[How to] Asus P5K-VM guide

delish

1,244 posts in this topic

For those using PCEFI 9 (or any bootloader supporting /Extra folder or munky EFI partition), here is my custom Extensions.mkext. Just drop it onto your /Extra folder (dont forget to move/delete the Extensions folder)

Extensions.mkext.zip

includes:

post-51637-1232143441_thumb.jpg

You wont have to worry about reinstalling kexts after update. The sound kexts give only two outputs on the back, and one on the front pannel, mic in, and digital out. Those are from stickpin, Im still working to make them fully working. You only will need to have AppleSMBIOSEFI on your System/Library/Extensions/ folder.

also I have a modded BIOS 0902 (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK) with a custom bootscreen, and the DMI data edited to match a mac pro 1.1. This is also work in progress. I will patch the DSDT tables and SMBIOS tables soon.

BIOSMod.zip

For now Geekbench recognized it as a MacPro OOTB (w/ vanilla SMBIOS.kext):

post-51637-1232143820_thumb.jpg

But I still need a patched SMBIOS to show the info on the SystemProfiler.

The Bootscreen looks nice. I removed the 'Press DEL etc, etc' message too:

post-51637-1232143872_thumb.jpg

I've been using this BIOS for two months without problems.

@bikinifarm

Ok, another new install :(

iATKOS 5i with main system 10.5.5 (no update yet)

PC EFI V9

Apple Decrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

IntelAHCI

I don't have ALCInject but I remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

I take your two kexts and append in my /Extra/Extensions.mkext. Now this /Extra/Extensions.mkext have:

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 16 Jan 20:57 AppleAHCIPort.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 16 Jan 20:57 AppleDecrypt.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 18 Dec 12:56 AppleYukon2.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 16 Jan 20:57 IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 16 Jan 20:57 IOAHCIFamily.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 16 Jan 20:57 IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 18 Dec 12:56 IONetworkingFamily.kext

+ your kexts

Before build the Extensions.mkext with MKextTool, i make a chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel on my kexts.

I build the /Extra/Extensions.mkext

reboot

and no sound. system.log give me that...

Jan 16 21:46:03 localhost kextd[19]: loaded version 1.2.9a4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily differs from requested version 1.5.7a24

Jan 16 21:46:03 localhost kextd[19]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

I managed to have the sound with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129058, but only in 10.5.5

mala-zaba;

My installation is kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.6. So, I am not sure about all the extensions that are installed by iATKOS. I am also not using the /Extra folder. Everything I have sits in the /System/Extensions/. It should not make any difference in theory, but may change extensions load order. Audio works in 10.5.6 for me with no issues. Best of luck.

After a long night of work, I managed to make the sound and the network on Leopard 10.5.6 (iATKOS)

Here's how:

Install iATKOS with only:

main system

PC EFI V9

Apple Decrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

IntelAHCI

I used the dsdt.aml of DB1.

I made my own Extensions.mkext which contains:

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleYukon2.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

For the sound on 10.5.6, I used the kexts of macgirl here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9058&st=134

Voilà!

Thank for your help,

Eric

Wooow, great work!!!

Can you please describe me in few steps how to update my 10.5.5 iATKOS to 10.5.6, what to install and how after software update by software updater. I have 8600 GT, with nvinject 0.2.1.

Thank you for your help and your time

@ Lucas86

In my bios, I use AHCI only. I have 1 SATA HD and 1 DVD SATA. I disable Jmicron, floppy, paralel & serial port and integrated video card.

I don't use nvinject with my video card, but a specific gfx string for my XFX 8500GT 256Mb.

When you install iATKOS, choose only

main system

PC EFI V9

Apple Decrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

IntelAHCI

I replace the original dsdt.aml with one in P5KVMdsdtfixed_enet_hdef.zip from DB1 Post #253

remove /Extra/Extension

remove /Extra/Extensions.mkext

copy my Extensions.mkext in /Extra/

chown root:wheel /Extra/Extensions.mkext

chmod 644 /Extra/Extensions.mkext

reboot and cross your finger!

* My Extensions.mkext don't have support for Jmicron and Intel IDE. If you need this support, selet them in iATKOS installation and before you remove /Extra/Extension :

Use MKextTool to extract my Extensions.mkext in a directory on your desktop.

Copy the original Jmicron and Intel IDE from /Extra/Extension

chmod -R 755 Desktop/directory

chown -R root:wheel Desktop/directory

recrate /Extra/Extensions.mkext with MKextTool

and you have your modified Extensions.mkext

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that Samba does not work. Unable from XP to see a smb share in Network Neighborhood. I noticed that I have CFGetHostUUIDString error: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35. Do you have that?

I have the fix of "bult-in" to true in a string...

Any idea?

Solution to your problem :)

This workaround will help you to remove the "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" error.

1.) BACKUP your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

2.) Open /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

3.) ADD AFTER <string>Ethernet</string></dict> the following:

<dict>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en3</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>3</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

ABbPoF5V

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P3@1C,2/IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci14e4,4311@0/AirPort_Brcm43xx/IO80211Interface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>IEEE80211</string>

</dict>

4.) IF you have more than 3 interfaces or there is an "en3" interface change it to "en4" or a higher number, don't forget to change this "<integer>3</integer>" to "<integer>4</integer>".

5.) You need to REBOOT

Why does this error happen?

Well at looking at the source code of the configd there is a plugin "InterfaceNamer" it seams the plugin will always skip interfaces

that are IOBuiltin = false. The "<key>IOBuiltin</key>" cannot be changed because the plugin will check and restore it on next boot.

But it does not check if wireless interfaces <key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key><string>IEEE80211</string> are IOBuiltin.

Like I say this is only a workaround and there will be more need of testing.

You just have to insert a EFI string on to your boor.plist with EFI String Creator app. Or make a custom DSDT trable with the ethernet fix ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142434 ). That would do

The dsdt.aml of DB1 have Ethernet fix, no? And EFI string, it's the IOBuiltin fix?

Mala-zaba;

In order to enable the sound;

REMOVE AppleAzaliaAudio and ALCInject (if you have them)

INSTALL the attached HDAEnabler and the AppleHDA 1.4.0a22 (patched for P5K-VM)

iAtkos 5i

E6750, P5K-VM, 8800GTS, 4GB DDR2 800

After installation i had no sound/lan. I used kext Helper, drag n drop this two kexts, installed and rebooted. Have sound again. Thanks

Any ideas how to fix this:

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model:	Graphics by NVIDIA
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0193
 Revision ID:	0x00a2
 ROM Revision:	NVinject 0.2.1
 Displays:
SyncMaster:
 Resolution:	1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display Connector:

Solution to your problem :P

This workaround will help you to remove the "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" error.

1.) BACKUP your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

2.) Open /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

3.) ADD AFTER <string>Ethernet</string></dict> the following:

<dict>

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en3</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>3</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

ABbPoF5V

</data>

<key>IOPathMatch</key>

<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P3@1C,2/IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci14e4,4311@0/AirPort_Brcm43xx/IO80211Interface</string>

<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>

<string>IEEE80211</string>

</dict>

I have the same problem, but with my Asus P5K Pro (I only have en0, en1 and wf0 so it's my guess that I need to change en3 to en2 and IOInterfaceUnit to 2. Right? Or do I have to change more?

Update: I take it that the corresponding IOPathMatch key should match the ioreg tree, and apparently I only have en0 and fw0 so now what?

I have a problem, after installing iATKOS 5 and starting system with -v system hangs and I see bla,bla,bla user/bin/ocspd... starting

Can you help???

I have two sata hdd and one sata dvd.

I installed with main system, smbios-efi, pc efi v9, apple decrypt, intel ahci (i tried also sata)....

I have a problem, after installing iATKOS 5 and starting system with -v system hangs and I see bla,bla,bla user/bin/ocspd... starting

Can you help???

I have two sata hdd and one sata dvd.

I installed with main system, smbios-efi, pc efi v9, apple decrypt, intel ahci (i tried also sata)....

ive installed iatkos 5i without smbios and stuff. I was only selecting sound/lan/video, the rest was by default

The dsdt.aml of DB1 have Ethernet fix, no? And EFI string, it's the IOBuiltin fix?

I belive the dsdt.aml of DB1 has ethernet fix, which actually is the same thing as the EFI string (I prefer DSDT, but EFI sting is very effective too, and easier). Yes, it sets the ethernet as "built-in", "en0".

Althou if still doesnt work after you install the fix (either one or the other) you must reset all your network interfaces. Delete them from the network preference pane, delete the networkInterfaces.plist, and boot once without the yukon driver. Install the driver and boot again. When you open the Network preference pane again your yukon should be re-detected in the proper way.

I have a question about this: "Yes, it sets the ethernet as "built-in", "en0". This means that Time Machine won't work without a built-in Ethernet adapter? I'm just asking because mine won't work; System Profiler shows: Ethernet Adapter (en0)

thats correct. Nor timemachine, file sharing or apps like adobeCS, Maya, etc