the backplane as well as 4 on the mobo for front panel connections which is really nice. AND it has 3 firewire ports which is also very very nice.

The real kicker is the fact that it supports 16 gigs of memory which is HUGE for a Hackintosh single processor system!!!!!

I am going to pull the trigger on this mobo and see what it can do as a hackintosh, and if all else fails, it will be a rock solid Vista/XP monster.

Sauce is there a possibility that you may need to change device ID in AppleYukon.kext and manually load this extension (Marvell Yukon Fast Ethernet 8036) ??

Just a thought after poking around in the wiki.

One thing I noticed about the Gigabyte board that I dont like right off the bat is that it appears to only have 4 SATA (3) ports ? this is extremely limiting if for example you have a SATA DVD drive like I do now. I hate the idea of using an add in card for more hard drives.

Also what about eSATA ? there does not appear to be any onboard support for eSATA which is also a bit troubling.

I am sure that this board will be a solid performer on Leopard and ease of installation and use is going to be nice but it is a little to barebones for me.

I really like this board:Gigabyte P-45 Based Mobo

This bad boy has 10 SATA 3 ports, supports RAID 0-1-5 and 10 (obviously not on a Hack most likely) but since no matter what I build I will always make it dual boot with the exception of the Tyan system it seems like it would be a monster.

It also has 8 USB ports on the backplane as well as 4 on the mobo for front panel connections which is really nice. AND it has 3 firewire ports which is also very very nice.

The real kicker is the fact that it supports 16 gigs of memory which is HUGE for a Hackintosh single processor system!!!!!

I am going to pull the trigger on this mobo and see what it can do as a hackintosh, and if all else fails, it will be a rock solid Vista/XP monster.

Hmm, I haven't tried that method yet. The Encore Gigabit PCI Network card arrived today and works flawlessly. The Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev2 is a 100% working system with that card. The board has 4 SATA ports and the rev2 board has 6 USB ports onboard. This is more of a Mac Pro "Lite" than a Mac Pro replacement like the monsters you put together ;)

I too am a bit bummed out about the lack of ports (6 USB ports instead of 8, 4 SATA ports instead of 8, no onboard Firewire), but you can easily add them with aftermarket cards. It has 3 PCI-Express 1x ports and 3 regular PCI ports in addition to the 16x PCI-Express port, so you can add cards up the wazoo. Plus, it's 100% working like your Tyan S2696, so it's a small price to pay for compatibility, I think. I am just testing a few more things tonight before zipping up the package and posting a new thread. I am very interested to hear about that P45-based motherboard, however...even with a single processor, having the ability to load it with 16 gigs of ram would be most welcome on a budget power user-minded system like this!

Darn it, this fix didn't work for me. SuperDuper still gives the same error about UUID. Does the drive being MBR make a difference>?

Lately it's been a bummer how all the fixes for my hackintosh never seem to work ;) . First this, and then the AD1981 audio fix not working :(

Yeah, I live by SuperDuper so I'm truly relieved to see it released for Leopard! And super excited to learn that it works on Hackintosh! Here is my progress tonight:

UUID Error:

I have been attempting to get Software RAID sets to act as boot drives. The first problem I ran into is that I got UUID Error 35 when SuperDuper tried to erase my OS X RAID set before cloning to it. Stella hooked me up with a custom plist to get rid of the UUID error (also fixes Time Machine/Ethernet but only for EFI 8 users!); here's a Zip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/89780723/UUIDfixer.zip.html

That file is for EFI 8.0 users ONLY! Do NOT use it on EFI 5.2! My EFI 8.0 guide is not ready for release yet for various reasons including bugs, so go with BJMoose's guide if you need EFI 8.0 for now.

Software RAID:

With the UUID problem solved, now I could get to work copying. The cloning worked perfectly; however, it would not boot. The drives were not even recognized. Next I tried SoftRAID, a third-party OS X software RAID driver:

http://www.softraid.com/

That gave me an error on boot about not finding the boot plist. So - my initial report is that Software RAID sets configured as Boot Drives do NOT work. This report is based on a couple quick test runs, that's all. I'm not saying it can't be done, in fact K.I.S.S. has his own thread on this and seems to have gotten it working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85943

I'd like to know for sure whether or not it works but I'm not sure how deep I want to dig with all the other projects on my plate right now. I'm not sure how Software RAID disk management would work when a hard drive dies either. So there's my preliminary report and I'm leaving it at that right now - if anyone else wants to run with it, they're more than welcome to.

Hardware RAID:

So what we now for sure right now is:

(1) SuperDuper works flawlessly for cloning Hackintosh installations on the BA2

(2) It IS possible to clone to a Hardware RAID set and boot from that RAID set. Many thanks to theotherone for his guide (posted here and separately) and for laying the ground work on this! I am using a sub-$30 2-port PCIe SATA RAID card from Newegg (Rosewill with SI3132 chip from Silicon Image) and it works flawlessly in my BA2 Hackintosh both as a secondary RAID drive set and as a boot RAID drive set. I haven't gotten RAID 0 working yet (only RAID 1 so far) so I'll report back with some Xbench scores on the RAID 0 if/when I get it working. I need to update my firmware and drivers first.

Back to finalizing Rev. 2 documentation ;)

Darn it, this fix didn't work for me. SuperDuper still gives the same error about UUID. Does the drive being MBR make a difference>?

Lately it's been a bummer how all the fixes for my hackintosh never seem to work ;) . First this, and then the AD1981 audio fix not working :D

Do you have EFI v8 on your system? My original guide was EFI v5.2. My advice would be to try Team Scream's Kalyway-based guide here:

Do you have EFI v8 on your system? My original guide was EFI v5.2. My advice would be to try Team Scream's Kalyway-based guide here:

Hi Weaksauce, thanks for your response.

I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 based install which uses efi v8. ;) So I don't think that guide will fix my SuperDuper issue?

Hi Weaksauce, thanks for your response.

I have a Kalyway 10.5.2 based install which uses efi v8. ;) So I don't think that guide will fix my SuperDuper issue?

Personally I've never gotten Kalyway to work on my Bad Axe 2, so I can't really comment on it. I've had much better overall success with my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L - if you're open to upgrading, you could probably sell your BA2 for the same price as a new DS3L. eWiz has the DS3L this week for $84:

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-P35DS3...92edeaca2c2a9d1

Personally I've never gotten Kalyway to work on my Bad Axe 2, so I can't really comment on it. I've had much better overall success with my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L - if you're open to upgrading, you could probably sell your BA2 for the same price as a new DS3L. eWiz has the DS3L this week for $84:

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-P35DS3...92edeaca2c2a9d1

Actually that's what I am planning to do over time -- starting to assemble the necessary parts to do my first osx86 build. For now, the Pentium D stays until I get the parts deals :wacko:

Now I am learning about EFI, really want to understand how osx86 works at a low layer. I found this thread http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,10...rdseen.html#new which explains how the strings work. Is there one for Chameleon you recomend as that's the EFI I want to use in the future so might as well learn there.

Thanks!

Actually that's what I am planning to do over time -- starting to assemble the necessary parts to do my first osx86 build. For now, the Pentium D stays until I get the parts deals :(

Now I am learning about EFI, really want to understand how osx86 works at a low layer. I found this thread http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,10...rdseen.html#new which explains how the strings work. Is there one for Chameleon you recomend as that's the EFI I want to use in the future so might as well learn there.

Thanks!

If you're interested in getting into the nuts and bolts of things, I'd recommend checking out the BOOT-132 project, which is incorporating Chameleon:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114013

Anyone experiencing issues regarding information showed in system profiler (about this mac) after 10.5.4 update ? I have CPU C2D E6600 - 2,4ghz although sys. profiler is showing 4ghz instead. I'm using vanilla smbios.kext since sleep is fully working with it.

Anyone experiencing issues regarding information showed in system profiler (about this mac) after 10.5.4 update ? I have CPU C2D E6600 - 2,4ghz although sys. profiler is showing 4ghz instead. I'm using vanilla smbios.kext since sleep is fully working with it.

You can manually edit it back to the correct values. I have a tutorial here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry576689

Cheers! :P

Ok, sigh. I've been using the Bad Axe 2 for about a year now, since Leopard, GUID etc things have gone down hill, especially with efi etc. I get kernel panics, and a whole slew of the normal suid errors, laggy performance and all around annoyances that have left me wondering if I should have opted for a gigabyte board.

Anyways, before I decide to abandon the badaxe2, has anyone been using Chameleon or the boot132?

Weaksauce12 and Team Scream both seem to have gone on to other boards despite continually offering their much appreciated support.

However, I feel reluctant to purchase a new board until the p45 and ich10 have gone through some more testing.

So, where are we with the Bad Axe 2 now? Are all the boot head aches still prevalent with Chameleon?

I guess I should probably just figure out boot132, make a stable iso post it, use chameleon, efi strings etc and update one these tutorial posts. I'm just reluctant because I'm still thinking of giving up on this, any thoughts?