New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I've posted this somewhere before and I haven't recieved a response so I thought that this might be a place where I could get some help. I have the AMD Leopard disk downloaded and burnt on a dvd. I have been trying for the last few days to get OS X Leopard 10.5.1 working on my computer and have yet to get anywhere. I found on the forum that I needed a special install dvd for AMD Processors and proceeded to download it and burnt it to a dvd using DVD decryptor. I have yet to get past the firewire unable to determine security-mode error when going through safemode and normal mode. This error stops my dvd drive (I have know idea why) and just doesn't progress. What should I do?

Here is my information:

Processor AMD 64 Athlon 3500+ (which I have been told can run it)

1 gig of RAM

ASUSTEk Amberine M 1.03 Motherboard

Two SATA hard drives (200 and an 80gig)

Two ATA DVD Drives (One doesn't function properly and the other is a Pioneer)

Do I need to provide any other information? Sorry I'm new at this but it seems like it will be fun to work with. Thanks for the help.

How long are you waiting to get past that firewire post? It does take a pretty good amount of time to get through the whole 1st phase. Try to wait for some more time, and see what happens. Don't worry too much in what the firewire says: I received the same message, but I allocated some more time. Finally it worked, but now I may need a USB mouse. :P

I've posted this somewhere before and I haven't recieved a response so I thought that this might be a place where I could get some help. I have the AMD Leopard disk downloaded and burnt on a dvd. I have been trying for the last few days to get OS X Leopard 10.5.1 working on my computer and have yet to get anywhere. I found on the forum that I needed a special install dvd for AMD Processors and proceeded to download it and burnt it to a dvd using DVD decryptor. I have yet to get past the firewire unable to determine security-mode error when going through safemode and normal mode. This error stops my dvd drive (I have know idea why) and just doesn't progress. What should I do?

Here is my information:

Processor AMD 64 Athlon 3500+ (which I have been told can run it)

1 gig of RAM

ASUSTEk Amberine M 1.03 Motherboard

Two SATA hard drives (200 and an 80gig)

Two ATA DVD Drives (One doesn't function properly and the other is a Pioneer)

Do I need to provide any other information? Sorry I'm new at this but it seems like it will be fun to work with. Thanks for the help.

How long are you waiting to get past that firewire post? It does take a pretty good amount of time to get through the whole 1st phase. Try to wait for some more time, and see what happens. Don't worry too much in what the firewire says: I received the same message, but I allocated some more time. Finally it worked, but now I may need a USB mouse. :P

How long do you think I should wait before doing something else, five minutes, half hour, an hour?

I would give the entire process between 5-10 minutes (10 min. max).

Question: Is it possible to get these commands (in the following link mentioned in another thread), before I begin the installation of Leopard on my system? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry565921

I have Keyboard/Mouse PS/2, not USB, and was wondering a way in how to devise a solution.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

How long do you think I should wait before doing something else, five minutes, half hour, an hour?

Question: Is it possible to get these commands (in the following link mentioned in another thread), before I begin the installation of Leopard on my system? http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry565921

I have Keyboard/Mouse PS/2, not USB, and was wondering a way in how to devise a solution.

Have you been to the Wiki?

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc4

or here?

http://osx.kbot.de/

There's lots of information.

haha I've waited for twenty and still nothing has happened, what do you think I should do next? Thanks for all the help by the way.

I would give the entire process between 5-10 minutes (10 min. max).
I sometimes get this error before it even loads:system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not foundwould that have something to do with not being able to install? if so how do I fix it?

I installed the GenPC USB kext and USB 2.0 works with legacy disabled in bios only. If enabled, USB 1 works but 2.0 does not.

What's the right name for thi kext? Where can i find it?

Thanks!

Hey Fesob, I couldn't help noticing that you have the same processor that I do. I was wondering if you got this to work and if so what guide did you use or what did you have to do to get it working?

What's the right name for thi kext? Where can i find it?

Thanks!

If I were you, try burning a new .iso at 2x speed. That may do the trick, because that worked for me. Burning these images are sensitive I see. Use http://www.swiftdisc.com/ (download a trial of swiftdisc burning software, very reliable), and burn your 3.35GB image on 2x speed. If this does not work as well, please post your errors on this thread.

haha I've waited for twenty and still nothing has happened, what do you think I should do next? Thanks for all the help by the way.I sometimes get this error before it even loads:system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not foundwould that have something to do with not being able to install? if so how do I fix it?
Cgsheen, since the wireless receiver for my keyboard is actually a USB, will the installation at least detect my keyboard? Also, if this is the case, do you think if I buy a converter for the Logitech mouse, everything should work then? My Logitech Cordless Click! Plus mouse that came coupled with my Logitech Keyboard LX700 is PS/2. Anyway to get this working Leopard installation?

PS2 Mouse & Keyboard issue

after installing Leopard , boot again from the install dvd and after choosing your language, choose "terminal" from the menu bar: then enter this command:

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

NOTE: replace /Volumes/leopard according to the name you gave at your Leo partition

Also worth considering: use of USB keybords/mice during installation issues.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Lastly, how successful has Leopard been with NVIDIA 6600Gt cards? Please let me know about that as well. Thanks.

Have you been to the Wiki?http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc4 or here?http://osx.kbot.de/ There's lots of information.

Still having trouble with sound, tried the alc880 hdapatcher with no luck. I have an alc850 but ive also got a creative sound card installed. Could this be conflicting in the system?

Regarding the usb dirve no0t being detected, all I had to do was turn off Legacy USB in the BIOS and now usb is working great, Before the mouse would go all over the place but now its smooth and my external drive is being detected fine. Now to narrow down this damn sound problem...

it should work... if you hdd is not detected in the disk utility you have two solutions :

1. wait for rev2

2. add medevil kext to the dvd so it can recognise your hdd

Seen in ur Signature that u r using ~~HP Pavilion~~

did ur Buildin Keyboard & touchpad ( not much worried about touchpad as i have USB mouse )

worked during Installation & after that

Okay, so I booted into my external hd from my laptop to see if it would work and lo and behold it works. Even my touchpad is working, though it wonks out from time to time.

I've got a Broadcom BCM4311 wireless card that is detected and working (sort of) Airport can not locate any wireless networks (there are plenty including mine in the area). Does anyone have a suggestion? I've read that this card has worked ootb for many, and the fact that it seems to be detected and functioning gives me great hope.

Thanks!

Product Name HP Pavilion dv6448se US Product Number GA448UA#ABA Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56 Microprocessor Cache 512KB+512KB L2 Cache Memory 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) Memory Max Max supported 2048 MB Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) Video Memory Up to 559 MB Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 RPM) SATA Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support Display 15.4" WXGA High-Definition Brightview Widescreen (1280 X 800) Display Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN (Broadcom BCM4311) Multimedia Features Special Edition HP Imprint Finish & HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone Sound Altec Lansing Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons- HP Quick Play Menu and DVD Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad PC Card Slots

• 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
  • 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
  • 2 Headphone out - 1 w/SPDIF Digital Audio & 1 stereo
  • 1 microphone-in
  • 1 VGA (15-pin)
  • 1 TV-Out (S-video)
  • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
  • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
  • 1 notebook expansion port 3
  • 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
  • 1 Consumer IR

My logitech is USB only for the Keyboard, but the mouse is PS/2.

You need a USB keyboard and mouse. PS2 keyboards don't work after the initial screen (not without "injecting a .kext"). Is your Logitech USB?
Zephyoth, do you think you can PS/2 support for both Keyboard and Mouse (integrated into the installation process and O/S environment after installed)? This would be great, especially if you make this an automatic setting, because there are a lot of PC user's out there that still use the older PS/2. Please make a patch for us, or include this in the next version of the DVD, thank you.
I made that iso so that Leopard runs on my system:- I don't need wireless support so I didn't include third party drivers about that- I have a Geforce 8800 GTS so there's no Natit but NVinject and some kexts modified for 320, 512, 640 and 768 MB, there are some kexts named ATI**** but I don't know anything about ATI support, if you don't own a Geforce 8800, you must boot in VESA mode and install drivers that match your cardIn fact all I know is this iso is running perfectly on my PC.MD5SUM : 9fa4a7e1726757b958ce8da3a6fe8187

Okay, so I booted into my external hd from my laptop to see if it would work and lo and behold it works. Even my touchpad is working, though it wonks out from time to time.

I've got a Broadcom BCM4311 wireless card that is detected and working (sort of) Airport can not locate any wireless networks (there are plenty including mine in the area). Does anyone have a suggestion? I've read that this card has worked ootb for many, and the fact that it seems to be detected and functioning gives me great hope.

Thanks!

Product Name HP Pavilion dv6448se US Product Number GA448UA#ABA Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56 Microprocessor Cache 512KB+512KB L2 Cache Memory 2048 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) Memory Max Max supported 2048 MB Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) Video Memory Up to 559 MB Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 RPM) SATA Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support Display 15.4" WXGA High-Definition Brightview Widescreen (1280 X 800) Display Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN (Broadcom BCM4311) Multimedia Features Special Edition HP Imprint Finish & HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone Sound Altec Lansing Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons- HP Quick Play Menu and DVD Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad PC Card Slots

• 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

Hi Friend,

I have nearly same specs as of you for my Compaq V6211AU Notebook

Wht release you installed & wht and all is working can u please list them

Wht about the Inbuild Keyboard.

Did it worked during install & after that ?

Thanks in advance

Cgsheen, since the wireless receiver for my keyboard is actually a USB, will the installation at least detect my keyboard? Also, if this is the case, do you think if I buy a converter for the Logitech mouse, everything should work then? My Logitech Cordless Click! Plus mouse that came coupled with my Logitech Keyboard LX700 is PS/2. Anyway to get this working Leopard installation?

Dude!

I just looked at the Users manual for the "Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 700" ( wireless keyboard / wireless optical mouse combo ) on the Logitech website. That's what you have???

IT'S NOT A PS2 MOUSE!

There are included PS2 connectors IF a USB port is UNAVAILABLE. Otherwise you USE ONLY the USB connector. DON'T plug in the PS2 connector!

It's a FULLY USB keyboard / mouse combo.

( I don't mean to be harsh, but you've spent a fair amount of time (and Forum posts) on an issue you could have resolved with a little reading / research. And, you could have been much further along in your Zephyroth install! ;) I'm happy to help, but you need to "help yourself" also. )

Logitech Users Manual LX 700:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...619&p_olh=0

Hi i have this notebook, gx 610, i cant make it work, cant install leopard or tiger, the downloads were right, with this i mean that are the ones for AMD, but i just cant install =( allways get some error, no mather how i try to boot, it frezze always for some error.

maybe is a compatibility issue, thats why i post here my specifications, sorry if im doing this wrong, is my frist post, thx in advance.

Processor & Cache

AMD Turion64 X2 Processor TL 56

Chipsets

Ati RX690+SB600 Chipset

System Memory

512MB/1GB (DDR2 533/667) ,Max:2 GB

Graphics & Video Module

ATi HD2600 Graphic, 256MB DDR3 VRAM

Audio

SoundBlaster compatible

HDD

160GB SATA (5400RPM)

Optical Drive

DVD Super Multi/ HD DVD

Webcam

1.3M

Card Reader

4-in-1 Card Reader, SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro

Communication Port

Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN and Modem Module

Built-in 802.11b/g WLAN Card / Bluetooth Supported (Bluetooth is optional)

I/O Port

Graphics Card Output (15-pin, D-Sub) X 1

USB2.0 Port X 4

Mic-in Port X 1

Headphone Output X 1

Modem Port X 1

LAN Port X 1

PCI Express Card X 1

IEEE1394 X 1

HDMI X 1

S-Video X 1

Hi Friend,

I have nearly same specs as of you for my Compaq V6211AU Notebook

Wht release you installed & wht and all is working can u please list them

Wht about the Inbuild Keyboard.

Did it worked during install & after that ?

Thanks in advance

Version 1. I used my desktop pc (specs are in an earlier post) to install to an external hd. I went through all of the usual problems: Two minute hang, account creation loop, could only boot with -x for a while. Also I had to use USB keyboard & mouse for install. Once I could boot and everything worked except sound and internet, I connted my laptop to the external hard drive and booted into it.

Everything seems to work so far, DVD drive, keyboard, touchpad (sometimes I have to reboot because it doesn't respond at the start). I did put the PS2 kext in from my desktop so that might have helped the laptop keyboard to work. Not sure though.

On a side note - EasyBCD is the greatest for multiple booting.

Hi i have this notebook, gx 610, i cant make it work, cant install leopard or tiger, the downloads were right, with this i mean that are the ones for AMD, but i just cant install =( allways get some error, no mather how i try to boot, it frezze always for some error.maybe is a compatibility issue, thats why i post here my specifications, sorry if im doing this wrong, is my frist post, thx in advance.Processor & CacheAMD Turion64 X2 Processor TL 56Chipsets Ati RX690+SB600 Chipset
There's your problem - the 690/SB600 chipset...There's no built in support. You'll have to install to an external hard drive like "Dirk Gently" did (congrats Dirk!) OR you'll have to build a new .iso (adding the "SB600_SATA_ATA" .kexts to the installation disk (ya, it's NOT as easy as it sounds!))
Still having trouble with sound, tried the alc880 hdapatcher with no luck. I have an alc850 but ive also got a creative sound card installed. Could this be conflicting in the system?
Ya, I would use only one or the other - especially at first - to get something going. Our first install has an ALC850 and it was supported natively by the Zephyroth installer. We didn't have to change anything. My son uses it daily with GarageBand... I've never used a Creative sound card though.
Way to go Dirk! :unsure:

Please, someone help me! I get leopard to load, and the i go to disk utilities to try and partition my harddrive, but ti doesnt work! :rolleyes: it gives me the error :

Partition Failed

Partition Failed with the error:

Input/output error

PLEASE can anyone help me??

im still gettin that "waiting for root device" no matter wut disk im using

which do i need to set as master and slave?

btw im using a

-MSI K8N Neo4-F Motherboard

-nVidia 6600GT Graphics Card

-AMD Athlon 3500+ processor

(i also attached my config so you can see which ones are the current master and slave_

sorry for being a noob :(

post-179129-1201635662_thumb.jpg

Its about time us AMD users got something..

Now lets see who can help me with this ..

Any of you guys on the irc ?

Okay, well I seem to be stuck here...

Every time I try Zephyroths (Or Tubgirls) image on my machine i get:

SAM Multimedia: read or write failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC =0x08, ASCQ=0x03

about 5 times and then:

Still waiting for root device

And yes, I know that it usually have something to do with a badly written DVD, but have tried everything, 3 different programs, and 7 dvds at different speeds and all have failed at the same step.

The weird thing is, that if I try to use it in VmWare, it seems to get further than when i run it natively on my machine...

Could someone please help me in the right direction?

I was wondering if you got this to work and if so what guide did you use or what did you have to do to get it working?

Yep, i got it to work ;)

Zepyroth's Ver.1 does not support cpu's lacking SSE3 instructions. First you have to get a sse2 kernel (and the Zephyroth .iso). Then you must use Transmac, read the iso, replace the kernel and burn a new disc with this software. Use thi new patched disc to install. This way the sse2 kernel can get you trhough the installation of the os but it will write on the hard disk the unpatched sse3 anyway! So, once installed the os, you have to replace again the kernel located in the root of Leopard partition with the sse2 kernel (you can use Macfusion to do this).

This link can be some help: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

Good work :)

Oh {censored}, I didn't realize that. This whole time I've been using PS/2. But wait...the manual specifically says PC notebooks. Let me still check and see if my combo works with one USB. One time, I told one of my cousins not to buy this combo for his notebook, because it was designed for Desktops (via USB for Keyboard and PS/2 for mouse). Looks like thats not the case either. Thanks a lot man. This really does save a lot. :-) "I feel very embarrased now." Ah well, thanks a lot. Now lets Install this NOW!. :):P

Dude!

I just looked at the Users manual for the "Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 700" ( wireless keyboard / wireless optical mouse combo ) on the Logitech website. That's what you have???

IT'S NOT A PS2 MOUSE!

There are included PS2 connectors IF a USB port is UNAVAILABLE. Otherwise you USE ONLY the USB connector. DON'T plug in the PS2 connector!

It's a FULLY USB keyboard / mouse combo.

( I don't mean to be harsh, but you've spent a fair amount of time (and Forum posts) on an issue you could have resolved with a little reading / research. And, you could have been much further along in your Zephyroth install! ;) I'm happy to help, but you need to "help yourself" also. )

Logitech Users Manual LX 700:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...619&p_olh=0