InsanelyHacked!

178 posts in this topic

i have been getting alot of emails about "bigger earnings" stuff.

Yeah i noticed the same n my yahoo spam folder, but np i just went to email options and checked delete spam immediately instead of the delete spam weekly or monthly. :thumbsdown_anim:

The {censored} pricks, possibly some windows kid who thought it would be l33t to take-down a Mac forum. Pathetic really. However on the bright-side of things, atleast IM got moved to the UK, so access for me would pretty much be instantaneous, especially as I live in London, and well.. IMs housed in a London datacentre (the london data exchange or summin? Cant remember) Glad to see we're back and running tho :)

This site is awsome ... THE SITE ROCKS ... fast and everything but i have a DUMB question ... y all the attachements to topics are not workin ?? (or my account is the prob) any idea PLZ help !!

There's currently a problem with the uploads folder. Just hang on for while and it'll be working.

Well there two unlikely things that could happen.

The first is that users could be using the same password for every web service they use and if its a weak pass.. i mean this is hard to happen only if users have kinda shallow head. but they have your email and weak pass.. maybe they will have fun in ur paypal account, mail, etc.

The second.. well its kinda related to the things all those guys have been saying on this thread. personally i believe they're just huge fans of the x-files, but if there's a change the info stolen can be used to try and track down hacked osx users?

now more two things, hacked osx:

- made many guys go buy a mac after using it for a little bit...

- served as a pretty good test wether apple should release it to regular pcs. personally i dont believe they should, they're a hardware company, although a better software company than many others..

Glad to see all is well but i'm slightly annoyed that all of our e-mail addresses have been compromised. I have noticed that I'm getting a lot more spam in the last two days in my Hotmail account than normal.Just glad the site doesn't take credit card details.

One of the guys earlier wrote he used a temporary e-mail account to sign up. Although this is a possible solution I personally like being notified via my email about post updates (which hasn't been happening as well as before for the last month or so btw). Also I assume if you forget your password or something silly like that, you wouldn't be able to go into an email account to get a new password.

The only good thing I can think of is that I've been considering moving over to gmail for a while and this just gives me that extra shove and I guess I could always try and increase my Hotmail security a little to compensate for the extra organ enlargement miracle offers.

I did notice the site was much faster than normal yesterday. But that could be due to me comparing it to the rubbish speeds we've had to go through for the last few months. Even so, it's a great improvement. But right now it's a little slower. But not too bad.

But I got to say love it being in the UK. If you could bring the servers in London that would be so much better. Don't know why ;)

PS: My avatar, my avatar!!! I've had that since almost when I joined. Sad to see it go because I don't think I'll be able to find it again.

I blame you Sabr. I'm sure this had something to do with your promotion. Was it you? Did you take down and blackmail InsanelyMac?

Good to see we're back up and running again & It's nice that the site is in the UK now as the site loads a lot faster!

Though it's rather concerning that this happened in the first place - updates for forums etc. should always be installed ASAP after release as it stops most problems like this happening in the first place, and you'd expect people that host websites to know something about security.

Just as well I recently changed my registered email here with one I can change easilly! - Though I haven't gotten any spam to the address... yet.

~mac.nub

Haven't gotten any spam yet, but time will tell if that stays true. :unsure:

I'm not too familiar with people's real names here... does "Eric, the old site admin" = Other? If so, it's kinda funny... second time he's been "dragged back" to help out the site. :D

See, you can't stay away from this place.

Firstly, there is a difference between software hacking (which is actually called cracking) and internet hacking. Internet hacking is much more destructive to the target. It's not like we hurt Mac OS X in any way by replacing some files...

Firstly, there is a difference between software hacking (which is actually called cracking) and internet hacking. Internet hacking is much more destructive to the target. It's not like we hurt Mac OS X in any way by replacing some files...

captain_obvious.jpg