Safari for Windows

Takuro

24 posts in this topic

Just to let the Windows fanboys know, you can run Apple Safari on XP or Vista now. Will it make a dent in IE's domination? Personally, I don't think so. Apple harshly underestimated Firefox's browser share, which is heard is now over 25%.

If somebody had told me about this a day sooner, I'd dismiss it as a rumor at the drop of a hat. However, this announcement came right from Jobs's mouth.

http://apple.com/safari

Ummm WHY O WHY. Safari crashes, has cheap flash support, no ad blocking, no support for plugins. Why reinvent the wheel?? Except maybe so that devs can make apps for iPhone.

Was that really necessary for thread ? Lame. Also, someone else beat you to it here.

Fail x 2.

Wow, you seem really peeved, calm down man.

Btw to the person that said "Safari>Firefox>IE7"

Refer to posts #4 & #5

But, it is a beta, so I guess we'll have to see what's next from Apple.

guys, guys, guys why do we always get into some argument that seems like instincts to some. Robotskip is right, the windows fanboy comment wasnt needed, Macs can now run Windows so it makes sense to port the mac web browser to windows. and X_Naruto he wasnt overreacting, its easy to pick on ironically the underdog here, the windows fanboy, its almost impossible to have just a normal conversation about windows w/o getting back to the mac vs. windows idea. people have to realize that mac isnt trying to take over windows marketshare, they target a different market and most likely wont ever take over the computer market.

I'm not not calm, you need to not get all excited when you see someone say 'lame' or 'fail.'

Excited? :hysterical:

Oh well, I'll drop it. =]

Btw to the person that said "Safari>Firefox>IE7"

Refer to posts #4 & #5

But, it is a beta, so I guess we'll have to see what's next from Apple.

I said Safari>IE7>Firefox but its not important. Also I posted that before Safari completely stopped working in Vista

I said Safari>IE7>Firefox but its not important. Also I posted that before Safari completely stopped working in Vista

oops sorry typed it wrong XP

hmm, well clearly firefox>IE7>Safari

I mean until Apple fixes the bugs, like it not working in your Vista.

WOW, this thing even works on windows 2000. I wish I could go rub it in microsoft's face. They don't offer internet explorer 7 (which I hate anyway) to us windows 2000 users. Also modern versions of windows media player don't work on windows 2000 and again apple released itunes for windows 2000. LOLOLOL

Maybe Apple could use this fact in thier marketing campaign!!!!

WOW, this thing even works on windows 2000. I wish I could go rub it in microsoft's face. They don't offer internet explorer 7 (which I hate anyway) to us windows 2000 users. Also modern versions of windows media player don't work on windows 2000 and again apple released itunes for windows 2000. LOLOLOL

Maybe Apple could use this fact in thier marketing campaign!!!!

Maybe this doesnt really matter but how long has it been since Apple did something great for OS 9 or OS 10.2? Windows 2000 is 7 years old =/.

Not very good news:

"David Maynor, infamous for the Apple Wi-Fi hack, has discovered bugs in the Windows version of Safari mere hours after it was released. He notes in the blog that his company does not report vulnerabilities to Apple. His claimed catch for 'an afternoon of idle futzing': 4 DoS bugs and 2 remote execution vulnerabilities."

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/12/0120230.shtml

is there any program from windows without bugs .... ? :(:)

the thung is that win is the biggest bug of all

R

yah... its like building on a house of cards

--and to the person who said safari has bad ad blocking... i have no clue what your talking about... to me its perfect, i never get ads on safari, even with all the pr0n i go on - i get way way way more in firefox

Not sure if anyone maybe...forgot, but Safari 3 is a BETA which means it was released to reveal the bugs! I don't think you can really compare it until the final version comes out. You never know what features/functionality may be added by then.

the windows fanboy comment wasnt needed
Mac "fanboys" will always call windows users "windows fanboys"; and windows "fanboys" will always call mac users "mac fanboys".

That's what fanboys do.

Other users, of mac pc or windows pc or both, will just respect each other.

Just to let the Windows fanboys know, you can run Apple Safari on XP or Vista now. Will it make a dent in IE's domination? Personally, I don't think so. Apple harshly underestimated Firefox's browser share, which is heard is now over 25%.

If somebody had told me about this a day sooner, I'd dismiss it as a rumor at the drop of a hat. However, this announcement came right from Jobs's mouth.

http://apple.com/safari

At least it is compliant with web-standards.

Safari passes the Acid2 web-test, along with Opera. It is also extremely fast.

Firefox is mainstream, but a lot of people seem to be complain about it getting slower and bloated with each release.

Personally, I'm sticking with Opera :)

If you want a very fast browser try netscape 9b. It's fastest in os x and in xp. I did not try it in vista. It also accepts all the firefox add-ons.

Modern Netscape is Garbage.