Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

hey there! many thanks to all you guys which did a great job!

i spent a lot effort during the last 2 weeks and now finally got a more or less satisfying solution on my laptop..

i am using a fujitsu-siemens lifebook e8410

(core2duo on gm865 chipset with x3100, display-resolution is 1680x1050)

i am currently running osx 10.5.1 and my gfx-info shows this:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

the closest resolution (to the native 1680 x 1050 one) i can get is 1680 x 1024

(i increased step by step and on 1025 height the screen goes light/blue .. but 1024 looks interesting.. as 1280x1024 is often used.. maybe anywhere in my kext's or somewhere else this is fixed..?! noobish idea.. :( )

=> the remaining 30 pixel show artefacts..

but however i am satisfied that CI/QE is enabled

my steps are to following

1) create a chameleon-boot-cd (or usb/sdcard/partition..)

2) boot with the cd and then run osx-leopard setup using a retail dvd and boot-parameter "-x" (safemode)

3) 10.5.1 vanilla running.. then add the natit.kext from paulicat

4) delete all gma950 and intelintegratedframe... from library

5) restart.. without -x and use an external display

6) create a customized resolution in switchresx (1680x1024)

7) reboot -> internal display works well..

(if anyone has problems to understand my bad english, please tell me and i will hopefully be able to improve..)

I have made it a lot easier now using EFI strings for the X3100. Take a look at the link below it tells you how i did it and i'll Make a new Topic so that people can upload their RAW EDID's and full IOREG dumps for me to make the EFI strings for them. If anyone else would like to help PM me as i have a funny feeling that the forum Will be Filled right quick. If some one can send me a GMA950 Apple mac Dump and a hackingtosh GMA950 IOREG i might even be able to help you guys to. If the first guy whom sends the Dumps i need also Send their RAW EDID i'd be grateful!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry862722

Hey guys,

I got my laptop to work 100% now with Leo's framebuffer with Natit.kext which I modded for gma.

So far I've only tested it on my laptop. I'm skeptical that it will work for desktops without further modification, but its worth testing.

You need to make sure you replace your existing AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one from real leo.

Move your working framebuffer somewhere outside of /System/Library/Extensions and use ssh to move it back in case you get blue screen.

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ej2e9z2xg1d

EDIT: Forgot to attach screenshot of proof, note the GMA950.kext and Framebuffer.kext versions. :)

Paulicat

can u help me with my problem ?

this is my problem

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120715

I've got an unusual problem. Whenever I install ideneb 10.5.4, or any distro for that matter that is 10.5.4, my screen is unusable upon boot. The screen flickers on and off, as well as side to side MANY times a second, which makes it next to impossible to even select shutdown from the menu. This only happens however if I have both cores enabled on my laptop. I have the gma950 driver installed from the ideneb dvd, but should I try and reinstall the driver, or will this not help? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

currently i was running kalyway 10.5.1 and everything worked ethernet my gma 950 sound video time machine all worked...now i started to read alot about these kalyway updates..so out of my own stupidity i updated my machine from 10.5.1 -> 10.5.4 :unsure:......Now everything working beautifully but the only problem is that i cant change my resoulution and my mouse becomes invisible when i put it @ the Dock or on a video..(wich lags)..

ive tried every natit.kext and all of paulicat's kext and none worked.....man i regret updating this {censored} stinks...

if anyone has a kext that works for GMA 950 on a machine running kalyway 10.5.4.....it would be grateful..

Hi,

test Jas 10.5.4 on a Dell Studio Hybrid. Boot stop on blue screen with vga output, or goes power off with dvi-d output. I tryed the sleep trick but got the same result. Remove x3100 everything just work but in vesa mode.

I'm going to test EFI string or 10.5.2 kext. If anyone has advices or ideas ?

Ok well I have the x3100 graphics card working with QE/CI on my Fujitsu T4220 SXGA+ tablet. One little issue I have noticed is that OSX crashes without fail when I try to switch to the native resolution. ( 1400x1050 ) I have to use SwitchResX to create the 1400x1024 resolution and it works great except for the missing 26 pixel rows at the bottom of the screen. Is this a driver limitation? I don't have any other monitors to test anything higher than 1440x900 on an external screen.

PAULICAT!!!! if you're out there I need some help or maybe some advice.

I tried using the EFI strings and I was able to get it to select the 1400x1050 without crashing however The screen was stretched out and distorted when I did that. But I was able to get my current setup with EFI strings. If anyone has a working EFI string with Res Change with supports resolutions higher than 1280x1024 that would be awesome. Just give me the HEX and I'll add in my EDID into it. Thanks guys. Good luck all.

Oh one more thing. Has anyone gotten their x3100 to work with the newer 3100FB.kext, version 1.5.24? If seen alot of success wit 1.5.18 but I was hoping that maybe the newer version will fix my resolution issue. And also has anyone gotten regular res change with stretching working? Couldn't figure that one out either.

Hey guys i'm kinda new to this mac thing .

I build a pc myself and it has a asrock 1333 dvi/h motherboard with the intel 950 gma, I installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything works so far, except I can't change the resolution to 1280 x 1024 ,it's now at 1024x 7hundred something. I'v ben searching how to do this but can't realy figure it out, could anyone please help me?

Still unable to get a kext to load on my machine. It is an Asus EEE Box with the 950, DVI. Everything else runs super. If relevant it was loaded up with the newer boot method. 132 didn't do so hot, but option #2's 146 worked like a charm.

Ideally would like to hit 1900x1200. Windows didn't have any trouble at that res. I can scale back animations and wackiness Leo does.

Don't know if the ioreg dumps are still helpful, but I included one in the case they were.

Kind regards,

Macinbytes

ioreg.txt

None of my menus are drawing correctly. It happens on the top menu bar and any drop down menu i use in applications. Just shows a garbled mess, then when I click off the menu it flashes the correct menu selections for a split second. Anybody else having this issue that may know of a fix?

Currently running Intel GMA 950 with Natit.kext installed on Kalway 10.5.2

Resolutions work perfectly, just cant see any menus.

Ok im using Kalaway 10.5.2 and GMA950 with the problematic 0x2772 ID. I have FUll QE GL and Resolution Change support. And i have no problems with menus or mouse tearing. I dont know why people are having problems.

Heres a screenie.

deskod7.th.jpg

Ok im using Kalaway 10.5.2 and GMA950 with the problematic 0x2772 ID. I have FUll QE GL and Resolution Change support. And i have no problems with menus or mouse tearing. I dont know why people are having problems.

Let us know when you have it working on 10.5.4.

I have used the Kalway 10.5.2 DVD with the old framebuffer from tiger on my Sony VAIO SZ notebook with no problems, other than minor tearing (I can live with that). For some reason, the new method with the Leo framebuffer and the Alkor kext causes this notebook to default to the external VGA port, leaving the internal LCD blank (white). I am at a loss as to why 10.5.2 one will work with the internal LCD and one simply won't. Mabye something funny with the Sony hardware. Has anyone been able to get 10.5.4 GMA950 on a VAIO SZ working? Thanks.

I have used the Kalway 10.5.2 DVD with the old framebuffer from tiger on my Sony VAIO SZ notebook with no problems, other than minor tearing (I can live with that). For some reason, the new method with the Leo framebuffer and the Alkor kext causes this notebook to default to the external VGA port, leaving the internal LCD blank (white). I am at a loss as to why 10.5.2 one will work with the internal LCD and one simply won't. Mabye something funny with the Sony hardware. Has anyone been able to get 10.5.4 GMA950 on a VAIO SZ working? Thanks.

U can still update to 10.5.4 by using the same old appleintelintegratedframebuffer 1.4.18 ( from tiger ), the rest of the GMA950 kext can be updated except the leopard framebuffer.

Mines a bit weird though, kextstat shows mine loaded with gma3100 and gma950 together...

But still i get those minor tearing...

Unfortunately I can't really use the 10.4.8 framebuffer on 10.5.4 with desktop gma950.

I start getting a lot of mdworker errors on drives and usb devices take 15 seconds or longer to mount/unmount.

Other than interfering with my disks and usb, it works :(

With vanilla 10.5.4 gma950 and frame buffer kexts, the gma950 is recognized with QE/CI.

However Frame buffer will not load and no resolution changes are possible (even with a kernel flag for it).

Interesting...

I was doing some simple strings comparison on the 10.4.8 vs. 10.5.1/10.5.4 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and noticed that the 10.5 ones include the AAPL options that natit would traditionally set. These are absent in the 10.4.8 frame buffer.

10.5 frame buffer hardcoding the display settings overriding natit gma?

There is a display-overrides option as well and have messed with that trying to add it as a dict with AAPL options in Info.plist with no joy so far.

Serious wag on trying that but need something working without conflict on this.

This is on a desktop gma950 (gigabyte 945GCM-S2C).

Unfortunately I can't really use the 10.4.8 framebuffer on 10.5.4 with desktop gma950.

I start getting a lot of mdworker errors on drives and usb devices take 15 seconds or longer to mount/unmount.

Other than interfering with my disks and usb, it works :P

With vanilla 10.5.4 gma950 and frame buffer kexts, the gma950 is recognized with QE/CI.

However Frame buffer will not load and no resolution changes are possible (even with a kernel flag for it).

So basically wat u are trying to state is Leopard recognize your GMA950 except it doesn't load the intelintegratedframbuffer.kext..

Have u tried manual kextload your original framebuffer?