Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

How do I install a cider game? I'm new in the mac gaming scene.

And I thought about it, but one thing I dont under stand, how do I install an exe file in OSX? oO

For example Oblivion...

I've got the windows version of oblivion and crossover....

what's to do?

I know, theres already a thread about it. But there is only a explanation for how to make it run, but not the first steps, how to install it :unsure:

You don't have to explain it at the example of oblivion. Please give me an explanation for a general example.

Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
So basically I can use other versions of Cider by just replacing the current one on GTA-SA.app?

I will try that then. Hope it works on GTA SA, it's just a pain to play the game without a mouse ;)

Oh, and I installed the game on Windows to see if it haves better graphics, or if it runs smoother, but it's almost the same thing! Windows XP or Hackintosh Tiger, i have almost the same gaming experience.. that was a surprise for me..

I remember when I played a Windows game on Linux using Cedega and the game was much faster on Linux than on Windows :D (The game was UFO)

That is, unless Intel's windows' drivers are better than macs, like my x3100.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys! first of all thank you so much! this is much easier and better then whith crossover.. i mean did get it to run with wine and crossover on my leopard, but with gametap is just so easy.

now. i did fix it how to play dow online and with all races...

gus its so easy...

1. bring the game to run like already described in this thread...

2. go to: /Library/Preferences/GameTap/

3. add this to it:

[software\\THQ] 1201696027

@=""

[software\\THQ\\Dawn Of War] 1201696027

"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"DawnOfWar_ver"="1.50"

"InstallLocation"="C:\\Programme\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"

[software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade] 1201696020

"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

4. play online :unsure:

hope i could help

Anyone got Counter-Strike Source working?

I have tried several non-steam versions, and I found one that "works" (google CSSfull_v28.rar ;) )

But there is always a catch :( The font rendering is not working, there is no text visible at all, which is very sad when the game actually runs pretty well. 100 fps, much better than Crossover and Parallels.

It also seams like some dx9 effects are working, but sometimes the framerate drops to 3 in special locations on the map, probably due to lack of dx9 shaders. This can probably be solved by setting the gfx level to 8, if you cold see that freekin' menu :thanks_speechbubble:

I have tried to copy all fonts from my winows installation to the transgaming windows/fonts dir, but without success. Help appreciated.

Hi, I know it's a long time since you posted but I'm about to embark on the same journey as you - downloading that wonderful copy of CSS (my oh my such large files shared by HTTP (there is a God)). So yeah I will tell you about my experiences... And by the way my download speeds are atrocious because of school network blah blah blah...

Hi guys,

I got Neverwinter Nights (diamond edition with both expansions, plus some hakpaks) running under Cider very easily, using the GameTap version.

I had originally installed it under Parallels. It was simple as copying the game files into c_drive\Program Files\, and editing Info.plist:

CedegaGameDir: "C:\Program Files\NWN"
CedegaGameName: "C:\Program Files\NWN\nwmain.exe"
PrefsFolderName: "NeverwinterNights"

Thanks to all the hints and tips on this forum.

The graphic performance is great, much better than Parallels. However, I'm getting an audio crackle, with or without music on. Has anyone encountered this particular problem with a Cider port before? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I got Neverwinter Nights (diamond edition with both expansions, plus some hakpaks) running under Cider very easily, using the GameTap version.

I had originally installed it under Parallels. It was simple as copying the game files into c_drive\Program Files\, and editing Info.plist:

CedegaGameDir: "C:\Program Files\NWN"
CedegaGameName: "C:\Program Files\NWN\nwmain.exe"
PrefsFolderName: "NeverwinterNights"

Thanks to all the hints and tips on this forum.

The graphic performance is great, much better than Parallels. However, I'm getting an audio crackle, with or without music on. Has anyone encountered this particular problem with a Cider port before? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Wouldn't be easier to simply run the actual Mac port? Even with the PC version of the expansions, you can decompress them and install the files manually.

Im trying to get Blood MOney to work.

I've chaned the file and exe dest. in the info.plist file and i ave put the game in.

The game is up and running, but i need to make a profile in the main manu to play, and the game cannot save the profile. So I can't play yet. Also I have tryed to put a savegame somewhere, bu I dunno where to put it. Where do I nneed to cange the codeline to where to put the savegames and load them.

Also I'm working on THUG 2 . I have done the same things, but the graphicks are horrible and i still haven't found out a way to change the keys.

I've tried Ghost Recon Demo two different ways, neither of which completly work. One way is with the X3: Reunion cider. That gives a full screen game with working textures but a cursor that won't go away in game. I've also tried it with the new Game Tap cider. That produces a working cursor in game but textures that flicker on and off.

Any ideas? I feel like I've gone up and down the config file. At the top where it says

[wine]
"Windows" = "c:\\windows"
"System" = "c:\\windows\\system32\\"
"Temp" = "e:\\"
"Path" = "c:\\windows\\;c:\\windows\\system32\\"
"GraphicsDriver" = "d3dgl"

It seems to me like it should work if I change the graphics driver to d3dgl since afterall it is a Direct 3D game. But it only opens if I leave it to sdldrv because it says the drivers are missing. Is there any place i can put the d3dgl.dll drivers to make the game work properly? Or is that probably not my problem.

Anyone had any luck getting Unreal Tournament 3 to work in Cider? This is pretty much the ONLY thing that is still preventing me from obliterating Windows off my hard disk... :-). I know it's coming out for OS X soon but I'm just impatient... :-).

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the solution of Cider .

I just used steps for NFS to port my MS Version Warcraft III today.

It was so wonderful to see it run on my Intel MAC.

Everything worked fine . As default Cider setting, I don't think it run well as it assume to do.

I'd try to fix registry problems to make it connect to pvpgn sometimes.

Am I not right in believing CoD4 is out for the Mac?? Bump on the Unreal Tournament 3 post!

May is the target day for CoD4.

There were some rumors that licensing issues with the PhysX engine was holding up UT3. (Whether that was just Linux version or Mac also not sure.)

With NVidia's acquisition of Aegis not sure where that stands now.

Could we convert PhysX so it works under Cider? Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

May is the target day for CoD4.

There were some rumors that licensing issues with the PhysX engine was holding up UT3. (Whether that was just Linux version or Mac also not sure.)

With NVidia's acquisition of Aegis not sure where that stands now.

Thanks for the solution of Cider .

I just used steps for NFS to port my MS Version Warcraft III today.

It was so wonderful to see it run on my Intel MAC.

Everything worked fine . As default Cider setting, I don't think it run well as it assume to do.

I'd try to fix registry problems to make it connect to pvpgn sometimes.

i don't see why you did that... all you need is the games disc cuase it has mac and pc on it :)

(i've had teh game for a long time now :D)

Im trying to get Blood MOney to work.

I've chaned the file and exe dest. in the info.plist file and i ave put the game in.

The game is up and running, but i need to make a profile in the main manu to play, and the game cannot save the profile. So I can't play yet. Also I have tryed to put a savegame somewhere, bu I dunno where to put it. Where do I nneed to cange the codeline to where to put the savegames and load them.

Also I'm working on THUG 2 . I have done the same things, but the graphicks are horrible and i still haven't found out a way to change the keys.

So anyone have any ideas of blood money?

i could like mabye get it to work if anyone told me where do they put their profiles for like nfs aso.?

Coz i have dl-ed NFS UG2 and C and both work, so they must have known where to put the profiles,