Torrents - No Leopard for you. Apple settles on 9A581 GM

MrDee

665 posts in this topic

The real one is 6.56GB with a hash of 2e3346b8a2b01aababc951dfff0d71d786a870cd .. is a rar file

Anyone have a way to make torrents over a command line? Thats all I have access to at the moment (mac is at home I am at work). I don't have dev tools to compile createtorrent ... so if somone could compile it for the mac ....

Anyone have a way to make torrents over a command line? Thats all I have access to at the moment (mac is at home I am at work). I don't have dev tools to compile createtorrent ... so if somone could compile it for the mac ....

Do you have the mainline BitTorrent distribution? (If not, of course, you can just download it, since it's written in Python and thus doesn't need to be compiled.) It comes with a script called "maketorrent-console", I believe it's called.

ETA: I think in other versions (or other distributions? I don't know) it's called btmakemetafile. Try both.

rtorrent is another command-line torrent program. You'd need to download and compile it. MacPorts or Fink is probably the easiest way but I those might not be installable through the command-line.

For checking if it's real, the build numbers of apps like Preview should be different from 9a559.