10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

I have the same problem of StevenZ: I get a Panic, for an ACPI driver missing.

SO my problem shouldn't be related to NVidia drivers.

Does anybody have a solution?

Do you have any 10.4.9 or earlier backup?

When I try to update mine 10.4.9 using AMD update it shows that I can't install (with a red 'X' in my drive).

I'm using tubegirl 10.4.9 ppf1.

You have to choose the partition where you OS X installation is located.

8.10.1 kernel is out.. :lol:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

how do i get the kernel for os x86?

Someone told that there is a working loginwindow for 10.4.10. Does it work for AMD and how can I get it? I also want to know where I can get the new Kernel and does it work for AMD, too?

I have a backup of 10.4.8 extensions.... why?

So use you backup to (re)place the missing ACPI driver.

Someone told that there is a working loginwindow for 10.4.10. Does it work for AMD and how can I get it? I also want to know where I can get the new Kernel and does it work for AMD, too?

noob question don't flame;

if he can't boot, how can he replace it? :P

so how do i go about doing the new kernel install?

Rename existing mach_kernel to mach_backup

Put new mach_kernel in the same place.

do "sudo chown root:wheel mach_kernel"

do "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /"

reboot

I hope that Apple added some 965 chipsets support and Geforce 8x00 cards.

965 works fine already, I have no issues with mine at all. GeForce 8xxx support is still nonexistant.

I downgraded back to 10.4.9 and then used PascalW's 10.4.10 upgrade pack and everything worked fine. Just use that if you're having troubles.

Updated my kernel to 8.10.1 - Drop & play, all working fine - except no DMG mounting due to incompatible System.kext. Using the 8.10.1 kext results in lockup at boot (pretty sure my 10.4.4 loginwindow (v4.3.1) is the culprit). Using 8.9.1 with the 8.10.1 has the same no-DMG issue. So either I need to sort out the loginwindow or stick to 8.10.1 mach_kernel and system.kext at this stage.

I'll try a 10.4.9 or 10.4.10 loginwindow and see if that helps.

since im using the intel package, after i reboot, if i go to about this mac, it makes me turn off my computer. if i open up macintosh HD, there is no kernel visible. do i gotta put the old kernel in there?

since im using the intel package, after i reboot, if i go to about this mac, it makes me turn off my computer. if i open up macintosh HD, there is no kernel visible. do i gotta put the old kernel in there?

The "about this mac" crash is caused by loginwindow.app. You need to replace it with an older one. I'm using the 10.4.9 one and it's fine. If you have a backup somewhere you can retrieve it from /System/Library/Coreservices/ - you'll need to use the terminal to copy it over as the OS won't let you. Do repairpermissions and reboot afterwards.

the kernel file is invisible, it is in the root directory though, just hidden. Use the terminal.

At this stage the 8.10.1 System.kext is incompatible with both the 10.4.4 (v4.3.1) and 10.4.9 (v4.6.6) loginwindow.app, causing lockup on boot. The 10.4.10 loginwindow causes lockup on "About this mac". So unless there's some magic combination of 8.10.1 kernel, 8.10.1 System.kext and some other version of loginwindow, there's no point trying to use the 8.10.1 kernel at this stage, as even if you get it to boot using the 8.9.1 System.kext you lose .DMG mounting capability.

Oh, and whenever you change _anything_ in the Extensions directory, make sure you delete the Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext files and do a 'sudo diskutil repairpermissions /' before you reboot. I forgot a couple of times and it's a nuisance to have to sort it out when it'll only boot to singleuser mode afterwards. (applejack is your friend! :(

i upgraded to 10.4.10 using PascalW package... but it bricked my hackintosh...i tried replacing to my old mach_kernel and the whole extensions folder... but still the same roblem, i get a black screen with just mouse i can move after the apple grey logo screen...

i upgraded to 10.4.10 using PascalW package... but it bricked my hackintosh...i tried replacing to my old mach_kernel and the whole extensions folder... but still the same roblem, i get a black screen with just mouse i can move after the apple grey logo screen...

the package automatically replaces the mach_kernel

what will i do to to fix this or restore my hackintosh setup exeptofor formatting?

update: i can boot in my ihack using safe mode (-x) and repaired the permissions) but still i cannot boot it on normal mode.. what should i do?

hey just wondering but umm.. how would i apply the amd patch on and amd?i have JaS 10.4.8 so any help would be greatful. how do i use .pkg.tbz files? im new to all this so please dont flame me , and please use simple steps :)

could someone write a nice tutorial like in the first page ? :thumbsup_anim:

I had already tried, but with no results. I replaced everything contained "ACPI", in System/Library/Extensions, including the ACPI packet in IO...whatever, but it keeps giving the same message, "ACPI driver missing".

Too bad, if I can't solve everything soon, I will have to reinstall. I will do that once is available a DVD or a package to update to 10.4.10 which contains also the new kernel

I had already tried, but with no results. I replaced everything contained "ACPI", in System/Library/Extensions, including the ACPI packet in IO...whatever, but it keeps giving the same message, "ACPI driver missing".

Perhaps you didnt delete AppleIntelCpuManagement.kext from the Extensions Folder?

Perhaps you didnt delete AppleIntelCpuManagement.kext from the Extensions Folder?

I don't have it in the extensions. I have another kext called AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext, but maybe that's not related to my problems.