313 posts in this topic

I am trying in Leo using >

ATIRadeon.kext -from tiger

ATIRadeonGA.Plugin-from tiger

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver -Graphics update

ATIRadeon9700GA.Plugin -Graphics update

ATIRadeon9700VADriver -Graphics update

ATIRadeonGLDriver -Graphics update

with kexthelper install callisto and agpart kext * dont forget change in callistohal the ID

before everything apply koverg patch at radeon9700

then put your ID in ati radeon9700

finally

change for CallistoFB in ioprovidercalls in info.plist for atiradeonga.plugin and atiradeon9700ga.plugin if you dont use both you never can use dvdplayer

I am trying but is not solvet completely many crashes in video application and dvd

with kexthelper install callisto and agpart kext * dont forget change in callistohal the ID

finally

change for CallistoFB in ioprovidercalls in info.plist for atiradeonga.plugin and atiradeon9700ga.plugin if you dont use both you never can use dvdplayer

I am trying but is not solvet completely many crashes in video application and dvd

could you send me those files??

OK I'll send you as soon as possible, but you can find it in graphics LEo update with pacifist or MacOS 10.4.5 combo intel update download from Aplle.

Please consider I am trying to solve, but it is very difficult , I am able to open dvd palyer and watch some fragments then there is a crash the same for VLC and in system profiler does not appear as QE CI supported.

could you send me those files??

ok try this one http://rapidshare.com/files/106687924/radeon.rar.html

use the ID of your ATI card in info plist of radeon9700.kext

all is already patched using koverg.

you need to install callisto 3 and agpart before !!!

install with kexthelper ,repair permission and restart from terminal using the command "reboot" from there

you could be able to open dvd palyer and other dvd program ,

warning !!! crashes are very common

ok try this one http://rapidshare.com/files/106687924/radeon.rar.html

use the ID of your ATI card in info plist of radeon9700.kext

all is already patched using koverg.

you need to install callisto 3 and agpart before !!!

install with kexthelper ,repair permission and restart from terminal using the command "reboot" from there

you could be able to open dvd palyer and other dvd program ,

warning !!! crashes are very common

thanks lunux for the kexts, was like pulling teeth to get any files out of anyone on this thread....

(i know this is pretty much a goose chase to some degree, but its something to fiddle with when i have nothing else to do)

at any rate, here are the original 9A321 ATI kexts in case anyone is still looking for them...

http://rapidshare.com/files/107804198/leop..._KEXTs.zip.html

Files inside:

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeon8500.kext

ATIRadeon8500DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon8500GA.plugin

ATIRadeon8500GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon8500VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700.kext

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeon.kext

ATIRadeonDVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonGA.plugin

ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATIRage128.kext

ATIRage128DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRage128GA.plugin

ATIRage128GLDriver.bundle

ATIRagePro.kext

ATIRageProGA.plugin

finally

Hi lunux, is this for ATI Mobility 9700? Thanks.

Seriously.. this card is likely to NEVER work under Leo. It's too old and the drivers are PPC now. I would advise an upgrade. Anything hacked together so far has been more unusable then just using vesa 3.0 mode.

Seriously.. this card is likely to NEVER work under Leo. It's too old and the drivers are PPC now. I would advise an upgrade. Anything hacked together so far has been more unusable then just using vesa 3.0 mode.

You maybe right, but I am stuck with this card on my laptop...

Thanks. Do I have to koverg patch these files?
no you dont need to patch they are already patched. before install using kexthelper delete all ati radeon 9700 kext and ati radeonGA . dvdplayer is working some time i have only sound and few images from dvd.
Thanks. Do I have to koverg patch these files?
dont forget your ID dislay adapter in atiradeon9700, using nano

no you dont need to patch they are already patched. before install using kexthelper delete all ati radeon 9700 kext and ati radeonGA . dvdplayer is working some time i have only sound and few images from dvd.dont forget your ID dislay adapter in atiradeon9700, using nano

Thanks you very much lunux. I have tried it but still no go...

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 whose DEVid (0x4E50) is already in the info.plist file of ATIRadeon9700.kext. Should I just leave it as it is, then?

Also, considering that the files are already koverg-patched, I guess I should ignore the instructions of the ReadMe...

berteso

Thanks you very much lunux. I have tried it but still no go...

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 whose DEVid (0x4E50) is already in the info.plist file of ATIRadeon9700.kext. Should I just leave it as it is, then?

Also, considering that the files are already koverg-patched, I guess I should ignore the instructions of the ReadMe...

berteso

exactly , install with kexthelper no more, if ID is in info.plist.

repair permissions

reboot from terminal

exactly , install with kexthelper no more, if ID is in info.plist.

repair permissions

reboot from terminal

sorry you have to koverg patch it cause your ID is different than mine.

so please try again using koverg after installing atiradeon9700

If there is anyone interested in working on a fully capable kext for the x850 for Leopard 10.5.1 and/or 10.5.2 and there is anyone willing to donate to the cause, I will set up a paypal account and put in $10 to start it off. will post more information if there is enough of a response.

If we can get about 100 people all donating $10 that would be well worth the trouble.

If there is anyone interested in working on a fully capable kext for the x850 for Leopard 10.5.1 and/or 10.5.2 and there is anyone willing to donate to the cause, I will set up a paypal account and put in $10 to start it off. will post more information if there is enough of a response.

If we can get about 100 people all donating $10 that would be well worth the trouble.

i'd be willing to contribute. my card is x850xt sapphire. device id = 5D52. please keep me in the loop if this kicks off!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello girls and guys :thumbsup_anim:

just a little questions as i see latest post in this topic is a few days ago ... didn't understand the thread completly but my only question is if at this moment anyone got ati x700 5653 fully working in leo?

greetz :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iPod Hacka

So, I can't get my ATI Radeon 9700 graphics card working perfect? :)

I would upgrade it but I have a friggen laptop and a stupid old iMac that barely runs Tiger :(

(I'm a bit of a OSx86 noob btw)

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know how I can get more thant 1024x768 out of my 3150 Radeon Mobility X600 ?

Please anyone?

yes, with callisto 3

or ati zorz script which install easier the callisto:

./builddoe.sh 31 50

./doe.sh cal3 0x0x0 0 0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a ATI Radeon 9600 XT, and I tried all the method in this topic, but after installing, repairing permissions, deleteing Extensions.mkext, and restarting, in System Profiler, under Graphics Card, it says No Kext Loaded. How do I make it load the kext?

EDIT: It may be a versioning error or something. I am using 10.5.3, but I copied all the Extensions from 10.5.1 (since that's what everyone else in here has), going to try again with 10.5.3 Extensions.

EDIT2: Getting closer, what do I do about this?

kextload: loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension <kext here>

link/load failed for extension <kext here>

Trying to load any graphics driver gets me this (Callisto, ATIRadeon9700.kext, etc)