Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

Get Info ? :)I used version 3.5.2.4236-D.

I just copied the Hitman Blood money into the cider package, and changed the info.plist file, and it dident work. The reason I ask, is because I remember that, with Hitman Contracts, you had to first create a profile on PC, and then copy the whole lot onto the mac, to make it work.

Maybe its the same in Blood Money... ?

----

Can some one tell me how to get the registry data out of a windoze game ?I have read an read me file that followed with a cider wrapper circling around the web, but unfortunately, it was not very clear. :D

Well, my get info shows me cider version 5.3 mac experimental.

with bloodmoney, i cannot make profile, so i think its the same thing as with contracts. Is there anywhere a discription on how contracts was ported?

Oddly enough, i had this problem in windows with the no-cd crack. When i used the DVD-mini image it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, that doesnt really help you obviously. But i am willing to bet it is the no-cd crack (atleast from my experience).

gonna download toast and see if i can get lucky with it being able to mount mdf files (snagged the mini-image). something tells me BF2 is still gonna not see it properly.

all you guys that got BF2 working, how did you do it? no-cd crack or using the real disc somehow? i have a legit copy BF2 just doesn't see it in the drive when in OSX.

Well, my get info shows me cider version 5.3 mac experimental.

with bloodmoney, i cannot make profile, so i think its the same thing as with contracts. Is there anywhere a discription on how contracts was ported?

No, I just found Contracts on thepiratebay, where the dude that made it said it. No instructions im afraid :D

no luck with toast mounting mdf files. anyone have any idea how to make BF2 see my CD? rip it to a full ISO then mount it maybe? driving me nuts. i can play singleplayer with the no-cd crack but when i try to go online it crashes. so i know cider is working, the game CAN be played, and apparently someone's figured out how to play online they just weren't very descriptive lol....think im gonna send the guys a PM that were talking about bf2 working online and cross my fingers

There's a tool for linux called mdf2iso you could try that, just get the souce and compile using GCC and you can try it.

I will start testing my windows game in minutes under cider to see if I have lucky on some titles.

I'll start a Blog soon for devs and users gets info on progress of games and etc.

WarRock works too, but in my computer i make horitzontal lines in menu that go to the low part of the screen, like if you film a screen of a computer with a film machine...

I don't know how can i fix that, i don't tried to game... so...

if anybody can try, let's go.

it opens as usally but it becomes freezed on exit...

maybe I need another more recent version of Cider? I've got Cider 5.3 experimental

well, when i run Bf2 (in cider using the latest from GT) it doesn't even try to scan the cdrom drive so i think it's an issue of it not even knowing the drive exists. i wonder if there was some way to make cider see the drive, something in cider's cfg files maybe? i know there was a BF2142 cider release i wonder if that required a CD or if they used a different exe patched to not require a CD. if it needed a CD the key might be finding the bf2142 cider, and finding what's in the config files to point cider to the cdrom drive.

anyone got the bf2142 cider? torrents for it have like 1 seeder to 50 leeches no hope there lol

it seems like the world is working against me in my attempts to rid myself of everything microsoft ;)

well, when i run Bf2 (in cider using the latest from GT) it doesn't even try to scan the cdrom drive so i think it's an issue of it not even knowing the drive exists. i wonder if there was some way to make cider see the drive, something in cider's cfg files maybe? i know there was a BF2142 cider release i wonder if that required a CD or if they used a different exe patched to not require a CD. if it needed a CD the key might be finding the bf2142 cider, and finding what's in the config files to point cider to the cdrom drive.

anyone got the bf2142 cider? torrents for it have like 1 seeder to 50 leeches no hope there lol

it seems like the world is working against me in my attempts to rid myself of everything microsoft ;)

try it here [no torrent links - mod] ^^

Im downloading now about 50kbps on first minute increasing :D

when i'm finishing to write this it's now about 140kbps mauahahha

yeah but that's an unofficial cider port. in other words someone compiled that themselves it's not a copy of the official cider release. the notes for that torrent on demonoid mention it not being able to play online, only private servers or singleplayer too.

thanks tho :P

I got BF2142 official, its working well on my machine.

Anyone knows where can I get the latest version of Cider, I have some games to test but I wont do it on old releases.

^^

Trying now SW:KOTOR2

is that the official cider bf2142 release you have? does it require the cd in the drive to play it? looking like its hopeless for me unless i can make cider see my cd or an image of the cd

crash test and -Ussu, i managed to port hitman blood money with the version that cantstandable posted on "newest cider version from gametap" topic, which is Oblivion/Gametap version (000983) and it worked. though i wasnt able to play coz the game i downloaded was not working properly, but i assure you it lets you save a profile. so use the oblivion/gametap version in the cantstandable's topic and you'll be able to play it.(if you have the proper version of the game of course)

there's an 'official' hitman cider release on the various torrent sites. i've got it. then again it might be a custom made one im not sure...

i think im giving up on OSX permanently. tried and tried and tried and just CANNOT play the games i want to play (mostly battlefield 2). it sucks. i'd love to replace windows.

Has Anyone Tried Mass Effect yet, I know its only been out for a few days, but my one friend has been begging me to try it. I started to mess around with it, and it "starts" but nothing pops up, and I have to do a force quit to stop it. It's made Bioware, and most of there games worked in Cedega, so I have hopes this will work.

There are alot of games that work with Cider, and others that do not, I think its a good idea to make a list, heres what I have so far, Split up into Working, Playable, Nonworking and next to it, is the cider version (Ill upload them soon) If it says any, I suggest using the Gametap version.

Game Name (Notes) [Version]

For instructions for how to install, see this thread Im going to start linking to more specific instructions

NOTICE: When it says any, I suggest using the Game Tap Version

Working:

Need for Speed Most Wanted [Any]

Need for Speed Carbon

Battlefield 2142 [Any]

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas [GT]

Oblivion (No Plugins) [GT]

BattleField 2 [Any]

Hitman Contracts [Any]

Madden 07 [Any]

Far Cry [Any]

Richard Burns Rally [X3]

Warhammer 40k: Dawn Of War - Dark Crusade [Any]Instructions

Playable:

Half Life 2 (Very Slow NO-STEAM ONLY) [GT]

Non-Working:

Guild Wars

Risk 2

Anno 1701

Ford Street Racing

Tiger Woods 2004-2006

Stalker

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind

As you can see, the list is not long, so help me expand it, I will edit it fequently

i tried Heroes of might and magic - Hammers of fate, working great (but don't save) and also Tribe of the East, working great

crash test and -Ussu, i managed to port hitman blood money with the version that cantstandable posted on "newest cider version from gametap" topic, which is Oblivion/Gametap version (000983) and it worked. though i wasnt able to play coz the game i downloaded was not working properly, but i assure you it lets you save a profile. so use the oblivion/gametap version in the cantstandable's topic and you'll be able to play it.(if you have the proper version of the game of course)

:(

I tied that Cider right now, and it dident work.

The game bounced once in the dock and exited. No console messages, no nothing.

What kind of OS are you running ?

And did you do anything apart form copying the game into the wrapper ??