Eliminate Menu Bar Transparency

Numberzz

76 posts in this topic

Those screenshots don't prove anything.

My Powerbook 1.67Ghz with ATI 9700 shows the transparent menu bar when using both the 2D and 3D docks. Just like my macbook pro does.

How do we know that you didn't just put a block of white on the top of your wallpaper?

I highly doubt Numberzz would go through all this trouble of writing a news story, etc, without some truth behind what's going on with his transparency issues. Besides - what would be the point of doing so?

:)

truth yes, but it seems to be restricted to _his_ computer! it simply isn't a tip for general use. OBVIOUSLY it doesn't work for other people. it's nothing against numberzz as a person or computer user or dev or hacker or whatever, it simply doesn't help other people out there to solve the problem of the translucent menubar.

truth yes, but it seems to be restricted to _his_ computer! it simply isn't a tip for general use. OBVIOUSLY it doesn't work for other people. it's nothing against numberzz as a person or computer user or dev or hacker or whatever, it simply doesn't help other people out there to solve the problem of the translucent menubar.

Oh, yes, we all know that anyway. My post was talking about Numberzz's transparency issue alone, as no one else can seem to replicate it. :(

However, I think it'd be good to understand what's going on with Numberzz's PowerBook. Obviously when he set his Dock to 2D, it changed a setting or something. We just need to figure out what it was... =/

When I first rebooted after installing Leopard on my Mac Mini, it was opaque. Next reboot it was transparent, and it's stayed that way since. I'm guessing a bug, but the fact that there is some sort of programming path that gives an opaque menu bar opens up all kinds of possibilities. :D

If only I could get my hierarchical menus back on Dock items. I hadn't even noticed they were gone in the seeds... Makes the dock kind of useless to me.

Is there a way to set the level of transparency on the taskbar?

Taskbar? This isn't windows and there are no tasks in that bar lol. However to answer your question, if you had read the posts:

Theres a new little application for do that

OpaqueMenuBar

This is not confirmed as far as I can see but I would presume it works on most Macs.