Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

tried to "port" the c&c3 expansion (kane's wrath) and no go. Even using Official Cider from C&C3. Hangs on a black screen, but then again i'm sure it's a DirectX lib bug, cuz they update it every patch... I think we will have to wait for an official port :)

tried to "port" the c&c3 expansion (kane's wrath) and no go. Even using Official Cider from C&C3. Hangs on a black screen, but then again i'm sure it's a DirectX lib bug, cuz they update it every patch... I think we will have to wait for an official port :P

that sucks c&c3 is a great game.

A detailed how to would be too long to write and I already spent too much time on this one. Hopefuly someone who downloaded it from Brokenstones will rip the modifed Cider I used (from Tiger Wood 08 but I modified the cider binary too) but you need to know I rebuilt/rename some files from the PC game as well for cleaner purposes so even if you only have the Cider + the PC version of the game, it'd be a no go.

I could write a LONG tutorial, it's just i'm too lazy for it.

IMO you should wait, it'd be faster for you to dl/ the game whenever it's available on public sites then to port it yourself :huh: Actually that's why I'm uploading it ; my ratio are high enough.

It's "only" 3.5GB packed.

• 2 weeks later...
To anyone who got Oblivion to work : I tried to run it to no avail with the GT Cider. I used a clean Oblivion with the latest patch installed and no DVD patch from GCW, and it stills complain about no dvdrom on the system. I tried adding a cdrom to the Cider config file but it doesn't work, anyone could help?

The oblivion app stores its config in /Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/ or something like that. Add a drive of type "cdrom" to the cider config, simply called "config". That will get cider to think it has a cd/dvd drive. Oblivion runs for me in this way with a no-cd patch. I would be more specific if I were at my own computer, but if I wait until later to reply, I will forget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A detailed how to would be too long to write and I already spent too much time on this one. Hopefuly someone who downloaded it from Brokenstones will rip the modifed Cider I used (from Tiger Wood 08 but I modified the cider binary too) but you need to know I rebuilt/rename some files from the PC game as well for cleaner purposes so even if you only have the Cider + the PC version of the game, it'd be a no go.I could write a LONG tutorial, it's just i'm too lazy for it.IMO you should wait, it'd be faster for you to dl/ the game whenever it's available on public sites then to port it yourself :angel: Actually that's why I'm uploading it ; my ratio are high enough.It's "only" 3.5GB packed.

Pardon me, but that is a tiny bit selfish.

You know, you would help a lot more people if you wrote a tutorial.

Some some people do not feel like downloading 3 gigs, if they already have the game, and the guide could help people who are trying to convert other games to mac as well.

Its the give a man a fish / teach a man to fish situation.

-----

in other news... I have successfully tested and made both BMW M3 Challenge, and GTR 2. Woohoo!

I used the cider wrapper that came with a ciderized Hitman Contracts.

I only placed the game in the c_drive folder, and modified the ino.plist file, and the games worked.

To change resolution, I modified the config.ini file.

There is a line called "VIDEOMODE = X" modifying that number modifies the resolution.

I have discovered which number corresponds to which setting, so I started from 5 (or so) and worked my way up to the native resolution.

On PC side, my videomode was "22", but on the mac it is "9".

So it cannot be transfered from one to the other.

I have tried to make these games work, but with no luck:

Supreme Commander

TOCA Race Driver 3

Bioshock

Grand Prix Legends

Deus Ex

Any with help would be appreciated. :blink:

Ive managed to make Evil Genius work! :)

With a little help from this guide:

http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/Evil_Genius

I used the GameTap Cider, and placed the two dll files mentioned in the guide into the windows/system32 folder, and the game worked!

I then added the Resolution changer, courtesy of Widescreen gaming (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6726) into the game folder, and the game workes in the native resolution. So far I have not had any bugs or crashes.

:P

Im trying to get Blood MOney to work.

I've chaned the file and exe dest. in the info.plist file and i ave put the game in.

The game is up and running, but i need to make a profile in the main manu to play, and the game cannot save the profile. So I can't play yet. Also I have tryed to put a savegame somewhere, bu I dunno where to put it. Where do I nneed to cange the codeline to where to put the savegames and load them.

Also I'm working on THUG 2 . I have done the same things, but the graphicks are horrible and i still haven't found out a way to change the keys.

Ussu, what Cider package did you use for Blood money ?

I have used the GT one, and I could not make Blood Money launch et all... -_-

well, i got the urge to give OSX another go and i'm pretty stoked. Battlefield 2 running in all its glory on the same graphics settings as XP, probably a few FPS slower but STILL! the only problem? multiplayer, the entire point of the damn game.

are there any tricks to getting multiplayer to work? when i go to join a server it just crashes me back to the desktop. im using the latest GT cider. could it possibly be punkbuster? i copied the registry settings over as suggested (edited info.plist etc too), debating on just copying my entire damn registry over to cider's system.reg. then again, could also be the no-cd crack im using i have no idea.

anyone have any ideas? i see others are playing BF2 online so i know there's gotta be some trick im missing. singleplayer works fine and i have to say, im pretty happy with that. considering last time i tried, it wasn't happenin at all.

Sorry, I don't know how to find the version, how to ?
Get Info ? :)I used version 3.5.2.4236-D.

I just copied the Hitman Blood money into the cider package, and changed the info.plist file, and it dident work. The reason I ask, is because I remember that, with Hitman Contracts, you had to first create a profile on PC, and then copy the whole lot onto the mac, to make it work.

Maybe its the same in Blood Money... ?

----

Can some one tell me how to get the registry data out of a windoze game ?I have read an read me file that followed with a cider wrapper circling around the web, but unfortunately, it was not very clear. :)

Oblivion (No Plugins) [GT]

Some plug-ins do work.

BTmod and the like works fine. I got unofficial patches and stuff working nicely. I had a mod called "Almost Everything" that loaded low-poly versions of all the ruins and forts in the distance. It worked but it was a terrible performance hog so I took it out.

I'm assuming that anything that adds new content (Shivering Isles, etc) doesn't work. Shivering Isles is recognized but doesn't load any of the new textures, models or sound (dialogue)... Haven't managed to get through that gate so, that's scratched off the list for now.

My biggest gripes about the whole Oblivion/cider experience is the lack of trees I guess Speedtree is to blame.

Morrowind works for me. It has a bug where NPC torsos, hands and feet do not show up though.

How did you manage to make it run? Mine just quits.