iPod Roundup

67 posts in this topic

For those who want email, I thought the same thing. They want us to buy the iPhone (which I can't do...).

So, I just set up a new gmail to pull in my three email addresses (two gmails and a hotmail through forwarding). No, I can check on my Macs through Mail, and in a few weeks on my touch using their web-based client, and everything works perfectly together!

You should try it!

Personally I love the new interface and I do wish a version for G5 Ipods would come out. I have a 30gb which I love... it's bueatiful in glossy black, I'm not so sure if I like the look of the new cases. I thought the new nano was cool... had the nano been that design before I probably would have bought a nano instead of my video. As one gets older one appriciates the larger screen sizes.

Ipod touch is very cool! I agree with the storage size complaints. For a device with an interface that cool I would gladly carry a slightly larger device and have the 30gb of storage or whatever. It's still going to be way thinner and lighter than early generation ipods.

As far as those who are upset over paying a premium price for the iphone I just have to chuckle at that. Seriously, it's always been that way for ALL electronics. First CD player was like 1000, same for DVD, now BlueRay. The first few people foot the R&D cost by paying the higher price. This is espicially prevelant with phone devices. Anyone remember how much the Razr was when it first came out? Yeah, exactly... and six months later how much were they?.... exactly.

People who buy these products when they first come out get to have the newest, greatest, and coolest gadgets for awhile until they come down in price for everyone else. That is what they are purchasing with the extra cash... coolness. I would think people who make these purchaes understand this going in... but maybe not.

OK... so ends my rant... All in all I'd say very cool. Maybe the next gen Ipods will include the Ipod glossy where they bring back the glossy look and include cover flow... yeah!

...has anybody else realized that it's just a PDA? Granted it's a PDA with 18GB of storage and an awesome media player, but it's still nothing more than what my old Palm m505 was, or my less-old Dell Axim. In fact, being that it's a PDA, it really doesn't do all that much more than music and basic internet, so far.

Didn't stop me from ordering one though. TSA destroyed my iPod (and my glasses and my PSP) coming back from the West Coast, so I'm out an iPod at the moment, and I only listen to 2-4GB worth of songs/movies on a consistent basis anyways.

Hmmmm, should i get the 16gb ipod widescreen, or the 8gb iphone for the same price

The whole keynote for this {censored} just killed me. Steves just rambles on & on about "custom rintones" like this :( didn't exist ages ago. I was editing music and putting it on my phone in 9th grade...... FOR Free!. He's just hyping it up and making it seem like something new so he can charge people for it. I'm supposed to buy a song......... then pay more money just to trim a portion of it? thats retarded.

The new widescreen Ipod is nothing more than an iphone w/ no phone. Most of the {censored} on there isn't even music related. And then i'm supposed to pay 400 dollars for what? a fancy 16 GIG mp3 player. Thats 400 hard earned dollars for 16gb of storage? thats crazy. the only ipod even worth purchasing is the classic ipod. all this other stuff is garbage.

Hmmmm, should i get the 16gb ipod widescreen, or the 8gb iphone for the same price

The whole keynote for this {censored} just killed me. Steves just rambles on & on about "custom rintones" like this :censored2: didn't exist ages ago. I was editing music and putting it on my phone in 9th grade...... FOR Free!. He's just hyping it up and making it seem like something new so he can charge people for it. I'm supposed to buy a song......... then pay more money just to trim a portion of it? thats retarded.

The new widescreen Ipod is nothing more than an iphone w/ no phone. Most of the {censored} on there isn't even music related. And then i'm supposed to pay 400 dollars for what? a fancy 16 GIG mp3 player. Thats 400 hard earned dollars for 16gb of storage? thats crazy. the only ipod even worth purchasing is the classic ipod. all this other stuff is garbage.

You know what would be worth buying? An iMac with that multi-touch technology.

When the last generation of iPod nano's came out, I was totally blown away by Apple. Beautiful styling, design, ergonomics, etc. Now they introduced the "new" nano. All I can say is I am totally.....unimpressed. As if I cannot live 5 minutes without watching video. The last time I was so unimpresed by any product release from any vendor had to be......the iPhone. Way overpriced, locked into a single server and am not important enough that I cannot live without the internet for a few hours. Before that, Hmmmm, Apple TV. Why? That was my first question...still to be answered. Well, Apple will redeme itself with Leopard but I will not pledge loyalty to any one company blindly (save for Guinness)

I meant the itunes(non h4x) way

ohhhh my bro Nmbrz...you have so ages and still you didn`t learned to think different.

you see iphone is a phone without ringtones changing option :P

maybe iphone2 or i2phone will have that options,that will be new feature for sure

use the h4x and be happy ;)

~R

ohhhh my bro Nmbrz...you have so ages and still you didn`t learned to think different.

you see iphone is a phone without ringtones changing option :P

maybe iphone2 or i2phone will have that options,that will be new feature for sure

use the h4x and be happy ;)

~R

numberz are leopard legal plz :P

EDIT: nvm apple enabled it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, the 99 cents for a ringtone, some in the other thread seem to think it is ok. If you want to buy a song then have to buy it AGAIN, yes chopping a song to 30 second intervals and putting it on your iphone is buying the same song again, then I really feel for some. But I guess that is the way corporations make their money, off people that will rebuy stuff over and over and over......

This has NOTHING to do with 'corporations' or 'people willing to rebuy' stuff! It has to do with Copyright laws. Don't blame this one on people making money because the laws have been on the books since way back when player-pianos were all the rage. You probably weren't even born yet. Apple's not about to break the law just to make a few people ignorant about Copyright law happy.