Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

hi guys, i'm no programmer but i wanted to ask a question about those cider ports...can i play those games with windows versions in the network (dawn of war), or does cider not offer such possibilities?

thnx in advance

Victor

While I haven't tested it, Cider is a port of Cedega from Linux, so yes you should be able to play on the lan. Though unofficial cider ports, you may have some trouble playing over the internet, due to cd keys and what not. Thats basically what I have figured out. Also, you can try Codeweavers Crossover Games. Which is based off the same source that Cedega is based off of, wine, and from what I have seen, Crossover Games is better then Cider so far on Mac.

TheFreak

yeh, i tried blood money again with the cantstandable cider version, and i could now save a profile, but when i start a new game, after the intro video the game just exits. So, one problem solved, anotherone to go.

PS! and also i noticed, when i tryed to put the apple signed button in the game controls, the game exits.

http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wik...nal_Fantasy_VII

Probably won't work.

Since Cider is Cedega engine for MacOSX.

But I will give a try. Since I have FFVII here.

I should try to install the demo to my Parallels PC and then move to cider, no?

thanks I'll try in my free time and post the results.

Please If anybody makes this game working on mac, will be a god ajajaja

bye!

the game's exiting is not about the cider port, its about the game itself. if i remember correctly from what i read about it, its because of the game having missing files. try to port a different version and see what happens and search about this problem on the web too it will help you understand the problem causing it to exit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a go at porting Mage Bros. (which is awesome) to Mac using Cider, but it simply didn't start up. Can someone give it a go for me?

There's a useful torrent on Demonoid.com called Cider, RegEdit and HowTo, which is what I used.

Cheers,

Franklint

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just ported Half Life 2 (a non-steam version) using Cider... everything works fine EXCEPT no text ever appears... I htink this is because of the fonts though... I know the font used in the game is "Tahoma" and while I have it installed in my computer, and have a copy of it in the c_drive>windows>fonts directory, I still can't see it. I'm still a complete newb at this, and messed around with the font Aliasing in the config file and still couldn't fix the issue. Everything works fine besides the fonts... and if anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it...

Ok guys nvm my previous post.

I got Half Life 2 working just fine on my mac (White Macbook 13 inches)

Everything is amazing... all I had to do was switch to the Gametap Cider version because that allows the Source Engine to convert fonts into graphics on startup

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ppl!

I'm trying to port "America's Army". But I need the registry keys. I grab a copy of registry from my friend PC's, but don't know how to add the lines to the Cider. Any help¿

Edit myself: I get this to work. Now when I enter on a map the game crashes ....

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys nvm my previous post.

I got Half Life 2 working just fine on my mac (White Macbook 13 inches)

Everything is amazing... all I had to do was switch to the Gametap Cider version because that allows the Source Engine to convert fonts into graphics on startup

is there a how-to ?

Thx

Doc

thanks!

but when i try to make a port of my own, it does not work.

i got the cider 1430 from spore and use a nfshp2-nocd installation.

i copied it correcty and managed to change the info.plist but

cider tries to start another file and i don't know where it is told

to start that one (tgupdate) ?

or is the how-to incorrect ?

Doc

Hi people,

Im pretty new to this cider porting and stuff and would love it if someone could answer a couple of questions for me.

First up: In info.plist what is the use of (PrefsFolderName). It does seem to change stuff but I'm not sure as to how it's meant to be used.

Second: The config file in preferences doesn't seem to change anything for me. Even in GTA_SA that I ported last night I tried to stop the mouse working just to see if it had an impact and nothing went wrong. I then deleted the file and the game remained unchanged. I've been opening it in text editor and then saving it. Is there something else i should be doing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone and good luck with all the mac gaming. :D

It's OK now. I figured it out. For anyone who may also need to know. The (PrefsFolderName) is the name of the directory where the game will save all it's (Cider based) preferences to. This is always located on you Mac's hard drive under Library/Preferences/(The name you allocated in PrefsFolderName). And to answer my second question You need to change the config file in the Library/Preferences and not the one in the cider pkg itself. Well now I'm going back to port more games. YEY for Apple and Cider. :pirate2:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a version of Rome Total War ciderised and it's working on 99% all game works perfect except for: in the main map the sea do not has water, it has got strange colored points. view pic

and something else, in playing mode, mouse can't go under its mine situated this is max limit under the screen... maybe updating cider version of game and adding some extras in cider version it could be repared..

post-178316-1224519321_thumb.png

There is a version of Rome Total War ciderised and it's working on 99% all game works perfect except for: in the main map the sea do not has water, it has got strange colored points. view pic

and something else, in playing mode, mouse can't go under its mine situated this is max limit under the screen... maybe updating cider version of game and adding some extras in cider version it could be repared..

The latest Cider is 1770 which came with the latest Spore update. I think this provides better shader model support so it should resolve your issues.