Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x11 },
                       Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF,  One, Zero, 0x12 },
                       Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, 0x02, Zero, 0x13 },
                       Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, 0x03, Zero, 0x10 },
                       Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x14 }
                   })
               }

Versus:

Name (_PRT, Package (0x09)                     // PCI Routing Table AR01 (ACPIspec30a.pdf / 6.2.11 / page 204).
               {
                   [color="#008000"]Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x11 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF,  One, Zero, 0x12 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, 0x02, Zero, 0x13 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0001FFFF, 0x03, Zero, 0x10 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF, Zero, Zero, [/color][color="#FF0000"]0x12 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF,  One, Zero, 0x13 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF, 0x02, Zero, 0x10 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF, 0x03, Zero, 0x11 },
                   Package (0x04) { 0x0003FFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x10 }[/color]
               })

in the failing DSDT.

Another trip to home depot?

Ah! yes now I remember and know what I did (wrong), this section was different on the VM and I spotted that doing 3.1, what I've done is copied it across from the PRO 3.2 when doing VM 3.2. I'm not on my hack at the moment (busy setting up VPS & web server) but will cross check and confirm in the morning. Thanks Chief.

Another trip to home depot?

Right. For wallpaper this time. And everything must be ready in time (before Christmas). Got to love my wife. LOL

Ah! yes now I remember and know what I did (wrong), this section was different on the VM and I spotted that doing 3.1, what I've done is copied it across from the PRO 3.2 when doing VM 3.2. I'm not on my hack at the moment (busy setting up VPS & web server) but will cross check and confirm in the morning. Thanks Chief.

Good luck with the VPS & web server job. Let me add a few words about why it is failing for him. Let's focus on this part first:

Package (0x04) { 0xFFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x10 },
Package (0x04) { 0xFFFF, One, Zero, 0x11 },
Package (0x04) { 0xFFFF, 0x02, Zero, 0x12 },
Package (0x04) { 0xFFFF, 0x03, Zero, 0x13 },

Each package here assigns one IRQ pin (IRQ-A, IRQ-B, IRQ-C, and IRQ-D) to an IRQ (0x10, 0x11, 0x12, 0x13). And this particular block uses the address 0xFFFF – which indicates "any" or "all function numbers" – and thus his PCI card pci104c,8025@0 won't get any IRQ assigned, simply because this part was missing.

Now. The first line in the code snippet above is the one matching with his PCI card in DSDT V3.1 And here's the line of his ioreg dump:

"IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1000000007000000>)

In other words; IRQ10 which happens to be the first line (package) and thus when you see something like this:

Package (0x04) { 0x0002FFFF, One, Zero, 0x13 },

Then you know, or should know now, that it will assign pin 1 (IRQ-:wacko: to IRQ 0x13 for any device located at: 0x00020000 aka Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) because of the use of FFFF here. And yes, this matches with the on-board FireWire chip. Not his PCI card!

Other hardware, at a different address, won't get the IRQ assigned. For that you need to add more lines with the appropriate IRQ pin data. My FRWR@3 – the one on my P5K Pro board – will match with this line:

Package (0x04) { 0x0003FFFF, Zero, Zero, 0x10 }

In other words; it gets IRQ 0x10 assigned and nothing else, simply because there's no other line to match the address with.

I hope this help you guys to understand what is going on.

DB1, any chance of you sharing your dsdt.aml unedited with the graphics section in please as your card is quite similar. I have been trying to upgrade to DSDT 3.2, but my GFX0 for the 8400GS is well out of date, and won't compile in 3.2:

P5K_VM_3.2_dsdt_myedits.dsl 332: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)

@bikinifarm

Attached is corrected v3.2 with JMB0 removed. The AR01 routing table now matches what we had in v3.1 so this should now work for you.

bikinifarm_v3.2.zip

Let me know if it does work then I'll post a general dsl.

@MasterChief

Thanks for the assistance and explanation & I hope the wall papering goes ok. (keep the misses happy eh!)

@BlackCH

You were right man thanks for pushing down that line.

@Joe 90

Replace in your graphics code

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

with

MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))

and it should compile.

OR

I dont do graphics in dsdt now since Chameleon r3 can detect my card via GraphicsEnabler in com.apple.Boot.plist (Attached)

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

@MasterChief

Thanks for the assistance and explanation & I hope the wall papering goes ok. (keep the misses happy eh!)

I will. But...

Here's a very important note: I'm told, by Apple employees, that they are going to change the boot process in 10.7. To speed it up. Basically invalidating Chameleon, BootTink and any other bootloader available in the scene!

This means that all hard work will be void one day soon, and that we have to start on back porting stuff into kexts again. Or at least be ready for it by getting EFI to work properly. Which may also be void when they start signing the boot code. Just bad news :blink:

@bikinifarm

Attached is corrected v3.2 with JMB0 removed. The AR01 routing table now matches what we had in v3.1 so this should now work for you.

I am on the road at the moment, but will test as soon as I get back to my rig, and will post results... Many thanks.

DB1/BlackCH/Master Chief

Happy to report that the dsdt is working fine in all aspects once I corrected the OperationRegion number for my BIOS. (part of line 168 changed to 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)

Thanks a million guys. Much appreciated.

DB1/BlackCH/Master Chief

Happy to report that the dsdt is working fine in all aspects once I corrected the OperationRegion number for my BIOS. (part of line 168 changed to 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)

That is good news. Have fun, again, with your FireWire hardware :(

DB1/BlackCH/Master Chief

Great, it took a while but we got there in the end.

This means that all hard work will be void one day soon, and that we have to start on back porting stuff into kexts again. Or at least be ready for it by getting EFI to work properly. Which may also be void when they start signing the boot code. Just bad news

Just another challenge!

Hi gurus,

I updated to 10.6.2 from 10.6.1.

On start up, after the wheel, teh screen becomes blanc with the arrow that can be moved using the mouse.

When the display goes in "display sleep", moving the mouse it wakes up again and the screen in finaly OK!

My card is 8500gt 1G.

any hint?

tks a lot!

Hi gurus,

I updated to 10.6.2 from 10.6.1.

On start up, after the wheel, teh screen becomes blanc with the arrow that can be moved using the mouse.

When the display goes in "display sleep", moving the mouse it wakes up again and the screen in finaly OK!

My card is 8500gt 1G.

any hint?

tks a lot!

Seems like the graphics are not quite right. How are you doing your graphics? dsdt? kexts? via com.apple.Boot.plist? You need to gives a bit more information to have chance of helping you. It would be a good idea to create your signature as well so we no your hardware and setup.

Hi Guys... just wanted to check if I can use the DSDT 3.2 (latest one) compiled for Bikinifarm? I have the same processor... I'm asking to check if the there are parts in that DSDT that i need to remove/replace based on my configuration (in my signature).

Should be ok but you need to check that the "OperationRegion (BIOS.....)" line matches what you have in a dsdt extracted from your machine.

The other day I had some free time and I made a P5K-VM boot cd. It includes the lastest dsdt and all the files needed for retail installation. Comes also with a readme. I thought I share it here as it should simplify the Snow Leopard Retail DVD install process to a few clicks.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ju4xdlhnzy

The other day I had some free time and I made a P5K-VM boot cd. It includes the lastest dsdt and all the files needed for retail installation. Comes also with a readme. I thought I share it here as it should simplify the Snow Leopard Retail DVD install process to a few clicks.

Here is the link:

WOW! i can't wait to use this... Especially on a rainy day as today in Amsterdam. MANY thanx.

EDIT: You'r a genius! Everything is described perfectly; noob proof!

Here is the link:

Nice work BlackCH - will be really helpful for noobs and reinstalls.

Many thanks BlackCH... as always an invaluable contribution from you...

I have a question that is unrelated to this release... can someone tell me or point me to how to backup a good/stable Leopard install? I want to back up my current 10.5.7 install before I try this. Kindly tell me in steps... I knopw this much that I need to take back-up using Carbon Copy Cloner... ok but with what settings... and how do i restore it?

Thanks...

Here is the link:

Cool, is appreciated. Thank BlackCH.

Eric

Here is the link:

Simply Awesome....!!!!!

Well... BlackCH does it again!

Thanks a zillion BlackCH.

I had really been waiting for this since the day Snow Leopard Arrived!!!

Coz.. Honestly... I have been using your XxX 10.5.6 install disk as my main OS since quite a long time...

And since 10.6.x... as the install OS for running OSInstall.mpkg of Snow Leopard till date ... on my PC as well as a couple of other enthusiast pals of mine.

Trust me... without your invaluable 10.5.6 Disk... we wouldn't have been virus- and worm- shielded.

I'll give it a try... if I again happened to need to re-install Snow Leopard.

-Thanks a Zillion once again.

-Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Here is the link:

Thank you BlachCH and everyone who participated.

Ok guys & gals, MasterChief has been weaving his magic again on the P5K Pro dsdt and released v3.3.

I've migrated those changes into P5K VM v3.3 dsdt and tested everythings working for me.

BlackCH normally tests before I release but the lucky devil has just left for a 6 week holiday in Argentina, so if someone else can confirm I'd be grateful. What do we gain well not much other than unneeded code removal, a code reduction (replacement code in certain areas), and a slightly faster boot + stability.

P5K_VM_3.3_dsdt.dsl.zip

Usual things need checking or changing to suit your mobo / CPU:

For your speed stepping set the correct values in PSS (get this wrong and you could fry your cpu) - read BlackCH excellent howto in recent post.

Name (PSS, Package (0x[color="#FF0000"]06)[/color] // equals number of p-states your CPU has
       {
	// This needs to match your CPU (use the P-State Calculator for it)
       	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{2915, 64946, 10, 10, 0xB28, 0xB28}[/color],
    	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{2650, 63453, 10, 10, 0xA27, 0xA27},[/color]
 	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{2385, 59906, 10, 10, 0x925, 0x925},[/color]
	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{2120, 57359, 10, 10, 0x823, 0x823},[/color]
	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{1855, 54812, 10, 10, 0x721, 0x721},[/color]
	Package (0x06) [color="#FF0000"]{1590, 52318, 10, 10, 0x61F, 0x61F}[/color]
    })   

Check you have the right code in this section - IMPORTANT:

OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, [color="#FF0000"]0x7FF8E064, 0xFF[/color]) // This code needs to match the one from your original dsdt extract.

If you don't have any IDE / ATA devices you can remove (Take out the red):

[color="#FF0000"]  Device (IDE) // Only needed if ATA devices attached
   {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001C0004)
            }
           	Device (JMB0)
           	{
                       Name (_ADR, Zero)
           	}[/color]
   [b]}[/b] // end of ATA section - leave this bracket in if you remove the section.

And finally if you do your GFX in dsdt it goes here (remove the blue highlighted if you do):

[color="#0000FF"]/* Placeholder for graphics card. [/color]
               Device (GFX0) // Newly added device (PXS1 on a MacPro4,1)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                         Store (Package (0x18) <- change this value accordantly!
                         {
                             [color="#4169E1"]// Add the data you need here, or keep using com.apple.Boot.plist[/color]
                         }
                      }, Local0)
                       MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               [b][color="#000000"]}[/color][/b] [color="#0000FF"]*/[/color] // end of GFX0 section - leave the parentheses if you remove section.

Compile with iaslme and your good to go.

Having a problem with no sound...tried all 6 ports.

Clean install using BlackCH new bootdisc method with SL DVD. Installed the package.

All line-ins/line-outs show up in Audio under System Profiler. Any suggestions?

P.S. 8400GS video works great with Lizard injector option. Got the cool graphics intro at 1st boot too!

P.S.S. I know it's not speakers...boot from Windows USB stick and sound works fine.