InsanelyHacked!

178 posts in this topic

I made this so we can gather the problems in one place.. I'll be moving posts of that kind to that thread as they crop up, if you experience anything unusual wioth the site, please post there.

Logged it, thanks.

FWIW - I am a casual forum user, contribute lightly where I can and overall love this place. I am hoping the hacker was just some disgruntled user because for me that is the best case scenerio. A hacker collecting emails for spam sales is bad but not nearly as bad as some anti-osx86 police that were gathering information. That idea crossed my mind when I first noticed demonoid down.

Anyways, thanks for getting things running and hopefully things will return to normal.

great to see this site up and running again

hope whom ever did this gets whats coming

Oh, that person will.

I'd tell you, but the I would have to hack this forum, delete this post, delete all copies saved in obscure corners of the internet, track down everyone that read this, then wipe their memory. :thumbsup_anim:

All this does is make the community stronger. New servers that are running better, more happy users to seeing the site back up and makes you realize how good something is when it's gone.

This all just makes me wanna have Mac on my other computers.

Also just for fun and as another back up, i'm in the mood to going through all the tutorials here and copying and pasting them nicely into a word document, Sorta like one big Insanely Mac Book. :(

The culprits will get what's coming to them.

Leaving log traces? Heh, unless done intentional, not to wise.

Wow, people are complaining about 200ms load times in the U.S. as opposed to 20ms in the U.K.? For pete's sake it's MILLISECONDS. Can you even count milliseconds in your head without using a special tool? I think not.