iPod Roundup

67 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just want to start off and say how furious I am since I have a 4gb iPhone, but hey, i get what i paid for....

and this is the song I sing after the iPhone prices were dropped.....

I almost do want to cry after the prices were dropped.....

:unsure:

One other thing I wanted to mention,Ever since I heard the news today while getting updates from Engadget about the new iPod Touch is that assuming that it has the same processor and everything as the iPhone except not phone and bluetooth is that can we exploit it the same way and run the installer.app on it the same way we do the iPhone? Since it has wifi on it, it would be nice to have Apollo IM on it and to be able to chat with friends while listening to an music. The same thing came to my mind for weather, stocks, and notes. Once people get their hands on the new iPod touch are they going to be able to somehow transfer over iPhone apps and use them on their iPod Touch? Since it has Wifi the Maps Weather and Stock apps would be nice to have. Thats what has been plaguing my mind for the past 12 hours....

That was a terrible, terrible video clip, and you should be ashamed for posting a link to it :)In regards to the colours, it looks like a return to the days of the Ruby and Sage iMacs. Will we see a Blue Dalmation iPod coming soon?
wow, i think they listen to the opinions here at insanelymac because guess what was just posted over at apple.comhaha a quick 5 minute mock up of a blue dalmation ipod Nano.....

post-53077-1189065688_thumb.jpg

Well to me, the iPod Touch could be thickened, then add hard drive (30 and say 60 versions) and then it would be perfect. But I am going to let it go, it is the way it will be. Just have to wait on bigger versions.

EDIT:

toshiba-mk1626gcb.jpg

Those are the hard drives for the ipod classics (image from engadget). They couldn't put them in the touch? Come on....

i`ll stick to my N5300 1GB until i get iPhone.

i really like this "touchPod" but after iPhone it looks like really bad copy.

i mean,it`s iPhone without Phone.it`s like some pda,but i would be much nicer that it came before iPhone ...

:D

~R

I'm quite certain that the iPod touch doesn't have that hardware inside. Keep dreaming. ;)

How are you so sure? The iPod touch does every thing the iPhone does except Bluetooth and the ability to make calls. Im guessing that the is no huge difference inside the iPod touch and iPhone...

I cant wait to get the new ipod touch!! Im ordering the 8gb version at the end of the month, probably when it comes out on the 28th, looks awsome. I only have about 3gb's of music at the moment on my macbook so it should do me nicely! I also realised that for the same price as the ipod touch 8gb you could have an ipod classic with 10x the ammount of storage but I really want that touch screen.

Im wondering though, is ipod touch running the same software as iphone? Is it really running a slimmed down version of os x and will apps be able to be created for it like they are for the iphone (im guessing not) or is it just running on whatever the old ipods are running on with a new interface? Id love to know what hardware went into it..

I was getting an iphone or a Ipod video but the ipod touch is way better .Its like Apple finally tought of its customers and intoduce this for the ones that wanted a multitouch interface and didnt want to go with AT&T and all that crapp .I think this covers a little gap they where having since the release of the iPhone.

And the nano with video its a great idea because they were lossing market share having the nano without the video playback feature i mean you can buy any chinesse/korean player for half the price and it will play multiple formats so the nano video is a good move IMHO.

The new iPod Nano design is not good. I loved the nice, remote-control like look of the previous generation.

The iPod Touch will, hopefully, be less glitchy than the iPhone I tried out. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with my 2GB Nano.

Why no mail with Touch? To make people buy the iPhone. I am really glad that the new nanos have come out. I have been wanting the 8 gig one for a while now and this will surely make the price on them go down. And I do not want the new "new" one. I don't give a {censored} about watching video on such a small screen. I just want to listen to music. And besides, I think the new one looks short, fat and totally fugly. With the new nanos out, it will surely make the price of the one I want much cheaper. Thanks Steve!!!

One thing that seems to be missing from the touch is email. Why wifi and safari but no email app? Apple keeps releasing products that do almost everything and then cripple it on showstopping item.

Another reason for no Mail on the touch is the fact why would you want emails eating away at what little space is provided with those bad boys?

I'm stuck in Australia so the the iphone ain't gonna be out here for a LONG time, so at this moment, I'm very excited to get my hands on a Ipod Touch September 28th :D