iPod Roundup

67 posts in this topic

Well, I think we can safely say that this has been a satisfying day on the iPod front!

Here's how the iPod line stands at the moment:

picture2mx0.png

iPod Touch

Revolutionary multi-touch interface

3.5-inch color display

Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)

Safari, YouTube, iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store

8mm thin

Battery Life for Music/Videos - 20/4.5hrs

8GB - £199/$299

16GB - £269/$399

iPod Classic

80GB (20,000 songs)

2.5-inch color display

140 grams

103.5 x 61.8 x 10.5 mm

2.5-inch screen (diagonal)

320 by 240 pixels

Battery Life for Music/Videos - 30/5hrs

£159/$249

160GB (40,000 songs)

2.5-inch color display

162 grams

110 x 61.8 x 13.5 mm

2.5-inch screen (diagonal)

320 by 240 pixels

Battery Life for Music/Videos - 40/7hrs

£229/$349

iPod Nano

2-inch screen (diagonal)

320 by 240 pixels

4GB (1,000 songs)

Silver only - £99/$149

8GB (2,000 songs)

Silver, Blue, Green, Black and Red - £129/$199

iPod Shuffle

1GB (240 songs)

Colours - Silver, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Red

Battery Life - 12hrs

£49/$79

The iPod Classic seems to have fairly similar specs and dimensions to the Video iPod of old. Both the iPod Classic and the Nano sport a new interface. The iPod touch looks almost exactly like a phone-less iPhone. Perhaps it is running on the same (or similar) hardware and software?

I have to say, a 32GB model of the iPod Touch would be nice, but that would be very expensive. The 16GB will be a fairly coveted piece of gadgetry this Christmas (I am £144 away from my own iPod Touch) along with the iPod Nano, which seems like a lovely little bit of kit!

What do you think of the new iPods?

iPod Touch looks great!!!

I am from India & since we don't have iPhone here :) , i was almost certain of getting the iPod Touch,

but after what apple did to iPhone with the cancellation of 4GB model & 200$ reduction for 8GB, i am not so sure now,

I mean really, what are the chances that Apple will release a 32GB version in about 2-3 months ( December ) for the same 399$ price? DAMN! that'll really s**k!

i liked how all the fanboys that got an iphone @ launch got {censored}ed out of $200... i laughed hard cuz i saw it coming

in about 4 months i'll trade in my 5g ipod for a 32gig ipod touch (you know it'll happen *looks @ iphone*

Why another thread on this? We kind of had one going.....

Anyway, the 99 cents for a ringtone, some in the other thread seem to think it is ok. If you want to buy a song then have to buy it AGAIN, yes chopping a song to 30 second intervals and putting it on your iphone is buying the same song again, then I really feel for some. But I guess that is the way corporations make their money, off people that will rebuy stuff over and over and over......

On the ipods, all was great except the touch and it's storage. 8 and 16 gig models? The 16 gig is same as the new 8 gig iphone price? Stupid. Who cares if it is super thin with that little storage, then widescreen is for sh*t when you can't store alot of movies. Stupid Steve and his "Booms" and "we are excited" sh*t. I am glad Steve is excited, because he had just about a perfect keynote till the iPod Touches storage. Even the crowd didn't clap much. Puny storage, over priced stuff. *sigh* Again, I will have to wait till a 30 gig version comes out.

bah im still happy with my 3rd generation lawl. about time they revamp it a little wait until after christmas and get my hands on touch for less + make sure it lives to the hype like battery life - iphone 300 charges i know my 3rd gen ipod had battery failure and sent out new ones. best to wait it out.

I might get the new iPod Nano, because of its new design/features as well as the ability to use the Nike-iPod Shoe device. (I was holding off getting one to see what the new ones would look like after the media event).

I was waiting for Apple to come out with an iTunes Store built-in to the iPhone. Can't wait to see that later on this month. Only big gripe is the cost for the ringtones. Why the heck do we need to pay TWICE for a 30-second clip of the song we bought!?! It isn't a terrible price but can't see why we can just make our own ringtones for free with the music we already purchased (on the other hand, it sure is a way to make more money off of songs :)). Doesn't bother me since there are OTHER means of doing this as well as I don't care to have songs as my ringtone; I prefer my current ring tone, which is the Marimba :).

The iPod Classic having now 80 GB and 160 GB of storage is awesome. Who can go wrong with 160 GB?!

Today was a good day for iPods.

i don't really care about having 123049823409 gigs to put music on... i've only got about 13gigs of music on my 60gig 5g now, after 2 years of having it. i'll wait for a flash based ipod with ~30gigs of storage

p.s.- did anyone else have "i've got the touch.... i've got the powaaaa!" run through their head when they announced the ipod touch?

i've you've seen the animated transformers movie, you know what i'm talkin about ;)

iPod touch = the device I wanted SOOO badly!! Now I can stick with my cheap phone + iPod touch without having to pay more monthly.

And as it turns out, 16 gigs is perfect: as the iPod will, grow as will my libraries!

Happy day pour moi!

Man, if I had just bought an iPod, I'd be P-I-S-S-E-D!!!

oh, and soundless, I'm in the same situation as you! Finally, a device from Apple that came at the perfect time, for the perfect price, with the perfect features.

I have some horseshoe nearby, I'm sure of it.

I hope they give the 5.5's a GUI update. I like the look of the new iPod interface, although I hate the way they made it all brushed metal or whatever. I'm perfectly fine with my glossy 80gb. I am tempted to get the 160gb though, cause I can fill it up....quick. I've had my 80 for about 2 months now and I've got a little over 4gb left.

I'm not a big fan of the new iPod touch. After I saw the iPhone and was amazed by that, this is just like 'Apple's jumping on it's own bandwagon'. The one good thing about that is this............the possibility of.........(drumroll)..........Multi-Touch iTablets. (You know it passed through your mind after you saw the keynote)

The one good thing about that is this............the possibility of.........(drumroll)..........Multi-Touch iTablets. (You know it passed through your mind after you saw the keynote)

Yes, yes. Bridge the gap between macbook and ipod.. Give it a pen option too, so you can draw with it. Hopefully they're already working on it.