Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get it working online also, but it seems like loads of people using wine are having the exact problem.

Here's the CDKEY codes for system.reg

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"
"W40KCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"WXPCDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\1.00.0000] 

[Software\\THQ\\Dawn of War] 
"CDKEY"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"CDKEY_WXP"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\\"

I still get cdkey authentication errors after replacing the x's with my cdkeys :(

Seems like loads of other people do aswell from looking on the wine AppDB etc. Workd fine on singleplayer tho.

Also to play the other races you also need the other 2 exe's (W40k.exe & W40kWA.exe) which I also have tried but it doesn't seem to make any difference :(

I'm gonna do some testing when I get home in a few hours (regarding both the cd key authentication and the multiplayer races), but I bought the dawn of war platinum set a few days ago, and I could play the single player of any race. I'm assuming this is the same for multiplayer as well, although I've only played one of the new ones in skirmish. I do see the original dawn of war files in that directory, but there is no W040k.exe or anything like that. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. It also didn't even prompt me to enter in keys when I installed the original dawn of war + winter assault on crossover, yet it did when I installed dark crusade. Dark crusade seems to be its own completely separate entity for me.

I'm gonna do some testing when I get home in a few hours (regarding both the cd key authentication and the multiplayer races), but I bought the dawn of war platinum set a few days ago, and I could play the single player of any race. I'm assuming this is the same for multiplayer as well, although I've only played one of the new ones in skirmish. I do see the original dawn of war files in that directory, but there is no W040k.exe or anything like that. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. It also didn't even prompt me to enter in keys when I installed the original dawn of war + winter assault on crossover, yet it did when I installed dark crusade. Dark crusade seems to be its own completely separate entity for me.

You can play singleplayer any race without any cdkey in the registry at all :D

If you look on the official relic forums, playing all races on multiplayer on a standalone DC install has always been a bit of a problem. Altho it can be overcome by manually adding the registry keys for DoW+WA and also copying the original DoW+WA EXE's.

Here is the howto on getting all races in multiplayer with only DC installed (without DoW/WA).

You can play singleplayer any race without any cdkey in the registry at all :D

If you look on the official relic forums, playing all races on multiplayer on a standalone DC install has always been a bit of a problem. Altho it can be overcome by manually adding the registry keys for DoW+WA and also copying the original DoW+WA EXE's.

Here is the howto on getting all races in multiplayer with only DC installed (without DoW/WA).

Ok so far still no dice. I used your registry entries and replaced them with my keys, I used the ones I posted before. I even used the complete and original system.reg from crossover, which is where I installed it. This makes no sense because the registry entries from crossover contain all the entries originally created by the installation of DoW:DC. I know some people somewhere must have this working, and it's becoming very irritating.

Ok so far still no dice. I used your registry entries and replaced them with my keys, I used the ones I posted before. I even used the complete and original system.reg from crossover, which is where I installed it. This makes no sense because the registry entries from crossover contain all the entries originally created by the installation of DoW:DC. I know some people somewhere must have this working, and it's becoming very irritating.

I tried for a while, but gave up in the end. I'm just going to use the cider version for now to get some skirmish practice.

I booted into windows and have everything on full, FSAA on, high detail models and highpoly on. The FPS on windows, even with the high camera mod is completely stable with all of this on. But on cider, the fps was fluctuating on fights ^_^

I have exported my DoW + DoW:DC registry to a .reg file now, so might give it one last try using those values. Altho I doubt it will make any difference :blink:

I tried for a while, but gave up in the end. I'm just going to use the cider version for now to get some skirmish practice.

I booted into windows and have everything on full, FSAA on, high detail models and highpoly on. The FPS on windows, even with the high camera mod is completely stable with all of this on. But on cider, the fps was fluctuating on fights :(

I have exported my DoW + DoW:DC registry to a .reg file now, so might give it one last try using those values. Altho I doubt it will make any difference :)

Yeah, I think you're right. Cider cannot completely replace a separate windows installation. It looks like I might just give in and install bootcamp.

Has anyone had a go at Porting the PC version of Tiger Woods 08 with Cider? The new EA games for Mac are not for sale outside the US, I have had a go but can't seam to get it to work... but then again I'm probably doing something wrong.

I like tryed Tony Hawk's Underground 2

But its soooooo laggy, like unplayable laggy, 1fps. in the menu its fast, but ingame soooo laggy.

Also the music dosn't work.

MAybe it is because that i didnt do the .dll-s thing when I made the game. I didn't understand the switch the dll-s part.

To anyone who got Oblivion to work : I tried to run it to no avail with the GT Cider. I used a clean Oblivion with the latest patch installed and no DVD patch from GCW, and it stills complain about no dvdrom on the system. I tried adding a cdrom to the Cider config file but it doesn't work, anyone could help?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest super dooper
I cannot play Medal of Honor Allied Assault and others. The registry keys are correct, but when I see the Cider error on Console (cider_nogui) it tells that have a lack of fonts or something...

forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't there already a mac installer for that game or am I thinking linux?

Here's the updated Cider/Oblivion.app thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75237

I've figured out how to make Oblivion work and didn't want to cross post both instructions and what not, so here's the Oblivion thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75692

No mouse tearing, jerking or annoying {censored}. I'm not sure the other games that experience the mouse problems will be fixed by this version but let me know or whatever. I'll take requests.

Edited by cantstandable

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the updated Cider/Oblivion.app thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75237

I've figured out how to make Oblivion work and didn't want to cross post both instructions and what not, so here's the Oblivion thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75692

No mouse tearing, jerking or annoying {censored}. I'm not sure the other games that experience the mouse problems will be fixed by this version but let me know or whatever. I'll take requests.

So basically I can use other versions of Cider by just replacing the current one on GTA-SA.app?

I will try that then. Hope it works on GTA SA, it's just a pain to play the game without a mouse :D

Oh, and I installed the game on Windows to see if it haves better graphics, or if it runs smoother, but it's almost the same thing! Windows XP or Hackintosh Tiger, i have almost the same gaming experience.. that was a surprise for me..

I remember when I played a Windows game on Linux using Cedega and the game was much faster on Linux than on Windows :D (The game was UFO)

I tried copying the Frameworks and MacOS from Oblivion.app to my San Andreas.app, but it didn't work. I even corrected the Version.plist with the correct versions but it still don't works..

How can I see error logs? So I can see what's the problem?